Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mukta BapatYour feedback matters!
I am facing always stomach related problem. I had not take much food but my weight is continuously increasing. And gastric problem also. Please do suggest me any medicine or suggestion.
How can I improve my digestive system? I am generally suffered from acidity. How can I control acidity?
I am suffering from gas in my stomach and lose motion from the last three days please consult me some advise hkw to recover.
I am 33 year old I am facing a stool problem from 5 years.gas,stomach pain,loose motion,constipation and undigested food in stool is symptoms but now days 4 to 5 times I went to toilet when I come back from toilet I face pain in my stomach I tried lot of medicine but I am not satisfied.please help me out.
Hello, From past few weeks sometime blood comes out from my anus and earlier there used to burning sensation but now I do not feel any burning sensation from past few days. Also I feel a lump has formed near anus area, but that is not too big, so I have taken amlox -c and also now I am using betaraite ointment.
I am 24 years old and I have neck pain always whenever I start working in front of my desktop and there is a acidity problem also I am having sometimes I feel I am suffering from a big disease, kindly let me know the reason?
Dear sir, I am 21 year old I have pain in stomach due to gas. First in my stomach pain and then released gas (acidity) help me what I do?
I had blood in stool few times. It is not appearing continuously. 3 or 4 times in a month. While this is happens my stomach goes worse and I feel digestion problem.
I felt very uneasy with some gastric problem and I went and net one gastroenterologist and after endoscopy he said there is a pre-pyloric ulcer and gave me esomeprazole tables to take every morning. But even though I'm taking the tablets I'm feeling very heavy in the stomach mainly after eating food probably the gas due to very slow digestion of food. Yesterday evening I drank one glass of buttermilk and I vomited it in the night. What should I do now?
Sometimes I suffer from solid stools in toilet. It pains too much. please suggest a solution for this.
I cannot digest my food well I take an antacid every day when ever I leave my antacid I suffer from indigestion what should I do now?
I am suffering from anal fissure from few days and the pain is unbearable. please suggest what to do.
Sir I m Ramandeep from meerut I have suffering from abdominal pain from last 2 days. So I can't eat any thing.
I'm 23 year old male, My physical activity at the gym and ground (occasionally swimming) is about 2 hrs a day. Inspite of doing that, I'm suffering from bloated tummy, (if I don't do any physical activity, bloating becomes more severe ), if I eat 4 whole wheat roti, my stomach becomes huge (I need to loosen my belt ), and next day morning after shit, it becomes normal and again after eating breakfast bloating starts. Stool looks fyn like normal (not watery or any other abnormalities). This problem is ther for more than 6 months now, I've been consulting Dr. here and seeing my age they don't even consider this as a serious issue and they tell it's normal only, take high fiber food bla bla bla .I tried all kinds of high fiber food also (even if I eat a cup of Oats, it bloats like I've drunk 2l water, I'm avoiding all junk now a days) Please help me for a permanent solution. Please.
Iam 65 yrs Male with pain and inflammation of both ankles (medial side) since 2yrs, in additional I had antral gastritis.(No h\o HTN, DM, COPD. My urine \blood test had revealed no abnormalities, so what may be the probable diagnosis?
I want to reduce my belly fat I have lots of the problem like fatty liver gass problem how can I solve.
Diarrhea occurs when the body is expelling germs out of it. An episode of diarrhea can last anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Dehydration, cramps, vomiting, nausea and fever often accompany diarrhea. Usually, children tend to get diarrhoea more than adults.
Diarrhea treatment according to causes behind it
- Treating diarrhea due to infection: Some common causes of diarrhea include infection from rotavirus, salmonella (a type of bacteria) and rarely giardia (a type of parasite). In children, virus is a common cause of diarrhea. Besides watery or loose stools, viral gastroenteritis infection symptoms include fever, headache, stomach ache and vomiting. Gastroenteritis diarrhoea can last for 5-14 days. During this time, fluid loss must be prevented. In younger children, oral rehydration solution (ORS) or breast milk is enough. Just feeding them water won’t replenish the potassium, sodium and other nutrients they lose. Older children, to prevent fluid loss, can be given ORS and popsicles to counter dehydration and vomiting.
- Treating diarrhea due to medications: Antibiotics or laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the diarrhea is mild, make sure your child is hydrated. If the antibiotics are causing diarrhoea, you need to continue medication, but do consult a doctor immediately.
- Treating diarrhea due to food poisoning: When it comes to food poisoning induced diarrhea, the same method as countering infection-induced diarrhea should be followed. Keep your child hydrated and call your doctor.
Diarrhea and children - recognising dehydration
The most serious complication of diarrhea is dehydration, especially if the diarrhea is severe. Severe dehydration is critical as it can cause brain damage, seizure, even death. Your child may need immediate medical attention, if you notice the following symptoms:
- Light-headedness and dizziness
- Sticky, dark mouth
- Dark yellow urine
- No or few tears when crying
- Dry, cool skin
- Loss of energy
When should you visit a doctor
Diarrhea resolves within a few days, but it can have serious complications. Call your doctor if you notice signs such as:
1. Looks very sick
2. Diarrhea has persisted for more than 3 days
3. Your child is less than 6 months old
4. Your child is vomiting bloody yellow or green fluid
5. Seems dehydrated
6. The fever reads above 105 degree Fahrenheit
7. Bloody stools
9. Stomach pain persists for more than 2 hours
10. Infrequent urination