Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Pritam DedhiaYour feedback matters!
I have a severe eyelid swelling due to allergies. I want to consult a doctor. Whom should I consult. A dermatologist or an eye doctor. What should I do to treat ds swelling? Sometimes it itches.
I am 23 year old I work on computer, some day I have headache, eye pain, please tell me how it treated?
Hello sir I am suffering from rp. I want to know about stem cell treatment .is it effective for rp ? If its success then how much years my vision will guaranteed . please tell me.
I have some kind of butt pain from last 5 days. On the first day, the pain was intense and I could not get out from my bed. Although the pain decreased, I couldn't walk after a certain distance. I'm limping from last 5 days. Sometimes I will experience a sudden pain and at other times when I walk a little far, the pain happens throughout my leg which compels me to sit down. Yesterday, I slept on the affected side of the hips and the pain increased and now I'm experiencing continuous pain. I should tell that I experienced a nasty jump in the bike because the tyres were not having enough air. What can be the reason for such pain?
Can we use contact lenses more than 1 month which is actually gave for just a month. If we use more than a month will be there any side effects?.
Diabetic Non Proliferate Retinopathy. Taking Cineraria Maritima, without alcohol, eye drops 3 times a day since 1 month. Initially sticky discharge from eyes, now much less. Also Dr. Reckeweg No 34 10drops thrice a day. How long should I continue?
When watching TV using system eyes are red. Any antireflection glasses helpful to over come this problem.
I have pain in eyes. Muje khujle hoti hai ek week se aur irritating lagta hai. Nw please tell me what will I do?
I have red eye last 2days I don't know how it is. I am so worry about my eyes and I want a little bit to what I do. Please help me.
My ear was operated in jan 2016. It was masteriod bone operation. Now for few months, I had pain in my head. My eyes are stressed and both ears pain. But my right ear was operated. Tell me what to do I am not able to concentrate in my studies. When I read two lines only, it feels to move away off the book. It seems that my head is not able to be balanced.
Cataract can be defined as the clouding of the natural lenses in the eyes. This is caused by the clumping of protein in the eye lens. Cataract is a common eye disorder and the leading cause of loss of vision in people who are past their fortieth birthday. Cataract can occur in one or both eyes. When diagnosed properly, cataract can be treated with surgery to prevent blindness.
Depending on where and how they develop, there are many types of cataract. The most common amongst these are:
- Subcapsular cataract: These occur at the back of the eye lens. Diabetic patients are very susceptible to this kind of cataract.
- Nuclear cataract: Yellowish-brown cataract that form in the center of the lens are called nuclear cataract. This is usually seen in cataract caused by ageing.
- Cortical cataract: Cataract in the lens cortex are known as cortical cataract. These are wedge shaped and whitish in color. Spokes protruding out of these opaque wedges can be seen moving towards the center of the eye.
- Congenital cataract: Though they are not common, babies can also have cataract. Cataract formed at birth or within the first year of a baby's birth are known as congenital cataract.
- Secondary cataract: Cataract is one of the known side effects of diabetes and glaucoma. Some steroids and medicines are also linked to cataract.
- Traumatic cataract: If your vision becomes cloudy years after an eye injury, it could be a traumatic cataract. It can take several years for this to happen.
- Radiation cataract: Exposure to radiation can also lead to cataract. This is seen sometimes in patients who have undergone radiation therapy to fight diseases like cancer.
Though the type of cataract might differ from person to person, the symptoms are usually the same. Some of the common symptoms of cataract are:
- Blurred vision
- Reduced night vision
- Increased sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing halos around lights
- Colors appearing faded
- Double vision
A reading test is the first step towards diagnosing cataracts. This is followed by tests to measure the eye pressure. Your doctor will also need to dilate the pupil to check the condition of the optic nerves and retina.
Surgery is the safest way to remove a cataract. Surgery is usually recommended when cataract begin inhibiting your daily life such as preventing you from driving, interfering with reading etc.
In most cases, this can be done as an outpatient procedure. The earlier it is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat. Hence, if you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, get your eyes checked at once. The surgery is a day-care surgery only, so a person can go home the same day.