Doctor in Vivekanand Academy of Yoga, Ayurved and Nature Care
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Vivekanand Academy of Yoga, Ayurved and Nature CareYour feedback matters!
Our body tends to face a lot of different harmful elements when we are working throughout the day. Our body gets stressed, comes in contact with harmful substances and also our diet can get hampered due to a busy schedule. That is why it is so important to keep our body fresh and clear of all these harmful materials.
One such way of getting rid of these harmful elements is detoxification. So in this article, we will be talking about different ways to detoxify our body and why we should start detoxifying our system immediately.
How Can Exercising Promote Detoxification?
When we involve ourselves in increasing movement and physical activities, our body gets stimulated. The increased physical exercises help to flush out the lungs and it promotes the movement in our gut in a much better manner. Our skin glands also open up and help to release the harmful toxins via perspiration.
Other than that, the blood circulation in our system is improved and it also promotes the secretion of lymph which allows the different organs especially the lymph nodes and liver to get rid of different unnecessary body fluids. When you are engaged in physical activities, you need to rehydrate yourself with water and an increased volume of water in our body clears the kidneys. This keeps the kidneys in a much better condition.
Digestion is also affected in a positive way when we exercise. The digestive system experiences less constipation, improved bowel movements and better excretion of harmful wastes is possible.
Yoga is a form of exercise which is very much helpful in promoting blood flow and increase the system's bowel movement. Yoga also helps all the body parts and muscles to engage in extensive work which helps them to perspire and you will feel fresh. As a result, stress due to increased toxin count is also kept under control.
So, as you can see that exercise and detoxification of the body are closely related to each other. But not everyone and every day we get the opportunity to commit ourselves in extensive exercise especially when we have different responsibilities on our shoulders, right? However, there are other ways in which you can detoxify your body and maintain a healthy lifestyle easily.
Dietary Elements Which Detoxify The Body:
Apart from exercising regularly, you can also bring some important changes to your diet to detoxify the body. There are several foods and other edibles which can easily promote detoxification. So here are some of those food elements which can help you in this case.
FRESH CRANBERRY JUICE:
Drinking cranberry juice can help your body in various ways. Berries contain a significant amount of antioxidants and other important detoxifying ingredients which will help you to detoxify the body. Cranberry contains important minerals like vitamin C and manganese. Cranberry juice also helps to prevent different infections in the urinary tract and combats stress hormones effectively. Drinking a full glass of Cranberry juice every morning will surely improve your lifestyle. Generally, two 16-oz. glasses of full-strength of this juice can be easily consumed. But you can also choose to drink a single glass every day.
Apple or Apple Juice:
You must be aware that apples not only taste good but they also contain vitamins, fibre and minerals. Phytochemicals and pectin are also important components of an apple. These help to flush out different additives and harmful toxic chemicals in our body especially the blood. The juice contained in Apple also helps in digestion by stimulating bowel movement and keeping it hydrated. You can eat the apple raw or also turn it into a juice. Both ways of consuming apples can help you detoxify your body. You can keep one thing mind while buying apples that organic apples are much richer in antioxidants.
Lemon or Lemon Juice:
Lemons are one of the best sources of antioxidants and positive elements which helps the body to get a detoxifying boost all over the body. All kind of citrus food is a brilliant source of detoxification. Lemons can easily help to cleanse the organs and the blood from harmful toxins. Since Lemons contain Vitamin C, they can also help your digestive system to get rid of gas. One of the best ways to consume lemon is to mix it with warm water and drink it every morning.
Very Healthy Reasons To Start Juicing:
Juicing is one of the best ways in which you can detoxify your body. So here are the different reasons because of which you will need to start juicing as soon as possible on a regular basis.
When you regularly start juicing, it will help your body to absorb important and essential nutrients. Many people suffer from weak digestive or metabolic system which does not allow them to absorb good minerals. But juicing helps to ‘predigest’ the food. This will make your metabolism much stronger.
If you don't like consuming raw fruits, juicing will help your body to enjoy the minerals. Other than that, you will be easily able to drink it anytime and anywhere you want. Just have a sip and help your body detoxify all the harmful elements present in it.
Juicing helps to expose your body to essential minerals of different fruits and vegetables. You can also easily choose them based on your likings and taste preferences. Thus, it is much easier and more satisfying to consume.
Any kind of fruit or vegetable juice helps to boost your energy significantly. Fruits help to inject different minerals like sugar, carbohydrates and other vitamins which increase the energy levels of the body. It also helps the body to stay hydrated, thus you feel more fresh and energetic.
Your metabolism also receives a boost when you consume a juice every day. An improved metabolism supplies more energy and seamless blood supply to the organs. As a result, you feel rejuvenated and have the ability to engage in different physical activities.
Juice contains important ingredients like phytochemicals and antioxidants which helps the metabolism to improve. Due to an effective and brilliant metabolism, you will be less prone to diseases and serious medical issues which can be caused by foreign items. Other problems like different cardiovascular problems can also be prevented.
Free radicals can pose a serious threat to the body system. Juices help to fight these free radicals which can different ageing effects also. Almost every fruit or vegetable juice helps to reduce the number of free radicals.
So, as you can see that juicing can help your body to remain fit and fine throughout the year. It is very much recommended that you choose at least one kind of fruit or vegetable which you can drink as a juice regularly. Apart from exercising on a regular basis, consuming different juices is always a good choice.
Are you suffering from dry, stretched, itchy or flaky skin? Remember dry skin look older than oily skin, as they show fine lines and wrinkles faster. They also flake, crack and bleed easily. Read on for 10 super easy steps recommended by dermatologists to soothe dry skin
Prevent hot baths and showers which dehydrate skin further. Do these instead for dry skin
- Use warm water
- Don’t shower for more than 5 minutes
- Wash with a gentle and fragrance-free soap
- Don’t apply too much soap so that it whips up a thick lather
- Don’t rub your skin dry with a towel
Post bath routine
- Slather on a rich moisturiser after drying your skin: Moisturisers trap extra moisture in your skin so the right time to use them is immediately after drying yourself with a towel. It’s better to use ointments and creams as these are more effective than lotions. Creams with olive and jojoba oil, Shea butter, lactic acid, urea, hyaluronic acid, dimethicone, glycerin, lanolin, mineral oil, and petrolatum jelly all are good. If the skin on your hand is extra dry and feels stretched then it’s a good idea to carry a non-greasy hand cream with you. Apply it to each washing hands immediately to relieve dry skin.
- Use only unscented skin care products: Shun harsh skin products which strip natural oils from skin like-
- Deodorant soaps
- Skin care products that contain fragrances, alcohol, retinoids, or alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA)
- Wear gloves when washing utensils: This will prevent dry skin on hands. All you have to do is wear latex gloves before you start washing clothes and utensils.
- Choose laundry detergent with care: Laundry detergents should be chosen with care as they can irritate skin. Go for detergents labelled “hypoallergenic”.
- Avoid toasting yourself by the fireplace or other heat sources in winters: Remember heat is drying. So limit your time in front of a hot stove or fireplace.
- Use humidifiers to add moisture to indoor air: Use of humidifier will help prevent excessive drying of skin.
- Use milk on skin: Milk is packed with anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that can fight dry and itchy skin. The lactic acid in milk also exfoliates dead skin cells and increases the capacity of your skin to retain moisture.
- Honey: Honey is one of the best natural moisturisers. It comes loaded with antioxidants and antimicrobials.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a skin-hydrating agent par excellence. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties also help soothe dry and itchy skin.
If these things don’t work in alleviating skin dryness, you may require a prescription cream, so see a dermatologist.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a blend of stomach discomfort or pain and issues with bowel routines: either constipation or diarrhea; or having a different kind of stool (slender, hard, or delicate and fluid). A healthy routine diet by and large comprises of eating a wide number of nutritious, low-fat nourishments with some restraint. Be that as it may, you may see an increase in your symptoms after you eat certain kinds of food when you have an irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Since side effects can fluctuate between patients, there is not just one list of off-limit foods, but with that said, there are a plenty of foods that are good for your health and do not irritate your bowel habits. By staying away from the most basic irritants of IBS, you may see more consistency and also less cramps and bloating.
Some of the foods that you can consume during IBS are as follows:
- Fiber adds bulk to your digestive system. It is broadly accessible in grains, vegetables and natural products. Eating a lot of insoluble fiber as grains can increase your trips to the bathroom. Concentrate on soluble fiber. This includes vegetables and natural products.
- While the insoluble fiber content in whole grains might be an irritant in IBS indications, certain grains cause different issues. Items containing rye, wheat, and grain contain gluten. This is a sort of protein that can harm your digestion tracts and increase symptoms of IBS. While a hypersensitivity to gluten is known as celiac infection, in any case half the patients in IBS are gluten-intolerant. Fortunately, more gluten-free items are available in the market these days. In case you cannot manage without pizza, pasta, cakes, you can simply substitute them with gluten-free products of the same kind.
- Consume plenty fruits and vegetables.
- Take carbohydrates in required quantity like bread, rice, oats, pasta, potatoes, chapattis and plantain.
- If you happen to be lactose intolerant, include substitutes like soya, rice or oat, milk and yogurts that are rich in calcium.
- Some meat, fish, eggs and alternatives like beans.
- Take a limited amount of foods high in fats and sugars. Decrease intake of saturated fat that is found in butter, ghee, cheddar, meat, cakes and baked goods. Substitute these with unsaturated fats found in vegetable oils, for example, sunflower, rapeseed and olive oil, avocados, nuts and seeds.
- Drink a lot of liquid, no less than two liters every day, for example, water or natural teas.
Whenever you go out to eat, make sure you ask for gluten-free food. Sometimes, certain kinds of food might appeal to you but try not to get tempted too often by the menu and harm your health because of it. Stick to a healthy diet.
Hair loss and balding is very common heath issue in men and women. Stressful lifestyle, pollution, lack of proper diet and lack of proper care are all the causes of sudden hair loss. People who are worried about the hair fall go for so many remedies of different health care system, but they provide only temporary solutions. As Ayurveda remedies are the natural and holistic system of the health cure. Many people are going towards Ayurvedic ingredients can help you cure hair loss issues. Hair loss and balding is the very embarrassing condition for both males and females. The early stages of the hair loss can be easily decreased and even stopped completely.
Ayurvedic approach believes that hair loss and balding can be controlled by targeting the body type or mind-body structure. Pitta Dosha is also considered as the primary cause of the hair fall. Ayurveda says that the improved lifestyle and proper diet could cure Pitta Dosha. Ayurvedic remedies for hair loss are made of natural herbs to that can improve hair growth and reduce hair loss.
The most effective herbs which reduce the hair loss in minimal period and give amazing results are:
- Amla: Amla is filled with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. This is one of the richest sources of vitamin C. Amla acts like a hair nutrient and tonic which provides healthier and stronger hair and solves all the hair related issues.
- Aloe vera: This is very good for re- growth of hair and also stops hair fall, hair thinning and balding.
- Methi: Methi is easily available at most of the houses of India. This is also used with spices in the Indian food and along with this domestic use Methi is an effective home ingredient to reduce the hair fall problems. These are the natural herbs which are used for the treatment of hair fall in Ayurveda. Along with these some specially prepared medicines are also available which the mixture of different ingredients is.
Any of the natural or specially prepared medicines can give amazing results and you can get rid of hair fall issues. But before using any of the remedies consultation of the expert Ayurvedic physician is suggested for the safe and harms fewer results.
Do you feel bloated like a whale? Do you have a burning sensation in your stomach that makes you want to bend over constantly? This inflammation of your stomach could be caused by a number of reasons. One of the most common scenarios can be that you may have had a little too much to drink the last night, eaten too much spicy food or just eaten something that may have inflamed your stomach. Worry not, because you can treat your stomach inflammation easily with these quick fixes.
Here are a few home remedies that can help:
- Probiotics: Ever wondered why your grandmother told you to eat a bowl of curd if your stomach was out? Because, curd is rich in probiotics and probiotics are known to introduce good bacteria to your digestive system and help improve digestion. They also aid in regulating bowel movements and speed up the healing process. Apart from curd, foods such as kefir, Kimchi, and kombucha are also rich in probiotics and can help relieve stomach inflammation to a great extent.
- Green tea: Amongst other things green tea also helps soothe your digestive system. It also improves digestion. Studies have shown that drinking a cup of warm green tea even just once a week can make a significant difference for gastritis patients. To improve the taste, you can add a spoonful of honey to the tea, as honey also has a number of potential health benefits for your digestive system.
- Eat smaller meals: Eating heavy meals with large gaps between them can be one of the major causes of stomach inflammation. So, if you’ve been suffering from recurring gastritis attacks, consider eating smaller meals with shorter gaps between them. Also, pay attention to what you’re eating, avoid foods that make you feel bloated and are difficult to digest. If you do not know what foods trigger such a response, start maintaining a food journal. This will help you in identifying the foods that don’t suit your digestive system.
- Garlic Extract: Garlic has a number of health benefits. This herb is also great for an upset stomach. Garlic extract can help remove H. pylori from your stomach. This is the strain of bacteria most commonly responsible for stomach inflammation. In order to get the maximum benefit crush a few pods of raw garlic, extract its juice and drink a teaspoon of it. Alternatively, you can buy garlic extract from an Ayurvedic store for the same purpose.
- Ginger: Ginger also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help treat stomach inflammation. To benefit from this chew a piece of raw ginger followed by a glass of water. Alternatively, boil a piece of ginger with water and milk; drink this tea to get relief from inflammation.
Though most may not admit, all women have hair on their face and body. It is often masked by home remedies or clever make up tricks or frequent visits to the beauty salon. If you see a sudden spike in coarse or dark hair, especially on your face, it can be an embarrassing social condition. Here are some insights into the condition and what you can do to get rid of it.
Blame it on your hormones:
In most cases, you can easily blame this condition on your hormones. Male hormones called androgens are responsible for the development of certain 'manly' features like deepening of voice or production of sperm. And the one hormone behind all this is called testosterone.
But women produce testosterone too- albeit in smaller quantities. If, for some reason, this hormone's level increases in women, it leads to increased sex drive, irregular menstrual cycle and yes, excessive facial and body hair.
One of the main causes of high levels of male sex hormones in premenopausal women is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), a condition which causes cysts to grow around the edge of the ovaries (the organs which produce eggs and sex hormones). PCOS also results in excessive hair growth, acne and weight gain.
Some women are stuck with this condition in the post menopause stage too, when the hormonal imbalance fails to rectify itself after menopause has passed.
Besides blaming it all on the hormones, here are some other causes you can explore:
a) Being obese (weight gain is a side effect of PCOS too, so this is a slightly tricky one)
b) Side effects from blood pressure medication
c) Hereditary condition: Blame your genes
d) Cushing's Syndrome or Acromegaly - rare hormonal disorders
e) An Ovarian tumor
Usually, cosmetic remedies are enough to get rid of unwanted or excess hair. So you may not have to go out of your way to handle this problem unless you have a special case. Most cases can be treated with
a) Shaving: Not the most womanly thing to do, but it is quick and easy. Mind the stubble between the shaves
b) Waxing: This is a pretty much standard procedure
c) Bleaching: Can work for areas you don't want to shave
d) Hair removal creams: Try and test out to see which one suits you
e) Laser treatment: A powerful beam of single color light is used to destroy the hair from its root
If you are not sure what to do with an excessive facial hair problem, consult our experts today for a quick and easy remedy.
I am loosing a lot of hair ,last time when I went for a check up, Dr. said it's nutrition deficiency, I'm getting lot of gaps what to do? I want a natural treatment to regrow my hair.
When you smoke, so does your baby. If your health isn't enough to make you quit smoking, then the health of your baby should be. Smoking during pregnancy affects you and your baby's health before, during, and after your baby is born.
When you smoke you inhale poisons such as nicotine, lead, arsenic and carbon monoxide. These poisons get into the placenta, which is the tissue that connects you to your baby and sends oxygen and nutrients and eliminates wastes. Smoking significantly increases the risk of pregnancy complications, some of which can be fatal for the mother or the baby. Dangers of Smoking While Pregnant: miscarriage and stillbirth, preterm birth, low birth weight, birth defects, etc.
If you are thinking about quitting, be prepared.
1. Make a list of all the reasons and benefits of quitting. Some benefits for your baby for example, lowers the risk of your baby having health problems, etc. and some benefits for you like lowers the risk of future health problems such as heart disease, cancer, and lung problems, etc.
2. Change your daily habits. E.g. Instead of smoking when you read start drinking milk shake or eating a small healthy snack.
3. Have a strong support system. Trying to quit smoking is hard, and having a friend or family member to call when you are on the verge of taking a smoke can really help make a difference. It is also helpful if you are around others who do not smoke.
5. When you feel an urge to smoke, simply look at the list you wrote of reasons to quit.
5. Keep mints or gum (preferably sugarless) on hand for those times when you get the urge to smoke.
6. Stay active to keep your mind off smoking and help relieve tension: take a walk, exercise, read a book, or try a new hobby.
Diabetes management; move on in life
By focusing on improving lifestyle, the right treatment and some precautions you can easily set aside all your worries about diabetes management. Homeopathy is there to help you.
The word diabetes bothers us all; makes us worry about severe health conditions – from infections to amputations, and from sweet-consumption to stroke and heart attack. However, if we make the right lifestyle changes, that would not really hamper our cozy spectrum, we can easily sail through life.
To put the term in simple words: diabetes is nothing but a condition caused by elevated sugar levels due to deficiency in the insulin production or absorption in our body.
Many factors like lifestyle, the lack of exercise, diet, genetics, among others, may lead to either of the three types of diabetes; Type 1 or Type 2 or gestational diabetes. We must focus on managing diabetes in the best possible way.
Your body tells you
You should check for a few simple signs and symptoms for early detection of diabetes. Thirst and dry mouth along with tiredness, fatigue and irritability are a few primary symptoms. You may feel an increased urge for urination, especially, more often during the night. The other symptoms are sudden changes in weight, increased urge to eat sweets, blurred vision, headache and nausea, and skin problems like itchiness and frequent boils.
Understand your tests
Basis these symptoms if you investigate, and if you fasting blood sugar levels (BSL) are between 110mg/dL- 126mg/dL then you have impaired fasting glucose. But if it goes beyond 126mg/dL then you are considered to be diabetic. Post glucose intake of 75 gm, the BSL between 140mg/dL- 199mg/dL is considered to be signaling impaired glucose tolerance and above 200mg/dL is considered diabetic. The normal blood sugar levels in 12 hour fasting are 70 mg/dL to 110 mg/dL and for a post-meal blood glucose level the range is 100 mg/dL to 140 mg/dL In recent times, however, HbA1C levels are given more importance by the doctors, and HbA1C equal to or more than 6.5% are also considered as diagnostic for diabetes.
Examining concerns through the homeopathic window
Homeopathic medicines are never generic. Depending upon your lifestyle a personalized medicine is prepared to control the blood sugar levels. Also, prior to the medicine preparation and selection, a detailed case study of the patient is conducted so that one can have a medicine that will suit his/her lifestyle along with controlled BSL. Use of specific remedies for immediate reduction of high BSL is done by medicines like Phosphoric acid, Natrum phos, Abroma, Syzigium.
Wiping away skin issues
Itchiness and eruptions are common among diabetic patients. A patient comes with a trouble dealing with itchiness and eruptions around groin area. After initial treatment, the eruptions reduced but were not completely cured. After more examination, It was realized that it was a case of Tibea cruris ( fungal infection of the groin area). The high BSL was the reason for these eruptions and itching. Medicine is prescribed to resolve skin complaints and high blood sugar levels. After three weeks the skin issues were cured. After a month the BSL was normal as well.
Controlling blood sugar levels and hypothyroidism
Higher BSL during pregnancy is called gestational diabetes; the BSL is normal pre-pregnancy among these women. Pregnant at 34, patient was diagnosed with gestational diabetes along with hypothyroidism. Post delivery patient complained of urinary infection. Despite exercising regularly and following a diet regimen, and regular intake of medicines patient failed to reduce weight and could not resolve the issues of high BSL. She was then prescribed a medicine to resolve the infection. Considering her schedule, height, and weight I prepared a diet plan for her which led to a loss of 6 kg in three months along with stable BSL and thyroid levels after a span of four weeks. She still monitors her BSL and thyroid levels; all under control with the help of the prescribed homeopathic medicines.
Be careful with future complications
Initially, diabetes may not have a profound effect on your health but as time passes, and especially if it is not managed well, diabetes can result in a range of health complications. You can still alter your present diabetic conditions to avoid complications, which are:
Diabetic retinopathy: A common cause of blindness in the age group 35-60. Can be avoided if you keep a constant check on BSL and go for fundoscopic screening for your eyes. Homeopathic remedies like Tarantula Cubensis and Aurum met are helpful to treat this.
Diabetic nephropathy: This is a diabetic complication wherein the patient suffers from an impaired kidney function along with loss of protein from the urine. The primary symptom is experiencing an increased urge for urination. This follows with nausea, vomiting, tiredness, facial puffiness and swelling on the feet. The homeopathic remedies are Urea Pura, Ampelopsis Quinfolia Apis Mel, Spongia and Lactic acid.
Diabetic neuropathy: High BSL causes injury to the blood vessels supplying nerves leading to tingling and numbness, pain, abnormal sensation to body part, erectile dysfunction and loss of bladder control. Homeopathic remedies like Pumbum met, Hypericum, Secale cor are helpful to aid diabetic nephropathy.
Diabetic foot: The peripheral arteries and nerves around the foot get affected leading to poor blood circulation along with impaired sensation. This would lead to a non healing wound which may further result into gangrene if proper and immediate care is not taken. The homeopathic remedies are Gun powder, Arsenicum Alb and Staphylococcicum.
Walk an extra mile
If you decide to completely rely on medicines without taking extra efforts then you are heading towards the wrong direction. Medicines help in controlling blood sugar levels only if the intake is supported with a particular routine or minor changes in the daily habits and lifestyle. Some of those easy yet important things you must do to help in controlling the sugar levels are:
Regular exercise should include a combination of cardio exercises like a 45-minute brisk walk along with muscle strengthening exercises.
Weight loss helps to repair the metabolic disorder.
Follow a low carbohydrate diet and shift towards high protein and high fiber foods.
Performing yogasanas like mandukasana (frog pose) is beneficial in controlling BSL.