Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neeha KokateYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 6 years old, she suffered from saline infection after her premature birth in right arm. We already operated plastic surgery two times in pgi chandigarh but still growth of the arm is not as left arm and scar is wide please suggest us what to do ?
Dear Sir /Madam, My daughter is 5 months old. Last few days her foot (lower portion) and palms are turning red frequently for 15 to 20 minutes after which it is getting normal. We also noticed the same in her forehead. These things are happening most in the night before sleeping. Is anything serious in it? When consulted with doctor, he told that my daughter has low hemoglobin (12. 2 gm%) for which she is taking medicine now. Is it the reason for which she is getting this problem. Please clarify & suggest what need to be done. I'm very worried for my daughter's health.
My daughter is 14 years old but her height is not increasing she is 4.5 feet and all my family members are above 6 feet. What to do?
My son age now 6 month plus, we are given lactodex 2 & cerelac1 for feeding, is it sufficient to him also take from her mother, please advise?
My baby is 1.6 years old. She doesn't want to explore new food or taste anything. Earlier I was forcefeeding her. But now I have stopped it completely. What should I do. She remains hungry whole day but doesn't eat anything. please help.
My son harshit is 1years 10 months old. Doctors have suggested that he has hemoglobin count of 6. So need 1 pint of AB negative blood. So my question is" is there any way to increase hemoglobin count by syrup or any other method. What alternate blood can be given as AB negative is not available in my hometown.
Hi . I have a three month month old baby. I'm giving formula milk for my baby from the 1st month itself. Because From the beginning I don't have much milk secretion. Also I use to give Brest feeding 3 to 4 times a day in between. By last I had cold and light fever so I stopped Brest feeding my baby for 2 days thinking it will also affect my baby. After that my milk secretion has almost stopped. Even my baby is also not sucking from me. Now I'm recovered from the flu but still I didn't get back to my normal secretion. Not even 10 ml of milk is getting secreted. I have tried eating fenugreek garlic lots of water oats meal everything. But nothing has worked out. Ian really stressed because of this. I can't even able to breast feed my baby for 3 months? I am worried. Please help me and advice me. It will be great full for me and my baby. Please.
My baby is 7 month old and he taking mother feed and formula feed. But before one week he is not taking formula feed. Due to this day by day his heal keep very low. Give some suggestion what I have to take for eat after mother feed.
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
On 22nd July my son (4 years old) had 101 fevers at night. I consulted homeopathic doctor (with whom I have consulted earlier and found effective in my son’s treatment of cold & cough). While the temperature reduced, my son started coughing. Homeopathic doctor gave him medicines for cough that I continued administering my son for next 2 days. However, I noticed that the cough increased, even though I also kept doing some home made things (like ginger honey paste, tulsi extract) to help reduce the cough fast. Since the cough increased in next 2 days, I assumed the homeopathic medicine is not effective in curing cough though it cured the fever .I therefore, started giving S-mucolite 3 times 3.5 ml (this was prescribed by our allopathic doctor 5 months back when he had chest cold). As expected, I could see significant improvement in frequency and sound of his cough with each passing day. In next 4 days my son’s coughing reduced to bare minimum though he is still coughing with a heavy cough sound and still has minor cold. I wanted to know whether I should continue only with S –mucolite for 3 more days (full course is of 7 days as last prescribed by the doctor during same type of cough). Should I also add a decongestant like Alex junior as prescribed earlier for regular cough? Or with passage of time the cough will subside and there is no need to start any other medicine. Please provide your suggestions?
Hi. I am 28 years old and have a 5 months and 19 days old baby. I have a cavity in wisdom tooth and during my pregnancy doctor advised to extract that. Could you please advise when should I extract that. I am worried because I have 5 months old baby.
Hello sir, I worried about my 11 years old son is suffering with bed wetting since start, if I wake up him and make him to release his pea than ok otherwise he wet regularly. Need help.
It is the timely medical treatment which matters.
I am 35 years female. I have two fibroids in my uterus. I am getting pain very worse menses time and heavy bleeding. My mood also swings I can't bare the pain pls help me.
My daughter is one year old. I want to know some home remedies for cold and fever for instant relief.
My 8 month old baby has no eye brow need tips to grow his eye brow well and his face s fair but body s brown I need to increase his color in body also any good soap or oil s can suggest me.
Being a mother is the greatest gift to womankind. With the most amazing feeling of being a mother, comes big challenges and responsibilities. The first and foremost being, keeping the baby safe and healthy. Providing babies their best start begins with breastfeeding. Doctors around the world recommend exclusive breastfeeding to begin within the first hour of a baby’s life and continue until six months.
A mother’s milk has no substitute. It is packed with amazing nutritional benefits, the absence of which can lead children at risk of malnutrition and various diseases. Breast milk is often being termed as complete food with added antibodies, enzymes, hormones and fatty acids extremely vital for a delicate immune system of an infant. Babies build their immunity in the first few years of their life and breast milk is critical to developing immunity.
UNICEF working on child’s rights and well-being world over promotes breastfeeding schemes across many countries.
According to UNICEF reports, a non-breast fed child is 14 times likely to die within first six months than an exclusively breastfed child. An estimated 8,20,000 children under the age of five could be saved each year with increased breastfeeding. However, Only 38% of infants globally are breastfed. Looking at India’s state, Malnutrition continues to be one of the greatest challenges. One cost effective, safe and smart intervention to curb malnutrition and decrease infant mortality is breastfeeding.
Let’s now look at the benefits of breast milk for infants and mothers:
- Breast milk is found to reduce the risk of respiratory tract infections, diarrhea, asthma, food allergies, leukemia, diabetes and celiac disease.
- Psychologists have long established the positive effects of mother’s touch in the emotional development of babies. In addition to this, breastfeed has positive effects on child’s cognitive development.
- Breastfeeding has amazing benefits for mothers. It is found to aid weight loss post pregnancy. It promotes better uterus shrinkage and delays menstruation. Lactating mothers naturally avoid pregnancy till they breastfeed. It reduces the risk of breast cancer, cardiovascular disease and rheumatoid arthritis later in life.
- Considering the benefits of this super natural milk, many countries have now adopted an international code of marketing of breast-milk substitutes. The code promotes breastfeeding and restricts marketing of infant formula milk. India along with many other countries signed it.
India has also begun with a baby friendly hospital initiative where hospitals educate new mothers regarding breast feeding and strictly discourage infant formulas wherever possible. The myth of feeding newborn babies with honey, water, sugar does more harm than good. Thus, it is vital to exclusively breastfeed the baby at least for six months before introducing other foods.
Ensure your child’s right to a healthy life through breastfeeding!