Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Manish ChandraYour feedback matters!
Hi, my mother is 56 year old, has breast cancer metasted to bone. She has undergone chemotherapy. Now she is suffering with severe pain in legs and backpain. We consulted neurologist, orthopedic and and oncologist who gives her chemo. oncologist says its disc problem, not related to cancer, but she is not getting relief from medication given by neurologist or orthopedic doctor.
My uncle is 46 years old. Now he is affected by prostate enlargement. The doctors told us it is slightly enlarged. And the volume is 30cc. Please tell me is this size is normal or is this curable. And what is the treatment for this prostate. Thanks in advance.
Hello sir, My father is 65, and recent sonography test detected that he has mild prostate enlargement with significant post void residual urine. What treatment he should go please tell me?
There are more than 100 types of cancer occurring in different parts of body--out of them 10 to 12 types of cancers r commonly seen.---common symptoms r.
In children recurrent fevers and weight loss may b due to blood cancer//leukemia's.
In children kidney tumours r also common.
In females.abnormal swelling//lumps in breast can b breast cancer.
Foul smelling vaginal discharge--cancer cervix.
Abnormal/heavy bleeding//post menopausal bleeding may b sign of cancer Uterus.//cancer of ovaries.
In males.swelling of testicles is terratoma cancer.
Swelling or enlargement of prostate.
Other cancer in both sexes.include.
Recurrent ulcer in mouth--tongue-cheek=cancer of oral cavity specially in tobacco eaters//smokers.
Swelling /lump any where in body.like thyroid cancer.///swelling of lyphnodes ie lymphomas.
Skin cancer can develop from common mole//warts.
Change of voice[hoarseness].pronged cough//cigarette smokers=lung cancer.
Change in urine/bowel habits like constipation alternating with diarrhea. Can b large bowel/bladder cancer.
Difficulty in eating//swallowing or vomiting upper abdomen pain specially in middle age=stomach cancer.
Unexplained weight loss--leukemia.
Sir/Madam, My Mother is 64 years old face cervix cancer 3rd stage from last five month we will complete the full treatment end of brohyotheraphy, last 20 days she will insures in RT numerous (broken) will check and operate and insert a plate also now after operation of 20 days ago she doesn't get any food, and also not for walking. Can you please help me any suggestion as well medicine.
This is my mother pet ct scan report, please let me know the meaning Non FDG avid hypodense area in segment VI of liver is suspicious for benign etiology (?hemangioma). She underwent breast cancer surgery, chemotherapy and radiation from past six month back. Now doctor recommended to do the PET CT SCAN.
I have red itchy pimples on my both breasts. It occurs twice a week. Is this some kind of cancer. Tell me.
I am 63 years male and have prostate enlargement problem for past several years. I am taking 1 tab urimax-d daily and due to that, dont have urination problem. However, even I miss to take tab even for a day, I face urination problem. My querry is what side effects urimax-d has and how dangerous it is. Kindly advise. Also I tried r-25 and prostonum, homeopathic medecines and managed for about 5 years, but the same is ineffective now.
Skin cancer is a condition with abnormal and cancerous skin growth. This often develops due to the over exposure of skin to the sun rays. The three main types of skin cancer include basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma. Skin cancer affects those areas of skin which remains sun-exposed, including ears, neck, chest, scalp, lips, face, hands, arm and legs. It can also develop on those areas of skin that are not exposed to sunlight like beneath toenails or fingernails, on palms and on genital area.
Here are some of the factors which increase your risks of getting skin cancer:
- Fair complexion: Low levels of the pigment melanin in skin causes fair complexion. Fair- skinned individuals who have a history of hazel or blue eyes, repeated sunburns and people who have red or blond hair are highly susceptible to developing this form of cancer. Less pigment in skin makes an individual more vulnerable to skin damage from harmful UV radiation.
- Excessive sun exposure: Exposure to the sun may lead to the development of skin cancer, if you don't protect your skin by sunscreen and clothing. Tanning beds and lamps may also increase the risk of developing this type of skin cancer.
- High-altitude places: The exposure to sunlight is more intense in areas of high altitude and near the equator. Living at higher elevation also makes you more vulnerable to radiation because the sunlight is strongest there.
- Moles: People with abnormal moles are at a higher risk of developing skin cancer. These moles are irregular in shape and are larger than normal moles.
- Precancerous skin lesions: Your risk of developing skin cancer increases if you have skin lesion. These are scaly and rough patches that range from brown to dark pink in color. The most commonly affected areas are head, hands and face of fair-skinned people.
- Weak immune system: Weak immune system caused by HIV or AIDS and immunosuppressant drugs that you take after an organ transplant may increase your risk of developing skin cancer.
How many stages of cancer and what is the bad effect our health and why every year many people died in this disease.
My brother who is 83 years old is suffering from urinary problem. He isw able to pass urine without any burning sensation-no blood coming. Doctor diagnosed this as a problem of prostrate cancer. Accordingly biopsy was done. I give below their observation" The histologic findings are suspicious of prostrate adenocarcinoma (gleason score 3 3=6. Close correlation withTRUS findings andSOS repeat Biopsy is recommended" Pls advise what is this and what treatment you suggest. Does this confirm that there is cancer. Pls advise.
I have enlarged prostrate gland, the size is small. I do not have any pain, normal urination happens but I have swollen left leg at ankle. Please prescribe medication for the above indication. I am not hypertensive.
I am suffering from lipoma. Kya surgery ke illawa koi or option nahi Hai. And if I don't go for surgery then mujhe kaise pta chalega Ki ye cancerous Hai ya nahi. Please tell me what is the difference between both tissues.
In case of 4th stage Cancer (Carcinoma gallbladder) if we are going for Kemo therapy then will it increase the life expectations or only control this disease? Also is Kemo advisable for a weak person? Thank you.
With the recent number of breast cancer cases on the rise, it is important that we should get the examination done on a regular basis as a preventive measure. Even if someone is suffering from it, it is important that we should make an effort and learn about.
If you have breast cancer then a surgery will be part of your treatment. Based on the condition, surgery will be carried out due to any of the following reasons:
1. To remove the cancerous tissues from the breast
2. To reconstruct the breast once the cancer is removed
3. To check whether the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm
4. To treat symptoms of cancer that has progressed to an advanced stage
Breast cancer surgery may be classified into two types
1. Mastectomy: Mastectomy involves removing the entire breast; tissues in the adjoining region may also be removed. A double mastectomy is a procedure where both the breasts are removed.
2. Breast-conserving surgery: In this surgery, only parts of the breast affected by cancer are removed. The area of the breast that is to be removed will depend on the severity of the cancer. Some healthy tissues may also be removed in this surgery.
Usually, if a woman is in the initial stages of cancer then she may opt for the latter as it entails removing parts of the breast. They may also undergo radiation therapy along with these surgeries.
For checking if the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm, the lymph nodes are removed from the body. Once they are removed, they are studied under a microscope to check if it has spread, if yes then the extent of their damage. This procedure is carried out along with the surgery to remove the cancer.
Once the mastectomy procedure is completed, you can opt for a breast reconstruction surgery to rebuild the area. You may opt for this procedure at the time of breast cancer removal or at a later stage. If you are considering breast reconstruction surgery then you should discuss with a surgeon.
Surgery is sometimes not used to treat cancer, but in slowing the progression of cancer or even reducing its symptoms.It is important you talk to your surgeon before the procedure to understand the goal of the surgery.