Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Vishwas ClinicYour feedback matters!
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine.
There are various kinds of skin diseases such as eczema, allergic dermatitis, vitiligo, psoriasis, herpes which cause rashes along with violent itching, which becomes worse by scratching. It occurs as a result of getting rid of some poison in the system, either congenital or acquired. Skin problems can be local or can spread throughout the body. These occur due to infection, heat, immune system disorder, allergies due to elastic, rubber products, detergents, dust, etc., food allergies, menstruation, hereditary issues and many other factors. Homeopathy has proved very effective in such skin diseases, as it cures the basic cause of the same by studying not only the skin type, but also the genetic and immune system factors of the patient.
Following are some useful homeopathic medicines for skin diseases:
- Rhus Toxicodendron: This is very helpful for eczema where the skin is covered with numerous vesicular eruptions accompanied by violent itching, swelling, tingling, etc. which increase during night time and cold weather.
- Graphites: These treat common skin problems like dry and itchy skin, cracked corners of eyes and mouth, scruffy eruptions on the scalp, face, bends of joints, between fingers and behind the ears.
- Pulsatilla: Mostly a remedy for female related skin issues such as rashes due to profuse or scanty menses, gastric or uterine problems, nettle rashes and also acne which increase during winter.
- Sepia: This is the best medicine for herpes, which cures symptoms like dry skin at first, followed by release of moist discharge leading to brownish, liver or yellow spots. It is also helpful for eczema and psoriasis.
- Sulphur: The exact skin remedy for soreness and itching in the folds of the skin, roughness, coarseness and burning sensation due to washing. It is also useful for itching in the scalp, hair fall, deficient growth of nails, acne, psoriasis and eczema.
- Nitricum Acidum: This medicine is useful for treating ulcers in mouth, tongue or genital tracts that bleed easily and other physical irritabilities.
- Thuja Occidentalis: Effective for warts, acne, scaly patches and age spots.
Above all, it is mandatory to visit a homeopathic doctor before intake of the medicines mentioned above.
Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD) is a name given to a range or spectrum of disorders characterised by various symptoms, skills and levels of disability. It is generally diagnosed within the first two years of a person’s life. Children with autism have delayed milestones, including delayed speech, sense of balance, and inconsistent or no eye contact. Children with ASD also develop limited skills in activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, and toileting.
A major characteristic of autism is impairment in social functioning, as autism affects the ability to communicate, interact and respond in appropriate ways, thereby impairing social skills significantly. The unusual behaviour and response could be in the form of repetition of phrases or words, unusual tones and facial expressions, and inappropriate display of emotions.
There is no cure for autism as established by medical science. However, there are medications available to manage and treat various linked problems and medical issues like hyperactivity, anxiety, depression and seizures.
Management of autism is a lifelong and complex process. It is more of a journey than a destination. It is ambitious to expect quick results as no one drug or treatment can cause significant change. Treatment is often a combination of therapies and drugs. Daily care services, skill improvement and one-to-one support is extremely important in dealing with autism.
Homeopathy is seldom thought of as an alternate choice when it comes to autism. Homeopathy offers much more than one can think of; however, lack of knowledge about its vast scope and amazing benefits has limited its use among people. Research on the treatment of autism with homeopathy can come a long way, and this has already started showing positive results. Research on reversal of autism with homeopathy is also underway and would surely be a breakthrough in medical science.
Homeopathy is based on a holistic systems approach, which takes into account a constitutional picture of the person to be treated. The physical and mental makeup of each individual is different, and thus each individual responds to a problem in a different way. Homeopathic medication takes into account these differences while formulating a treatment plan. Homeopathic treatment has shown positive results for people with autism, including changes in language abilities, better eye contact, ability to focus, decreased levels of anxiety and repetitive behaviours, which has resulted in promising an overall increased level of social functioning. Homeopathic drugs like carcinosin, thuja and secretin are proven to be effective in treating many behaviors associated with autism.
Parents generally lack awareness regarding availability of this mode of treatment. Once the child is diagnosed, they panic and run to hospitals but hardly find any solutions. It is highly advisable to consult a homeopathic doctor and try out this effective and well researched course of treatment.
PCOD (Polycystic Ovary Disorder) is an issue in which a woman’s hormones are out of control. It can bring about issues with your periods and make it hard to get pregnant. PCOD or PCOS additionally may bring about undesirable changes in the way you look. In case that it is not dealt with, after some time it can cause serious medical issues, for example, diabetes and heart diseases. In PCOD, the hormones change rapidly.
The reason for PCOD is not completely seen, but rather hereditary qualities might be a reason. PCOD appears to keep running in families, so your possibility of having it is higher if other women in your family have it or have diabetes. PCOD can be passed down from either of your families’ side.
The most widely recognized clinical features are:
- Skin inflammation.
- Weight gain and problem getting thinner.
- Additional hair on the face and body. Frequently women get thicker and darker facial hair and more hair on the abdomen, stomach, and back.
- Diminishing hair on the scalp.
- Unpredictable periods. Frequently women with PCOD have less than nine periods a year. A few women have no periods. Others go through extreme bleeding.
- Infertility issues. Many women who have PCOD experience difficulty getting pregnant.
Some of the most effective and long-term treatments include:
- Normal work out and weight control are the key medicines for PCOD. Treatment can lessen uncontrollable symptoms and stop the long-term medical issues that come along with it.
- Try to fit in moderate movements and additionally outdoor activities regularly. Taking a walk is a great exercise that a great many people can do.
- Eating healthy foods is very important. This includes heaps of vegetables, nuts, beans, and whole grains. It limits foods that are high in soaked fat, for example, meats and cheeses.
- Most women who have PCOD can benefit by shedding pounds. This can mean losing the hormones that are uncontrollable and having regular periods.
- In case that you smoke, consider stopping. Women who smoke have higher androgen levels that may add to PCOD symptoms.
- Your specialist may recommend anti-conception medication pills to decrease side effects and help you have consistent menstrual cycles or infertility medication in the case that you are experiencing difficulty getting pregnant.
- Aerobic exercises, jogging, walking for 1 hr. daily to be added.
It is important to see your specialist for the follow-up to ensure that treatment is working and to change it if necessary. You may likewise require normal tests to check for diabetes, hypertension, and other conceivable issues. It might take a while for medicines to help with the symptoms, for example, facial hair or skin break out. You can use over-the-counter or physician endorsed pharmaceuticals for skin break out.
While you are in bed with your partner, the worst thing you can do is turn them off by doing things which aren’t required. The bedroom blunders can keep your partner from attaining orgasms or having a healthy sexual experience. Here are few mistakes to avoid in bed:
- Do not forget to kiss: You might not be doing this on purpose, but not kissing your partner while trying to maintain a certain position can lead dip in the arousal levels. Thus, you should make an effort to kiss your partner during the intercourse as it adds to the experience greatly.
- Don’t fake it: Research says that over 50% women fake orgasms during sexual intercourse. This isn’t blasphemy but isn’t a great idea either because your partner will believe that he is doing all the right things. Thus, the scope of improvement in your sex routine will be restricted. Instead, be honest with your partner and tell him what you really need in bed.
- Silence isn’t golden during sex: It isn’t necessary to moan and scream during sex but refrain from being silent. Talk dirty to your partner and whisper naughty things into his ear during sex to turn the two of you on. If you remain quiet, the whole process will feel unnerving and unrewarding. Remember, positive reinforcement counts.
- It is a sin expecting sex to be like porn: Expecting your intercourse to be like a porn movie is a completely unrealistic demand. You cannot expect your partner to change positions at a 0.01 second notice and copy every position you’ve seen in porn. The porn stars are trained people who know their profession. Instead, you should develop your own thing which takes your comfort and arousal levels into consideration.
- Ignoring certain parts: Other than the stimulation points such as the C-spot and the penis, both the partners should also focus on arousing different pleasure points. Try licking the thighs, kissing the neck and stroking the sack for a heightened stimulation. Ignoring these parts will only result your partner in being partially stimulated.
Are you losing your sight day by day? Does it make difficult to see you at night? Is this the onset of Blindness? Get to know about Retinitis Pigmentosa with these tips.
What actually is Retinitis Pigmentosa?
Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP) refers to a group of diseases, which causes a slow, but progressive vision loss. It is a genetic disorder that affects the ability to respond to light.This inherited disease causes a slow loss of vision, beginning with decreased night vision and loss of peripheral (side) vision and eventually results in blindness.
Causes: Retinitis pigmentosa is often hereditary (runs in families). If you or your partner has retinitis pigmentosa, there may be up to a 50 percent chance that you will pass it on to your children. Ask your ophthalmologist about genetic counseling if you are planning to have children.
- Slow loss of vision
- Beginning of decreased night vision
- Loss of peripheral vision
- Difficulty in identifying colours
Diagnosis: If you have poor night vision or a loss of side vision or if there is a history of retinitis pigmentosa in your family, your ophthalmologist will conduct a comprehensive eye exam to determine if you have retinitis pigmentosa. Your ophthalmologist will dilate your eyes to look at the back of them for signs of disease.
Treatment: Currently there is no known cure for retinitis pigmentosa. However, research has shown that vitamin A palmitate may slow the progression of certain forms of RP. Your ophthalmologist can advise you about the risks and benefits of vitamin A palmitate and how much you can safely take. Taking too much vitamin A palmitate can be toxic, and evidence of vitamin A palmitate effect on RP progression is not substantial.
Another recommendation for slowing vision loss from RP is to wear sunglasses to protect your retina from harmful ultraviolet (UV) light.
Retinal prosthesis is also an important area of exploration because the prosthesis, a man-made device intended to replace a damaged body part, can be designed to take over the function of the lost photoreceptors by electrically stimulating the remaining healthy cells of the retina.
Sleep-Wake Disorder is a very uncommon syndrome which causes irregular sleeping patterns without any real schedule.
Persons with brain malfunctioning and those who do not have a regular routine during the day experience such disorders. People with changing work shifts often experience such disorder. Also, travellers who often move from one country to another with different time zones may also have these symptoms.
There's no cure for this disorder, but treatments, including hormones, medicine, and light therapy, can help get you closer to a normal sleeping pattern.
Symptoms may include any of the following:
- Sleeping or napping more than usual during the day
- Trouble falling asleep and staying asleep at night
- Waking up often during the night
Exams and Tests
A person must have at least three abnormal sleep-wake episodes during a 24-hour period to be diagnosed with this problem. The time between each such episode varies from 1 to 4 hours. The doctor may advise you to go ahead with a device called actigraph in case the diagnosis is unclear. The device looks like a wristwatch, and it can tell when a person is sleeping or awake.
Though there is no simple cure for irregular sleep-wake syndrome, however, several therapies and lifestyle changes may help a person return to a normal sleep-wake cycle. These include:
- A regular daytime schedule of activities and mealtimes need to be fixed.
- You should not stay in bed during the day for long.
- Use bright light therapy in the morning like those from computer screens and television. The period of exposure should also be increased. Exposure to blue light should be minimized at night.
- You should take melatonin at bedtime. This is a hormone that controls the sleep-wake cycle. By taking doses at the right times, you might be able to shift your body clock earlier or later.
- Make sure to make the room dark, quiet, and as comfortable as possible at night.
- Also one should try to minimize the amount of noise in the sleep environment.
- Add more structure to the patient’s day by scheduling social interaction, exercise, and other activities.
- Your doctor may prescribe drug to control the timing of the sleep-wake cycle.
Finally, you should take proper care of yourself. Make positive changes in your lifestyle. You can even ask your boss to make your work schedule a bit flexible.
The ultimate goal of these lifestyle changes is to help the person sleep longer at night and make him feel active and awake during the day. Most people have sleep disturbances on occasion. But you need to see your doctor if such sleep disorders occur regularly.