Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita AkuskarYour feedback matters!
I'm 25 years old and due to back injury gradually my body is going to sick day by day. please help doctors couldn't diagnose my problem properly.
Sir, i am 22 old male have spinal cord 2 fracture for last 2 month. 2 month rest finish. Now what should I do.
Dear sir I have pain on my hand since starting of august. This reached my pain. Please help me sit. What should I do?
I am 41 years old I have a slight pain on right side of my hand from shoulder including neck. Is any thing to be worried ?
HI I am 30 years male. I have pain in my right arm n leg from last one year. Sometimes its low bt sometimes its very high like night and evening time. I take medicines from many local doctor's and also Neurologist Dr. from CMC ludhiana bt not much better results from all that. My Blood, uric acid, sugar and nervous system tata are normal. Can you please tell me what is my exact problem? I am doing a pc job. Its a sitting job is this also a reason?
I am male. I have completed 23 years. I have a lot of hair loss. What can I do? Then leg pain also. Please give me solution.
I am suffering from severe both knee pain since october 2016. X ray report is showing loss of fluid in knees less gap between knee bones. Dr. Has advised to take the following medicines:- 1.nucoxia 90 one tablet a day 2.massage with oleum 3m oil thrice a day. Tablet nucoxia 90 is not suiting me and I not getting any relief form pain by taking it, while with voveran 50 tablet I get much relied in pain.
I am 30 years old male. Severe leg pain for past 2 months. Last month, took acupuncture treatment. After that treatment, my pain becomes more severe. Also I am Blood pressure patient. No thyroid problem. I am little overweight. Also taking many drugs like calcium tablets. And other pain reliever nsaids and some pain relief lotion. Still, my pain is severe.
I m 23years old female. I have back pain from 7th standard. I went for all d treatment. Ntg worked out. please suggest m.
Lower back pain at some point in time or the other has almost become inevitable in today’s world, especially because of the increasingly sedentary lifestyle that many tend to lead. Acupuncture, borrowed from the ancient domains of Chinese medicine, is often recommended by doctors as one of the foremost remedies to lower back pain.
Acupuncture requires insertion of thin sterilized needles at particular points of the body. The body has over 2000 pressure points which are connected by meridians or pathways, generating an energy flow known as ‘Qi’.
Triggering these points helps to correct and improve the energy flow, which in turn boosts overall health and helps alleviate pain. On using this therapy, the central nervous system stimulates the release of chemicals into the brain, spinal cord and muscles. These chemicals either produce bodily changes or alter one’s experience of pain to promote healing a feeling of well-being.
How acupuncture works by:
1. Accelerating the relay of the electromagnetic signals which initiate the flow of endorphins (hormones secreted by the brain) which have analgesic effects on the body.
2. Stimulating the release of a chemical in the brain, known as natural opioids, which ease the pain and induce sleep.
3. Modifying the brain chemistry by altering the release of neurohormones (hormones secreted by a group of nerve cells) and neurotransmitters (chemical messengers that relay messages within the body, from one neuron to another, known as the ‘target’ neuron, to muscle or a gland cell). Neuro-hormones affect the activity of the concerned organ or the tissue while neurotransmitters dampen the nerve impulses.
Side effects of Acupuncture:
1. If the acupuncture is carried out by a trained and an experienced acupuncturist, it is usually considered safe.
2. Adverse side-effects include ruptured organs or infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.