Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Arogyavardhini Ayurved Clinic & Panchakarma KendraYour feedback matters!
Depression is a clinical, mental, and emotional condition that may give rise to feelings of hopelessness and chronic sadness. It slows down the way people process everyday activities and leads the patient to a sense of constant gloom and doom. It is a disabling mental condition as per WHO, and may be caused due to reasons like genetics, changes in the balance of hormones, stress, grief, trauma and prolonged, chronic physical ailments. Depression is also connected with food and nutrition. Do you want to know how?
Read on to see the three ways in which food and depression are connected.
- Severity and Duration: Depression is a mental illness that signifies an imbalance in the hormones and the emotional faculties in the brain. Nutrition is the fuel that keeps the brain and body in prime working condition. When a depressive state sets in or becomes emotionally rooted, then nutritious eating and a proper diet take a back seat as the patient succumbs to a state where he or she is not concerned about the food intake. As a result, the brain and hormonal balance get further affected. This can have an adverse effect on the severity and the duration of the depressive mode, which makes it all a vicious cycle of sorts. Poor appetite, not having proper meals, skipping meals, eating junk, avoiding social settings where food will be served, and even emotional eating are all outcomes of depression too.
- Eating Disorders: Many patients who have eating disorders often experience deep rooted and chronic depression. Since despondency and hopelessness are the main characteristics of depressive behaviour, the outcome is that the patient tries to behave in a way that seeks approval. And in all this, the patient usually thinks that he or she is not 'good enough'. In such a scenario, the patient may start trying out fad diets and eventually fall prey to eating disorders like Bulimia that make the patient overeat and then vomit. These eating disorders usually come with phases of binge eating, throwing up, starving and then repeating the cycle again. Eating in secrecy is also a symptom of this condition.
- Nutrition to Fight Depression: Nutrition and proper food intake can build a sense of resilience by first of all improving the overall physical condition of the patient. This can take care of a lot of angst even as the minerals and vitamins travel to the brain for better functioning in the long run.
Ensure that you eat right as a part of your therapy for depression. This is as good as taking your medication on time!
Please tell me how to reduce my weight and how to tight my boobs because my weight is to much and my boobs is so big I want to reduce my weight and tight my boobs.
I am 23 years old and I am suffering from sore throat with tonsil swelling and pain while swallowing specially in morning. Please suggest some remedy.
I am male 28, I am facing problem of hair fall, white hair and white beard, pls help with solution, and also I have got hair in body which I am thinking to remove it s pls give solution.
I am getting too much of Flatulence in stomach with dear please suggest any medicines I am taking sompraz I but it is not ok.
I ordered a new medicine called refollium (hair supplement) which guarantees a hair growth. After receiving the medicine by courier a new message came from the refollium team says that I have to take this medicine with DHT blocker otherwise hair will not grow which they are sending me through courier and told me to have cash ready. Then I read some complaints about them that they always do like this with every customer. It looks like this is a scam. I want to know if refollium has all the ingredients which company says. Should I take the medicine to have a try. Will there be any side effects. How to trust them? Is there anybody who took this medicine and got his hair back in reality?
Hi, I am a 23 year old female. Since some time now I have dry cracked skin around my buttcrack and the skin around my anus gets a little white and moist after some time. I wash the area twice a day as it begins to smell. Please can you recommend a solution as I am embarrassed to speak to my dermatologist about this.
Hey doctor Actually I'm facing itching and hair fall problem so I visited my dermatologist he suggest me .Allegra tablets .zimig tablets .derantox tablets .androanegon tablets for 2 week and advice me to wash my hair with hairfall shampoo regularly for 2 weeks I have Dandruff all over my scalp and it's make my hair fall from root my doctor says that it will grow back nothing to worry but can anyone tell me how to make my hair strong?
I was a drugs (painkillers spasm-proxyvon caps + 1×100 ml codeine phosphate cough syrup) addicted approx 12-years, my addiction period is since 2002 to 2010,(recovery period is 3-years at middle) then 2013 to February 2017. But now I leave all of these drugs in present since 8- months. My major problems are so many:-- 1. Higher pain in all parts of body even headache. 2. Weakness, tiredness and I didn't walk for 2 to 3 minutes in road because of higher pain. 3. My sexual strength are almost damaged, my inter-course (having sex) time is just 20 to 25 seconds, (at past I was doing twice a day of masturbating, I got nightfall 4-times in a week. 4. I didn't get sleep at right time, but whenever I take sleep it will be 12 to 14 hours. 5. Having gas, constipation and the time of digestion is long that's why I didn't eat properly Doctors guide me as your own please. Help me.
I have severe neck pain right side back after I woke up its slightly increasing then I could not move my neck its killing pain I went to hospital and I took an injection and tablet then its became normal after ten day same pain I got pls give me a good suggestion.
My main issue is constant throat clearing. I have acid reflux due to hiatal hernia. But never have burning in throat or in chest so I guess its a silent acid reflux. I hve chronic constipation. I am h pylori positive. Don't have pain in any area of stomach. I always feel something stuck in pit of my stomach which lead me to clear my throat very quickly. I am taking an ayurvedic medicine after which I have noticed my symptoms are improving. I guess I am able to digest food now. Earlier I was not able to digest food at all and next morning I pass very smelly stool. My acid reflux is caused due to smoking. Sometime I feel gas pressure under left rib but no pain. I need your advise on the following things. I want to take the following medicines. please suggest how should I start: Staphisagria for acid reflux due to smoking effect. please suggest the dose like potency and before or after food Nux voice: for gas, left side hernia and thick coated tongue, gas. please advise doses Sulph acid: hetal hernia due to alcohol effect, peptic ulcer Nat phos: digestion and acid reflux please advise.
I have a scare on my left arm. How I can vanish that? Also I have no weight to my height. How can I manage my weight?
A chronic systemic disease characterized by inflammatory changes in joints & related structures that result in crippling deformities. Diseases primarily affecting the synovium & adjacent tissues.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic systemic inflammatory disorder that may affect many tissues and organs, but principally attacks the joints producing an inflammatory synovitis that often progresses to destruction of the articular cartilage and ankylosis of the joints. Rheumatoid arthritis can also produce diffuse inflammation in the lungs, pericardium, pleura, and sclera and also nodular lesions, most common in subcutaneous tissue under the skin. Although the cause of rheumatoid arthritis is unknown, autoimmunity plays a pivotal role in its chronicity and progression.
Causes of Rheumatoid Arthritis:
- Exact cause is not known.
- Evidence points to autoimmune etiology.
- Genetic predisposition common.
Signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis may include:
- Tender, warm, swollen joints
- Joint stiffness that is usually worse in the mornings and after inactivity
- Fatigue, fever and weight loss
Early rheumatoid arthritis tends to affect your smaller joints first — particularly the joints that attach your fingers to your hands and your toes to your feet.
As the disease progresses, symptoms often spread to the wrists, knees, ankles, elbows, hips and shoulders. In most cases, symptoms occur in the same joints on both sides of your body.
About 40 percent of the people who have rheumatoid arthritis also experience signs and symptoms that don't involve the joints. Rheumatoid arthritis can affect many non-joint structures, including:
- Salivary glands
- Nerve tissue
- Bone marrow
- Blood vessels
Rheumatoid arthritis signs and symptoms may vary in severity and may even come and go.Over time, rheumatoid arthritis can cause joints to deform and shift out of place.
Homeopathic Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution etc. A miasmatic tendency (predisposition/susceptibility) is also often taken into account for the treatment of chronic conditions.
In allopathy, there is no effective treatement for rheumatoid arthritis except painkillers and steroids that hampers the overall dynamic power of the body. Homoeopathy is a safe and effective alternative that targets the root cause of the problem and treats holistically.
The Scope of homeopathic treatment in rheumatoid arthritis is very favorable. But the patient needs to understand that the homeopathic system is aiming to clear out the disease from the body and not trying merely to suppress or give temporary relief. Thus it could take a while before one experiences relief. The time for its treatment is dependent on various factors- The chronicity of the disease (the duration since the disease has been in the body), genetic propensity and the extent of damage. Homoeopathy can hit the autoimmunity and starts with a better pain relief and can also help you to get rid of painkiller and if treatment continued systemically then may also help you to get rid of steroids, anti-inflammatory drugs leading to better mobility and better quality of life.
What kind of homeopathic medicines are used in treating rheumatoid arthritis and how safe are they?
Homeopathy works on the principle of ‘like cure like ‘ this in homeopathic terms means that substances which in their raw states produce symptoms similar to the disease have the potential to stimulate the body’s own restorative process for a similar illness when given in an activated dilution.
Homeopathic medicines that are used in treating rheumatoid arthritis are mainly from all plant, mineral kingdom. They are then highly diluted and succused (shaken in a specific way).These activated dilutions then stimulates our body’s own restorative systems to eradicate the disease. When rightly prescribed, they are extremely safe.
Allergies are an extreme reaction of the immune system of the body due to a hypersensitivity to foreign substances such as food, clothing, dust or pollen, among others. The reaction by the immune system may be quite damaging to your body. The allergies tend to vary vastly from one person to the other and the allergens also tend to differ. Some of the most common types of allergies commonly prevalent among the general population are – food allergies, nasal allergies, dust allergies, skin rashes due to contact with an allergen among others.
Homeopathic approach to treating allergies
Homeopathy is a symptom based medication and doesn’t only look to treat or lessen the symptoms but also cure the problems from deep down. It is also useful in relieving symptoms as well. Homeopathy takes into account not only the outward symptoms but the general physical and mental constitution of a person to prescribe the best medicine or combination of medications for you.
Some common homeopathic treatments for common allergies are mentioned below:
- Nasal allergies: One of, if not the most common form of allergic reactions, nasal allergies can be caused by a host of allergens such as dust, pollen, cloth fibers among many others. Some of the common symptoms of nasal allergies are nonstop discharge from the nose, sneezing, itching in the nose and throat, watery eyes among others. Some of the effective homeopathic medications depending on the exactness of the symptoms that may be prescribed by a doctor for your condition are Kali Bichromicum, Arsenic Album, Gelsemium and Allium Cepa. Your doctor will evaluate the exact symptoms you have and only then prescribe either one or a combination of these medications to you.
- Skin allergies These are another common form of allergies which occur on the skin, mostly due to contact with allergens. Eczema or allergic dermatitis is the most common form of skin allergies. Other problems such as hives may occur where areas of the skin start forming raised, red patches. The skin may also generally swell which can be temporarily relieved by cold compress. Some of the common medications prescribed in these cases are Sulphur, Urtica Urens and Apis Mellifica
- Food allergies: Food items are also one of the common causes behind allergies. The manifestation of food allergies may occur in four ways, which are Itchy and runny nose with discharges, runny and itchy eyes, and problems with breathing; manifestations on the skin such as hives, swelling or any other form of an itchy rash; gastric issues such as loose stools; bloating, nausea, vomiting and pain in the stomach being the most common symptoms; and some allergies may also cause the mouth, face and lips to swell as well. Some of the most common food allergens are nuts, milk and milk products, seafood, especially shellfish, eggs, wheat. The doctor will study your symptoms and disposition before deciding the best form of medication for you. Some of the common medications prescribed for food allergies depending on the type of food causing the allergies are Carbo vegetabilis, Sulphur, Nux Vomica, Urtica Urens, Lycopodium, Natrum Muriaticum and Colocynth and others
- Dust allergies: This is by far one of the most common forms of allergies and is caused due to the inhalation of dust. Common symptoms are excessive sneezing, runny and blocked nose and difficulties in breathing. Some of the commonly prescribed forms of medication for such cases are Lycopersicum, Bromium, Arsenic Album
The monsoon may be a season of joy, but it has also got equal woes. The monsoon brings a lot of health problems along with the rain and clouds. Monsoon is characterized by the thriving of numerous germs and bacteria. The increased humidity causes many disorders in the digestive system.
Keeping yourself dry from rain is not the only way to ensure good health during the monsoon season.
Here are several tips to stay healthy during the monsoon.
- Skip having outside food: Avoid street food strictly during the monsoon. Street food like pani poori, bhel poori, pakoras and other chaats may look tempting, but they may contain harmful bacteria, which might affect your digestive system. Furthermore, avoid raw food or cut fruits. All these foods may cause food poisoning. Outside water should be abstained from totally as contaminated monsoon water leads to diseases such as dysentery and cholera.
- Include vegetables in your diet: You should eat a variety of green and colored vegetables, which are nutrient rich and keep you fit during the monsoon. Wash all vegetables properly before cooking. Blanching of the vegetables disinfects them.
- Take a shower after getting wet: If you get wet in the rain, you must follow it up with a shower immediately. This washes off any infection that might have passed on from the rain. To avoid fever and cold, do not enter an air-conditioned room with wet clothes or hair.
- Try to avoid fish: During the monsoon, you should avoid consuming fish and prawns as much as possible, as they may cause infections. Monsoon is the breeding season for fish, and the infection might upset your digestion. Only eat fresh fish.
- Always stay hydrated: During the monsoon, you must drink a lot of water and keep your system clean. You may have boiled water to get rid of germs. Harmful water may cause stomach disorders. Try having different sorts of herbal tea or green tea. Avoid coffee as it dehydrates your body.
- Keep your house clean: Your house should be kept clean and pest-free during the monsoon. Check for any water clogging or leaking. Replace any rusted or broken drainpipes as they act as a breeding ground for germs and pests which cause malaria and dengue. Prevent any kind of water logging to keep mosquitoes away.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise is vital to keep yourself healthy, especially in monsoon. Since going out in the rain is impossible, work out at home. Practice yoga and free hand exercises.
Monsoon is the season of various diseases caused from germs and bacteria, which breed during this season. Take all the required precautions to keep yourself healthy during the monsoon.
Urinary incontinence is the leakage of urine or urinating involuntarily. Urine is released by a process called micturition where the detrusor muscles of the urinary bladder contract to empty the bladder. This is usually a voluntary action but when the muscular contractions become involuntary, incontinence occurs.
Urinary incontinence may be caused due to stress, pregnancy, obesity, weak pelvic muscles, alcohol intoxication or due to diseases like diabetes, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease. Children under the age of 5 experience incontinence most often. People above the age of 65 are also prone to the condition. The disorder is observed more in women than in men.
The associated conditions of urinary incontinence are:
- Infection in the urinary tract: The risk of bacterial infection is increased due to incontinence and abnormally frequent urination. If you have had an infection in the urinary tract in the past, chances are that incontinence will cause repeated or chronic infectious diseases in the tract.
- Skin diseases: The skin is constantly wet and in continual contact with nitrous urinary toxins like urea, inorganic salts and compounds. So, over time, the skin becomes red and itchy. Rashes and sores may also develop. Sometimes, when you scratch the itchy skin too much, the capillary blood vessels may break and cause a petechial rash - red and brown spots - to appear on the skin.
- Anxiety: There is a constant feeling of shame that accompanies the disorder. Urinary incontinence, which is a common symptom of many medical conditions, is often, not reported to doctors. The patient often avoids socializing due to fear of being unable to control the micturition process in a social situation.
- Depression: Urinary incontinence affects the patient's psychological health directly due to the adverse impact on his or her quality of life. The amount of sleep is often decreased as the patient is afraid of urinating while being asleep. The condition may also cause restrictions on employment and other recreational activities.
- Sexual problems: Most women suffering from urinary incontinence report decreased sexual urges, painful intercourse and are even unable to achieve orgasm in spite of responding to sexual stimulation because of urinary leakage during intercourse leading to embarrassment and withdrawal.
Conditioning Before Shampoo vs Post Shampoo - What's Ideal?
Conditioners and shampoos, you need both for an appropriate hair care regimen. Just like most other people, you might have the confusion about conditioner use - whether to use it before you shampoo your hair or when you're done with shampooing.
Read on to find out what you should be doing.
1. Hair Type: A factor that determines your use of a conditioner before you shampoo or after it depends on your hair type. For individuals who have dry or thick hair, using a conditioner after you shampoo is the most apt, especially during the winter months when complaints of flyaway hairs are very common. Conditioning before you apply shampoo to your hair is ideal if you've fine hair as it provides your hair with much needed nourishment. Additionally, it allows the shampoo to distribute evenly all over your hair.
2. Greasy Hair: Applying a conditioner before you shampoo your hair is most apt for individuals whose hair is prone to oiliness. This is because it helps you in thoroughly washing away the grease that gets build up in your hair when it's time to shampoo. The regimen of shampoo and conditioning afterwards doesn't ensure a proper elimination of the problem.
3. The Problem of Residues: If you condition your hair before shampooing, you can rest assure that no residues get left behind on the scalp. This is not the case when you condition your hair afterwards. Many a time, if you don't rinse properly residues of the conditioner used get left behind, thereby weighing down your hair.
Unless your hair is of normal texture, conditioning before shampooing can prove to be beneficial for your hair.
For glowing, bright skin, it is important that it is maintained well. The skin has multiple layers, and over a period of time, due to constant exposure to pollution and dust, the top layers become worn out and lack lustre. Once these top layers are removed, the underlying layers which are fresher can help in giving the skin a much younger and brighter look.
Microdermabrasion – What it Does?
There are tiny particles, which are abrasive in nature, which are used on the skin. These by their abrasive and cleansing nature, remove the top layers, making way for fresher skin from the subsequent layers. It is very similar to a facial, except that an instrument is used, which will generate mild heat, which helps in removing the top dead cells.
This procedure, which takes about 45 minutes, creates a gentle vacuum which removes dead cells. In addition,
- It improves circulation so that the cheeks turn rosy again
- It reduces wrinkles and fine lines that appear as part of ageing. In fact, microdermabrasion is one of the most widely used anti-ageing treatments currently.
- It improves dullness, by removing the top dead layers and provides skin with a fresh lease of life (and cells!)
- It reduces appearance of age spots which are due to increased pigmentation and makes skin even and less rough
- Reduces damage caused by the sun
- Scars (from any injury)
- Removes blackheads and whiteheads
What to Expect:
- It is usually done in the outpatient setting, and no anesthesia is required
- Any chemical treatment to the affected area should be stopped 2 days ahead
- Discuss with your doctor about your regular medications, which might require change
- Continue using the sunscreen
- Do not wear makeup on the day of the treatment
- There is heat generated during the process, so there could be redness, mild swelling, and tenderness
- After the procedure, avoid direct sun exposure for at least 2 to 3 days
- Do not use any chemicals on the area for at least 3 days
- Do not use saunas or steam for about a week
- Face should be washed multiple times, either with plain water, or with a gentle face wash
- Repeat sessions, if required, will be done after 3 to 4 weeks depending on the condition and your response
Microdermabrasion is one of the most widely used skin polishing techniques and talk to your doctor to find out if it can help bring your skin back to life!!