Hip Replacement Surgery
Minimally Invasive Hip Correction Procedure
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Minimally Invasive Knee Correction Procedure
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Scoliosis Correction Surgery
Treatment Of Meniscus Injury
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Column Traumatology Procedure
Treatment of Mckinzie Treatment For Spine
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Rf Neurotomy Procedure
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Treatment Of Lumbago
Custom Splinting Bracing Procedure
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Submit a review for Al Mani General HospitalYour feedback matters!
Popping sound in my knee, it feels as if some misalignment, after 2,3 simultaneous moment knee gets back to position, sometimes I even feel pain. Had visited doc he suggested physiotherapy which I undergone for 2 consecutive weeks. No relief till now, Doc than asked for Vita d tablets even having them for one month, still popping sound, pain and misalignment feeling.
You might be an elite athlete or just a commoner. There is always a possibility for you to develop back pain while carrying out your daily activities. You might not be aware, but regular activities such as sitting at the computer, running on the treadmill or simply crawling into your bed for a good night sleep can affect the health of your spine. You are always at the risk of damaging your spine, these damages lead to back pain. It has been found that faulty postures can cause back pain by causing straining of the back muscles, injuring the tendons and damaging the vertebrae or ligaments. Back pain can be caused due to the overuse of a particular activity or for undertaking a new activity.
However, it is often very difficult to pin point the exact reason behind the occurrence of back pain. Here are the common causes for back pain:
- The screen trouble: You are likely to develop back pain, if you spend long hours sitting in front of the commuter. Researchers believe that spending nine hours or more a day by texting on smart phones or tablets or typing on the computer is dangerous. You must take break at regular intervals while working on the gadgets to avoid back pain. Your monitor of the computer should be placed at the level of your eye.
- You skip the core exercises: The health of your spine depends on the core regions of your body as well. The core region includes your back, side, pelvic, and buttock muscles. It is important that you practise the core exercises like lunges, squats, and planks. They help in strengthening the muscles around your core region and keep your spine healthy.
- Improper sleep pattern: Your sleeping pattern is as much important as your walking or sitting pattern, when it comes to the health of your spine. If you sleep on your stomach, pressure is placed on joints and muscles. This may cause straining of the muscles or ligaments in the spine region.
- Smoking: Cigarettes are not just unhealthy for your lungs or heart, they are equally bad for the spine. Cigarettes contain nicotine. Researchers have found that nicotine hampers the flow of blood to vertebrae and disks in between the spine. Insufficient supply of blood to the spine region results in low absorption of calcium by the bones in this region. Therefore, you end up developing back pain.
- Blame it on your emotions: Back pain adds to your emotional stress. But believe it or not, the reverse is equally true. Depression and emotional stress increases or sometimes even initiates back pain. When an individual is depressed, his or her glands releases stress hormones known as cortisol. This hormone causes the muscles in the back region to tense up.
The pain that is associated with arthritis has been well documented. As a matter of fact, it is widely known that arthritis drastically reduces the joy in which a person can go about his or her daily life. However, while the condition may not be reversed, it can be improved with the help of the ancient system of medicine that is Ayurveda.
The field of Ayurveda may put forth solutions to problems such as arthritis, and it is to be kept in mind that the potential of these solutions is to not only improve the problem, but to better the overall health of a person. This has been well proven and documented multiple times over.
The age-old remedies of Ayurveda
- When a person is affected by arthritis, he or she should make the time to undergo a body massage, which makes use of either mustard or sesame oil. Over the course of the massage, the joints whichare afflicted by arthritis can be given more time and focus.
- Ayurveda places a strong focus on the dietary intake of a person. For one who has an issue with arthritis, it is strongly recommended that juices from citrus fruits such as orange and lemonshould be consumed. The reason for this is that the vitamin C which is present in the citrus family of fruits goes a long way in improving the situation.
- A person should also fast if he or she is physically strong enough to perform this task. This is because the process of fasting does a lot to clean out the system and reduces the impurities a person may have.In order for the body to repair well, it should be given a sufficient chance to rest.
- Sleep which is disjointed or inadequate should be replaced by forming habits which are favourable in giving a person sound and fulfilling sleep. The beneficial effects will show in about a few weeks.
- When it comes to health, a lot of issues a person faces in general are due to consuming the wrong kinds of foods. It should not come as a surprise at all that this is also the case when it comes to the problem of arthritis. As a result, a person who is arthritic should stay away from foods which are fried, hot and spicy, as such foods have a great ability to cause trouble.
Joints are intersections between bones; they provide support to your body during movement. There are a host of conditions which might lead to joint pain; they are bursitis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout. The most common joint pain disorders are knee pain, hip pain and shoulder pain.
Ayurveda associates joint pain with loss of bone density in the joints. This problem is characterized by a feeling of discomfort and cracking sounds. If the condition is not treated, it might lead to immobilization of the joint. The condition of the bones tends to deteriorate as they do not receive enough nutrition.
The other cause that leads to joint pain is toxin accumulation in the joints. As the toxin accumulates, it leads to heavy and stiff joints. If preventive measures are not taken on time, continuous accumulation of toxins may lead to swollen joints.
The various Ayurvedic remedies for joint pain are:
- Diet: Focus on eating foods especially that are salty, sour and sweet in taste. Add healthy foods such as rye and quinoa along with ghee as they pacify the "vata" in your body. Focus on natural foods such as vegetables and fruits to your diet.
- Herbs: Certain herbs such as turmeric help to treat joint pain. It contains curcumin that has anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing the pain. You may also consume fenugreek seeds for its antioxidant content and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lifestyle Changes: Make sure you exercise on a daily basis, do basic bodyweight exercises such as push-ups and squats to improve your strength. You may also start with yoga workouts to build flexibility and mobility in your body.
- Smoking and Alcohol: Limit smoking and alcohol consumption to keep your body healthy, and free from free radical damage. Alcohol may also cause you to put on weight, thus leading to obesity. Smoking may cause various problems in the lungs that may lead to breathing disorders.
Researchers believe that not much can be done for providing you relief to a great extent, in case you are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. But, they also say that a lot can be controlled by changing your diet. There are certain foods, which are known to add on to the problem of arthritis. These foods increase the pain of arthritis. However, there are also certain foods, which are known to cause relief to the patients by reducing the pain and getting rid of the factors causing it.
It has been a common practice that people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis (RA) are constantly trying to ease its symptoms with food and by taking dietary supplements. There are several studies that indicate a connection between certain types of foods and the inflammation. This inflammation characterises the autoimmune condition. But, it is always advisable that you must consult your doctor before embarking on a new diet chart or taking supplements. Therefore, the best approach towards curing this disease with the help of foods is to take a well-balanced diet.
Foods that can help fight Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Omega-3 fatty acids: It is important that your diet includes cold-water fish as herring, mackerel, trout, salmon and tuna. These fish have omega-3 fatty acids. This is known to have anti-inflammatory effect on the patient. Fish oil can provide relief in joint pain and help in easing morning stiffness. You may also consult your doctor to know whether you can or should take fish oil supplements. The doctor will prescribe you the dosages, depending upon your joint pain. But you should also remember, higher doses of the supplements can have negative effect. They tend to react with other drugs and increase blood pressure.
- Fibres, Whole grain: You must increase the amount of fibre in your diet. So, don’t forget to eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains. This will help in reducing the inflammation. Fibre is known to lower the levels of C-reactive protein in the patient’s blood stream. It is an indicator for inflammation in the body.
- Extra virgin olive oil: This will reduce inflammation. It works in the similar fashion as non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen works. Researchers believe that virgin olive oil contains a compound called oleocanthal. This compound blocks the enzymes that is known to cause inflammation.
- Vitamin D: You must have foods rich in vitamin D that is usually linked to calcium and provides protection against osteoporosis. Talk to your doctor, if you are needed to have vitamin D supplements.
Foods That Can Cause Inflammation
There are certain foods that can increase the inflammation and the pain. The inflammation is increased by meats, protein-rich foods, like pulses, etc. Also, omega-6 fatty acids containing foods such s corn, soyabean, etc. can make things worse.
3 weeks ago, I had a swelling on my left foot for 5-7 days and a minor pain while movement too. I didn't notice that bcoz it was not paining high. Now it's been 2 weeks that swelling is not there but it pains at hill after a walk of 10 mins or standing. Exercise is off from a month. There is a Vit D deficiency reported recently.
I am 26 years old and I ended up twisting my knee 2 months back on 25th of March while dancing due to bad landing and since then I have been struggling to find what the injury actually is. I went for an MRI as advised which showed mild effusion in knee bones and no tears in ligaments and fracture in bones after taking rest for 3 weeks I consulted another doctor who asked to repeat the MRI as the knee was not healed and there was lot of fluid surrounding the knee due to which lot of swelling was there. In 2nd MRI it showed partial tear of ACL grade 2 and break of muscle fibres and mild joint effusion. Please suggest me the best option as the fluid has again surrounded after removing once by Doctor. Doing my exercises but hardly any recovery. Knee is quite stiff and pain is experienced only on the bones part so confused if it is bone injury or ACL injury. Moreover 2 doctors have advised for ACL surgery and 1 advised against it as it is more of a bone injury and a small partial tear of ACL. Less amount of pain is experienced with 70℅ movement of knee after exercises .instability of knee m not sure how can I check as still cannot walk properly and using elbow crutch and knee brace to walk. please advise something as it's been 2 months. Do I need to take full bed rest as doctor advised I can walk but it's not helping me in any case. Knee is still swelled up with lots of fluid surrounding but not any clue of pain in the acl area. Only experiencing little pain on knee bones.
Mere didi ki saas ka age 67 saal hai. Unke payro me kuch problem chal rahi hai. Thik se chal nahi paa rahi hain. Payro me koi dard nahi rehta. Payro me feelings normal hai. Please help me.
I am getting sounds from knees course and crack sounds since last 6 years when ever I sit and up and movement at any time so please give me solution sound is coming like audible to others clearly that much intensity of sound please help me with proper diet .and I am doubt about my masturbation I do it daily since last 8 years one. Bad boy thought me this masturbation since that I am doing this please help me and clear my doubt is it due to masturbation or any other reason.
How well is indian spinal injuries centre? All doctors advice me surgery for disc bulge and spinal canal stenosis.
Hi doctor, I'm 24, I'm suffering from severe leg pain in both the legs, especially more in right leg for more than 3 weeks, the pain is not continuously occurring, it occurring for 3 hours and reliving for sometime, other than leg pain sometimes when I'm at rest or in sitting position I feeling a dragging feel in my legs, it makes me feel scary. Also some join pains in my body also occurring. I had read about an arrival and I got fear that it may be paralysis. Please suggest me give me a solution I'm very much bothering doctor.
I have a leg pain since 1 year. I checked doctor he said I don't have a enough vitamin d. I give lots of tablet. He said to eat mushroom. But my pain is not gone. What should I have to do?
It is a pain in my right leg when I start walking its hurts too much its fine too much rain I run at any time.
I had fractures on bases of 1,2,3,4 of right metatarsal 2 months ago surgery is done Dr. saying everything is ok now you can walk but after walking its swelling and painful.
Hi. I have severe lower back pain which goes to my right leg. I am unable to sit or walk or even change side in bed without pain. The pain started in 4th month of my pregnancy and became worse with time. It was in lower back and pubic area. I was told it's coz of pelvic girdle and will go after delivery. Now my baby is 10 days old but pain is only getting worse. Now the pain is in lower back right buttock and right leg. I am not able to sit for long to feed my baby.
Hi, This is for my Father. He is 75 years old and pretty healthy for his age. We had done a health check at apollo a month back and found out he has a little high BP issue and arthritis. The distance between the knee bones have reduced as per my understanding. Doctor has referred the following medicines and told us to take the test for BP and XRay for knee and consult a doc after a month. Following are the medicines: 1. Flavojoint-twice daily 2. oxygen gel- twice daily 3. For BP- T. Tazaloc AM- once daily. But still now he is not recovered fully for both BP and arthritis. So we need to know whether we should continue with the medicine or not. If to continue, till how many months we need to take it. Regards.
My body might be having swelling it reflect more in legs after a long sitting or office work my legs look like elephant legs in the evening but not in morning time.
The knee is one of the largest and most important joints of our body. It is also susceptible to wear and tear as well as injuries. Knee pain can occur due to a variety of reasons starting from conditions like arthritis problem and osteoporosis as well as injuries that can affect the ligaments, the joint, the menisci and femur. These are the various parts of the knees, which can suffer from degeneration or even injuries. The best way to combat chronic knee pain is through rest, ice compress and with the help of pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication.
While rest and ice compress for chronic knee pain and pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication are the best ways to combat knee pain, orthopaedics also recommend the use of various strengthening exercises which can alleviate knee pain. Here are a few of the best ones!
- The towel hook: Lie down flat on your back and raise one leg, Hook a towel under the foot and press it against the towel as you pull both ends downwards, creating slight pressure. This can be done for a few seconds at a time. Remember to do this at least ten times for each foot and increase gradually. This exercise helps in strengthening your entire leg from the calf to the knee and even the thighs so that the pain subsides.
- Towel roll: In towel roll exercise, after pushing knee, should do dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds.. Hamstring exercises are also given by placing roll towel under your feet, push down, dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds Adductor exercises are also given by placing small ball between your legs just above the knee joint, press and hold for 20seconds.
- Swing: For this exercise, you will need to sit down on a chair. Now take one leg and swing it up until it is in line with your hip. Hold it out like this before you slowly bring it down again. Do this at least twenty to thirty times for each leg and gradually increase the frequency and the number of seconds for which you hold the knee. This will also help in pain management.
- Knee marches: You can also do knee marches by sitting down on a chair. You will need to march each knee up and down at least twenty to thirty times. You will need to do this for a few minutes every day and you can easily do it twice a day even when you are at work, sitting in front of a desk. You must ensure that your posture is straight and upright for this exercise.