Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arun ShethYour feedback matters!
Some years ago my face was full of acne but later years the acne problem was slowly decrease but the marks of acne which causes scaly, itchy, and dry patches.
Sir I am 19 years old student I have been suffering from hair fall since 2 years and I have used many oils for curing but no better result, and now my hair volume or density has become very little, sir I want your suggestions, please suggest me how to get my hair volume increase and stop hair fall. Please sir.
Your skin is one of the most important organs of your body both healthwise and cosmetically. Dry skin is a common skin ailment that causes dry, itchy patches and leads to skin flaking off. This is characterised by the lack of water in the epidermis and can affect men and women equally. There is no single cause for dry skin. The top five causes of dry skin are:
- Harsh soaps: Soap is a must to keep your skin clean, but the right soap can make a big difference in the quality of your skin. Many soaps tend to rid the skin of moisture and natural oils leaving the skin dry and flaky. This also applies to many shampoos. Ideally, pick a fragrance free soap and shampoo that moisturises your skin and avoid products that are alcohol based. Also, do not use excessive soap while bathing and ensure that the soap is properly removed.
- Change in weather: Winter is the season for dry skin. Along with the temperature, humidity levels also drop in this season. This dehydrates the skin and leaves it dry. Increasing the temperature will not help in such cases as that will further dehydrate the skin. Instead, invest in a humidifier to increase the humidity levels indoors.
- Dehydration: Your skin needs water both internally and externally to stay hydrated. To have soft, supple skin, you should drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day. While this is easy in the summers when the heat makes you feel thirsty, it gets difficult in the monsoons and winters. Caffeinated drinks also soak up moisture and contribute to dehydration.
- Exposure to hot water and steam: Keeping the above points in mind it might seem that a long steamy shower is a solution to dry skin but in reality, this can worsen the condition. While steam and hot water provide temporary relief, they make it easier for the natural oils in our skin to dry out. Hence, it is best to have a shower with lukewarm water and keep it as short as possible.
- Internal conditions: Internal factors such as genetics, medical conditions like thyroid and atopic dermatitis can also make your skin dry. Dry skin can also develop as a side effect to medication for high blood pressure, cholesterol, acne etc. Age also affects the quality of your skin. As you get older, your skin gets thinner and is more prone to drying up easily. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I have a diagonal cut mark on my nose since I was 1 year old. Now I want it to be removed. How can I remove it or is there any medicine for removing it?
Am losing my hair since last 2 years. And most of my hair has turned out to be white nd greyish. Is there any better solution to get rid of this problem.
I am 32 years of old. I am sufering with thyroid. Tsh is 22.3. Due to that my skin started with patches. After cinsulting doctor she told me this happened due to thyroid and advised me take to take thyronorm 50mg regularly. No the patches in some parts of the body are totaly gone but on lips it is slowly increasing overally. Please advise me that how can I reduce this thyroid and white on my lipa.
I have a soaring and dry skin pink patches on my feet near ankle (socks area). It creates irritation, and soars. Looks ugly. Pls advice.
According to Ayurveda, skin problems arise due to imbalance in the tridoshas, which is vata, pitta and kapha. People having a vata constitution are the ones who possess dry and dull skin. While a healthy diet is necessary for a beautiful skin, here are some natural herbs that are considered excellent for keeping the skin clean and clear.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood or chandan is a very useful Ayurvedic herb which helps in skin lightening. It is generally used in the treatment of several skin conditions such as acne, scrapes, blemishes, rashes and many others. It is a good remedy for itchy skin. Sandalwood leaves a cooling effect on the skin after external application. It also calms the body after exposure to the sun. Sandalwood powder can be used in the form of a lotion, soap or paste meant for hydrating and cleansing the skin.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is renowned for its blood purifying properties and gives a natural glow to the skin along with enhanced radiance. Turmeric consists of anti ageing and antibacterial properties and is used in cases of several skin diseases. Turmeric helps in reducing acne, blemishes, pigmentation and skin inflammation. It helps in slowing down the ageing process of the skin. You can apply turmeric paste on your face in the form of a facial.
- Aloe Vera: This herb is commonly used in beauty products. It has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and cooling properties and is an ideal herb for skin care. Aloe Vera treats skin conditions such as pimples, acne, burns, infections, rashes, allergies, blisters, insect bites and dry skin. Aloe Vera gel provides skin protection and helps in cooling, which reduces any inflammation. Sunburns are also treated by this wonderful herb.
- Saffron or Kesar: This herb is a very effective skin whitening agent and can be used along with olive oil for the purpose of lightening the skin. Kesar can also be applied to the skin by mixing it with milk and olive oil.
- Kumkumadi Oil: This oil is very useful for making skin fairer. This oil is made by the combination of sixteen Ayurvedic ingredients and also helps in removal of marks and prevents skin tanning. This oil can be applied to the skin directly.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is an ideal skin coolant and also contains antiseptic properties. It provides great skin nourishment. Having anti ageing properties, it makes you look younger and treats fine lines and wrinkles as well.
- Basil: Basil or tulsi has antiseptic properties, acts as a natural astringent and makes the skin fresh. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I have bald patches i. E. Male pattern baldness. My question is how can I get hair again on those area? Is it possible? What should I do for it?
I have black spot as well as black pimple on my face can you remove this I want to meet you you can help me I want meet you so I am great.
Sir I have some pimples on the face and I have tried several medicines but not benefit. What should I do?
I am 21 years old and have severe hair fall problem from past few months. My hair is very thin and falling from root. What should I do now?
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos and hair item but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do please help me.
Dr rushali angchekar