Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Asthma Treatment & Management
Treatment Of Restenosis
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Life Care PolyclincYour feedback matters!
Fibre is crucial for proper digestion and 85 % immunity of the human body is due to digestion alone.Scientists Scientists have recently concluded after years of study that the human brain and gut are indeed connected. This leads us to the question whether we are looking after our guts to stay healthy and fit for years to come?
Consider this modern diets have left millions worldwide with deficiency of fibre. And, this is really alarming because high - fibre foods help to guard against cancer, heart disease, kidney stones, PMS, obesity and diabetes.
Fibre comes in two varieties- soluble and insoluble. Soluble fibre turns to gel in the stomach, slowing digestion, which helps lower cholesterol and blood sugar. Insoluble fibre remains untouched all the way to the large intestine aiding in proper evacuation of the GI tract. Since fibre is never absorbed into the body, you have to eat sufficient quantities of it every day. Experts suggest that you need 25-38 gm of fibre each day in your diet. But how do you get this amount?
Here is a list of 10 high- fibre foods for jacking-up fibre content
- Legumes like split peas or ‘dals’:Fibre Fibre content - 163.3 gm per cup.Eaten Eaten as a staple foodin in India, split peas are full of proteins and fibre. They can be had in soup, stewand and dal form.
- Lentils like quinoa:Fibre Fibre content - 15.6 gm per cup. They are also good sourceof of protein, iron, folate, manganeseand and phosphorous.
- Artichokes: Fibre
- Artichokes: Fibre -10.3 10.3 gm per medium vegetable.Reservoirof Reservoir of vitamins A, C, E, B, K, potassium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous, Artichokes are one of the top most high antioxidant food.
- Peas: Fibre
- Peas: Fibre - 88.8 gm per cup.They They are also filled with protein, Omega-3s, vitamins and folates and contain insoluble fibres
- Broccoli: Fibre
- Broccoli: Fibre -5.1 5.1 gm per cup.A A power packed cruciferous vegetable, full of anti-oxidants.
- Brussels sprouts:Fibre Fibre -4.1 4.1 gm per cup.Contains Contains balance of soluble and insoluble fibre apart from nutrients like vitamins C, K, B1, B2, B6, folateand and manganese.
- Oatmeal: Fibre 4
- Oatmeal: Fibre 4 gm per cup. Great for breakfast with milk!
- Flax seeds:Fibre Fibre -3 3 gm per tablespoon:Tonnes Tonnes of nutrients are packed inthe the humble flax seeds. They contain protein, thiamine, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, Omega-3 fatty acids and fibre. They reduce cholesterol and help ease symptoms of menopause.
- Avocados: Fibre
- Avocados: Fibre 67.7 gm per half fruit raw.Pack Pack withthe the goodness of vitamin C, E, B6, folate, vitamin K and potassium. Contain healthy fats that help to lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Pears: Fibre
- Pears: Fibre - 55.5 gm per medium fruit.This This fruit contains Omega-6 fatty acids which helps keep the cells in brain and nerves healthy.
Arthritis is a joint disorder featuring inflammation. A joint is an area of the body where two different bones meet. A joint in the body functions to move the body parts connected by its bones. Arthritis literally means inflammation of one or more joints.
Arthritis is frequently accompanied by joint pain. Joint pain is referred to as arthralgia. When four or more joints are involved, the arthritis is referred to as polyarthritis. When two or three joints are involved, it is referred to as oligoarthritis. When only a single joint is involved, it is referred to as monoarthritis.
Cause of arthritis
It is difficult to narrow down a single cause for it, but a combination of reasons may trigger this disease.
- Injury: A hurtful injury can cause your joint to get inflamed and may also damage the tissue around it leading to arthritis.
- Heredity factors: In many cases, the genetic make-up of an individual can also cause this.
- Diet and nutrition: Sometimes, consuming the wrong diet can cause your joint to either fall weak or affect the tissue around it. For example, sugar-rich foods are not good for your joints
- Less cartilage: Cartilage is a firm but flexible connective tissue in your joints. It protects the joints by absorbing the pressure and shock created when you move and put stress on them. A reduction in the normal amount of this cartilage tissue cause some forms of arthritis.
Symptoms of arthritis
Most common signs on the onset of this disease are stiffness, redness of the skin around a joint, pain due to inflammation, it might also affect your immune system causing a loss appetite if the disease is because of your immune system.
How can Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda can work wonders for this disease since a right combination of nourishing herbs and stable yoga postures improve your joint health for a longer time. Since the treatment is totally organic, the calcium absorption of your body is increased naturally without any side effects. Even Ayurvedic oils work well for joint pain and give you quick relief. If you have been to able to find the right treatment then Ayurveda is for you.
In the realm of ayurvedic medicine, ginger is considered as a wonder root. Its medicinal purposes are many and it never fails to heal some of the most common to the more serious diseases. Ginger can be consumed raw, with other foods, or in a paste form. It is regularly used in most of the dishes that you consume on a daily basis because of its medicinal values. Here are some of the most important values that ginger has, due to which it is considered to be one of the most cherished remedy in ayurveda.
Anti-histamine properties: often people get allergies to dust, pollens, dirt, and other impurities in the air. These allergies can be prolonged and the person suffers a lot. When you experience a bout of allergy, it is best to consume ginger in any form. Its anti -histamine properties help in reducing the allergic reaction and relieve the patient of the sufferings.
Stimulates digestion: ginger is a regular herb used in every meal - mostly in the form of paste and at times as chopped pieces. This is because it aids the release of bile juices from the gall bladder, which in turn promotes smooth digestion.
Cancer: according to the researches carried out at michigan university, it has been concluded that ginger powder has the ability to kill many cancer-causing cells. It is specially recommended to be consumed by medical practitioners if you suffer from lung, prostate, ovarian, and breast cancer.
Morning sickness: at times, you experience morning sickness with a heavy head and a bout of nausea. This mostly occurs when you are pregnant. In such circumstances, consuming ginger provides the necessary vitamin b6 to your body. This helps you to stabilise your condition in the morning and reduce weakness, laziness, and nausea.
Inflammation: ginger root has anti-inflammatory properties, which help in reducing inflammation of any kind in the body. This means that whenever you have any kind of inflammation, you are asked to consume ginger so that the swelling and pain subsides to a considerable amount.
Menstrual cramps: cramps are very common in women during their menstruation. To reduce the pain and cramps, ginger tea is often given to them. It is said that consuming ginger regularly during periods helps in reducing the pain and cramps that are associated with it.
In a gist, these are some of the essential qualities of ginger. These are the reasons as to why ginger is often consumed daily and seen as a home remedy as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult our herbal experts.
The relationship is a tricky aspect of one's life and if things go wrong it can devastate us and if a relationship is right, it can bless us with a wonderful life partner.
As easy as it is to shrug it off and blame it on the other person, there are certain things everyone needs to accomplish in their own life before they can be a good partner.
1. Get involved for the right reasons
One of the simplest questions to ask yourself is why you want a relationship in the first place? Is it because you really like this person, or are you trying to distract yourself from other problems?
Sometimes people, especially in young age, people enter into a relationship for all the wrong reasons, like starting a new relationship only because all of your friends are dating someone and being with someone just makes you feel secure with a partner rather than for the feelings you have for that particular person.
So the first thing you should do is to progress consciously and understand if the reasons are right to go in for a relationship. Then visualize if you want to grow old with the person or if you are looking for a life partner.
2. Avoid sex as a medium to gain intimacy
A lot of time people tend to begin a relationship with sex believing that it will eventually lead to a more emotionally intimate or a committed relationship. Research shows relationships that start with sex before emotional intimacy, typically fails to become committed unions.
3. Leave the Past in the Past
Everyone has had things happened to them that they would rather forget, but not everyone can shrug it off. Memories only become baggage if you dwell on them and refuse to move on. Learn to let go of the people who are no longer in your life and forget the ones who let you down. Move on and set your sight on the horizon.
4. Learn to Accept Other People
One of the toughest things you learn in life is that other people don’t exist to fulfil all your expectations. Accept other people for who they are and learn to embrace their flaws. A good relationship is one where both people can feel comfortable and at home. Judging people is a great way to get them headed towards the door.
My new born not gaining much weight, doctor asked to give top feed, after top feed 2 times a day 90 ml, weight gain is around 20 gms per day, now doctor has asked to give 60 ml after each breast feed. She has vomited twice after doing so. She is 3.3 kg after one month, birth weight was 3.125. Baby is active and has no other issues apart from weight gain. Should we give so much top feed? Is it safe for baby?
Summer vacations are great. Everyone waits eagerly for a vacation to get a break from their daily lives and relax. Vacation means no limits and no barriers. People tend to have the time of their lives during a summer vacation. This may sometimes result in weight gain, as some people forget about a healthy diet while on a vacation and indulge in exotic food excessively.
Here are five tips to avoid gaining weight while you are on your summer vacation.
- Carry healthy snacks: Instead of consuming fast food and food from the hotel vending machine, it is advisable that you carry healthy, nutritious snacks with you. Avoid eating potato chips and other fried snacks. Instead, carry protein bars with you to meet your snack requirements. You can also bring little bags of nuts, dried fruits and fresh fruits like apples, bananas or grapes. Keep the snacks near you and have them in small amounts frequently.
- Choose wisely at meal buffets: While on a summer vacation, the wide range of food items in the hotel’s breakfast or lunch buffet is sure to tempt you. You will find amazing and irresistible food items all around you. However, you should eat strategically instead of indulging in everything. Too much food can make you tired, and you may not want to go out and would rather feel like resting in the hotel room. While selecting from the buffet food items, include exotic foods as well as healthy foods to stay fit.
- Working out: While on a vacation, you do not have to work out rigorously, but some form of daily exercise is necessary. In case your vacation spot is in an isolated area without any gym facility, you should plan ahead and carry some workout equipments with you. You can work out for some short amount of time in your hotel room or even outside with devices such as a jump rope. Practicing pushups, crunches and lunges can also be effective.
- Utilize the hotel’s facilities: Most modern hotels have a multi-gym with great equipments to work out. These gyms are open 24 hours a day in most hotels, and you can choose your most convenient time to work out and burn some calories at the gym.
- Exercise with your family: During a summer vacation, planning outings and outdoor activities is a good way to keep in shape. You can go for biking trips with your family or can take a hike along beautiful roads, hills or woods. Any place you visit, try to walk around and explore.
Vacations are meant to have fun and eat good food. However, you should restrict yourself a bit regarding food and try to work out a little while on vacation to avoid gaining weight.
I have my lower body heavier than my upper body. My thighs and hips are way bulkier than my upper body. I am doing squats and lunges but nothing is helping much. Could you please advice if I should go for dieting? And if yes what should be my focus so that fat does not get deposited to my thigh and hip area?
I am male, is there any problem if I marry my father's sisters daughter.is there is any problem in future related to pregnancy ?
It's been a years since my 2nd delivery. But still I look like 5 months pregnant. Please advise to get rid of this mummy tummy. :(
I'M on diet for weight loss & I eat only salad in dinner so can I eat a boiled egg with salad in dinner every day?
Know how Holistic approach helps to treat individuals as a separate entity