Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S. C. DeyYour feedback matters!
Heart disease or cardiovascular disease is an umbrella term that encompasses a variety of heart related ailments including Angina, coronary artery disease, pulmonary stenosis, irregular heartbeat as well as heart failure and cardiac attacks, among many others. Training the heart to pump blood in a better fashion when one is suffering from such conditions, is the cornerstone of managing cardiovascular ailments. The exercises for this usually revolve around strengthening the heart and its various parts.
Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese form of energy flow exercises that can help patients suffering from heart or cardiovascular diseases. Let us see how.
- Non Vigorous: It is a medically proven fact that non vigorous exercises form an important part of managing the heart in such ailments. This is one of the most important rehabilitation elements for such patients. This kind of exercise usually involves movements like walking and even other mild forms of exercise. Tai Chi is one such form of breathing and motion.
- Muscular Strength: This mind body exercise is a traditional one that can benefit the aerobic capacity of the patient and create a basis for building the muscular strength in the area.
- Hypertension: High blood pressure is one of the most common problems experienced by patients who are suffering from any cardiovascular ailment. With the help of Tai Chi, the systolic and diastolic blood pressure levels have shown marked improvement. This is due to the uptake of oxygen in this resistance based, mild exercise which does not put undue pressure on the heart.
- Diabetes: Diabetes mellitus is another common side effect or even cause of cardiovascular diseases. For many patients, both the ailments go hand in hand. With the help of Tai Chi, the patient can show remarkable improvement in the blood sugar level as well. This also helps in losing some amount of weight even as the Tai Chi practitioners are encouraged to make dietary changes.
- Balance: Tai Chi helps in attaining a certain balance and poise that is required for the constant cleansing of toxins from the body and its various organs. In this way, Tai Chi actually works as a wholesome lifestyle moderator as well.
- Breathing: In Tai Chi, the practitioner is asked to focus on one's breath. This will deeply enhance the way we take and use oxygen within the system, which in turn has a highly beneficial effect as far as heart diseases go. This effect is also known as meditation in motion.
You can also take the package for Improving Heart Health.
Practicing Tai Chi is beneficial for good health and potentially fatal ailments like heart disease. Remember to ask your doctor whether or not you can try out a new form of exercise before you start. If you wish to discuss about any specific cardio or heart problem, you can consult a specilized cardiologist and ask a free question.
I am 40 years old with 78 Kg. Weight (Over weight by 8 kg.) My BP remain 110/90. My doctor recommended medicine. What is the best way to reduce lower BP to 80. If I start taking medicine then I have to continue till I alive?
I am 31, male. My triglycerides level is 235 and blood pressure is @ 92/138 regularly. Please advise me diet to quickly reduce my abnormal blood parameters.
In my lab report I got my urea, serum is 14mg/DL, creatinine serum is 0.72, SGOT is 25, SGPT is 38. Total Cholesterol is 256, triglycerides is 167, hdl is 50, ldl is 170, vldl is 36, non hdl Cholesterol is 206. Doctor has advised to take fibrovas OD. Kindly advise whether it is safe to safe to take or not.
I'm 20 year old and I have always pain in my chest but it's increase when I'm running or walk long long time.
I am 19 yrs old and I have a lots of problem in my body. Like I always have body pain which makes me lazy. and second is my heartbeats run so fast when someone suddenly calls me which make me feel like I will have a heart attack on the spot. Please give me some advice.
Study shows reasons why chinese and japanese are more healthy inspite if they having weaker genes than indians.
The chinese and japanese drink hot tea with their meals, not cold water, maybe it is time we adopt their drinking habit while eating.
It is very harmful to have cold drink/water during a meal. Because, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion. Once this'sludge' reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.
French fries and burgers are the biggest enemy of heart health. A coke after that gives more power to this demon. Avoid them for your heart's health.
Drink one glass of warm water just when you are about to go to bed to avoid clotting of the blood at night to avoid heart attacks or strokes.
My nanaji had a bypass surgery and after 8 months he is suffering from different types digestive problems what to do? Why is it happened?
I'm 28 . I have cholesterol problem. I'm taking medicines for the same from last 2 months. But stil the cholesterol level is high. I want to know whats the reason of rise in cholesterol level. In my family no one has heart problem.
Doctors tell that all my arteries are blocked I need to do heart surgery I am afraid is there a remedy I have breaking problem also.
Hello doctor. I have mild chest pain and vomiting with cough. Blood also discharge in cough. I take medicine but not relief. Please help me.
Which is the best treatment Allopathy, Siddha or Homeopathy for BP? Is it necessary to continue the medicines through out life time ? Kindly advise.
In today's stress filled time it is important that we take good care of your heart health. As heart illness takes a larger number of lives than the other ailments consolidated. Heart problem is the main enemy of both men and ladies and currently, one in four citizens has some type of heart ailment.
However, both current drug and Ayurveda agree that there are things you can do each day to keep your heart healthy and we have a few recommendations to help you. Pick maybe a couple and begin with those in the event that you like, then include a couple all the more at regular intervals until you are normally carrying on with a heart-healthy way of life. Reward your heart, as well as your whole physiology will much obliged.
- Mitigate away stress: As indicated by ayurveda, a comprehensive way to deal with heart health obliges you to feed the passionate heart and also the physical heart. The heart is not only a pump — it's the origin of all feelings, whether it's bliss and elation or trouble and dissatisfaction.
- Develop the positive: While averting abundance stress is fundamental to keep the enthusiastic heart from squandering without end, effectively looking for mental and passionate prosperity can help the enthusiastic heart thrive. Ayurveda discusses ojas, the substance that looks after life.
- Eat right: Ostensibly the most basic stride you can take towards heart health is to eat a heart-accommodating eating routine. Pick new sustenances over prepared nourishments or remains; light sustenances over rich, rotisserie ones; and warm, cooked nourishments over chilly, overwhelming nourishments. An adjusted cell reinforcement Rasayana, for example, Brahma Rasayana is phenomenal healthful backing, and distributed examination affirms that Amrit decreases LDL cholesterol, which has been involved in plaque develop.
- Eat carefully: How you eat is as essential for heart health (and general health) as what you eat. Eat modestly, the perfect ayurvedic 'part' is the thing that fits in your two measured palms. Try not to skip suppers, since eating three dinners at general times every day "prepares" your processing to suspect and process your sustenance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I have difficulty swallowing food and sometimes feel choked after having meals and ears get blocked. Also sometimes feel chest congestion and feel dizzy while travelling in lifts. What is best remedy?
My age is 56 years I am feeling. Pain in my knees for d last one week, cholesterol level is also high and erectile dysfunction pl suggest some remedies.
High blood pressure comes in many different types. Each type depends both on the cause of the high blood pressure and how the high blood pressure can be treated. When describing these types, doctors often use the word 'hypertension' instead of 'high blood pressure. Because of this, when talking about the types, I will use the word 'hypertension' also.
Types of Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
is the most common type. There is no specific and underlying cause for essential hypertension. Lifestyle factors and other risk factors all increase a person's chance of getting essential hypertension.
is caused by another health condition such as diabetes, kidney problems or tumors. Once the other condition is controlled, blood pressure usually returns to normal.
White Coat Hypertension
is caused by a person's anxiety or stress levels being very high. Some people get anxious each time they see the doctor and have blood pressure readings higher than normal.
Isolated Systolic Hypertension
is hypertension in which only the systolic (upper) reading is high. This occurs in people over age 65 and is caused by a hardening of the arteries.
is when a person's blood pressure changes often. These changes can be caused by emotions or stress.
is a rare form of hypertension that is an emergency situation. Symptoms set in very quickly and there is a risk ofseizures, stroke of even death.