Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajendra Bhalavat
Submit a review for Dr. Rajendra BhalavatYour feedback matters!
My Mother is 45 years old. She has Breast Cancer. Now she is under Chemotherapy. What will do to prevent from it in future.
How many time should I masturbate in a month so that I do not suffer from prostate cancer or any other disease?
Causes and treatment of Cervical cancer
Suffering from tonsil stones. Can you please help me to cure these tonsil stone. What are home remedies to cure tonsil stones. Is tonsil stones are cancer cancer causing disease. Plzz help me.
Oral cancer is the uncontrollable growth of cells called tumors that invade and damage the tissues surrounding it is in or around the mouth. Oral cancer, like all other types of cancer, is life threatening if not diagnosed and treated in the early stages. There are eight types of oral cancer namely cancer in the throat, sinuses, hard and soft palate, floor of the mouth, gums, cheeks, tongue and lips. Dentists are usually the first ones to notice and detect the signs and symptoms of oral cancer. This condition is also known as oral cavity cancer. The risk factors and symptoms of oral cancer are mentioned below.
The symptoms of oral cancer, especially in the first stages, seem non-threatening and similar to common oral problems. However, visiting the doctor is mandatory to rule out cancer as an option. If you suffer from one or more of the following symptoms, visit your dentist immediately.
- Thickenings and swellings, lumps or bumps, crusts, eroded areas or rough spots on the lips, gums or surrounding regions inside or around the mouth.
- Bleeding in the mouth that is unexplainable.
- Persistent sores near and around the mouth or throat that bleed easily and may take more than two weeks to heal.
- Unexplained numbness or pain and tenderness in the mouth, throat or face.
- Development of patches, which are usually speckled, red or white in the mouth.
- Sudden weight loss.
- Excruciating pain in your ear.
- Loose teeth.
- Difficulty in swallowing.
- Lumps in your neck.
- Stiffness or pain in your jaw.
- Pain in your tongue.
- Dentures that fit poorly.
Men above 50 years of age face the greatest risk of developing oral cancer. Women are at a much lower risk of developing oral cancer than men. The following factors increase your risk of developing oral cancer:
- Smoking cigarettes, cigars or pipes
- Snuff, dips or chewing tobacco
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- History of oral or other types of cancer in the family
- Chronic sun exposure, especially facial exposure
- Sexually transmitted virus such as HPV
- Diagnosed of oral cancer previously. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
Pathologist given following test report Material Sent: COLONOSCOPIC biopsy for HPE Clinical Diagnosis: Ca. Ascending colon Gross: Received Multiple soft tissue bits aggregately measure 0.5x0.4x0.3 cm in size. Submitted entirely for processing. Microscopy: Adenocarcinoma colon What does it indicates. This is my Grandpa's Report
How to over come with cancer, which is held at lungs which becomes very pain full. Please give some advice.
My friend having muscle pain, feeling tried ness, shortness of breathe. And having multinodular thyroid. Is it symptom of throat cancer.
Prostate cancer is a very painful disease to go through. However, what some people do not realize is that prostate cancer is equally disturbing from a psychological view point, both for the patient and the family. Here are some psychological impacts of prostate cancer:
1. Shock, fear or anger
These are immediate reactions and you could feel any or all of these feelings when the disease is first reported to you. These feelings may continue for some time but if the patient is unable to come out of the state of the anger for a long time, then he may need psychological help.
Sometimes you may feel well and deny the fact that you have prostate cancer or not realize you really do. Accept it. This is the first step to curing it.
3. Frustration and disappointment
Try to avoid these types of feelings and if you do, then go to a shrink as well, as these are signs of depression.
This is also a natural feeling and will haunt you till this disease is gone. However, there are many ways to help reduce it.
This is usually related to the side-effects in the early stages of prostate cancer. Trust your doctor. Finding a support group or talking to people in similar conditions may help.
6. Mood swings
This is one of the side effects of the hormone therapy used to treat prostate cancer. It may cause you to get angry and anxious and then tearful and depressed.
Some men are overly worried about their prostate-specific antigen or PSA test results. The anxiety may continue even after the PSA test is over.
8. Sense of loss
Hormone therapy causes many physical changes in your body, including weight gain, changes in your sex life as well as reduced physical strength. Few things will be the same after prostate cancer in all honesty. Talking to the people around you can help more than you know.
While prostate cancer can cause all sorts of negative emotions, it is crucial that you use your family to stay strong and do not slip into depression. There are also a few patients who accept this diagnosis well, if properly counselled. In the majority of cases, prostate cancer grows slowly. In those cases, new drugs are available which help the patient lead a near normal life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
In ultrasound KUB it is mentioned that MILD median lobe prostrate hypertrophy to my father, is there any problem?
I am suffering from pain in my left breast's right side. When I touch that affected area of pain only than then it's happen n clot also feel that side Suggest me something please that what to do?
She is not pregnant now, but her both breast secrets some milky white substance, when some presser give on the breast. I am so afraid. Is this serious issue?
I am 20 years old I have problem with my nipples as they are projected out in dress. I do not prefer padded braziers as they are not health friendly. Request you to advise me on what measures other than that (padded one) to be taken to avoid it completely so that I am able to wear any type of dress.
In daily routine I used to drink 1.5 liter water in morning 7: 45AM and the reach office after 9: 30AM I again started drinking small amount of water and and I start urinating. In morning urination from 10 to 13 I need to push little more to urinate out but in evening it become normal to urinate. I want confirm that what could be the cause of extra push to urinate out. Is it because of prostate enlargement, if yes then what test I should go for to confirm.
I am 23 years old female ,height 5 feet and weight is 45 kg approx. From the last few days when I sleep I feel pain in my right side breast and now when I touched my breast I feel that there is something hard in my breast .kindly suggest me the cause and prevention of this problem and which particular doctor should I consult?
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.