Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mrs. Susan George
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. Susan GeorgeYour feedback matters!
Lumps are usually harmless and do not raise serious concerns. However, if the lump persists for more than two weeks, it may be a serious issue. Lumps are categorized based on their place of occurrence and each of them demand separate treatment. Learn the signs of danger related to lumps and take action accordingly.
Reason behind formation of Lumps
Injury is one of the major causes behind lumps. If the lump is painful, one must consult a doctor immediately. There can be various other causes behind lumps, which depend upon its place of occurrence.
- Epidermoid and pilar cysts (sebaceous cysts) appear as small smooth lumps under the surface of one’s skin. Such cysts are non-cancerous, hence, can be treated easily.
- Swollen lymph glands generally occur in neck or in groin or under the armpit. Usually, any infection results in swollen lymph glands. However, in certain cases it may be caused by cancer.
- Skin abscess is a term given to collection of pus. e.g. boils. Symptoms of abscess consist of redness and swelling.
- Style or Chalazion causes swelling on the eyelids.
- Lump in the salivary glands happens due to mumps
- Swelling in the thyroid glands may cause lump in the neck region. This lump may encompass the entire third gland or a part of it.
- Breast lumps occur in both men and women. Generally, they do not indicate breast cancer. Any abnormal swelling in the breast must be immediately shown to the doctor.
- Hernia or enlarged lymph gland may result in a lump in the groin.
- If a person experiences swelling in the scrotum, he must immediately consult a doctor.
- Lump in the anus can be caused due to piles. The small vessels engulfing the anus may get swelled piling up more blood than usual. Other than a pile, abscess could also be the reason behind lump.
- Lump on the hand, wrist, finger may occur due to ganglion. Such cysts may develop around joints or tendons.
Signs which indicate you must get your lump checked by a doctor
- If the lump gets hard or firm
- If the lump gets sore
- If the lump gets enlarged
- If the lump doesn’t vanish within few days
- If your body temperature rises more than normal
- If you experience abnormal loss in weight
- If you experience any such abnormalities
- If the lump reappears post removal
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 19 years old. But my weight is almost 80 Kg. I'm over weight. Please tell some suggestions to my fitness of body.
Ideal dinner should not be rich in carbs but fibers. If you intend to lose weight, avoid carbs in dinner.
There are many reasons of avoiding carbs in dinner.
1. Gets Converted to Fat: Carbohydrates should only be taken during daytime as muscles require fuel to do different activities and utilize carbs to convert in energy. During night we don’t do as intense workouts as the daytime like in office or household work. If carbohydrates are taken in dinner, muscles absorb carbohydrates and store them in form of fat tissues due to lack of any activities except sleep and inner organs’ functioning.
2. Increases Your Sugar Levels: Including carbohydrates in your dinner also increases blood sugar level which is harmful for diabetes patients.
3. Makes Your Digestion Difficult: Avoiding carbs also improves your digestion. Replace it with more fiber foods instead.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hi I am 25yrs. Female m wait is 60 k. G I can't do exercise bcz. Don't have time to join jym any tablet or medicine. That you thing reduce weight if you know please tell me about please help me and I don't have any medical problem help me please.
I'm physically so weak so I'm very stressful about my physical what should I do for good physical healthy.
I am a chronic diabetes, i am taking insulin 22 units in morning 14 units at night, problem I feel unconscious some times in afternoon.
Replacing nutmeg in a recipe is easier than you think, as there are many different nutmeg substitutes out there in the culinary world. Nutmeg is a warm and earthen spice that is popular in a huge variety of global cuisines and dishes. However, despite being rather distinct, the effect that it has on food can be replicated by any number of other herbs and spices. Whether you have run out of nutmeg before making brownies or you’re entertaining someone with a nutmeg allergy, seeking out nutmeg substitutes is a simple solution, provided you understand their potential flavor profiles and potencies.
This is actually a blend of three spices – cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg – and is a popular mixture for a variety of sweet and savory foods. Allspice not only includes a portion of nutmeg but also two othercomplementary spices, making it one of the best nutmeg substitutes available.
The licorice-like flavor of aniseed is a good replacement for the musky sweetness of nutmeg. In desserts and sweeter dishes, you can use aniseed as a slightly different, but equally delicious, ingredient.
Pumpkin pie spice
Ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cinnamon make up this relatively modern spice blend. Able to be included in many autumnal foods – both sweet and savory – it is most famous for its connection with pumpkin pie. However, using a pinch of this will add small amounts of nutmeg, along with other complementary spices.
Similar to cumin in its replacement powers, a small punch of cajun spice can give your dish a similar kick as nutmeg, but is not recommended for sweet recipes.
This sweet and spicy option as a nutmeg substitute is ideal for baking. Cinnamon possesses a warm and recognizable flavor, but when used in smaller concentrations, it can mimic the taste and effect of nutmeg in sweet dishes. Only use half as much cinnamon as you would nutmeg, due to cinnamon’s significantly more potent flavor.
Although nutmeg is usually considered sweeter than cloves, they both have a similar earthy, peppery bite to them. While using cloves can change the flavor profile of your dish slightly, the overall effect won’t be unpleasant, and even a perceptive palate won’t notice the difference.
Cumin may be commonly associated with indian or mexican food, but its unique flavor makes it a viable nutmeg substitute as well. The end result may be a bit spicier, and less sweet, the two spices share enough similarities for the switch to work.
If you are really in a bind, you can use dried ginger in place of nutmeg. While the former has a distinctly more powerful bite than nutmeg, it can help to season certain savory dishes. Use 1/2 teaspoon of dried ginger for every teaspoon of nutmeg called for in the recipe.
This is a different spice from nutmeg, but it is made from the same tree, which gives it a surprisingly similar characteristic in many different meals. If you are looking for a good replacement for nutmeg, this may actually be your best bet, as it is the closest option to the real thing!
This replacement will be a much more potent flavor, leaning towards the savory and astringent side. However, in non-dessert meals, mustard can provide the refreshing bite of nutmeg.
Use a very small amount of saffron to replace nutmeg, as it is significantly spicier. Fortunately, when using this in either sweet or savory recipe, it is difficult to tell the difference.
Bearing some of the same active ingredients and capable of providing the same health benefits, turmeric may leave your food a slightly different color, but the flavor profile won’t be too different, as they both share an earthy, woodsy taste.