Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Leena Deshpande
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Leena DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Hi my wife is blessed by a beautiful daughter in 14 July 2016 and now she ear Piercing (kaan chedana) I just wanna to ask is she need tetanus injection.
Parents are responsible not only for the birth of the child, but also for their well-being. For children, their parents are their first teachers, who inculcate in them the right manners, attitudes and habits. Consequently, you too must be careful in deciding what habits and manners you pass down to your children.
Some of the habits that you should teach your children are:
- Eating healthy food: Children always have the propensity to consume junks and avoid healthy food. It is the duty of the parents to correct this and teach their kids to eat healthy food. You must explain and elucidate the importance and nutritional value of eating healthy food. At the same time, the harm caused by the junk food must also be brought to their notice. You should introduce multiple fruits and green vegetables in the diet. Eating healthy food is a habit that reaps great benefits in the long run.
- Table manners: Children eating on their own generally create a mess. Therefore, you must teach your child the right table manners. When to use spoon or fork and what should be the etiquettes that must be observed while eating with a large group of people must be known to a child. You should begin to treat your child as a grown up as he or she sits at the table.
- Regular brushing of the teeth: The importance of teeth is most acutely felt with advanced age. Therefore, it is imperative that you teach your children to take good care of their teeth. You must educate your child about the necessity of good teeth and see to it that they brush daily and twice a day. Brushing in the morning as well as before going to sleep is equally important and the child must be aware of it.
- Early to bed: It is necessary for children to get adequate sleep. Therefore, you must make it a habit from the very start to put them to sleep early and see to it that that they get sufficient rest.
- Play outdoors: You must make it a habit for your children to play outside more often. Staying at home without any activity has serious repercussions like obesity and lethargy. Therefore, it is extremely important that children involve in sufficient physical activity.
I hav 2 small kids 5 and 3 years of age and am a homemaker. I am having CTS in both hands for last 1.5 yrs. Medications couldn't help and Drs hav suggested for surgery. Is it open or endoscopic? R there any alternative like physiotherapy or home or ayurveda? How long does it take to recover in a surgery?
If children of one month is vomiting excessively and her weight decreased by one kilo. Then what is the probable cases possible.
Please provide 7 month feeding plan of baby boy. Also how much water should we give to baby of 7 month.
While your baby is definitely adorable the way he or she is, a little grooming doesn’t really hurt! Yes, all babies are gorgeous, but they could definitely be pampered with a little upkeep when it comes to the skin, nail and hair department. The more you pay attention to how your infant looks and feels, the more comfortable and healthy they are the better it is.
- Shower care: A baby is at his/her natural best when allowed to splash around carelessly in the tub, but here are a few tips you can follow to make sure it all goes smooth and breezy:
- Keep it under 10 minutes: Try to keep your baby’s bath time to a limit of ten minutes, as too much water can dry out their delicate skin.
- Boats, not bubbles: While bubbles can look pretty, and babies love playing around in them, bubbles can also be drying on the baby’s skin. Swap them with bath toys instead, which are equally, if not more fun!
- Lotion up immediately afterward: The best time to lotion up your baby is immediately after his/her bath, as this seals the moisture inside the baby’s skin, making it more supple.
- Gum and tooth care
- Before the baby sprouts teeth: Make it a habit to wipe your baby’s gums daily, which will make them get used to a regular teeth cleaning habit. Don’t use toothpaste and toothbrush; a simple soft cloth is enough.
- After the baby sprouts teeth: You can now start using a toothbrush to softly clean your baby’s teeth. While toothpaste is not entirely necessary, you can use a negligible amount of it if you want.
- Nail care: Babies are almost always hyper active (well, unless they’re asleep), so you need to be careful while cutting their nails:
- While your baby is napping/immediately after a bath: Of course, the easiest time to trim your little one’s nails is when they’re asleep, but post bath, the nail cuticles soften, which makes it the best time to trim nails.
- Use a nail file: While filing does take a longer time than simply clipping, there’s a lesser chance of ending up accidentally bruising your baby’s skin.
- Don’t let your baby bite their nails: This is a bad habit that needs to be stopped right from infancy, so don’t let your baby make a habit of biting their nails.
- Hair care: Cutting your baby’s hair for the first time is a big event, and is as essential starting step to preparing your baby for further grooming:
- Be careful: Make sure your baby is sitting still when you are in the process of cutting their hair. You can have someone sit the baby on their lap while you go about doing your job.
- Don’t worry about the baby’s hair condition: It is completely natural for babies to have very thin hair or a lesser amount of hair; that is nothing to be worried about, it’s completely normal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.