Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Bariatricians in India. You will find Bariatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Bariatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. JanhaviYour feedback matters!
I just started drinking water with apple cider vinegar before every meal to help lose weight I was told if I eat fats and continue drinking the apple vinegar it will also work.
I am thirty years old and my weight is 78 kgs and my height is 170 cms, can you please tell me how can I reduce my weight quickly?
Hii I am thyroid patent Mujhe topaz-100 diya h weight loss ke liye kya Mujhe doctor ki fir karni chahiye.
Hello sir I am just 25 years old having habit of drinking alcohol smoking daily and my weight is upto 80 kg. Last week my frd advise me to have juice of avla and luki without having brush. I have stated having juice. I wanted to know is their any side effects with this juice. Because daily in night I have alcohol drink. Now I want advise from you? 1) I want to lose my weight 2) I want to make my sexual health long survive and good. 3) I want to make my pencil harder/ longer and stronger. Thank you Waiting for positive reply from doctors.
I hav lost my weight more than 3 kgs from past two days and I feel too lazy. Can you give me the solution for my problem.
The word weight loss brings an image of starving, eating just enough to survive, and reduce weight. However, that is not the case always. There are some foods that can actually help burn fat, the more you eat of these on a regular basis, the lesser the chances of you growing fat. The good old coconut, which has formed a regular part of our diet for ages is one such wonderful item. Listed below are some benefits that show how coconut helps in weight loss.
- Good Fiber: Foods usually contain two types of fibers soluble and insoluble. The soluble usually contains sugar and starch. These are digested to provide calories. The non-soluble on the other hand is not digested and only provides roughage. Coconut contains an astounding 61% of non-soluble fiber, which is completely devoid of calories and therefore, no contribution whatsoever to weight loss.
- Instant Energy Source: For athletes and sports people, coconut provides an instant source of energy with lesser number of calories. This energy can help them curb hunger for prolonged period of time. People who eat coconut regularly can go without food for longer hours without experiencing symptoms of low blood sugar.
- Lowered Glycemic Index: The glycemic index is an indication of how fast sugar is released into the bloodstream, leading to higher sugar level. Sugar has a glycemic index of about 80 and coconut is about 35. Therefore, it reduces the pace at which sugar is released into the body and does not promote formation of fat. Coconut is also easy on the pancreas, not pushing it to pump insulin into the system.
- Reduced appetite: By improving insulin secretion and promoting blood glucose usage, the cravings to have something sweet to boost energy is reduced. The super nutritious coconut is digested to right away produce energy and consume it, thereby improving endurance.
- Good fat source: The coconut is a rich source of medium chain fatty acids which are good for health. Unlike the long chain fatty acids, which contribute to weight gain, the medium ones are good for heart and do not add to weight in a big way.
- Easy on the stomach: Coconut also improves digestion in general and improves absorption of nutrients (vitamins, minerals, and amino acids) from other food substances, thereby improving overall nutrition. The good fiber, good fat and good sugar all add to the immense benefits of coconut. Not just whole coconut, even coconut oil and coconut milk are being used more now.
Not just weight loss, coconut is also very healthy for the heart, skin, and hair. It has no trans-fat, no gluten, is nontoxic and hypoallergenic and boosts immunity. Eat coconut in any form and enjoy the various benefits.