Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Audiologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. Deepali BhosleYour feedback matters!
My father is 84 years old and having multiple disease conditions: He suffers from severe anxiety. He gets tensed in very simple incidents of life and thinks a lot about all simple incidents which we in general do not give much attention to. He also suffers from hypertension. Severe hearing loss with damage of tympanic membrane and infection in one ear. Severe spondylitis with disc degeneration and nerve compression with back pain from the same. Painful leg due to sciatica. Blind from glaucoma in right eye and age related macular degeneration in the left eye. Tendency of prostate enlargement, and pain and burning with urination at least twice a year. He also suffers from GI ailments like gas, indigestion, and very soft stools every now and then. Due to his frail and weak physic, we mostly try to avoid any allopathy medications sans emergency situations. For a long period of time, he is taking essentia area once a day and viscum pentarkan once a day. For the last few weeks he is also taking alfalfa tonic. Presently, his blood pressure is mostly normal or very little above normal. I would like to know what should be my approach to his treatment? What medicine regimen should he follow? I would also like to know if there is any medications that can arrest the progression of age related macular degeneration. And if there is any medication to arrest his hearing loss. He seems to get disturbed mostly by the fact that he is gradually losing his vision and listening ability. Thanks
From last 3days I m not able to hear anything from my left ear and from yesterday same thing happen with my right ear too. Now I m not able to hear from both of my ear. Slightly I can hear from my right ear. This problem of left ear started when I putted my finger inside ear and started to shake it hardly bcoz of itching in ear I have done that. Then I reached my nearest doctor and he told maybe bcoz of some wax or waste inside your ear it could be happening and then he told to clean my both ears using SOLIWAX. I have done that for 3 days what actually happen 3rd day after putting soliwax in my right ear and after some time I started to clean it using ear buds. And then finally ended with my right ear too now I can not hear even with my right ear too till then it was ok. Wat maybe possible reason behind this? I would be very thankful for your answer. And yes I m reaching tomorrow to ENT specialist. Pls guide me for that too. than lot a lot.
My husband got diagnosed with Tinnitus around 2 months back. He joined swimming few weeks before the constant buzz in his ears. The doctors indicated the water entering inside the ears thru swimming as one of the possible causes. He is on medication since then and has been feeling little better but he has been avoiding swimming ever since. He joined that for overall health and he preferred swimming over gym. But now he doesn't at all go to swim even by using earplugs. Can you please suggest if this was the reason behind his tinnitus and if he really should avoid swimming? I want him to continue swimming n want his tinnitus also to be cured. But please advise what's good for him.
Hello,my father is having hearing problem.We consulted a doctor.He conducted some tests and said he has cold accumulated in his ear and needs to be operated.Is there any other way?
My father needs hearing aid because he was diagnosed with 50% loss on both the ears by doctor. Anybody recommend best hearing aid companies to buy for? I want an affordable and best option. Thanks.
Iam having hearing problem in both ears.As per audio graphy left ear is total dad & right ear is 70 % demage. Using hearing aid but not ok. Can ears repaired by operation or medicine ?
Hi All, 15 days before I had otosclerosis, and now am able hear only 50 percentage of hearing from what I had before surgery, ill ma hearing get improvement? Am hearing soo many noise inside ma ear which is issue before surgery too. Below kindly note my discharge summary _______ Diagnosis: Bilateral otosclerosis Procedure: right stapecdectomy/ Teflon piston inserted. Under local anaesthesia right stapecdectomy done, artificial Teflon piston inserted. Canal pack kept. _______________.
Dear doctor I am suffering with meniear's disease. What is the most useful medicine for this disease. And which department is mostly treat this disease.
When I read something like newspaper, books and listen that has been taught in class, I can not retrieve thirty percent of that I read or listen in the class. At the time of travelling in the bus and train. I see many thing around but I can not recall them after the time.
I have been diagnosed with moderate conductive hearing loss. The doctor has advised that I need a procedure - to be exact, stapedectomy. My hearing loss started after my pregnancy and I understand that it may be due to my genetics as well. My question is, how safe is this procedure and will my normal life change afterwards? I am a health freak and I love gymming, aerobics and constantly move around. Will my life change?
I am having problem in hearing, I hear very low I have tonsils and had cold earlier Help me! What should I do to hear properly again.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it:
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Ent specialist.