Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hemat Patil
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Hemat PatilYour feedback matters!
I have bulging of disc issue in my lower back Do we have laser treatment available for this is india. If yes, then where in mumbai.
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone joints, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA:
The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time.
In most people with OA, the options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction.
However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen. With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling ,and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones.
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better.
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Some of the popular homeopathic medications based on areas and associated symptoms are listed below:
- Bryonia Alba: Pain worsened with movement, relieved with rest; associated with swelling and stiffness of the joints; difficulty in climbing stairs.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Swelling and pain that is worsened when getting up from a seated position. The joints feel cold and painful.
- Sulphur: Worse with climbing stairs, prolonged standing, feeling of warmth in the knees.
- Colcynthis: Cramping pain improved by pressure.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: Pain when getting up from a seated position.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans: Associated with muscle stiffness and cramping.
- Antimonium Crudum: The pain pain gets worse in cold weather, improved by applying something warm)
- Benzoic Acid: There is an associated crackling sound when the fingers are moved or if there are nodes in the area of joints. The urine is highly offensive in these people.
- Calcara Fluorica: There are stony hard nodes formed in the joint area, greatly reducing the mobility.
These medications are safe, completely natural, do not induce habit formation, and are approved by FDA. They don't just treat the symptoms but help manage the patient as a whole. This justifies why homeopathy is definitely a good option in treating osteoarthritis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello sir, I have pcl and MCL strain in my right leg but no tear seen in MRI scan. What should i do?
Gout, a form of arthritis that occurs when high uric acid blood levels cause crystals to form around a joint, is partially connected to diet. Uric acid is produced as your body breaks down purines, found in foods such as meat, seafood and alcohol. Most often, the treatment of gout includes dietary restrictions especially proteins. If you have been diagnosed with gout, random, severe restrictions, especially of proteins, is not needed. You need dietary recommendations, but you can have options and a wide variety of food choices.
Alcohol- You need to limit or avoid alcohol, especially beer when you have an inflammation or attack. You should avoid or limit drinks like soft drinks or juice drinks that are sweetened with high-fructose corn syrup, but you can freely drink homemade fruit juices. Coffee is also an option for gout sufferers. Two cups of coffee a day actually reduce the risk of gout and that increasing coffee consumption decreases uric acid levels.
Protein rich foods-
Animal proteins especially crustaceans like crabs , prawns, and organ meats are problematic as they are high in purines. If you avoid these very high purine foods, you may be able to enjoy a serving of chicken, fish or eggs about twice a week.
Plant-based proteins, such as beans and legumes, are excellent options on a gout diet. If you choose these as your primary protein source, not only will you be avoiding the purines in animal proteins, but you will also be eating less saturated fat. Saturated fat decreases your body's ability to get rid of uric acid, so it may increase the risk of gout symptoms. Again, dairy products such as milk, paneer and yogurt are allowable and decrease the risk of inflammation.
Fruits and vegetables -
Most fruits, vegetables, and whole grains are allowed. Avoid excessive intake of spinach, cauliflower, asparagus and mushrooms. Even high-fructose fruits such as apples, peaches and pears can be kept at three times a week. In addition, whole-grain products are better choices than refined carbohydrates like white bread, maida, and biscuits.