Submit a review for Anand ClinicYour feedback matters!
SIr/Madam, I am a dark skinned woman (26). I stay in a polluted city. I have oily skin and it looks really dull. How can I make my skin look fresh and supple? I drink enough water. What type of face wash is to be used.
Hi. I need to reduce my belly fat and side belly fat along with size of my thigh. Need your advice on that and also would like to know what is gm diet.
Infants are fed solely on breast milk. For young children, a glass of milk once or twice a day is a must. But most people have this question in mind that as you grow older, should dairy products still be a part of your diet? After all, humans are the only animals that drink milk in their adult years.
Argument in favour: Drink milk for strong bones
One of the most common reasons people still drink milk as adults is to strengthen their bones. Milk is one of the richest sources of calcium and vitamin D. Calcium is an integral part of our bones and Vitamin D helps the body absorb more calcium. If you have healthy bones, your risk of fractures is greatly reduced. One glass of milk has 30% of our daily requirements of calcium.
If you were to remove milk from your diet, it is important to substitute it with the following foods:
• Two servings of oatmeal
• Egg yolks
• Fatty fish and
• Fortified orange juice
Exposure to the sun can also give your body vitamin D, but exposing yourself to sunlight increases the risk of other conditions such as sun allergies and skin cancer.
Argument against: Giving up milk can aid in weightloss
For people who are overweight, this could help lose a few kilos. This is mainly because dairy products contain sugar and many of us flavour it with even more sugar. It can also make you feel less bloated.
- Milk is not easy to digest as when you have an upset stomach, you are advised to avoid milk. This is because it is not easy to digest. For people who are lactose intolerant, giving up milk can make digestion of others foods easier. It can also help treat irritable bowel syndrome caused by indigestion.
- Giving up milk can improve skin
- Giving up milk can also lower the frequency and intensity of acne flare-ups. Some dermatologists also say that it could help treat eczema.
- Quitting milk is not easy. After all, we consume dairy products in so many ways. We add it to our cereals, use it in sauces and what would pizza be without cheese. If you cannot avoid milk, do not add sugar to it. Also, avoid low-fat milk. However, you could find replacement such as almond milk, soy milk, and tofu. These foods are healthier and easier to digest. Instead of ice cream, you could end your meals with greek yogurt.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The first six weeks after the baby is born is termed as the postpartum period. While this is a joyous phase for a mother, it requires healing and adjustments for the mother. While the mother bonds with the baby during this period, adjusting to surroundings with the new baby can be challenging affair. The postpartum care, therefore, becomes more important. Here is a brief guideline about the essential precautions of postpartum care and its importance-
- Get as much rest as possible: Postpartum care can be demanding for a mother. Sleeping is required to beat the fatigue and tiredness during this period. The baby wakes up from the sleep every alternate hour and the mother needs to feed him. To ensure that the mother is not physically exhausted, it is important that she sleeps whenever the baby does.
- Eat healthily: Maintaining a healthy diet during the postpartum care is extremely important. Food such as whole grain, protein, fruits, and vegetables can contribute to incremental healing. If a mother is breastfeeding the baby, consumption of fluid is equally as important as a healthy diet. A good diet helps a mother to gain sufficient energy that she is burning during the initial few weeks of giving birth to the baby.
- Avoid strenuous work: Each mother should take at least 2-3 months after delivery to get back to work. If the situation arises where a mother is forced to join back her job or take up professional activities, it should be ensured that she should not take up any strenuous activities. It will not only wear her out but take a heavy toll on the mental health as well.
- Exercise: Usually a doctor suggests the right time to exercise and prescribes the right exercise that is necessary to a mother. The exercise should not be too strenuous. A quick walk around the park, brisk jogging for 10 minutes, some easy-to-follow free-hand exercises can be extremely beneficial for a mother during this stage. Exercise can keep fatigue and boredom at bay and helps a mother increase the energy levels throughout the day.
- Seek help: Postpartum depression is very common among new mothers. It often shows up during the first few weeks after giving birth. Close to 80 percent of the mother explains abrupt mood swings, irritability, restlessness, insomnia, sadness, unexplained crying etc. It makes sense to visit a doctor or seek professional help if these symptoms do not go away after a couple of weeks of giving birth to the baby. Doctors can suggest ways to get over this phase easily. If not for these symptoms, a doctor should be consulted in any which case for a span of first three months to refrain from unwanted complications.
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi initiated the Swachh Bharat Mission in 2014, it marked the beginning of the world’s largest ever sanitation drive.
Three years down the line, nearly 2.5 crore toilets were constructed in a bid to make India free of open defecation - PM Modi’s government cleanliness drive proved a tremendous success. Also, in the upcoming year, 1.5 crore more toilets will be constructed in rural areas.
However, a staggering 355 million women and girls are still waiting for a toilet; if they were all to stand in a queue, it would stretch around the Earth more than four times!” It also says that approx. 732 million Indians have no access to toilets and are thus forced to pass in the open. Still so far to go!
- Approx. 732 million Indians have no access to toilets.
- India is lagged behind by China where 343 million people are living without decent toilet and sanitation facilities.
So, Why Toilets Are Important?
- Lack of sanitation can lead to diseases which are transmitted through human waste.
- Lack of sanitation can lead to contaminated drinking water, which is again extremely dangerous.
- Lack of sanitation is costing global economic losses in developing countries.
- Unsafe sanitation carries additional risks for many women - they are more vulnerable to sexual attacks.
- Not having access to safe sanitation is also one of the top reasons why girls do not go on with schooling once they hit puberty.
What Should Be Done?
Creating awareness about basic sanitation requires a well-organised campaign with government agencies in association with NGOs, media, and many others working in tandem at the grassroots. These awareness campaigns should be intended for making a behavioural shift in the attitudes of the people at the ground level.
On World Toilet Day, let us reaffirm our commitment towards improving sanitation facilities across our planet! Let's spread the awareness about improved access to basic sanitation...
Hi I am 22 year old male. I can't sleep early at night and it takes 3 am to 4 am for me to get the sleep. Suggest me some medications for this problem.
गेहूं का इस्तेमाल पूरे भारत सहित विश्व में भी किया जाता है. यह भारत के कई स्थानों पर उगाया भी जाता है. गेहूं से कई सारी चीजें बनाई जाती हैं, जैसे की दलिया, कुकीज, रोटी, केक आदि. गेहूं को मैदा के मुकाबले ज्यादा स्वास्थ्यवर्धक भी माना गया है. इसलिए गेहूं एक बहुत ही महत्वपूर्ण खाद्य पदार्थ है. जिसे आसानी से पचाया भी जा सकता है. गेहूं में पाए जाने वाले पोषक तत्वों में फाइबर प्रोटीन कैल्शियम आदि प्रमुख हैं. अंकुरित गेहूं हमारे शरीर के उपापचय का स्तर बढ़ाने के साथ-साथ विषैले पदार्थों को निष्प्रभावी भी करता है. गेहूं के फायदों को जानने के लिए निम्नलिखित बिंदुओं पर ध्यान दें.
1. हड्डी के इलाज में
गेहूं का इस्तेमाल हड्डी दर्द के इलाज के लिए कर सकते हैं. क्योंकि गेहूं में कैल्शियम की प्रचुरता होती है. और कैल्शियम हड्डियों को मजबूत बनाने का काम करता है. इसलिए गेहूं का सेवन हड्डी दर्द के इलाज में उपयोगी साबित होता है.
2. कब्ज दूर करने में
कब्ज की समस्या से निजात पाने के लिए अंकुरित गेहूं का सेवन बहुत ही फायदेमंद साबित होता है. गेहूं में पाया जाने वाला प्रचुर मात्रा में फाइबर हमारे पेट की विभिन्न समस्याओं से छुटकारा दिलाता है. जिसमें कब्ज भी है.
3. शुगर के उपचार में
गेहूं का उपयोग हम शुगर जैसी बीमारियों के उपचार में भी करते हैं. शुगर के मरीजों के लिए गेहूं एक अच्छा खाद्य पदार्थ माना जाता है. यदि आप नियमित रूप से गेहूं का सेवन करें तो आपको शुगर की समस्या से काफी हद तक छुटकारा मिल सकता है.
4. कैंसर के उपचार में
गेहूं हमें कैंसर जैसी गंभीर बीमारियों से भी बचा सकता है. इसका कारण है, गेहूं में पाया जाने वाला विटामिन ए और फाइबर. विटामिन ए और फाइबर हमारे शरीर से कैंसर की कोशिकाओं को बढ़ने से रोकता है.
5. खून की सफाई में
गेहूं का नियमित सेवन हमें कई तरह के फायदे पहुंचाता है. यदि आप गेहूं का नियमित सेवन करें तो हमारे शरीर में रक्त की अशुद्धियां भी दूर होती है.
6. पाचन क्रिया के लिए
गेहूं के फायदे हमें पाचन क्रिया को मजबूत बनाने में भी नजर आते हैं. गेहूं में पाया जाने वाला फाइबर हमारी पाचन क्रिया को भी मजबूत बनाने का काम करता है.
7. उच्च रक्तचाप के लिए
उच्च रक्तचाप आज आम बीमारी हो गई है. यदि आप उच्च रक्तचाप की समस्या से छुटकारा पाना चाहते हैं तो आपको मैदा का त्याग करके गेहूं का सेवन करना शुरू करना चाहिए. इससे रक्तचाप को नियंत्रित रहने रखने में मदद मिलती है.
8. सांसों की बदबू दूर करने में
कई बार मुंह से अनावश्यक बदबू आनी शुरु हो जाती है. जिससे कि कई बार शर्मिंदगी का सामना करना पड़ता है. यदि आप इससे बचना चाहते हैं तो आपको गेहूं का सेवन करना शुरू करना चाहिए.
9. वजन कम करने में
मोटापा घटाने या वजन वजन कम करने में भी गेहूं की भूमिका सकारात्मक होती है. गेहूं में पाया जाने वाला फाइबर हमें बहुत देर तक भूख नहीं लगने देता है. इसके अलावा इस में पाया जाने वाला पोषक तत्व हमारे शरीर को पोषण भी देते हैं.
10. थायराइड के उपचार में
गेहूं के उपयोग से हाइपर थायराइड और हाइपो थायराइड की बीमारियों का इलाज किया जा सकता है. इसके लिए आपको अपने दिनचर्या के भोजन में गेहूं को शामिल करना चाहिए.
11. गुर्दे की पथरी में
किडनी स्टोन जिसे गुर्दे की पथरी भी कहा जाता है, के उपचार के लिए गेहूं का नियमित सेवन फायदेमंद साबित होता है. गेहूं में पाए जाने वाले तत्वों में किडनी स्टोन को गलाने की क्षमता होती है.
12. प्रोटीन के स्रोत के रूप में
गेहूं प्रोटीन का एक प्रमुख स्रोत है. विशेष रूप से अंकुरित गेहूं. यदि आप नियमित रूप से अंकुरित गेहूं का सेवन करें तो आपके शरीर में प्रोटीन की कमी का सामना कभी नहीं करना होगा.
13. खून की कमी में
कई लोगों को खून की कमी यानी कि एनीमिया हो जाती है. लेकिन गेहूं के सेवन से इसे दूर किया जा सकता है. क्योंकि गेहूं शरीर में लाल रक्त कोशिकाओं का निर्माण में मदद पहुंचाता है.
14. पाचन क्रिया को दुरुस्त करने में
गेहूं की गिनती हल्के भोजन में की जाती है. क्योंकि इसे बहुत अच्छा आसानी से बचाया जा सकता है. इसलिए गेहूं के सेवन से पाचन क्रिया को भी आराम मिलता है.
15. हृदय विकारों से बचाने में
गेहूं के सेवन से हम हृदय से संबंधित तमाम विकारों से बच सकते हैं. यदि आप नियमित रूप से गेहूं का सेवन करते हैं. तो आपका दिल स्वस्थ और मजबूत रहेगा.
Living with diabetes can be tough, the manifestation of the condition can significantly disrupt the normal routine. If you are looking at treatment options for diabetes, then know that Ayurveda can be of help, not just in managing the condition but by effectively curing it.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder where the body is unable to make the right usage of glucose because of insufficient production of insulin resulting in a high level of sugar in the blood. According to Ayurveda, diabetes is a disease in which a large quantity of turbid urine is frequently passed and can be cured using panchakarma therapy technique.
In Ayurveda, diabetes is known as 'Madhumeha' and is classified as a 'kapha' type of disorder. Ayurveda identifies 20 types of diabetes - 4 due to Vata, 6 results from Pitta, and 10 are caused by Kapha.
Factors that are often responsible for causing diabetes are excessive intake of foods which are difficult to digest, such as fried foods, creams, etc. Lack of exercise, mental stress and strain, excessive sleep, overeating and consequent obesity, excessive intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates, overloading of proteins and fats can also lead to diabetes. Hereditary factors also play role in causing diabetes.
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Blurred vision
- Excessive sweating
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive hunger
- Frequent urination in large quantity
Ayurvedic Remedies To Control Diabetes
There are several herbs which are found to be very effective in treating diabetes and lowering blood sugar level. The greatest advantage of these herbal diabetes medicine supplements are that they have no side effects. Given below is a list of some of the most effective diabetes treatment herbs-
- Bitter Gourd (Momordica charantia)
- Bael (Aegle marmelos)
- Gurmar Leaves (Gymnema sylvestrae)
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Onion (Allium cepa)
- Nayantatra (Vinca rosa)
- Neem (Azadirachtha indica)
- Garlic (Allium sativum)
- Sagar gota (Ceasalpinia crista)
The Panchakarma Therapies for Diabetes
Ayurveda attempts to identify the symptoms appropriately and then takes to prevent the disease from progressing further. The treatment procedures in Ayurveda involves the use of herbal medicines, modifications in the diet, changes in the lifestyle to a healthy one and exercise that includes yoga and pranayama. Another most crucial step is the known as the Panchakarma, a procedure to purify the body.
1. Herbal Medicines: Ayurveda uses a number of herbal medicines like madhunashini, bilva, haridra, jambhulbeej, shilajit, kutaj, shuddha guggul, tulshi andaamlaki for effectively keeping the level of sugar in the blood under control so that it does not rise further thereby preventing diabetes from worsening.
2. Panchakarma: Panchakarma is the primary purification, and the detoxification treatment carried out by Ayurveda for the cure of diabetes. The procedures used in panchakarma are, abhyanga swedan, basti, and vierchena. The diabetic patients can be highly benefitted by relaxing effects from the abhyanga therapy. It involves massage using pre-medicated herbal oils. It also helps in the reduction of stress and muscles at the same time which results in a sense of well - being. Swedan is an herbal steam bath that opens the pores for flushing out the toxins and cleansing the body through the excreted sweat by the skin.
Basti involves the cleansing of the body through the rectum by the introduction of certain medicinal oils through the anal region under the supervision of an expert. Vierchena is a specially medicated purification therapy which helps in the removal of the toxins from the body of the affected individual that are accumulated in the gallbladder and the liver.
Thus, panchakarma is extremely useful in the maintenance of the proper level of sugar in the blood and at the same time play a crucial role in the prevention of further complications of the disease.
Ayurvedic Tips for Diabetes Cure
- The bitter gourd is regarded as the best remedy for diabetes. Drinking at least one tablespoon of bitter gourd juice daily will reduce blood sugar levels in your blood and urine.
- Having bitter gourd cooked in ghee for a period of three months will bring the diabetes down by a significant amount.
- A tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice mixed with a cup of fresh bitter-gourd juice, taken daily for two months will enable the pancreas to secrete insulin.
- Drinking a glass of water with 10 tulsi leaves, 10 neem leaves and 10 belpatras early morning on an empty stomach helps in keeping sugar levels under control.
- Mix and grind seeds of Fenugreek (100 gm), turmeric (50gm), white pepper. Take one teaspoon of this powder with a glass of milk twice daily.
- Put one cup of water into a copper vessel at night, and drink the water in the morning.
- Avoid sleeping during daytime
- Avoid smoking
- Take adequate eye care
- Do exercise regularly
- Take extra care of your foot
In Ayurveda, the body is made up of three doshas - kapha, vata, pitta and gunas - rajas, tamas and satva. The various techniques that Ayurveda recommends to improve your wellbeing are -
- Meditate regularly
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Eat the largest meal during lunch
- Limit portion sizes
- Weed out negative emotions
- Limit foods that are high in sugar
- Be careful about when and how many carbohydrates you eat
- Eat a variety of whole-grain foods and vegetables every day
- Eat less fat
- Limit your use of alcohol
- Use less salt
भगन्दर(fistula in ano.)-
1.भगन्दर परिचय (introduction)-
-सामान्यतया: रोगी के द्वारा गुदा या मल द्वार से संबधित सभी रोगों को बवासीर या पाइल्स ही समझ लिया जाता है, लेकिन ये जरूरी नहीं है कि मल द्वार से संबंधित रोग पाइल्स ही हो इसमें कई और रोग भी हो सकते हैं। जिन्हें हम पाइल्स समझते हैं।
भगन्दर में रोगी के मल द्वार के चारो ओर लगभग 4 cm दूरी पर या तो एक फोडा बनता हैं या एक फुडिया बन जाती हैं जिसमें से पानी या मवाद लगातार आता रहता हैं
Fistula means reep or pipe like. It may be defined as a chronic granulating tubular tract consisting of fibrous tissues with two openings communicating between two cavities or cavity to cutaneous surface of body. Thus anal fistula has two openings, one on perianal or perineal skin surface and other in anal canal.
भगन्दर कारण (causes)-
1. Anal infection
2. अत्यधिक समय तक बैठना
3. इसके अलावा विभिन्न रोगियो पर किये गये अनुसंधान से ये पता चला हैं कि भगन्दर होने का एक प्रमुख कारण अत्यधिक समय तक दुपहिया वाहन या गाडी चलाना या उसकी सवारी करना भी होता हैं
भगन्दर के लक्षण -
1. गुदा या मल द्वार के चारो और किसी फोडे या फुडिया का बनना और उसमें से पानी या पस आना एक या अनेक छिद्र बनना
2. कभी कभी बैठने में दर्द होना
3. मल त्याग में परेशानी होना
अब तक के क्लीनिक अनुसंधान से ये पता चला हैं कि किसी भी पैथी के मेडिसिनल चिकित्सा से इसको ठीक करना असंभव हैं आयुर्वेदिय क्षार सूत्र चिकित्सा ही इसकी विश्वसनीय चिकित्सा हैं ! आइये चुने.स्वस्थ एवं आनन्दमय जीवन. एल.एन.आयुर्वेद के संग!
Getting obese and weight is increasing though doing regular walking etc .work involves late night sleep and sometimes early wakeup. Guide me for weight loss.
Having a baby is nothing less than a dream come true, but it comes with its own share of problems for new mothers. A lot of women today are opting for a C-section, or a Cesarean surgery to deliver their babies. While it is safe for most, at times certain complications can arise as a result of the operation.
As if life for mothers wasn’t tough already, post Cesarean wound infection is another concern some new mothers have to face. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection in the area where the incision was made during surgery. If you have recently had a C-section, look out for signs in the first couple of weeks such as fever (100.5ºF to 103ºF), wound sensitivity and pain in the lower abdomen area. Other symptoms include swelling at the incision point or in the legs, discharge from the wound, smelly vaginal discharges or blood clots and difficulty in passing urine. If you notice any of these signs, act fast and consult your gynaecologist at the earliest, to avoid complications from the infection.
Why does it happen?
There can be various reasons that an infection happens, just like on any other part of the body where a wound is exposed. Generally, it is more prevalent among obese or overweight women or those taking any form of steroids. Other causes include, an incision closed with staples or nylon sutures, in cases of an emergency C-section, or from an infection of the amniotic sac.
Types and Treatment
C-section wound infections are of two types that is Cellulitis or wound abscess and thrush.
- Cellulitis and wound abscesses are caused by bacteria and are treated with antibiotics. If you’re in the hospital, you will be given the antibiotics intravenously, but if not, they can be taken orally as well. In case of abscesses, the pus is first drained out and smeared with antiseptic before being covered with gauze, after which the wound will heal on its own.
- Thrush is caused by a fungal infection and is normally seen in women taking steroids or in those who have a weak immune system. Anti-fungal drugs are provided to combat the issue.
How can it be prevented?
Here are some things new moms can do to prevent the C-section wound from getting infected:
- Regular follow-up visits with your obstetrician
- Practising good hygiene and healing
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids
- Avoiding any strenuous exercises that may put pressure on the abdomen area and stitches
- Resting as much as possible
Remember, even if you do develop an infection, it can be treated if addressed in time. New mothers need to take extra care of themselves, as a healthy mom, makes a happy mom!
I am student my weight is 60 kgs. Please help me to loss my weight due to my height. Please help me?
I heard massaging body has many health benefits. .so At what time I should massage my body with oil I do gym in the morning and I heard it is good to oil massage 1 hour before bath so it is good to massage after gym workout and before taking shower.
Hello me 30 year ki women hu meri 5 year ki baby hai. Mera body fat jyada hai me slim dikhne ke like ghrelu nuskhe kya try karu? Please give me suggestion.
Cubital Tunnel Syndrome is also known as Ulnar Neuropathy, a nerve compression syndrome where the Ulnar nerve, also known as the funny bone nerve, gets compressed due to heightened pressure or stretching. It can lead to numbness or a tingling sensation in little and ring fingers, sometimes pain in forearm and an overall weakness in the hand. Ulnar nerve is one of the three main nerves in the arm. It runs in a groove on the inner side of the elbow. Since it travels through a narrow space and has very little protective tissue, the nerve is quite vulnerable to compression.
The symptoms of this condition may range from mild to severe. Some of the mild symptoms include:
- Numbness in little and ring finger as the fingers fall asleep
- A tingling sensation, usually like the pinch of pins and needles in ring and little finger
- Pain in forearm
- Weakness in the hand
- Some of the severe symptoms include:
- Reduction in overall hand grip
- A claw like deformity in hand
- Wasting of muscles of the hand
Bending elbow over a long period of time like while using cell phone or during sleep can cause ulnar nerve compression. Resting the elbow for a long period over a hard surface can also cause an irritation of the nerve, leading to such symptoms. In some cases, the nerve snaps back and forth over a bony bump, resulting in an irritated nerve. People who undertake intense physical activity, especially using their arms, are more likely to develop this problem. Eg. baseball pitchers. Apart from this, people who have suffered from a dislocated elbow or have arthritis are also at risk.
Generally, doctors diagnose this condition through the symptoms. However, nerve tests are also conducted to check the level of nerve compression. Electromyography is a procedure in which electrodes are placed on the skin and muscles to measure muscle health. Determining muscle health and level of compression helps decide the mode of treatment. Generally, the symptoms of cubital tunnel syndrome are managed through a conservative treatment. However, in cases of severe compression, surgery can be considered as an option to relieve pressure, moving nerve to the front of the elbow or removing a part of the bone.
For mild cases, a towel or a protective cover for elbow is recommended. The towel should be wrapped around the elbow loosely. An elbow splint can be worn at night to protect the elbow from being bent for long time.
How can a physical therapist help?
A physiotherapist has an essential role to play in treatment of this syndrome. A therapist can help the patient to learn ways of avoiding pressure to the nerve. After surgery, with restrictions of movement, a therapist can help achieve smooth recovery and movement of the elbow. Your physical therapist will determine the activities that bring on your symptoms. The recommendations at this point will be to avoid those activities for a time. Remember, the nerve is irritated and at times swollen. If the irritation and swelling are reduced, the symptoms should resolve.
My daughter's age is 29 years. Her face looks black due to pimples. She has been suffering from pimples on her face. My daughter consulted a Doctor who is M.D in Dermatology and also Certified Trainer in Aesthetic Medicine Cosmetology. He prescribed skin peeling along with other medicines. I want to know whether skin peeling is proper under the above circumstances and will not create any side effects
Weight loss is an issue that usually confuses a lot of people. What kind of diet should one follow? How much exercise and what kind should one indulge in? What are the other measures one can take? These are some of the questions that people usually have. While your dietary intake has a major bearing on your weight loss journey, the kind of diet you follow also makes a difference. There are many kinds of diets out there for weight loss, and one of them is a fruit diet. Is this ideal and effective? Let us find out.
- Nutrition in Fruit: While fruits have high nutrition value, they are also high in fibre and natural glucose. Fruits also have high water content which will leave you feeling full for a long time. Yet, once the effect wears off, you will end up feeling hungry and will find yourself consuming more food that is energy dense and calorific as well. Also, much of this food group has plenty of sugar which may need a balance of vegetables and grains to burn off the excess glucose.
- Sustained Weight Loss: The initial effects of a fruit diet may show you fabulous results. The fibre pushes the food through the digestive pipe faster, and you find yourself consuming more and more fruits for a slimmer waist. Yet, when it is not coupled with exercise, you may end up gaining all those kilos or pounds back once you stop the fruit diet because your body will not know what to do unless it gets that dose of fibre.
- Balanced Diet: While fruits offer you all kinds of nutrients, there is a need to turn to other food groups as well so that your body keeps its immunity in place and also gets nourished by all other food groups. As per dieticians, any diet that sticks to one food group only is known as a fad diet, which does not show sustainable results.
- Monotony: A sluggish metabolism is usually the end result of a digestive disorder or a single food diet. The same type of food is known to drive the metabolism to a state of relative complacency and it may end up slowing down to a point where you find it difficult to move those last 5 kgs or last few out pounds off of your waist.
While there are several kinds of diets that may suit several types of people and their varied bodies and metabolic rates, it is also a fact that a balanced diet is something that does wonders for your metabolism rate and keeps it going with the influx of different kinds of food.
Hair fall is a very common phenomenon that plagues millions of people around the globe. Most of us take vitamin supplements on a regular basis as it improves the health of our hair and skin. But if a balanced nutrition of vitamins, proteins, minerals and fats is required to enhance the result which can only be ensured by Cyclical Nutritional Program (Hair Fast) along with regular vitamin intake. Read on to find out how exactly do the various vitamins help your hair:
- Vitamin A: This vitamin controls the production of retinoic acid in your hair follicle. It is not only helpful for skin care but stimulates hair growth also. It is immensely fruitful in moisturizing your hair and keeping it healthy. Vitamin A is usually found in sweet potatoes, carrots, tuna, lettuce, mango, sweet red peppers, green leafy vegetables and spinach.
- Vitamin B: Variants of this, such as B12, aids in hair growth by managing stress. Vitamin B is found in fruits such as oranges, papayas, and beans.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin helps you absorb iron from the food you eat which is an absolute essential for hair growth. It also boosts the synthesis of collagen that is required to repair the damage and sustain the structure of your hair. Fruits such as papayas, guavas, lemons, sweet lime, orange, kiwi and vegetables such as broccoli, yellow bell peppers and leafy vegetables are replete with Vitamin C.
- Vitamin D: This vitamin rejuvenates the hair cells in order to form new hair shafts. Vitamin D is found in dairy products, mushrooms, soy milk, tofu and cheese. Vitamin D is also naturally made by your body when you expose your skin to the sun and is called the sunshine vitamin.
- Vitamin E: This aids in stimulating capillaries and enhancing blood circulation on the scalp. This additionally contributes to hair growth due to its high anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidant content. Certain foods loaded with Vitamin E are pumpkin, broccoli, aloe vera,olive oil, sunflower seeds, almonds, avocado, tofu and spinach.
- Vitamin B5: It is also known as Panthenol, is a vital ingredient that is used in medicines to regulate hair hall. Foods enriched with Vitamin B5 are sweet potatoes, sunflower seeds, avocados, cheese and mushrooms.
Other Ways to Help Hair
We have gone over the vitamins that may be important for the health of your hair. Besides various Vitamins, amino acids, minerals like iron, calcium, fatty acids and selective antioxidants play a significant role in hair regrowth and maintenance. Plus, lifestyle changes can help just as much. Try:
- Cutting back on gels, blow-drying, and brushing hair when wet
- Lowering your stress levels by exercising at least 30 minutes a day
- Drinking enough water, 6-8 glasses a day
- Being mindful of the foods and drinks you consume, the products you use, and the way you manage stress can all help improve the well-being of your hair.