Ayurveda is a renowned life science that has been credited with changing lives since ancient times. Not only can it prevent diseases and ailments, but it can also cure them with its combination of herbal medication, everyday routine and yogic poses. Weight management is a field that also enjoys various Ayurvedic remedies. Some of them are as follows.
- Herbs: Herbs are a way of healing used by Ayurveda, and the use of various herbs can help in hastening the metabolism for healthy weight management.
- Taste: Ayurveda recognizes six distinct tastes that should be incorporated into one's daily diet. These tastes include salty, pungent, sour, sweet, bitter and finally, astringent. Each of these tastes has several properties that balance the various hormones and health factors in one's body. These tastes form the various counterpoints to alleviate all kinds of health problems, which finally help in effective weight management. Also, one must eat all the seasonal fruits and vegetables to keep the body and hormones in good balance.
- Exercise: While a daily routine of exercise is a must in any life science, Ayurveda too propagates the devotion of at least 45 minutes to one hour towards some form of exercise. Walking is said to be the most important and effective forms of exercise, followed by several yoga poses that can help in better weight management. Also, as per Ayurveda, it is important to move after each and every meal, so that a routine of eating and activity is built into the system.
- Sleep: Ayurveda recognizes sleep or rest as one of the most important aspects of a healthy lifestyle. While good eating habits and exercise form one side of it, sleep or rest completes the triangle. One can also practice the Savasana or resting pose for a period of rest. And at least six to seven hours of sleep is a must as per Ayurveda.
- Meditation: This practice helps in focusing on awareness which can instil the desired function like weight management in the body. Being mindful of what your body needs can also help in eating and exercising right.
Weight management is a lifelong process in Ayurveda.
My daughter start complaining knee pain at night from last fifteen days so we go to our pediatric doctor he suggests some test S.calcium Vitamin d Hb Which comes as Hb 13.3 S.calcium 10.3 Vitamin d 10.5 Otherwise she is fine walk normally no pain after pressing So he suggests vitamin d pouch once daily for 10 days Is this is very serious problem And when she can attain normal vitamin d in her body with suggested treatment.
I'M 22 years old girl my weight is jst 40 and I'm very thin. My body growth is also very slow. Now I'm looks like 15 years old girl. please help what can I do. Mjhe cough ki problem bhi hamesha rhti hai aur mai tuberculosis ki patient rah chuki hun. Help me.
Sir I am 18 years old and my height is almost 6 feet but my weight is only 52 kg and I want to gain weight can you recommended any food supplement or any diet which will help me.
I planed to take care of my health, I working in a fertilizer conveyor company, it's a port area and dusty environment, what health measures I should take, what type of workout and Which dry fruits are good to take for me.
Can we take Vita. B supplements (eg. Capsule becosules) 1 od? Or does it has side-effects for the same? Thanks.
I am only 28 but my right knee is giving me so much pain. Is a knee problem or some thing else. It is very difficult to even walk. What can I do doc?
Hello doctor, I need a detailed diet chart to gain weight. Being skinny is somewhat affect me mentally also. So please help me.
I feel so tired and weak and my sugar level is 70 I feel hungry most of the times I'm loosing weight, not remain active.
Hi sir/ma'am I'm going gym daily and want to make muscles. Please suggest me I need to eat ptotine and other supplement? Or I can make without it please answer me in details Thanks & Regards
I do care about fitness, as I play football n do some stretching as well as push ups fr maintaining fitness daily. Does smoking (twice) on "alternate" days could cause serious health issues?
Kya me aswaganda churan, satavar churan, White musli, Gokshura churan, konch beej churan sab ko mix karke le sakta hu Kya me white musli ki jagah musli pak use kar sakta hu. In dono me se kon sa best hai.
I am 22 year old. My height is 5.9 feet and my weight is not more than 55 kg. So as per BMI, my weight is not proper. So I have started eating 6 raw eggs per day (means not boiled ). This will affect my kidneys or body?
I am 34. And before one month I have got acl ligament injury. And I done acl reconstruction surgery yesterday. And today I am discharge. But the pain is too much .and no move my effected leg. What I do for this. Pl suggested for remove pain. Dr. Prescribed cefixime and diclo para tablets.
Believe me, it's so easy to pile up the kilos during winter…courtesy comforting fried foods (primarily paranthas/परांठा), sugar laden tea or coffee and even the tempting gur-gachak (गुड़गचक) and mom’s pinnies (पिन्नी).
It’s the perfect time to think about wise food choices and portion control. Winter binging may easily cost you a weight gain of three to five kilos. The main reasons for weight gain are less physical activity during winter and of course increased consumption of heavier foods.
Tips to prevent winter weight gain:
1. Get enough sun-shine
A short pre or post lunch-time walk can provide sunlight which is good for your vitamin D status.
2. Limit fatty foods
Foods such as fried snacks, puddings, pinnies and chocolates can be limited to just once or twice a week.
3. Fill yourself up with fiber
Fill your plate or tiffin with lots of filling vegetableshave soup before your dinneradd oats, barley and dals (दाल) to help keep you fuller for longer.
4. Don’t skip workouts
Don’t skip the gym. Fix days for workouts and try to follow it as well.
5. Weigh yourself every day
Get on the scale frequently to make you conscious if you are putting on weight. Maintain record of weight and inches as well.
6. Indulge in healthy drinking
Have at least 2-3 cups of green tea or green coffee. Have light soups and broths.