Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M. ChandavarkarYour feedback matters!
Hello mam, I am 29 years old. I have 6 month baby girl. After pregnancy I am having irregular periods. Around 20th Aug I had my last periods. We had relation around 15 th sept. We were not sure about ejaculations hence I took unwanted 72 in 24 hrs but still m not getting periods. Please suggest. Why a big daily in periods? What should I do for periods to come?
I have pcod .Am a active person generally m trying to loose weight from last 1 years have gone for proper yoga ,gym have taken diet plan but its of no use till today. I am 5'6" tall Weighing 78 kg M trying hard to loose fat from tummy region but m unable to kindly tell me what best can be done to actually get result.
The menopause can take three very different routes for women. There are those who sail through it with very few symptoms or problems and don't even notice that their ovaries have stopped producing the hormone. Then there are those for whom it is a matter of a few hot flushes and a couple of night sweats, doesn't last long and not really a bother. This usually marks a relief from the periods. But for some it is abject misery accompanied with crippling fatigue, absolute exhaustion, hot flushes, vaginal drying, mood swings along with low desire or lack of sexual feelings. These symptoms might persist for more than 7 years.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is considered to be an effective treatment for menopausal symptoms. The other problems linked with menopause can also be influenced by HRT in a positive manner.
HRT is indicated in:
- Treatment of symptoms of menopause and the risk benefit ratio is apt for the women and they have been informed about the same
- For women who are around 51 years and are reaching menopause even though they are asymptomatic
- In women who are at the risk of osteoporotic fractures and are under 60 years and the non-estrogen treatments cannot be given
- HRT is not recommended in women who are above 60 years
Benefits of HRT:
The benefits of HRT usually are more than the risk if done in a woman who is under 60 years of age.
- Improvement in quality of life by relieving muscle pains and improving sleep
- The mood swings are controlled and low moods are usually alleviated by HRT. Low moods usually arise due to menopause.
- It reduces the vasomotor symptoms, usually within four months of the treatment with maximum benefit in three months
- HRT improves the urogenital symptoms by lowering the vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy, urinary frequency and symptoms.
- HRT reduces the risk of osteoporosis. HRT is believed to preserve the bone mass density of the skeletal sites thus reducing the chances of vertebral and nonvertebral fractures.
- HRT also reduces the risk of colorectal cancer and cardiovascular diseases
Risks of HRT:
The main risks of HRT are stroke, endometrial and breast cancer, thromboembolic disease, pulmonary embolism and gallbladder disease. Though other risks are:
- It increases the risk of ischemic stroke
- There is a small risk associated with breast cancer and the risk increases more, if the woman is underweight or overweight, alcohol user, smoker and stops HRT suddenly
- Estrogen only HRTs can increase the risk of endometrial cancer. If cyclical progestogen is used for 10 days for 28 cycles then the risk is eliminated.
My self usha rani I suffering form excess bleeding in mensuration time, actually I have mensuration in last 15february.
I am 25 year old I was plan for child. So what will I do. I period coming on this moth 12/2/16 so what should I do. I have completed 9month for marriage? Please suggest me the good thing?
Hi my wife regular periods is on 15. But last month she got on 22. In this month she did not get. I thought maybe she conceive becoz she vomiting, feeling tired. But yesterday while we checked in home pregnancy test tube its showing negative.
Hello, I had unprotected sex on 29th June and took pill on the same day itself, but then I again had unprotected sex on 4th July. Can I again take pill? Is it advisable. Will it have any adverse effects?
How many days it take to have a normal painless swelling free hand vein after hernia surgery IV needle.
Im 19 year old female. For the past few months I have notice that I began to develop boils on my buttocks when I about to start my menstrual cycle. Lately, they have become more painful than usual. What can cause boils to develop each time I start to have my cycle? How can I overcome this.
Tulsi leaf a day = No cancer
1 lemon a day = No fat
1 glass of milk a day = No bone problem
3 litres of water a day = No diseases.
My sugar level is 164 after 1 hr glucose. I am 8 month pregnant. Is it normal. Should I quit eating fruit. Should I totally stop eating sugar.
I have absolutely low sex drive don't feel like doing anything and I have been married for 6 months, I am always tired it's difficult to get up in the morning and I sleep as soon as I hit the bed. It's pretty depressing as my wife is also pretty sad.
Im 28 years old. I'm getting severe pain during periods why this has been happening please advise me any pain relief remedies.
Christmas time brings with itself the mouth watering dessert of plum cakes. Besides being delicious, plum cakes come loaded with numerous health benefits. Read on to find out how plum cakes are a healthy dessert option.
Why are plum cakes good for your health?
Plums are rich in various nutrients, which make plum cakes a healthy food choice despite being a dessert. Plums are full of dietary fibre, which helps in lowering your cholesterol level, controls blood sugar level and helps you in maintaining an ideal body mass index. This fruit is also known for its high vitamin C content, and it ensures that your body absorbs most of the available iron from the food after consumption. Additionally, it also strengthens your immune system. Plums contain an array of minerals like magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, copper, manganese etc, which are necessary for the proper functioning of your body. Plus, they are packed with antioxidants, which help in the digestion of your food and in maintaining good metabolism.
Also, the eggs in the plum cake are very good for your health too. Eggs are an excellent source of protein, which along with its vitamin B2 content, help in raising HDL (or good) cholesterol levels. Besides, eggs contain choline (a water-soluble nutrient), which is necessary for the proper functioning of your brain and liver.
Here’s an easy Christmas plum cake recipe for you.
Vegetable oil-1 cup
Wheat flour - 2 cups
Plums-about 450 grams, drained and chopped
Chopped nuts- ½ cup
Baking soda-1 teaspoon
Vanilla essence-1 teaspoon
Preheat your oven to a temperature of about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Take a 9-inch pan and grease it with oil. Sprinkle some flour over it. Start beating the eggs in a small container. Mix the vanilla essence and keep aside. Blend the butter and sugar in a large bowl and mix the beaten egg with it. Mix the flour and baking powder in a different container and then add to the previous mixture. Gently blend it to give a consistent texture. Add the chopped pieces of plum and nuts. Mix well. Pour into the greased pan and bake for about 40 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Cut into pieces and serve.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I had unprotected sex with my girl friend . On 25th feb 2016 at 1.12am. I am not sure about I had ejaculated inside vagina or not. But still in the morning around 10 am. I gave her i-pill. Her periods date was 1st march. But still she dint starts with the menses. What should I do. And today is 2nd march 2016.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. It reduces knee pain caused by various illnesses including arthritis, inflammation of the cartilage and wearing of the patella among others.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa is medically known as Medicago Sativa. Alfalfa is excellent for making sure that your joint pain reduces, when taken in liquid form four times a day.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Bishop's weed: The medical name for Bishop's weed is Trachyspermum Ammi. The oil extracted from this herb is usually applied to the knees to reduce the intensity of such knee pains.
- Celery: The medical name for celery is Apium Graveolens. Celery is not only an effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and associated pains in the knees, but it is also helpful in treating gout. It is usually agreed upon that this particular treatment is usually long lasting because of its alkaline nature.
- Dandelion: Dandelion's biological name is Taraxacum Officinale. It is rich in magnesium and is crucial for the correct mineralization of the bones. This mineralization allows the bones to become stronger and also prevents knee pain.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
Related Tip: "All About Knee Pain"