Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Asthma Management Program
Treatment Of Restenosis
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Universal HospitalYour feedback matters!
What is allergic rhinitis?
Allergic rhinitis is defined as allergic symptoms in the nasal passage. Allergic rhinitis can be seasonal (occurring during specific seasons) or perennial (occurring year round). The allergens that most commonly cause seasonal allergic rhinitis include pollens from trees, grasses and weeds, as well as spores from fungi and moulds. The allergens that most commonly cause perennial allergic rhinitis are house dust mites, cockroaches, animal dander and fungi or moulds. Perennial allergic rhinitis tends to be more difficult to treat.
How does allergic rhinitis occur ?
This condition occurs when allergens (allergy- causing substances) come into contact with the nose, and usually also the ears, sinuses, and the throat. When allergens come in contact with the lining of the nose and sinuses, they trigger the cells to release the chemical histamine, which causes the allergy symptoms described below.
What are the symptoms ?
- Nasal congestion
- Watery " runny nose"
- Itchy eyes,nose,or throat
- Puffy eyes or 'allergic shiners'
- Post nasal drip
These symptoms may occur during a certain season or year long. They can occur at any age.
Risk factors for allergic rhinitis
Allergies can affect anyone, but you’re more likely to develop allergic rhinitis if your family has a history of allergies. Some external factors can trigger or worsen this condition, including:
- cigarette smoke
- cold temperatures
- air pollution
- wood smoke
Ayurvedic concept of rhinitis:
As per Ayurveda, Allergic rhinitis is compared with Vata- Kaphaja pratishaya. The concept of Ama, Asatmya and virudh aahara also predict the allergic conditions.
Ama is the product of impaired digestion and metabolism. It affects Rasa and Rakta Dhatu leading to manifestation of Pratishyaya. Wrong food combinations (Virudh aahar) having antagonist properties like fish with milk, fruit juice with milk, clarified butter with honey, ice cream after night meals, etc. leads to allergy.
Ayurveda believes in balancing the three doshas present in the human body, thus treating the disease on the whole. Treatment involves clearing the sinuses and expelling phlegm, alleviating the relevant dosha and detoxification. To permanently resolve this disorder, dietary and lifestyle adjustments may be necessary in addition to the strengthening of the immune system. Panchakarma is an effective means of treating Allergic Rhinitis.
Ayurvedic treatment for allergic rhinitis:
- If the symptoms are severe and in chronic conditions, Vamana Panchakarma treatment, followed by Virechana is administered. This helps to relieve Ama and balance Tridosha.
- In some cases, where the patient has normal digestion strength, Nasya treatment (nasal drops therapy) is administered with herbal oils such as Anu taila or Shadbindu Taila.
- After the above Panchakarma treatments, Ayurvedic medicines are administered to improve respiratory immunity and strength of upper respiratory tract.
Useful Ayurvedic medicines in treating allergic rhinitis:
- Nimbarajanyadi tablet – Contains neem and turmeric as main ingredients.
- Chavikasavam – Fermented Ayurvedic liquid, also used in urinary tract disorders.
- Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras – Also useful in the treatment of skin diseases, diabetes, Sinus, non healing wounds, etc.
Other medicines: Narada lakshmi vilas rasa, Anand bhairava rasa, tribhuvan kirti rasa, shringarabharaka rasa, Mayur shringa bhasma, Abhraka bhasma, Lavangadi pills, Sitopaladi choorna, Marichayadi yoga, vyoshadi pills, Khadiradi pills are suggested.
- Take – Light food, lukewarm water, Kapha nashaka foods like little spicy food, saindhav salt, legumes, soups etc.
- Avoid – heavy food, fermented food, congestive food, too hot or too cold food, soar food, non vegetarian food, sweets, banana, curd, yogurt, ice creams, deserts, cakes, yellow grams, etc.
- Avoid Alcohol and cold beverages.
There are many food items which would become stale after a few hours, but there are certain foods which may last forever without the need to can them or freeze or dehydrate. If an individual is new to the field of food storage, these staples can be an excellent way to begin.
- White rice: There are numerous researchers who have found that polished or white rice keeps up their nutrient content and flavour for almost 30 years if it can be stored in oxygen-free containers in temperatures that range below 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Brown rice, on the other hand, doesn’t last more than six months owing to the availability of natural oils in the bran layer.
- Honey: Honey is preferably the only food that would last forever due to the perfect chemistry and the handiwork of the bees. The nectar extracted from the flower gets mixed with the enzymes present in the bees’ bodies which alter the composition of the nectar. The nectar is further broken down into simple sugars and is accumulated in the honeycombs. The processing, as well as sealing of the honey, is primarily responsible for the incredible shelf life.
- Salt: Since sodium chloride is a mineral which is taken from the natural components of the earth, its shelf-life should come as a natural consequence. It is used for centuries as a means of preserving other food products as it can extract out all the moisture. But this doesn’t indicate that the table salt would last forever. Experts say that the addition of the iodine to the table salt reduces the shelf life of the salt which means that if the label says that it is an iodized salt, it will not last over five years.
- Soy sauce: When left unopened, a container filled with soya sauce would last for a significantly long period. But it is also dependent on the type of soy sauce and the additives used. Even if the soy sauce has been opened, this salty condiment will last for many years if stored in the refrigerator.
- Sugar: Quite similar to many items, the storage process of the sugar determines whether the sugar is going to last for long or not. Granulated and powdered sugar must be kept under an airtight condition to steer clear of moisture. Although retailers are needed to provide the manufacturing dates of the sugar, manufacturers say that the sugar remains edible even if it has hardened and become brown.
- Pure maple syrup: Pure maple syrup, as well as commercial sugars such as granular sugars and honey, has an irresistible life owing to its shield against any kinds of microbial growth. Unopened maple syrup shall last forever, and in case there is the formation of mould, boiling it to a certain degree and skimming the surface and ultimately pouring it to a clean and air-tight container would eliminate all the problems.
- Clarified butter: This kind of butter is boiled unless the total moisture is extracted, which is the reason that it doesn’t go bad. As long as the clarified butter or ghee is stored in sealed container under cool temperature, it would last for about 100 years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am very shy for asking this question but I have to know. Its sexual problem. I am 24 years old I been doing masturbation by hand for over 5 years 3 years actively after 3/5/7 days. I can not marry now present situation bad. How will it cause damage to my daily life and future sex life. I want so many babies. I have no physical problem. And I never touched a women. So my questions are 1.should I stop masturbation manually? 2.if I stop masturbation should I marry soon? 3.will it effect my sperm count if I masturbate 2 times a week? 4.my penis size is not growing (5.2/3 inch) is it for masturbation? 5.can I increase my penis size? 6.do I have chance of sexual disease due to masturbation? Please reply thanks thanks thanks.
Hello doctors What the symptoms is this? I feel like my body is warm like fever but no fever and mostly time my heads pains and feel stiffness and tired ness in body and feel soreness in throat and now feel pain in throat in end where collar bones join while drinking eating.
I have some secret problem. My mother and father did sex daily at night .my parents room was behind me .my mom is 35 years old. I had seen them everyday. First day when I saw them .after this I was attracted by my mother. My penis is erected when I see her. This is very shame for me .please help me.
How much will it cost for the circumcision surgery. Do I need to take bed rest or else from the next day itself I can do all my works normally. Pls do reply me doctor.
Hello, I am having a bit dizziness and a slight stomach and chest pain. When I eat something my stomach gets very tight. I did one vomit last night and having loose motion too. Can you please suggest correct guidelines. Thanks.
I am suffering for constipation and I try all churna but that working only temporary so what can I do. I take gomutra ark or not.
Some sticky colourless fluid coming after completion of bowel movement from penis its not coming during the bowel movement but only after the bowel movement I did not do any kind of sex yet now also my urine reports are normal please assist whats that? I do not have itching burning.
Kindly guide me Is circumcision depend on every individuals condition of tight foreskin or is it the same with everyone. Can not this issue resolve with small cut.
I am always feeling lower abdomen pain and diarrhea type loose motion at 7 am to 10 am. Some fingers are also paining. All my tests and ct scans are ok. This week I am continuously releasing bad flatulence. Medicine taken domperidone and pantoprazole and ofloxacin. But not healing properly.
Hi, I'm 30 male, today I got semen analysis done which shows pus cells 6-8/Hpf. My wife got pregnant this year in January but last week we came to know kid is not growing so probable miscarriage. I want to ask can pus cells 6-8 Hpf lead to miscarriage after pregnancy. Also kindly suggest medic for reducing pus cells Rest of the report parameters are Volume 3 ml A) Total sperm count - 35 million/ml B) Progressive motile - 40% C) non progressive motile - 20% D) immotile - 40% E) no RBC F) No Epilical cell Regards Ashim.
If is ok if I do not masturbate after watching porn videos. I want to stop masturbation forever days y I want to like dat is it ok to not masturbate after watching porn. After watching porn some liquid coming out through penis. Will I get any problem in future because of that?
Voice results from the air that comes out of the lungs and passes through the vocal cords. The latter is also known as the voice box. Speech results from the vibration of the chords. Voice disorder might occur for various reasons such as tone, pitch, and volume of the if the voice. The roots of all problems boil down to the malfunctioning of the cords.
Voice disorder examples:
- Laryngitis: Laryngitis results from the swelling of the vocal cords. It can lead to a temporary halt of voice or a voice with hoarseness. It often occurs due to a viral attack in the respiratory tract. It can last from a few days to a few weeks. The treatment suggested for cases like these include resting the voice and intake of a lot of fluids. Some common causes that are responsible for laryngitis are GERD, chronic cough, and asthma.
- Vocal cord paralysis: Paralysis of the vocal cord can be temporary or permanent. The possible cause of this scenario can be from viral infection, cancer, surgical injury to the nerve etc. In the case of a paralysis of the vocal cord, a person might find difficulty in breathing, can result in weak voice etc. While this condition improves for many people with voice therapy and surgery, for some they permanently lose their ability to speak.
- Spasmodic dysphonia: The vocal cord spasm due to a problem with the nerve. This condition can lead to a quivery, hoarse, groaning or jerky voice. In this condition, a person might find it easy to speak at times and have difficulty in speaking later. Botulinum toxin and speech therapy help to improve this condition.
Possible causes of voice disorders:
- Growth: Extra tissue formation on the vocal cords might stop the vocal cords to work properly leading to voice disorders. The growth can be treated with injection, medicine or surgery.
- Swelling and inflammation: Exposure to chemicals, vocal and alcohol abuse, surgery-related complications can lead to inflammation or swelling of the vocal cords resulting in voice-related problems.
- Hormone: Disorder of the male, female and thyroid hormone can lead to voice related disorders affecting speech.
Symptoms of voice disorders:
- The harshness of the voice
- Voice is breathy, weak and whispery
- The voice sounds like choppy or strained
- A quivering sound while speaking
- The voice sounds harsh or rough while speaking
Diagnosis of Voice related disorders:
Voice related disorders can be detected through a process known as Laryngoscopy. This helps a doctor to view the throat region and find out the possible culprit that may be causing the problem. Some other popular methods are stroboscopy, EMG and imaging tests such as MRI and X-Ray of the throat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a speech-therapist.
1. Fizzy drinks: Many people often choose fizzy drinks over health drinks (milk, smoothies, yogurts, fruit juices). Such drinks contain phosphoric acid which increases the resorption of bone calcium, and its excretion through urine. Switching to healthier drinks will be beneficial.
2. Alcohol: Excessive intake of alcohol not only interferes with the functioning of the pancreas, but also decreases the absorption of calcium and vitamin d which affects the bone health. Alcohol affects the bone-forming cells “osteoblasts”, increasing the risk of osteoporosis in later life. Research suggests that alcohol decreases oestrogen levels in females, which slow the bone remodelling process. Giving up on drinking will help in rapid bone recovery. Limiting your intake may also be useful.
3. Caffeine: Beverages like coffee, energy drinks, soft drinks contain caffeine. Caffeine leads to resorption of calcium from the bone. Tea contains some amount of caffeine, but the flavonoids in tea help in increasing the bone mineral density. Limiting your caffeine containing beverages may be of help. Adding milk to your coffee will also help in reducing bone–sapping effects.
4. Salt: According to some studies, 40 mg of calcium is excreted through urine with an intake of 1 tsp salt (2,300 mg sodium). In a study conducted on post menopausal women, it was found that women who consumed a high-sodium diet lost more bone minerals in comparison to those who didn’t. Nowadays where consumption of processed foods is high, we must not forget that a majority of these foods contain high levels of sodium. Hence, reducing the intake of table salt is very important. One can also increase the intake of potassium rich foods like tomatoes, banana, coconut water to balance the blood sodium levels.
5. Hydrogenated fats: The process of hydrogenation of vegetable oils leads to destruction of the vitamin K thus altering bone health. Vitamin K is known to facilitate calcium absorption. Vitamin K, being a fat soluble vitamin, is present in good amount in canola and olive oil. Green leafy vegetables are also good sources of vitamin K.
6. Vitamin A: A study conducted by swedish researchers and published in the new england journal of medicine has found that excessive intake of vitamin a can affect bone health. It increases a person’s risk of bone fracture by as much as seven times. According to researchers, the findings explain the high rates of hip fractures in scandinavia and the united states where the use of vitamin supplements and vitamin a fortification is common. However, vitamin A is still important in small doses. You can opt for low fat or non fat dairy products, and consume egg whites for this, since egg yolks are rich in vitamin A.