Salicylic Peel Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstruction of Smile Procedures
Revlite Laser Procedure
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Pityriasis Rosea Treatment
Ear Reconstruction Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Earlobe Correction Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Chin Reduction Treatment
Chemical Peel Treatment
Fat Injections (Transplant) Procedure
Submit a review for Orbit Super Speciality Hospital & Accident CentreYour feedback matters!
Possibly the most common skin problem in the world, acne is the inflammation of the skin pores when excess oil and dead skin cells clog them. Acne can manifest in many forms such as blackheads and whiteheads, and papules among others. More than the acne, the scars they leave behind tend to cause the most grief as they look quite unsightly. There are multiple modern dermatological treatments which can help you resolve this problem. Some of the treatments that are commonly used are mentioned below –
Chemical Peels: This is one of the most common methods used for the treatment of acne scars. Specially mixed chemical formulations are used to dissolve away the top layer of the skin which contains most of the scars. Once the top layer goes away, the new layer of skin which regenerates doesn’t have the scars.
Light Therapies and Laser Treatments: There are many types of laser and light therapies which use a focused light to burn away the top layer of the skin to regenerate it and reduce the scar. Certain specialized lasers use high-intensity pulses to treat raised acne scars specifically.
Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion: One of the most popular and commonly found treatments, is dermabrasion. This method uses an electrical machine that removes the top layer of skin which is akin to sanding. However, this is a fairly invasive option and will require some time for recovery. A less invasive procedure is microdermabrasion which uses finer instruments for this purpose and tends to have lesser downtime.
Dermal Filler Injections: These injections are used to plump up certain areas of skin which need to be treated. Most of them work on the principle of boosting collagen which is responsible for healing the skin. Once boosted, collagen works to fill gaps and regenerate new skin. However, most of these are temporary and only last for about a year or so.
Incisions Under the Skin: Sub-cision or subcutaneous incision uses a tuned surgical probe to separate the scar tissues of acne from the normal skin. This will result in the skin to rise and thus flatten the dent of the acne scar.
Autologous Fat Transfer: A form of therapy which is becoming popular very quickly, this method uses fat taken from one area of your body and injected into the scar area. This results in raising the depressed areas of the skin and flattening the scars. However, fat is easily absorbed within the body and thus the effect may diminish within some time. You may be needed to redo the procedure over regular periods.
Cryotherapy: The area around the scar is frozen in a targeted manner which results in the scar tissue falling over and exposing newer skin which is smooth and devoid of scarring.
Topical Creams: These are the most commonly available over the counter solutions for acne scars which help reduce their appearance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Warts are small fleshy growths on human skin, which can happen anywhere over the body and are usually harmless, although they could be unsightly and if growing in certain areas, may be painful. Genital warts belong to that variety. Most warts are caused by human Papilloma virus (HPV) and genital warts are no different.
Causes of Genital warts:
Genital warts are usually contracted during sexual intercourse. During intercourse, tearing of skin and contact with an infected individual will pass of the virus to another person. This is how HPV is transmitted, which may result in genital warts. Other than being unsightly, genital warts can be painful if they are in position when they have friction against clothing and they may also obstruct the flow of urine requiring them to be removed expediently.
Treatment of genital warts in ayurveda:
Ayurveda has some great remedies to cure this problem. Let us have a look at a few of them:
- The onion and salt mixture remedy: This natural remedy has primarily two elements, which are onion and salt. To make this mixture you slice two onions, and sprinkle them with salt before leaving them overnight. In the morning, mash the onions into a thick paste and then pass it through a filter or sieve to extract juice. Apply this juice on the warts periodically for a few weeks until they either shrivel or fall off.
- The garlic paste remedy: This is another easy remedy which if applied consistently can bring great results fairly quickly. In this method you need to take a few cloves of garlic, crush them to a paste, apply this paste on the warts, cover the affected area with a bandage and leave it for an hour. After an hour remove the bandage and wash of the area. Repeat this for a few weeks and you should see the results.
- The potato remedy: This remedy would require you to follow the steps multiple times a day. Take a potato and cut it into slices. Use these slices to rub the affected area. This has to be followed up multiple times a day, preferable at least 3 or more times. Doing this for 2 to 3 weeks will bring results where the warts will either shrink up or fall off. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Diagnosis of tuberculosis is based on a combination of clinical features, smear examination of sputum where available, tuberculin skin testing or Mantoux test, chest X-ray and Histopathologic / cytologic examination as appropriate. Common clinical features are weight loss, persistent fever and /or cough of more than 2 weeks duration and history of close contact with another Tuberculosis patient.
Mantoux test also known as Tuberculin skin test is used for the detection of infection by Mycobacterium Tuberculosis bacteria. The test consists of slowly injecting a liquid intradermally (superficially within the layers of the skin) on the forearm, leading to formation of a raised vesicle which should be easily visible to the naked eye. This liquid, used in India, is Tuberculin PPD RT 23 strain. Tuberculin is a glycerol extract of the Tuberculosis bacteria. This is one of the two WHO accepted standard tuberculins, apart from PPD-S. In India, where the prevalence of tuberculosis is high, the recommended dose of this liquid is 0.1 ml of 1 TU (TU stands for tuberculin units) .1 TU is the strength of the liquid mentioned on the vial. This liquid is usually administered by a very tiny syringe, usually of 26 gauge. (Needle diameter).
Please click on the link to watch a video demonstrating how this procedure is performed.
Test principle : The individual who has been infected with Tubercle bacilli responds with a hypersensitivity reaction at the test site in the form of induration. Induration is the palpable raised hardening of the skin, while erythema refers to redness of skin. Only induration is clinically significant and measured after 48 to 72hours following injection. Diameter of the Induration is measured by a scale in millimetres perpendicular to the long axis of the forearm.
Interpretation of the tuberculin test
- Size of induration 15 mm and above : - signifies infection with tubercle bacilli
- Size of induration 10-14 mm : - could be due to infection with tubercle bacilli, BCG induced sensitivity, or due to cross reaction with other environmental mycobacteria.
It is more likely to be attributable to infection with tubercle bacilli in case of history of contact with smear positive case of pulmonary TB, clinically confirmed TB OR X-ray consistent with active TB.
- Size of induration 5 -9 mm: usually non tuberculous in nature generally
- Size of induration <5 mm : indicates absence of any type of mycobacterial infection.
Precautions during this procedure :
- If a raised vesicle does not appear it means that the liquid has been injected too deeply, and the test should be repeated on the other arm. If the same arm is used the injection site should be should be separated at least 5 cm from the first injection site.
- Occasional patients may experience severe allergic reaction to the tuberculin PPD
- Larger the size of the induration, higher the probability of presence of infection with tubercle bacilli.
- Almost all reactions with induration more than 15 mm maybe considered attributable to infection with tubercle bacilli.
- Formation of necrosis (ulcer) at the test site, indicates high degree of tuberculin sensitivity and suggests presence of infection with tubercle bacteria.
- Tuberculin reaction may be suppressed (falsely low) in presence of immunosuppressive states. Like HIV, malnutrition, patient on steroid therapy etc.
- Mantoux test is generally not recommended for infants less than 12 weeks old. If the test turns out to be positive, then it is significant, but if the test is negative, then the test needs to be repeated again.
- The tuberculin test detects only the presence or absence of tuberculosis infection. The presence of infection is not synonymous with disease. It simply means, that even if you have tuberculosis infection in your body, as detected by positive Mantoux test, it does not mean you have active Tuberculosis in your body and require anti tuberculosis drugs in all cases. The clinician will correlate your mantoux test result with other tests ( as mentioned at the top of the blog) to give you a final picture.
- For more such interesting articles please visit my blogsite www.doctors4patients.com
एक समय था जब झुर्रियों को बुढ़ापे की निशानी माना जाता था। लेकिन, आजकल, यह आश्चर्यजनक नहीं होगा कि आप केवल 25 वर्ष के हों, तो भी यह दिखना शुरू कर दें। व्यस्त जीवनशैली, तनाव, नींद की कमी और अनुचित आहार अक्सर त्वचा का नुकसान होने के कारण होता है।
झुर्रियां पतली, सगनी त्वचा के कारण होती हैं। वे विशेष रूप से चेहरे, गर्दन, हाथों की पीछे, और अग्र-भुजाओं के शीर्ष पर दिखाई देते हैं। झुर्रियां तब होती हैं जब त्वचा के संयोजी ऊतक में कोलेजन और इलास्टिन कमजोर हो जाते हैं और टूट जाते हैं। समय से पहले या अधिक झुर्रियां अन्य कारकों जैसे सूरज की रोशनी या कठोर वातावरण, धूम्रपान, कुछ दवाओं के उपयोग, अत्यधिक तनाव, अचानक वजन घटाने, विटामिन ई की हानि, गतिहीन जीवन शैली और आनुवंशिक पूर्ववृत्ति के कारण भी हो सकती हैं।
झुर्रियों से बचाव के घरेलू उपाय
यदि आपने हाल ही में अपने चेहरे पर महीन रेखाओं पर गौर किया है या लंबे समय से उन्हें छुटकारा पाने के लिए संघर्ष कर रहे हैं, तो यहां कुछ अद्भुत घरेलू उपाय हैं जो झुर्रियों को बहुत प्रभावी ढंग से हटा सकते हैं।
1. जैतून का तेल:
जैतून का तेल आपकी त्वचा के लिए एक अद्भुत मालिश तेल है। यह एंटीऑक्सिडेंट जैसे विटामिन ए और ई, का एक अच्छा स्रोत है, जो त्वचा के लिए हानिकारक मुक्त कणों से लड़ते हैं। नियमित रूप से प्रभावित त्वचा क्षेत्र पर जैतून का तेल मालिश करना त्वचा की कोशिकाओं को मॉइस्चराइज, मरम्मत और पुनर्जीवित करेगा।
आप 1 बड़े चमच जैतून के तेल में 1/2 चम्मच कालनजी तेल को भी जोड़ सकते हैं, इसे अधिक शक्तिशाली बनाने के लिए।
मेथी के पत्ते विटामिन और खनिजों में बहुत समृद्ध हैं जो आसानी से शरीर द्वारा अवशोषित होते हैं और झुर्रियाँ और अन्य त्वचा की समस्याओं का इलाज करते हैं। ताजी मेथी के पत्तों को पीस लें, एक पेस्ट बनाने के लिए। अपने चेहरे पर पेस्ट को लागू करें और इसे रात भर छोड़ दें। सुबह इसे गुनगुने पानी से धो लें।
आप मेथी के बीज के साथ उबला हुए पानी से भी अपना चेहरा धो सकते हैं या अपनी झुर्रियों और महीन रेखाओं पर मेथी तेल लगा सकते हैं।
यह इलास्टिन के टूटने को रोकने में मदद करता है, झुर्रियां और महीन रेखाओं के मुख्य कारणों में से एक है। अदरक एंटीऑक्सिडेंट्स में समृद्ध है, इस प्रकार भी झुर्रियों को रोकने में मदद करता है। शहद की एक चम्मच के साथ कसा हुआ अदरक मिलाएं और हर सुबह इस मिश्रण को खाएं। आप अदरक और शहद वाली चाय भी पी सकते हैं।
एलोवेरा विटामिन ई का एक समृद्ध स्रोत है, जो त्वचा के लिए एक बूस्टर है। एलोवेरा एंटीऑक्सिडेंट और शोथ रोधक यौगिकों के साथ सुस्त त्वचा को भी स्वस्थ कर देता है। 1 बड़ा चमचा एलोवेरा जेल और 1 अंडे के सफेद हिस्से का उपयोग करके पेस्ट बनाएँ और इससे अपने चेहरे पर मालिश करें। इसे आधे घंटे के लिए छोड़ दें और फिर धो लें।
केले विटामिन, खनिज और एंटीऑक्सिडेंट्स में समृद्ध हैं जो झुर्रियों और महीन रेखाओं के कारणों से मुकाबला करते हैं। एक गाढ़ा पेस्ट बनाने के लिए दो केलों को कुचल दें। झुर्रीदार क्षेत्रों पर पेस्ट को लागू करें। इसे कम से कम आधे घंटे के लिए छोड़ दें और फिर इसे गुनगुने पानी से धो लें।
बादाम में विटामिन ई होता है जो त्वचा की प्राकृतिक लोच को लौटाता है। बादाम फाइबर, लोहा, जस्ता, कैल्शियम, फोलिक एसिड, और ओलिक एसिड का भी एक उत्कृष्ट स्रोत है, जो संयुक्त रूप से बुढ़ापे की प्रक्रिया में देरी कर सकते हैं और झुर्रियों का इलाज कर सकते हैं।
रात भर के लिये कच्चे दूध में कुछ बादाम सोखें। सुबह, उन्हें छील लें और पीसकर गाढ़ा पेस्ट बनायें। इसे चेहरे पर लागू करें, 15 मिनट तक सूखा दें और फिर पानी से धो लें।
अनानास में एंजाइम होते हैं जो त्वचा लोच को बढ़ावा देते हैं, त्वचा को मॉइस्चराइज करते हैं और साथ ही मृत त्वचा कोशिकाओं को खत्म करने में मदद करते हैं। यह एंटीऑक्सिडेंट, फाइबर और विटामिन में भी समृद्ध है जो त्वचा के स्वास्थ्य को बढ़ावा देते हैं।
प्रभावित त्वचा क्षेत्र पर अनानस मांस रगड़ें। आपकी त्वचा पर अनानस का पल्प लागू करें। इसे लगभग 20 मिनट तक सूखने के लिए छोड़ दें और फिर इसे धो लें।
Mujhe ye janna hai ki mere bal kafi tut rhe hai jisse sar me bal kuch kam hue hai bal na tute iske liye kuch bataye aur balo ko phir se regrow kase kare mane youtube par deka tha usme. Balayam yoga ka bataya tha ki isse hair regrow hota hai.
Hi Doctor, I'm Abinash! One of my friend told me that if I apply Beer (alcohol) on my face then it will glow and it really helps in removal of dead cells from the face. How far is it true?
An often persistent and long-lasting condition, psoriasis interferes with the life cycle of skin cells and causes them to increase rapidly on the surface of the skin. These generally appear as dry, itchy and red patches of skin having thick, silvery scales.
Psoriasis can be subdivided into the following:
- Plaque psoriasis: The most common form, characterized by dry, red skin lesions covered with silvery scales and can be seen anywhere on the body.
- Scalp psoriasis: These appear on the scalp and may extend beyond the hairline.
- Nail psoriasis: These affect the toenails and fingernails.
- Guttate psoriasis: Characterized by blister-like appearances and are stimulated by bacterial infections.
- Inverse psoriasis: Caused by fungal infections.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis: Can cover the entire body with a reddish rash that may peel.
- Pustular psoriasis: Capable of causing chills, fever and diarrhea.
The usual signs and symptoms of psoriasis include:
- Red, sensitive patches of skin
- A silvery, scaly cover
- Dry and cracked skin that may bleed when scratched or agitated
- Tiny scaling spots (witnessed in children)
- Persistent itching, soreness or burning sensation
- Ridged, thickened or pitted nails
- Stiff and swollen joints
Possible causes of psoriasis may include:
- Skin infections or strep throat infections
- Skin injuries, like cuts, bites or sunburns
- Cold weather
- Chronic alcoholism
- Certain medications such as high blood pressure medications
The following factors may further increase the risk of developing the disease:
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Family history
A few health tips for psoriasis patients:
- Maintain safer distance from the possible variables that cause or aggravate psoriasis
- Practice yoga regularly. Yoga can lessen the intensity of psoriasis.
- Avoid pricking, peeling or scratching your skin.
- Make sure to pat your skin dry after washing, and avoid rubbing vigorously with towel or any rough cloth.
- Avoid artificial cleansers and use gram flour (besan flour) instead.
- Use cotton clothes
- Avoid cold water bath or immediate cleaning up right after heavy work-out, long walks, or travel.
- Avoid food stuffs that can cause indigestion.
- Avoid excessive salty and acidic food stuffs, radish, urad dal, sesame, jaggery (gur), curds, fish and other sour food stuffs that can trigger psoriasis.
Mai 38 years old hu. Par 4 mahinose muze eka hi din blooding Hoti hai. Badame bus spot dikhate hai. Aur mere chehare me bahot sare pimals AA Gaye hai. Skin bhi dry ho gai hai. Aur pigmentation ho Gaya hai.
My Mother 40 have a black small patches on her hand in other words black circle mark on her hand please suggested her some home remedy or treatment and tell us how it come please it's your most kindness. thanks.
I am 22 years female .I'm having a severe hair loss. I'm not taking any medications. Pls suggest me some treatments.
From few months I was in a depression of my health but now I was cleared everything and because of that depression my skin became dull (I have no bad habits) now what should I do to get chubby and fair skin as I am moving to my Post graduation.
HI My 13 years old daughter having hair fall due to swimming clor8ne water and her d3 is just 5.95 and normal range is 30 and more before she is having nice strong hairs. Kindly suggest me foods supplement and medicine to increase vitamin d3.
Has your skin become dry or itchy? Has it darkened or reddened after contact with a foreign material or substance? These symptoms may indicate allergic contact dermatitis (ACD), a skin condition which is caused by an allergic reaction of the skin after coming in contact with an external material. The condition usually arises after some time of the skin coming in contact with the material.
ACD is commonly caused due to skin contact with nickel or gold jewellery, latex gloves, several chemicals present in cosmetics, perfumes and poison oak. After being exposed to a foreign substance, the body releases inflammatory chemicals, which lead to irritation and itching on the skin. The skin may become scaly, flaky, appear leathery and dry blisters may develop.
There are several ways to treat ACD. They are as follows:
- Avoiding the cause: Identification and avoidance of the allergens and irritants which cause ACD is the first step of treatment. By avoiding these allergens or reducing your exposure to them, the symptoms can be reduced.
- Emollients: Emollients offer a form of moisturizing treatment and are directly applied to the skin for reduction of water loss. A protective film covers the skin. They are efficient in treating conditions such as dry and scaly skin. There are different types of emollients.It is recommended that you apply a mix of emollients, which include an ointment for dry skin and a cream or lotion for dry skin. You should use emollients in place of soaps and should add them to your bath water as well. Make sure you use different emollients on your face, hands and body.
- Topical corticosteroids: In case your skin is severely red, inflamed or sore, a topical corticosteroid can be applied to your skin directly. This helps in reducing the inflammation quickly. Corticosteroids are different from anabolic steroids and are quite safe for the treatment of ACD. There are topical corticosteroids of different strengths and the dosage to be used depends upon the severity and location of ACD.
You may be instructed to use a strong topical corticosteroid in case of intense ACD. When the condition is mild, a weaker dosage of corticosteroid should be used. For treating contact dermatitis on the face, genitals or in the crease of the joints, a weaker dosage is used, whereas for treating it on the soles of your feet and the palms, a stronger dosage is required. Major cases of ACD go away on their own. However, when the condition is severe and the rashes are developed near the eyes or mouth, you should consult a doctor right away for proper and timely treatment.