Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chetan Anchan
Submit a review for Dr. Chetan AnchanYour feedback matters!
My grandmother suffering from liver and lungs caner now she is in second stage. Please give me some suggestions about that Cancer?
"Don't get wacko stop tobacco"
Say no to tobacco n tobacco products. It is harmful for your oral n general health and may even lead to life threatening cancer.
The fallopian tubes are a couple of thin tubes that act as a vehicle in transporting a woman’s eggs (ova) from her ovaries (where they are housed) to her uterus (otherwise known as the ‘womb’) where they are either fertilized by the male sperm or disposed off during menstruation. Fallopian tube cancer, otherwise known as tubal cancer, forms in the fallopian tubes that connect the ovaries and the uterus.
It is hard to see a tumour or growth developing within a tube. This makes fallopian tube cancer hard to diagnose and complicated to manage as well.
If you do have fallopian tube cancer, it is vital to get a quick diagnosis as promptly as possible. This will help you to get effective treatment. However, diagnosing fallopian tube cancer can be challenging because of the following:
It is an uncommon kind of cancer.
The indications are vague and like those of different other conditions.
Discovering a tumour inside the Fallopian tube is troublesome.
In case you have symptoms that may point at fallopian tube cancer, your specialist will conduct a thorough physical examination and get some information about your lifestyle and your family history. A pelvic examination will be done to examine your uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and vagina. If a tumour is found, your specialist will do some more tests.
At least one of the accompanying tests might be utilised to see whether you have fallopian tube cancer and if it has spread. These tests additionally might be used to see whether the treatment is working. These diagnostic tests may include the following:
Ultrasound of the Pelvis: This test is helpful. However, in case that your specialist still suspects fallopian tube cancer, he or she will arrange a transvaginal ultrasound. During this test, a probe will be put into the vagina to deliver a photo of the inner organs. A transvaginal ultrasound is the best method for imaging the fallopian tubes.
CT or CAT (computed axial tomography) scan
MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan
Biopsy: A sample of cells is removed from the fallopian tube and examined closely, under a microscope. This is the best way to know for sure whether you have fallopian tube cancer. This will require surgery to extract the sample cells.
CA125 test: This blood test checks the levels of CA125, a known tumour marker for gynecologic cancers. An abnormal state of CA125 may mean you need to have more tests. However, it does not necessarily mean you have fallopian tube cancer. Serum levels of a marker called CA-125 can be unusually high in patients with gynecologic infections in cancer and non-cancer sorts, that is, pelvic inflammatory infection, endometriosis and early pregnancy. CA-125 can be non-specific and might be elevated because of numerous issues that are not cancer related.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I smoke 5 cigarettes a day. I know that it is harmful. I heard that every smoker gets into lungs cancer is that true or it causes to only chain smoker?
• The exact causes for cancer is not known.
• It is multi-factorial disease – many factors contribute or predispose this condition.
• Modern diet – increased intake of junk food and decreased intake of fibers and roughage.
• Age, environmental pollutants or social, emotional factors influence the disease.
• Family tendency.
• Exposure to radiations.
• Occupational exposure to pollutants – lung cancer.
• Increased consumption of cigarettes - lung cancer.
• Tobacco chewing – oral cancer.
• Chronic alcoholics – liver cancer.
• Use of contraception, excess sexual freedom, virginity, women with no children – cervical and uterine cancer
• Late marriages, women who have not breast fed there children – breast cancer.
• Non vegetarian diet especially high consumption of meat and red meat.
• Obesity hypertension and diabetes have been seen to be associated symptoms.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
• Most of the time there is no presentation no pain, cancer usually is detected accidentally and by the time it is detected it has spread in the whole body.
• Painless swelling in breast or at the site of cancer.
• Intracranial space occupying lesions can present with fits, severe headaches, vomiting, papilloedema.
• Abdominal lesions can cause constipation.
• Bronchial lesions present with cough & shortness of breath.
• Hemorrhage from various orifices.
• Pain either due to nerve compression or due to distension of an organ.
• There can be deep bone pains or referred pains.
• In terminal cases depression, loneliness & irritability.
• Tumor may cause obstruction affecting ingestion, digestion absorption, malabsorption through secondary intestinal changes.
• Pain, fatigue, depression, Anxiety, Nausea vomiting and diarrhea.
• Taste changes- mouth blindness develops – bitter and sweet thresholds are altered. Patient will avoid chocolate, coffee, tea, red wine, citrus fruits red meat cheese due to altered taste
• Low intake of food can cause severe weakness
• Loss of weight.
• Food aversion
• Early satiety
• Loss of body cell mass
• Emaciation- loss of subcutaneous fat and body protein leading to weight loss and muscle weakness.
• Metabolic disorders – altered metabolism of fats, proteins, carbohydrates, glucose, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes.
• Immunodepression- changes in the function of the immune system.
• Hyponatraemia and Hypercalcaemia
• Acid-base imbalance
• All these symptoms can be exacerbated by cancer treatment like chemotherapy or radiation.
• Give high energy and high protein diet.
• Wide variety of food should be selected to ensure all vitamins and minerals are included in the diet.
– Increase intake of antioxidants like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium.
• Include Japanese sea vegetables (arame, hijiki, kombu, nori) in diet if available, they are remarkably nutritious.
• Wheat grass juice is recommended – grow wheat grains in a pot – grass comes up in a weeks time so its advisable to plant seven pots so as to have every days supply. Extract juice from these grass and consume twice a day. It helps you to develop immunity and remove toxins from the body.
• Consume ½ cup of bitter gourd every morning. Advisable to add little ginger and turmeric to it. You can also add honey or jaggery to it, to alter its bitter taste if required.
• Daily eat 3-4 mint and basil leaves.
• Have high energy food / drink like sugarcane juice, fats.
• Consumption of sesame seed / oil is advised as it is a very good tonic and has anti-cancer properties.
• During the cancer affections and treatment, there is high demand for energy hence fats are required in high amount. Hence it is recommended to fry food rather than grilling them.
• Vegetarians should increase their consumption of pulses and legumes (peas and beans).
• Consumption of fresh fruits and raw vegetables is advised.
• Milk and milk products should be avoided to those patients with intestinal damage who are also lactose intolerant or those who cannot tolerate, digest or absorb a normal diet in such case liquid supplement formula can be used.
• Multivitamin supplements may be required in case of digestive and metabolic disorders. Should be taken as indicated by your physician.
• Tube feeding can be used in patients who cannot or are unwilling to take food orally.
• Parentral feeding – is considered when there is gastro-intestinal tumors or gastro-intestinal tract is not functioning
Dr Mrs Neeraj Gupta
Gupta Computerised Homeopathic Clinic
Stool color is normal but some times I notice color change inside / between normal looking stool, for example you find patch inside good looking potato or banana, my routine stool test was normal only it was showing that cyst type -EH and RBA nil, m also noticing soft stool, not daherria but only soft with out water and some times thin stool, no weight loss, it is happening from 3 months, no weight loss, is it the symptom of cancer, what should I do.
Hi, My father got infected with Oral cancer. The biopsy report says Squamous carcinoma grade 2. What will be treatment now?
My sister in law is gone through 2 chemotherapy n abt. To go for 3rd chemotherapy, for her breast cancer, being treated at berhampur, Orissa. Where I feel n believe that there is not good doctors to go for such treatments, they had already cut one of her breast. Pl. Do suggest where it would be cured well n what exactly is to be done, is it surely be cured, because now the whole family is depressed.
Sir my sister has a breast cancer stage 4 on left side as of now doctors says that it has spread so operation cannot happen we need a consultation from you asap we will be very thankful if you help us.
Dear sir my father in law 72 years having urinary problem, prostate surgery done 2 year back, since few days loss of appetite, weight loss, constipation & weakness done usg abdomen the opinion is" multiple enlarged varying sized hypoechoic homogenous lymph nodes noted in pre/para cavla, pre/paraaortic, both common iliac region, right iliac fossa region, largest one 56 x 33 mm, 35 x 17 mm and 43 x 23 mm & adenopathy seen. Few sclerotic lesions seen in right iliac bone and in few lumbar vertebral bodies, suggestive of? metastasis" what this finding shows. Is cancer. State? what is treatment, and likely chances. Please guide.
Hello, everyone. I am Dr Komal, obstetrics and gynaecologist. I am presently working at JP Hospital, Noida. Today I will discuss with you about Cervical Cancer with my main focus on vaccine available for it.
As most of us are aware that it is the cancer of mouth of the Uterus. It is a most common cancer among females in our country. It affects approximately 1,22,000 females per year in our country and it is a leading cause of death due to cancer in our country. The most common age group affected is 55-59 years of age. But the recent trend is showing the difference towards the age group as well.
Pap smear is a screening procedure and it is offered to all the females from 25 years of the age group and it should be carried out after every 3 years till the 49 years of age. And after this, continue this after every 5 years till you come under 65-69 years of age.
What is the cause of cervical cancer?
You must be surprised to know that in 99% of the cases, human papillomavirus, a viral agent is the infected agent of this cancer. Only 1% of the cause is due to some other things. So, it is a viral infection that causes cancer.
As it is a viral infection, we have the vaccination in our country to fight against the cause of this disease. And the most common vaccine used is Gardasil. World Health Organisation recommends that the vaccine should be referred to all girls between the age of 9-13 years because of its high immunogenicity of this age group. THis vaccination can also be available to all the females till 45 years of age.
The only issue is that once you become sexually active, then the immunogenicity decreases. However, you must be offered and you should go ahead to take the vaccine.
Two is the second dose and that you receive after 2 months of the first dose. And six is the second dose which you receive after 6 months of the first dose.
What is the cost of the vaccine?
It costs about 2800-3000 per dose. There is no severe side effects and the most common being the injection related things.
What is the contra- indication?
There is no contra- indication. But the one important thing is that pregnant women are not recommended to take this. Once you become pregnant while taking this vaccine then you should definitely dose for the next time.
So, this vaccine is available to prevent cervical cancer in the body even in a very minute form.
Hope this video is helpful for you to get aware of cervical cancer which is killing women every day in our country.
Thank you so much.