Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Ghanshyam AhujaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from meniere's disease since I year ent doctor confirmed this he gave vertin 16mg to take twice daily but still I getting vertigo now I am on german related homeo medicine but I am not feeling it working on me I want something to live my routine life because I am only 40 now please help.
I have a hole in ear. Fuss coming out of ear every day. When I have contacted ENT specialist ,he is advising me to go for operation. Can you give me a advise which can the problem with medicines.
I have very high body temperature for over last three days and also I have some body pain and also I have some throat infection and cough through out my chest so what should I do?
I am 35 years old . I am suffering from sneezing since 3 years Daily almost 100 times I sneeze. For every time I sneeze 5 times. I have taken so many medicines but still I don't have any relief from sneezing. My nose is little bit bigger than normal.
Hello sir I want to help with you. Sir I feel in my throat something in it ex. Lump. But no pain in it. And I am in this time I stopped sometime while talking. My tongue not worked properly. Some word I can't speak quickly in 1st time. I have to use second time again I want to share something to you. Its before I take medicine of fever then it felt reaction then l live it and now I am getting trouble while talking not speak clearly. So sir please give instructions what to do.
I'm 19 years old and I have redness around near my nose ad and dryness on both side of lips. How s can I cure this.
I had a viral infection (throat, cough) 15 days ago. I took a 5 day antibiotic course and the fever went. But the cough is still there. I have taken Alex syrup and prospan (ivy leaf extract) but it hasn't helped. I have dry cough. Please suggest a good syrup.
I take ofloxacin antibiotic for UTI for last 7 days and now I start suffering from tinnitus (wind or drum sound in ear) from last 2 days. 1. Is this is side effects of antibiotic or something else 2. How to recover?
I have sore throat from last 20 days..Had Azithromycin and Amoxy-Clauv antibiotics..It has improved a bit but not yet normal..What should I do?
My husband has a sinus problem from several year . Every morning he face the problem of sneezing . Please sujjest.
I caught some heat. I have running nose. My ears feel like they are closed. I feel a little temperature too. Please suggest some medicine.
I am 54 years old and since last couple of months, I am having ear pain occasionally. Please advise what would be the reason as I am cleaning the ear frequently.
It is very common for patients with nasal obstruction to develop clogged ear as well. The back of the nose opens into a tunnel also known as the Eustachian tube. This tube goes up to the ear. In case the ears get clogged the pressure is released by popping of the ears. This is achieved by swallowing, yawning, and trying to blow the nose. When ear pops the tunnel opens and allows the pressure to release from the ear.
Reasons why nasal obstruction causes clogged ears:
- Mucosal Swelling: When the nose is obstructed, the nasal lining might swell thus making it difficult to breath. This might also lead to swelling in the tunnel of the ear causing it to shut down. Sometimes an ear pop does not happen in this condition and this is called as Eustachian tube dysfunction.
- Negative Pressure inside the Nose: In nose obstruction when the patient tries to breathe through the nose there is negative pressure. This might build up near the opening of the Eustachian tube or the back of the nose. This pressure gets transmitted to the ear and results in a negative pressure in the ear which leads to the clogging of the ear.
- Bernoulli's Principle: This principle states that in case of an inviscid flow, increase in speed of the fluid happens side by side with a pressure decrease.
Causes of Nasal Obstruction:
Obstruction or congestion of the nose leads to a stuffy and inflamed nose. In minor illnesses like fever, cold, sinus infection and flu stuffy nose can happen. This congestion might last for a week. In case the congestion is long term then the causes for it are:
- Allergies and hay fever
- Chemical and environmental irritants
- Septum deviation
- Chronic sinusitis that has lasted for too long
- Nasal polyps and benign tumors
Symptoms of nasal decongestion are runny or stuffy nose, painful sinus, and swollen nasal tissues along with mucus buildup.
Treatment for Nasal Decongestion:
Once the nasal congestion has been found and the cause behind it has been analyzed, then treatment is must. Treatment usually includes prescription medication or over the counter drugs. Medication of the nasal decongestion involves the following:
- Oral Antihistamines: These are helpful in treating allergies. Common ones are loratadine (Claritin) and cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Nasal Sprays: Nasal sprays which contain antihistamine like azelastine (Astelin, Astepro)
- Nasal Steroids: Examples of this are mometasone (Asmanex Twisthaler) or fluticasone (Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA)
- Over the counter or prescription decongestants