Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Pavitra BorkarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from acidity & due to this I am coughing alot. & I am unable to breathe properly. Also taking medicine & cough syrup but condition getting worst. What to do please help.
M 23. During my periods I bloat a lot and pass out a lot of gas. And the gas also comes out from the vagina. Does this mean the hymen has split? M a virgin and have never put any object in the vagina. Still does it mean the hymen is ruptured?
I am 72 years old retd engineer male, I'm suffering from gall bladder stone and prostate enlargement blocking urine passing? What should I do?
I am 56 years old (male). I am suffering from loss of appetite for past 2 years. Last year I consulted a physician for treatment of blood in stool. After a treatment of around 4 months my ailment was cured. But recently I am experiencing the same problem. Blood is coming with stool 4 to 5 times in a day. Please advise.
I have problem regarding hyper acidity. I usually take rabeprazole 20 od in rutile. What are it's side effects. What should I have to eat in mornings.
Hi I am a 29 year old, I have stomach pain and tenderness since 8 months now, I have had 2 endoscopies, ctscan and endoscopy . First endoscopy said focally enhanced gastritis and the second endoscopy which was after 6 months said chronic inactive gastritis with lamina proper shows moderate lymphoplasmcytic inflammation. Till now I was under gastritis treatment. Please help me diagnose. Thanks!
Hello Doctor, my brothers having stomach ache since yesterday and was complaining about acidity since 4 days back. Kindly help me out with some medications. Although I have already gave him almefkem-spas and ac loc.
My father is suffering from acidity and body ache from last 6 days, he had consulted the doctor even then if did not get relief, so I want you suggest something so that he get well soon.
Hello i'm 26 year old diagnosed with fatty liver grade 2. KIndly let me know what can I eat and what I can not. Specially about below items. Milk with honey Lemon Apple Banana Grapes Carrot.
My bilirubin total count is 1.58. I am having pain in upper abdomen. Loss of appetite is there too. My doctor had advised me to take Liv 52 DS. Should I go for further tests?
My question is to Dt. Lokendar Tamar. I'm also suffering from gas problem and it happens 1 or 2 times in a week. And when it happens cause headache. Help me.
Sir/madam, I am 18y old my weight is approx 85 whenever I eat food too much gas is forming in my stomach and i'm getting bad breathe is there any solution for that im looking forward for solution please help me.Please tell.
Hello doctors, please help me any one of you. My husband working as a Marketing executive, so he spends most of the time in sunlight and take outside food. He has a gas problem during in summer seasons. His body get heat very soon. His gas smells very very bad. Please give me a valuable suggestion. Please help me out in this. Thanks in advance.
My weight is decreasing day by day because of Chronic pancreatitis. Please help me to recover my health. Is their any solution?
Abdominal Laparoscopy is a surgical diagnostic procedure, which is used to examine the organs inside the abdomen. It is an invasive procedure, but only small incisions are made.
The procedure is usually done in the hospital and the patient is given general anaesthesia to make the procedure pain free. The laparoscope is inserted through an incision in the abdominal wall. As it moves along, the image of the inside of your abdomen is then seen on the monitor. After the exam, laparoscope and instruments are removed and the cuts are closed. Laparoscopy is usually done as an outpatient procedure. This means that you will be able to go home the same day.
Why Is laparoscopy performed?
Laparoscopy is often used to identify the source of abdominal pain. It is usually performed when x-rays or ultrasound are unable to determine the root cause of the problem. Laparoscopy allows your doctor to see inside your body in real time and helps to diagnose or help discover what the abdominal problem is.
Tips to deal with laparoscopic surgery
- The first and the foremost thing is to prepare yourself for the surgery by watching some videos and going through some blogs on it as doing so will help you clear your doubts
- Do not eat or drink anything 8 hours before the procedure
- Make sure someone accompanies you on the day of the surgery
- Fix your Pre Op appointment to ask any questions or address any concerns regarding the surgery, anaesthesia, etc
- Shave the area where the surgery will be performed. This will substantially reduce itchiness
- Lastly, prepare your hospital bag and discuss it with the person who is going to accompany you so that he/she knows what all you packed
- Don’t lie down in bed all the time. Keep yourself active by moving every two hours as it promotes healing and helps eliminate gas pain
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Do not take bath for a week. However, you can take a shower 24 hours post surgery
- Drink at least 1.5 to 2 litres of water per day to prevent constipation. If constipated, take a stool softener.
- While sneezing or coughing, hold a pillow against your stomach to lessen the pain
- Roll onto your side and sit up using your arms for support and then stand up
- Don’t drive for two weeks
- Refrain yourself from intercourse, douching, and swimming
- Make sure to visit your doctor 2 to 3 weeks post surgery to make sure your wounds are healing
It might take some time for the wounds to heal, but in case of any prolonged pain do remember to consult doctor immediately.