Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindra DeshmukhYour feedback matters!
I am suffering with prostrate of 124 cc , doctor suggested for lazer surgery. is there any treatment other than surgery? I have problem in passing the urine. At preent I am talking urimax capsule in a day and feel relief.
Hello I am from dhaka, bangladesh. My mother (54 years) was diagnosed with lung cancer 4th stage (metastatic adenocarcinoma) one month ago. She was going through dry cough for like 3 months so further investigation like biopsy confirmed it's lung cancer. But we didn't rely on our country's (bangladesh) report. So we went to apollo specialty hospital, chennai, india an ran pet ct scan followed by tapping as she had fluid in her lungs and then again biopsy. This time during the biopsy, my mother caught pneumothorax. So the doctor admitted her to emergency and inserted a tube in her backside. They called it drainage system. This will let the fluid come out of her lungs along with air that entered through pneunothorax. They kept the tube for 3/4 days and then released it. Now the doctor asked to do the chemotherapy. I get scared whenever I hear about chemotherapy. Is it the only way out? will this chemotherapy be effective for a long time? I did few researches over internet about the survival rate of lung cancer patient and it seems to be very low. Now I will write you the comments of pet ct scan and biopsy. 1. Pet ct scan: a) hypermetabolic primary mass in lingula b) hypermetabolic pleural metastases with effusion in left hemithorax. C) hypermetabolic metastatic paraaortic with non fdg avid left hilar nodes. D) no other demonstrable metabolically active disease in whole body survey. F) imaging is suggestive of bronchogenic malignancy in lingula segment of left lung with nodal and pleural metastases (t2an2m1a- stage iv) 2. Biopsy report: a) biopsy from left lung mass: consistent with adenocarcinoma, grade ii: ct guidedbiopsy from left lung mass. So what do you think, is it controllable? it is very worse? I want her to live. What kind of chemotherapy would you suggest? apart from chemo, is there any other way to treat or control it along with the chemo? I heard there is some drug called terceva. Internet says it treated their fourth stage cancer. I don't know but I am seeking your help regarding this
I am 30 years old and I am giving breast feeding to my 3 months baby. I observed a small painful lump in my left armpit during my second pregnancy in 9 month, but it disappeared after delivery. Now recently 3 days back I observed the same lump in the same area which is painful. I pressed the lump between the tips of forefinger and thumb it is moving under the skin like ball and it is pea size and deeper too. After sometime pus came from the lump in light yellow colour. Is it dangerous lump or cancer. Iam very much worried about the lump. Did I have to go doctor checkup? which doctor should I go through please clarify my doubts and help me.
Nowadays cancer has increased rapidly day by day. So I want to know if there is any remedy of cancer doctors have found or not?
Is there any vaccines for cancer? My father was expired due to gallbladder cancer. So I want know the vaccines if there. Any one please tell me how we can avoid cancer.
GOOD LIFESTYLE CAN SHRINK TUMORS & COMBAT CANCER.
We exactly do not know what causes Cancer & but there are various organizations that are working hard to continuously review and assess the body of evidence on diet, physical activity and cancer.
The 2007 report by WCRF/AICR International state 10 point recommendation for prevention of Cancer.
AICR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CANCER PREVENTION:
1. Be as lean as possible without becoming underweight.
2. Be physically active for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Avoid sugary drinks. Limit consumption of energy-dense foods (particularly processed foods high in sugar, or low in fiber, or high in fat).
4. Eat more of a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes, such as beans.
5. Limit consumption of red meats, such as beef, pork and lamb, and avoid processed meats.
6. If consumed at all, limit alcoholic drinks to 2 for men and 1 for women a day.
7. Limit consumption of salty foods and foods processed with salt (sodium).
8. Don’t use supplements to protect against cancer. Special Population Recommendations
9. It’s best for mothers to breastfeed exclusively for six months and then add other liquids and foods.
10. After treatment, cancer survivors should follow the recommendations for cancer prevention. And always remember – do not smoke or chew tobacco
RULE OF THUMB FOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Use these tips to make more walking part of your day:
• Start parking at the perimeter of the lot or two blocks away if you’re using street parking, instead of trying to get as close as possible to your destination.
• If you take public transportation, get off the train or bus when you are a stop away.
• Take the stairs instead of the elevator. If you’re heading for the 20th floor, walk up a few flights and then catch the elevator.
• Recruit a partner for after-lunch walks.
• Go for a 30-minute walk every day, or two 15-minute walks: one each morning and one each evening. These changes may mean you have to leave the house 15 or 20 minutes earlier.
The goal is lifelong health, so reset your alarm. On weekends, walk when doing your errands or to other destinations like museums or movies.