Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Prashanth RaoYour feedback matters!
I feel bad health condition on some time and full of abdominal pains and headache regularly I how can I overcome this health condition.
Hi I observed intestinal infection since yesterday. I went bathroom immediately I take meals. Plus I used to be prone to this problem. I think my stomach is not healthy bcuz since two days sour liquid piped out up to throat three to four times. And my tongue tastes bad. I talked yesterday tablet ciplox-tz and now I take nuflox-od. Can u. Suggest me. A. Medicine that can make my stomach healthy and strong and medicine that make my intestine healthy?
I am a female, 55 years old and just had an abdominal ultrasound performed. The results showed the liver to be mildly enlarged measuring 16.2 cm in length. The report said it demonstrates diffusely increased parenchymal echogenicity. No focal liver lesions were identified. I.H.B.R dilatation seen. What does this mean? I am also taking medicines for thyroid I.e Thynorm 100. Please give me guidance.
Are you experiencing frequent and extended heartburn on a regular basis? This might indicate that you are having gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It is a type of digestive disorder that affects your lower esophageal sphincters. The condition involves the return of the stomach’s content back to your esophagus. Although heartburns are common, GERD involves chronic heartburns, which require an adequate treatment.
Here the some important reasons why you should not ignore the symptoms of GERD:
- Esophagitis: In case of GERD, the food, acid and digestive juices flow back from the stomach to the esophagus. This leads to irritation and swelling with time, which is called esophagitis. In case you have acid exposure in your esophagus for a few weeks, inflammation of the lining is indicated. This can be very painful and uncomfortable, making the esophagus more prone to scarring and further erosion.
- Esophageal stricture: If esophagitis continues for a long time, scar tissues can lead to the narrowing of the esophagus. This is known as a stricture, which makes swallowing very difficult and painful. Large chunks of food may get stuck and you are more likely to choke while eating or drinking. You may tend to avoid food and water because of esophageal stricture, which may result in weight loss.
- Throat and voice problems: Apart from heartburn, several other symptoms may also appear because of GERD. These are called cases of silent reflux where you may not experience heartburn. Instead, other issues are indicated which include voice hoarseness, voice changes, sore throat and chronic coughing.
- Breathing problems: If stomach acid is inhaled after regurgitation, the symptoms of asthma and pneumonia may worsen because of GERD. Shortness of breath and breathing difficulties are likely, even without any lung problem.
- Tooth decay: When the stomach acids and digestive juices go back to the esophagus and into the mouth, it leaves a sour taste. In case it occurs frequently, it wears away your tooth enamel and results in tooth decay. People experiencing acid reflux induced erosion may be unaware of the damage being caused until it reaches peak stages.
- Esophageal ulcers: Stomach acid may result in the wearing away of the esophageal lining, resulting in ulcers and sores. These esophageal ulcers are different from stomach ulcers, which occur from bacteria. Patients with esophageal ulcers may vomit blood, and notice blood in stool. It is usually darker than its usual shade and may have the texture of coffee ground like particles.
It is important for you to visit a doctor immediately after experiencing the symptoms of GERD. This condition may cause severe distress if you let it advance, and hence, early diagnosis and treatment are very important.