Doctor in Dr Kaushik B.Patel's Ayurvedic Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr Kaushik B.Patel's Ayurvedic ClinicYour feedback matters!
हमारे शरीर में कई तरह की बीमारियाँ होती रहती हैं. इनमें कुछ तो आसानी से ठीक हो जाती हैं वहीं कुछ बेहद मुश्किलें लाने वाली होती है. फेफड़ों में पानी का भरना भी गंभीर बीमारियों का ही लक्षण है. छाती के अंदर फेफड़े के चारों ओर पानी के जमाव को ही हम मेडिकल भाषा में ‘प्ल्यूरल इफ्यूजन’ या ‘हाइड्रोथोरेक्स’ के नाम से जानते हैं. लकिन जब पानी की जगह खून का जमाव होने लगता है तो इसे हम ‘हीमोथोरेक्स’ कहते हैं. यहाँ कई बार ‘लिम्फ’ नामक तरल पदार्थ का भी जमाव हो जाता तब इसे ‘काइलोथोरेक्स’ कहते हैं. आपको बता दें कि फेफड़े के ऊपरी सतह से रिसते पानी को सोखने की क्षमता होती है. इस वजह से पानी रिसने सोखने के बीच एक संतुलन बना रहता है. लकिन कई बार फेफड़े के ऊपरी सतह से पानी रिसने की मात्रा अचानक बहुत बढ़ जाती है तब यह सूक्ष्म संतुलन बिगड़ जाता है. इसलिए फेफड़े के चारों ओर छाती के अन्दर पानी या तरल पदार्थ इकट्ठा होने लगता है. हमारे यहाँ फेफड़ों में पानी भरने का सबसे अहम कारण है टीबी का इन्फेक्शन है. यदि समय रहते टीबी इन्फेक्शन वाले पीले पानी के जमाव को रोका नहीं गया तो फेफड़े के नष्ट होने के साथ गंभीर परिणाम भुगतने पड़ सकते हैं. आइए हम फेफड़ों में पानी भरने के कारणों पर विचार करें.
1. न्यूमोनिया के कारण
न्युमोनिया एक ऐसी बिमारी है जिसमें सांस लेने में समस्या आने लगती है. इसके पीछे के कारणों में भी छाती में पानी इकट्ठा होना हो सकता है. इसके कारण इकट्ठा हुआ पानी जल्दी मवाद यानी पस में परिवर्तित हो जाता है. जी कि बेहद गंभीर समस्या है.
2. कैंसर की वजह से
फेफड़ों में पानी भरने का अपने देश में मुख्य कारण कैंसर भी हो सकता है. छाती में कैंसर की वजह से पानी जमा होने में तीन तरह के कैंसर- फेफड़े, ब्रेस्ट का कैंसर और गिल्टी का कैंसर हो सकता है. जाहिर है कैंसर भी गंभीर बीमारी ही है.
3. ट्यूमर भी हो सकता है
कई मरीजों में ट्यूमर के कारण भी उनकेफे फेफड़ों में पानी भरने की समस्या देखी गई है. कुछ मरीजों में छाती के अन्दरूनी दीवार का ट्यूमर यानी मीजोथीलियोमा भी जिम्मेदार होता है. ट्यूमर की समस्या को ठीक से दूर करना बेहद आवश्यक है नहीं तो ये जानलेवा भी हो सकता है.
4. अन्य कारण भी हो सकते हैं
इन सभी कारणों के अलावा भी कई ऐसे कारण हो सकते हैं जिनकी वजह से फेफड़ों में पानी भरने की समस्या देखी जा सकती है. इनके अलावा दूसरे अन्य कारण भी छाती में पानी के जमाव के होते हैं जैसे जिगर की बीमारी यानी लिवर सिरोसिस, पेट में पानी यानी असाइटिस, या दिल की बीमारी.
5. फेफड़ों में पानी भरने के लक्षण
जब आपके फेफड़ों में पानी का भराव होता है तब इसके लक्षणों के रूप में बुखार जो पसीने के साथ प्रतिदिन शाम को तेज़ हो जाए, वज़न में गिरावट, सांस फूलना या सांस लेते वक्त छाती में दर्द होना,बलगम का आना, शरीर को हिलाने में छाती में गढ़ गढ़ की आवाज़ होना या फिर छाती में भारीपन का अहसास होने लगता है.
फेफड़े में इकट्ठे पानी को ऐसे ही छोड़ देना नुकसानदायक है. समय बीतते पानी के चारों ओर झिल्ली का निर्माण हो जाता है. यह झिल्ली एक तरफ तो पानी को सोखने नहीं देती है तो दूसरी तरफ निकट स्थित फेफड़े के हिस्से को दबाती है जिससे फेफड़े की कार्यप्रणाली में बाधा पड़ती है. कभी-कभी पानी मवाद यानी पस में परिवर्तित हो जाता है. कैंसर के मरीजों में छाती से पानी एक बार निकलवा देने के बावजूद भी बार बार पानी भर जाता है. इसके लिए ‘प्ल्यूरोडेसिस’ नामक विधि का सहारा लिया जाता है, जिसमें छाती के अन्दर एक विशेष दवा डाली जाती है जो छाती के अन्दर की दोनों दीवारों को आपस में चिपकाने में मदद करती है जिससे दुबारा पानी इकट्ठा होने की जगह ही रहे.
Hair and scalp health are closely interlinked with each other. A healthy scalp is an indicator of healthy hair, thus, focus on improving the scalp condition. Usually scalp is either dry or oily, both the conditions in excess is bad. Problems in the hair is a sign of dosha imbalance in the body, so various remedies may be adhered to so that the imbalance is corrected.
Ayurveda, being a holistic method of treatment, has a beneficial effect on the body. Ayurveda has the following remedies to improve scalp and hair health:
- Diet: Diet plays an important role in the health of your scalp. The foods you eat is an indicator of your hair health. Avoid eating junk foods as these foods results in accumulation of toxins in the body. Include leafy vegetables and fruits in your diet as they contain antioxidants which are good for your skin health.
- Keep your scalp clean: Use an herbal shampoo to cleanse your hair on a regular basis, followed by an herbal conditioner to retain the moisture in your hair. The shampoo should contain herbal ingredients such as neem and shikhakai as they have anti-bacterial properties. Make sure to wash your hair every alternate day, as excessive washing may lead to an oily scalp.
- Massage your scalp: Massaging your scalp improves blood circulation in your scalp, and also assists in dissipating stress from your scalp. The oil nourishes the scalp and helps in improving the quality of your hair.
- Sleep: Quality sleep is as important for hair as your diet. Make sure you get 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep to revitalize your body.
- Herbs: Apart from the above-mentioned remedies, you may also use herbs like methi. Methi has certain properties that make it a very effective remedy for hair growth. You may apply methi paste on your hair before shampooing. Aloevera is another herb that is very good for your hair and skin health. You may consume it or apply it on the hair to avail its benefits.
- Not to wash your hair alternate days and leave it without applying oil.
- Plastic combs are not good as they get charged due to friction and pull the hair, so apply coconut oil daily to smoothly comb the hair and wash hair twice a week.
Awareness is the key to catch it early and reduce the risks associated.
- Scoliosis is an abnormal sideways curve in the spine. Normally the spine has a straight alignment when seen from the front or back. A sideways curve in the spine can develop due to a various reasons at different stages of growth. As the spine grows taller, there is a tendency for the curves to worsen and can become severe by the time the kid reaches skeletal maturity.
- The curve in the spine is associated with rotation of the spinal column to one side. As the ribs attached to the spine rotate along with it, it leads to a rib hump in the back on one side and prominence of chest wall in the front on the other side. A curve in the lower spine leads to asymmetry in the waist lines. It is usually the rib hump or asymmetrical waist line that brings the problem to notice, usually at a time when the kid is growing rapidly.
- Severe curves distort the chest cavity and reduce the space available for the lungs, thereby reducing the breathing capacity, especially if the scoliosis starts before 5 years of age (early onset scoliosis). This is known to significantly reduce life expectancy due to failure of lung and heart function over the years. In some with severe curves, the spinal cord function may get affected leading to progressive weakness in lower limbs and eventually loss of ability to walk. But the most common and important complaint with scoliosis is the cosmetic appearance and related problems. The social stigma and misconceptions associated with these deformities is often the reason for the parents not seeking medical opinion earlier. The child may suffer low confidence due to self perceived defective body image, affecting their performance in studies and sports.
- Common cause of scoliosis in infants and toddlers is a bony defect in the spine resulting in asymmetrical growth in both sides of the spine leading to a rapidly worsening curve (known as Congenital scoliosis). A bony defect during development of skeleton in the womb or during growth after birth is usually associated with birth defects in other systems like heart, kidneys and other bones and can be detected at or soon after birth. In some, it is a nerve or muscle disorder leading to muscle imbalance resulting in a curve in the spine (known as Neuromuscular scoliosis, for example: Poliomyelitis, cerebral palsy). But majority of scoliosis that is noticed in second decade of life has no known cause and is called Idiopathic scoliosis.
- Treatment options include serial observations, spinal braces, and surgical correction of the deformity depending on various factors in each individual patient.
- But the most important factor that may help reduce the severity of the problem is early detection and treatment. The risks involved in surgical correction of a severe curve are much more than in a smaller curve detected much earlier. Newer techniques like growing rods can be used in those with early onset scoliosis to prevent compromise of lung and heart function while allowing the spine to grow in a better alignment. Consult a Spine specialist if you notice any suspicious curve / asymmetry in the back in your kid.
How can I reduce my weight? Which type of food I prefer? Now I am on 79 kg, I want to 68 kg. Is this possible?
Dietary problems are a bunch of conditions portrayed by strange dietary patterns. These may include either lack of appetite or extreme food intake to the depletion of a person’s physical and emotional well-being. The two major kinds of eating disorders are as follows:
Anorexia nervosa: A mental dietary problem wherein the person does not eat enough, regardless of the amount of appetite they have. He or she, in the long run, loses enough weight to wind up being skinny.
Bulimia: Bulimia, also known as bulimia nervosa, is a condition wherein a person has an urge of binge eating and has a constant craving for consuming food. It is then followed by vomiting that is self-induced or done by using laxatives.
However, there are certain homeopathic cures for these mental eating disorders. These must be prescribed by a doctor before intake. The cures are as follows:
- Ars: Some people are extremely cautious about germs and dirt. Their anorexia is combined with the fear of being poisoned. They dread that they will catch certain diseases, so they starve. Ars, short for arsenic album, is the best homeopathic cure for this.
- Carc: It is helpful for people who suffer from obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). They dread getting extremely fat and give into their fears that are usually related to weight gain. They suffer from constant sleep deprivation and are compulsive workers.
- Hyos: Anorexia, in addition to craziness, madness, and the fear of being harmed, could give rise to neurotic desires, excessive worrying about one’s weight and stressing over getting fat. All these can be treated with Hyos.
- Ign: The fear of getting to be distinctly fat, loss of control of feelings, and blacking out can all be treated with this medicine. People suffering from these conditions are enormously dissatisfied and this is usually related to their weight.
- Nat-mur: This is the most frequently used cure for anorexia. Fear of being rejected, harmed, and being exceptionally reluctant are certain traits of people who require this cure. This can also be the solution for dry lips, dry skin and loss of appetite, which is caused by compulsive eating and the fear of getting fat.
- Phos-acid: This helps people who are miserable with loss of hunger and tend to starve after which they get indifferent to all feelings and foods.
- Plat: It is useful for people who are obsessed with their appearance and fear getting fat.
- Puls: For those who have a feeling of uselessness and depression, this is a good medicine. They have a fear of gaining weight, and even if they eat a single biscuit, they fear they have gained weight.
- Sep: People who have anorexia, in addition to hormonal issues, queasiness, inability to smell, are usually suitable for this type of cure. They are disgusted by most of foods and their hormones cause lack of appetite.
- Staph: People who feel upset all the time are given this cure. They have a deep feeling of uselessness and depression and are even self-destructive.
Laparoscopy is an advanced surgical technique that is often used to find out and treat any abnormalities or a myriad of medical complications such as an infection, ectopic pregnancy (a condition where the embryo attaches itself to an organ other than the uterus), cyst, fibroids, endometriosis, or pelvic inflammatory disease. Laparoscopy comes in handy in the case of an accident or an injury where it helps in the detection of any damages to the internal organs. There are instances where laparoscopy is even used in a biopsy (to collect the tissue sample).
The technique involves a small incision, often in the belly, through which a lighted tube, called a laparoscope, is inserted into the abdomen to analyze or treat the problem. The technique is quite hassle-free, causing minimum discomfort to the patient. In fact, there are so many associated benefits that more and more people are choosing laparoscopy over other surgical techniques and open surgery. In this regard, some of the advantages of laparoscopy that deserves a special mention are as follows:
- Involves a smaller incision: Most of the surgical procedures, including open surgery, can be quite messy. The laparoscopic technique is simple, minimally invasive, and involves an incision which is 1.2 inch or less.
- Quick recovery with lesser chances of an infection: In surgeries involving a large cut, there is a high probability of infection at the incision site, leading to complications and delaying the recovery and healing process. In laparoscopy, with a small incision, chances of an infection or associated complications are almost negligible. An infection-free surgery will heal at a faster rate, ensuring a quick recovery.
- The USP of Laparoscopy lies in the fact that the procedure is less painful (since the procedure involves a small cut with reduced loss of blood) as compared to many of the other surgical techniques. In some of the surgeries (including an open surgery), there may be profuse bleeding with the patient even requiring a blood transfusion. Such complications are unheard of in the case of a Laparoscopic surgery. In fact, patients undergoing a laparoscopy are often required to spend a lesser time in the hospital.
- Negligible chances of a wrong diagnosis: PCOS or endometriosis can be a contributing factor, triggering infertility in women. In females with fertility issues, an accurate diagnosis can go a long way to treat the condition better. The symptoms and complications associated with PCO or endometriosis can be alleviated if diagnosed early and accurately. Laparoscopy, in the majority of the cases, ensures an accurate diagnosis, making the treatment effective.
Most of the surgical treatments such as an open surgery can leave a huge hole in your pocket. Laparoscopy, though effective, is not very expensive, making it a highly affordable surgical treatment.
Laparoscopic Surgery for Gastrointestinal Problems
The Laparoscopy surgery is often advised to treat a myriad of gastrointestinal problems such as Diverticulitis, Crohn's disease, Familial polyposis, Colorectal Cancer, Ulcerative Colitis. The Laparoscopy surgery may also be helpful in the case of severe constipation, bowel incontinence (a condition where a person fails to control the bowel movements) or a rectal prolapse.
As with most laparoscopic surgeries, the procedure involves the surgeon to make few (usually 3 and more) incisions in the abdomen. With the stomach inflated with carbon dioxide gas (to view the diseased organs better), a laparoscope and the surgical instruments are then placed into the stomach via the incisions to perform the surgery. The different laparoscopic surgeries of the intestine to treat the gastrointestinal disorders include:
- Abdominoperineal Resection: In people with cancer affecting the anus or the lower part of the rectum, a surgeon may perform the Abdominoperineal Resection to get rid of the rectum, anus as well as the sigmoid colon. With the removal of the rectum and the anus, the surgeon creates a colostomy (an arrangement to connect the healthy end of the colon to the anterior wall of the abdomen through an incision) to eliminate the waste and the fecal matter out of the body.
- Proctosigmoidectomy: In people suffering from Diverticulitis (an inflammation or infection of the diverticula) and polyps (both cancerous as well nonmalignant growths), a Proctosigmoidectomy may be carried out to excise (complete or partial removal depending on the severity of the case) the affected part of the sigmoid colon or the rectum.
- Total abdominal colectomy: This laparoscopic surgery is used to treat conditions of Crohn's disease (an inflammatory bowel disease that causes abdominal pain and a host of associated symptoms), Ulcerative colitis (severe inflammation of the colon), or Familial polyposis (a condition that triggers the formation of many colon polyps). Total abdominal colectomy involves the surgical removal of the large intestine (usually from lower part of the ileum to the rectum which is then followed by the stitching the end of the ileum and the rectum together).
- Right colectomy: As the name suggests, Right Colectomy, also termed as Ileocolectomy involves the surgical removal of the right side of the colon or the large intestine. The excision also includes the end part of the small intestine (attached to the right side of the colon). The Right Colectomy is used to treat cancer, the symptoms associated with Crohn's disease as well as the polyps.
- Rectopexy: In the case of a rectal prolapse, where the rectum protrudes out of its original place, a rectopexy goes a long way to stitch the rectum to its original position.
- Total proctocolectomy: This is a laparoscopic surgery to remove the large intestine, the rectum and the anus (the anus may or not be removed depending on the severity). People with inflammatory problems of the colon such as Crohn's disease or Ulcerative colitis benefit immensely from total proctocolectomy. The surgery may be followed by a temporary ileostomy (in the case the anus is removed or damaged, a permanent ileostomy may be needed) to eliminate the wastes out of the body.