Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manish Chandra
Submit a review for Dr. Manish ChandraYour feedback matters!
Hey, it has been diagnosed that I have fibroadenoma in my left breast. Doctors told that its happen in teen age sometimes but not dangerous at all. I just want to know if this can become cancerous or not.
Dear sir/mam My little cousin sister his age around 8 years so she is pursuing from blood purifying problem like blood cancer so I want to do treatment of her I need your suggestion for her best successful life.
My mother is 74 years old. Has been recently diagnosed breast cancer. What are good options for cure in Mumbai and at what cost. Though she is also diabetic but it is under control and in normal health condition. Shall I prefer surgery or else. What are latest technology applicable in my case .Please Answer.
We live in an age where every single individual, more or less, is exposed to the risk of cancer. It is probably an unfavorable lifestyle we lead that deprives us of good health. This might alarm many but considerable changes in lifestyle can help you realize cancer as a preventable disease. Cancer does not only make you undergo severe suffering but it also affects your friends and family. The pallor of misery spreads wider than you think.
- Abstain from tobacco: Consuming raw tobacco or smoking tobacco can be equally detrimental to your health. Tobacco increases your chances of contracting the disease. As is known, passive smoking can also affect your health adversely. Tobacco can be the potential cause behind cancer of the mouth, throat, larynx, lungs, oral cavity and even the pancreas. It might harm your kidneys and cervix. It is upon you to quit tobacco at the earliest possible. One should also try and persuade friends and relatives to give up smoking.
- Drink alcohol in moderation: Complete abstinence from alcohol might not be possible if you have already been ushered into your work- life. The society might require you to be an occasional drinker. It is important to drink in moderation. Crossing the limit can propel consequences as serious as cancer of the stomach, pancreas, liver and the heart.
- A balanced and nutritious diet: Deciding on a plant- based diet or a Mediterranean diet can aid your fight against the risk of cancer. A Mediterranean diet will involve green leafy vegetables, lots of fresh fruits, whole grains, mixed nuts, legumes and also the use of extra- virgin olive oil. Fish can be a safe bet but red meat should be avoided. One must also try to avoid processed meat as they tend to make you prone to the risk of cancer.
- Immunization: Hepatitis B and HPV or Human papilloma virus vaccines are extremely necessary to protect you against the sexually transmitted types of cancer.
- Sun protection: Caring for your skin doesn't arise from vanity. Skin cancer is one of the most prevalent kinds of cancer; the chances of this disease can be restricted by remaining in shade especially during midday, by wearing covered clothes and by using a good sunscreen lotion repeatedly while outside.
- Exercise diligently: Did you think it was okay to have weaker muscles and bulging layers of fat? If yes, you probably have grown numb to the inadequacies you face in result. Unchecked fat can lead to obesity which further complicates health conditions. Metabolic activity differs from person to person. Regular exercising can help regulate metabolism according to the needs of your body. Physical exercise protects you against the risk of breast and colon cancer. Moderate or vigorous physical activity for 150 to 75 minutes a week respectively can reduce the risk of cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist.
About my wife back pain started in her lumber and thoracic back portion in the month of feb. 2012. We started treatment under local doctor's advice and took pain killers and some muscle relaxant and pain healed. But, it got repeated every week and we did the same treatment for the span of month. After that we did total analysis and it was found that there is compression at d8-d-9 and infection from d8-d10 and l3-l4 of spine. Then we did biopsy (first biopsy) of developed lesions and all reports were normal. At this time othopedician doctor advise us that it can be non-detectable tb infection (as it is non-pulmonary) and we started akt-4 on the basis of symptoms even though mtb was negative up to 4th week of culture growth. She took akt-4 for 20 months (june 2012 to feb-2014). During last 6 months of this time of period she was absolutely fine and started normal movements which were restricted during initial part of treatment. Infection was healed partially, and lesions was also started to disappear. We monitored it by ct scan after every 3 months. But in dec 2014 when medicine supposed to stop completely, again sever back pain started and it was found that there is formation of pus and damage of tissues at d8-d10, l3-l4. During this time of period she suddenly lost her weight by 18 kg (within 15 days), so operated and currated all the pus and infected part from the infected location (second biopsy). That sample we again sent for all the lab tests and it is again negative for mtb. We cultured that sample further and it is fount that this is slow growing ntm (non tuberculin mycobacterium) infection. And rest of all test were normal. As it is very slow growing we cannot found out exact genome of that bacterium. So, at this time infectious disease specialist and spine specialist doctors took decision together and stop akt 4 and started her; 1. Amikacin sulphate 1g: daily im/iv 2. Clarrithromycin: 500mg twice a day 3. Doxycyclin and lactic acid bacillus: twice a day 4. Levofloxacin: 750mg once a day during this treatment only her bsl found high without any diabetic history; so she is also taking, 5. Reclide 80mg twice a day 6. Metformine 500 mg twice a day as amikacin daily 1 gm is very high dose we are monitoring her serum creatinine, lft, esr, crp level on weekly basis; and if serum creatinine level is above standard value doctor advising to stop amikacin for some time and once it comes to normal level again we are starting it. Rests of the medicines are same. Above mentioned medicine has been taken for 4.5 months and again we did contrast mri for analyzing effectiveness of therapy. But in this latest mri report it is found that there is new disease has been developed at d9-d10 vertebral bodies and intervention disc. So, we taken advice from Dr. Rajeev soman, hinduja, mumbai. He has diagnosed it as below; 1. Primary tuberculine infection 2. Secondary nosocomial infection 3. Non-tubeculine mycobacterium and prescribed following medicines for 6 months; 1. Inj. Tigecycline (tiganex) 50 mg, bd - 6 months 2. Tab. Clarrithromycine (synclar) 500 mg, bd - 6 months 3. Tab. Levofloxacine (levoflox) 750 mg, od - 6 months 4. Tab. Linezolid 600 mg, od - 6 months } now all medicines stopped due to severe side effect. Side effect recovery is going on. What should we do?
My friend is 24 yrs female unmarried, she feels as if she got some lumps in her breasts, is there any other symptom that it would be a breast cancer, or it would be some other problem, please give suggestions, she is afraid a lot.
What is the reason of auxiliary tail of breast? And what is the treatment of it. My Gf is having this. I want to know the reason of auxiliary tail of breast.
Hi my mother was cured from non hodgkin lymphoma after 8 chemo therapy and now during daily check ups the submandibular gland (lymph node) size is showing as 28*10 mm and doctors are suggesting biopsy. Please tell me the actual size of the sub mandibular gland.
According to the American Cancer Society and Colon Cancer Alliance, colon cancer, which is also referred to as colorectal cancer is regarded as the third most commonly diagnosed type of cancer, as well as the second most important reason of cancer deaths in the U.S. affecting both men and women. But thankfully, colon cancer can be prevented by changing the food habits. It is also important to get regular screenings through colonoscopy, which will help you to determine the early or precancerous stage that can be treated with the removal of cancerous cells.
Colorectal cancer is deemed to be cancer, related to the food habits and it can be prevented by correcting the same. Here are the top ways through which you can help your condition naturally:
Reduce the amount of red meat consumption: Health studies reveal that people who eat red meat on a regular basis are more prone to developing colon cancer. This is because the chemicals required to digest this food damage the DNA material which in turn is the main reason behind the cause of cancer.
Increase the amount of garlic intake: By consuming more garlic, you can reduce the risk of developing different types of cancer, particularly those of the gastrointestinal tract. Garlic is rich in anti-bacterial properties that can block the pathway of cancer causing elements and boost the repair as well as reduce the proliferation of cells. It is also high in selenium and sodium content which are beneficial for the overall health.
Consume all types of plant antioxidants: The bright-coloured fruits and vegetables, as well as herbs and spices, can greatly contribute to adding a wide array of antioxidants in your regular diet. Foods that are rich in antioxidants include carrots, pomegranates, cranberries, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, apples, cabbage, turmeric, sage, rosemary, saffron, purple and red grapes.
Cook foods in sesame oil: The many health benefits of sesame seeds are due to its nutritional content, including vitamins, minerals, natural oils, and organic compounds which consist of calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, zinc, fiber, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, protein, and tryptophan.
Increase the consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids: It has been reported by several types of research that a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the occurrence of colon cancer and therefore you must eat a lot of salmon, cod, mackerel and sardines for decreasing the pro-inflammatory levels in your body.
Go For Ayurvedic Panchakarma Therapy: Panchakarma is the ultimate mind-body healing experience for detoxifying the body, strengthening the immune system and restoring balance and well-being. It is one the most effective healing modality in Ayurvedic Medicine. It promotes Detoxification and Rejuvenation. It is recommended on a seasonal basis, as well as when an individual feels out of balance or is experiencing illness. According to Ayurveda, good health depends upon our capability to fully metabolize all aspects of life, assimilating that which nourishes and eliminating the rest. When we can’t completely digest our food, experiences, and emotions, toxins accumulate in our bodily tissues, creating imbalance and – ultimately – disease. Panchakarma is an elegant cleansing process that releases stored toxins and restores the body’s innate healing ability.
These few alterations to your food habits can greatly help you in preventing colon cancer and you can consult your doctor for a detailed analysis and recommendation based on your individual health condition.