Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S. R. YadavYour feedback matters!
Someone warn Russell Brand. Send help to the duchess of Cambridge. Skinny jeans have long been the legwear of choice among fashionistas, but it appears there are health risks associated with dressing like kate moss or the bass player from the strokes.
A 35-year-old Australian woman developed a condition called compartment syndrome, caused by bleeding or swelling within muscles, which an article in the journal of neurology, neurosurgery and psychiatry said was made worse by her skinny jeans.
It's not the first time tight legwear has been subject to health warnings. Other researchers have identified several cases where patients have developed pain or tingling in their thighs after wearing" tight new fashion low cut trousers. Men are warned that skinny jeans can lead to twisted testicles. They are typically urged to wear looser undergarments when they and their partner are trying to conceive, says general practitioner Dr. Sarah Jarvis, because high temperatures are thought to have a negative effect on sperm production.
People with urinary tract infections are advised to avoid skinny jeans. Tight trousers have also been blamed for exacerbating heartburn by putting pressure on the abdomen, which in turn pushes stomach acid upwards - although Jarvis says this tends to be more of an issue when waists are cut unfashionably high.
But it's important not to overstate the risks, Jarvis adds. Compartment syndrome is a fairly unusual phenomenon and in the Australian case there was a" perfect storm" of circumstances. The tightness of the woman's jeans apparently caused her muscles to swell inwards rather than outwards, and the fact she was squatting for extended periods also worsened the situation.
People should be aware there's a small risk, says Jarvis - if you go to the gym and forget your tracksuit bottoms, it's best not to exercise in tight-fitting
Denims. But this is common sense" i'm not going to give up my skinny jeans"
Hello Doctor, About 45 days ago I physically contacted with my girl but did not do any intercourse, but satisfied each other with some other ways, even we also used condom for better security. After 8-9 days of it she got her Periods normally before one day of her monthly date. After that we did not do anything, but problem is that she is not getting her periods of this current month. Its being 4 days over of her date. Both of us are still virgin, We are scared. Is there chances of her pregnancy? Please help.
I lost my virginity to my boyfriend few days back. I am getting married to someone else. Is there anyway that I can escape first night questions on my virginity? Or anyway my hymen can grow back? Please help. I have heard that 6 months break will make vagina tight again and chances if knowing will be less. Is it true?
Satvik Food- The food items which increases the energy, purifies the mind, freshens the mind, produces cheerfulness, provides serenity and mental clarity and becomes the breeding place of positive thoughts. Love, Peace, Compassion of mind are the end products of satvik foods. Sattvic food is highly conducive to good health
Rajasik Food- The food items which create aggression, competition, action, sensuality, sexuality, greed, jealousy, anger, delusion, fantasies, egotism and irreligious feelings.
Tamsik Food- The foods which brings about stagnation leading to degeneration of people’s health are Tamsik foods. The increase dark and negative thoughts, confusion, delirium, and sluggishnesss of mind. Lack of concentration, memory loss, decreased grasping power is most commonly found in people prone to eating tamsik foods.
Hi Sir Me and my wife are planning for a baby since last 3months and we were unsuccessful. Both me and wife are having thyroid and vitamin b12 deficiency. But we take thyronorm tab and for both the thyroid is in control now. We request you to please advice us with the fastest way to give a birth to the healthy child. I am stressing up for the baby.
I am student .my monthly period gets over in two days .it has been happening since last one year. So I want to know is this normal? Because previously it was over from 3 to 4 days.
I am 23 years old female, I have had unprotected intercourse two days back (18April 2016) and I took contraceptive pill (unwanted72) after one hour of the intercourse. How high are the chances of pregnancy? P.S.I have PCOS and my last month my periods were on 19 march 2016 (had lesser bleeding than usual). Also I was on Dronis- 20 between 2012-13 as advised by gynaecologist. I am worried if I would get pregnant! Please advice what should I do? Also will it effect my pcos?
Hi I am 27 years old. I am suffering from irregular periods. I get my periods sometimes after 3, 4 months. I have tried medicines. But when I stop same thing happen. What is the permanent solution?
I am male with age of 33. From childhood I am very much attracted to mens. I feel that I should be a.female. I like to wear women undergarments, women dresses, and want to be a women. I feel very uncomfortable. I am. Ready to go any medication treatment to be a transgender. Please help me. I am looking for consultant or even treatment.
I am 13 weeks pregnent and all my test reports are normal. But there is lot of pain in my stomach. What shpould I do?
The amazingly complex herb, ashwagandha, happens to derive its name from the two sanskrit words, "ashwa" and "gandha".It is an exquisite herb, which can significantly cater to your body in more than one way due to its numerous health benefits.
Here are some of the most common advantages and risks of consuming this herb.
- Enhances your brain: Ashwagandha is an antioxidant and helps keeping free radicals at sea, and prevents them from damaging your brain cells.
- Fights emotional imbalances: Sudden emotional imbalances and even more sudden mood swings are probably the biggest and the most imminent problems of the youth today. Ashwagandha cuts out the stress stimuli and has a soothing effect on you, thereby making sure your emotional imbalances do not come in the way of your well being. Ashwagadandha can naturally lower cortisol levels.
- Cures wounds: Ashwagandha is also believed to cure your physical wounds, and a controlled amount of this herb, is believed to save you from one-sided paralysis of your body.
- Is anti- cancerous: Ashwagandha, according to a few studies, acts as an anticancer agent because it helps in slowing down the growth of cancer cells and cancerous tumors.
- Treats insomnia: Ashwagandha has its rejuvenating properties as well, which help in calming your nerves down, relieves you of your stress. It is considered to be an effective tool in treating patients with insomnia.
- Helps in weight loss: Cortisol not only acts as a stress hormone in the body, it can also make you fat. Ashwagandha is known to naturally lower cortisol - the stress hormone.
- Lowers Blood sugar levels: Ashwagandha also potentially decreases fasting blood sugar levels, which means that it may also help to improve glucose metabolism.
But, like every other herb, ashwagandha also has some risk factors associated with it.
- Pregnancy issues: According to a few studies, this herb can have an adverse effect on you if you are a pregnant woman, putting you at the risks of stillbirth. Though there hasn't been much research to back up this fact, it still remains one of the largest concerns during pregnancy.
- Hyperthyroidism: Certain studies claim, that ashwagandha can majorly contribute to hyperthyroidism, although even this, hasn't been proven. So, if you happen to be patient of hyperthyroidism, you should consult a physician before consuming the herb.
Ayurveda is an everyday life science that cures a number of maladies based on the use of herbs, yoga, oil massages and a number of lifestyle tweaks. Ayurveda uses everyday tweaks in order to reach the root cause of the ailment and cure it. Therefore, it makes use of a lot of everyday items that can make changes in the doshas that create an imbalance. Ginger is one such ingredient that has a number of health benefits as per Ayurveda. It is a root spice or flowering plant with an orange brown hue. Read on to know more.
- Healing Digestive Properties: Ginger has a number of healing properties thanks to its chemical composition as they make it ideal for patients suffering from digestive problems such an irritable bowel syndrome. It also helps in improved production of the digestive juices which can help in flushing out toxins or Ama. This spice also keeps the digestive fires burning due to the heat that it emanates.
- Nutrition: Ginger also helps in better absorption of nutrients, vitamins and minerals from the food that we eat. This helps in better weight management as well as better digestion, which can prevent a number of diseases including cancer.
- Stress: Brewing a cup of green or white tea with a hint of Ginger can instantly spread a wonderful fragrance throughout the home and calm your senses by enveloping them. The fragrant properties of Ginger also have a healing effect which can lessen and prevent stress.
- Nausea: Small doses of Ginger are especially helpful for pregnant women who are suffering from acute and excessive morning sickness or nausea.
- Muscle Pain: Ginger can be used to reduce pain and soreness in one's muscles. It can be brewed as tea or taken in small slivers after a particularly intense workout. It is also known to help in relieving pain experienced by patients suffering from arthritis and other ailments related to joint and muscles. This condiment also helps in reducing the inflammation in the joints due to its proven anti-inflammatory properties.
- Diabetes and Heart Disease: Ginger is known to dramatically reduce the blood sugar level. It shows a reduction in the markers for oxidized lipoproteins, which also lowers the risk of high cholesterol and heart disease.
- Menstrual Pain: Just a gram or two of Ginger can be ingested on a daily basis to get relief from severe pain during menstrual cramps in women.
Ginger can be used to season foods like salads, curries and stir fried vegetables and also for preparing tea so that some quantity can be ingested every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.