Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Asthma Treatment & Management
Treatment Of Restenosis
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Aayush Diet ClinicYour feedback matters!
Your Egg Reserve
Ovarian Reserve Testing – AMH
Females are born with approximately 1 million eggs and this number declines with age through natural attrition and ovulation but , the rate at which a woman can ‘lose’ eggs during her reproductive life varies greatly from individual to individual .
The number of eggs remaining at a given time, in a female is her ‘ovarian reserve.’
we can now estimate your ovarian reserve with a very simple blood test, it measures a hormone known as AMH; or Anti-Mullerian hormone, which can give us a good indication of your fertility status and an estimate of your ovarian reserve.
Basis behind the test?
AMH is produced by the granulosa cells in the developing early antral follicles of the ovary and as the number of eggs decline, the number of small antral follicles also decline along with the AMH.
This means that AMH is a clinically useful measure of ovarian reserve so as an early indication of your fertility status AMH can help you decide whether to start a family sooner or later.
What if my AMH is low?
Once the ovary runs out of eggs, the body can’t produce more and often the last remaining eggs can be of lessor quality so If you’re in a relationship and have a low ovarian reserve, the best option for having children is to go ahead and try as soon as possible.
If a woman experiences premature menopause, Dr. Richika can take you through all your viable options including the use of donor eggs.
We believe that information and knowledge is power and this test is one way you can take charge of your fertility future today.
You may be at increased risk of having a low AMH if you have;
Can Use of Sunscreen Reduce Skin’s Aging?
Skin aging is a natural process. While it cannot be stopped or reversed, certain measures can certainly slow down the process of aging. One such measure is regularly using sunscreen to keep the skin protected from skin damage.
Damage caused due to exposure to the sun is the leading cause of skin aging. The harmful rays of the sun known as UVA and UVB have a tremendous impact on the health of skin and speed up the process of skin aging. It also affects those with fairer or lighter skin more due to the lack of melanin in their skin.
Regularly wearing sunscreen has proven to reduce skin aging by keeping it protected from sun damage. Studies have shown that those who inculcate a habit of wearing sunscreen at all times while stepping out during the day have younger and healthier looking skin than those who don’t. The sunscreen acts as a layer of defense against sun radiation and keeps it from causing any damage. Skin is, thus, protected from accelerated aging.
How to correctly use sunscreen to reduce skin aging
There are certain specifics that need to be kept in mind while using sunscreen in order to increase its potency. Some of these are as follows:
• The right product must be carefully chosen. It is necessary to use sunscreen that has a SPF rating of 30 or more.
• It must be applied at least 15 minutes before stepping out into the sun.
• It must be reapplied every few hours as sunscreen gets easily washed away due to sweating and exposure to moisture.
• The habit of using sunscreen must be started early, preferably from childhood.
• Sunscreen must be used even on cloudy and overcast days.
The adoption of these measures while using sunscreen has been proved effective in reducing skin aging and preventing the early formation of wrinkles, discoloration and sagging skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Does eating eggs heats the stomach if not have many can I eat I wanted to gain muscle my trainer asked me to eat the eggs as it is summer so I am asking the doubt.
Indian cuisine is diverse. There are a variety of dishes and cuisines which change every few kilometers. But while everything changes from taste to texture to color, what doesn’t drastically change is the staple such as rice or wheat. Our meals are incomplete without the consumption of either rice or chappatis. But here is the concern, more so for diabetics.
Rice and wheat flour are rich in carbohydrates, especially white rice and fine wheat flour. They break down quickly into glucose and make sugar level of the body to rise sharply. Because of this reason, they are ranked high on the Glycemic Index (GI), an index which ranks food items on the basis of their pace of breaking down into glucose. At a time when the incidence of diabetes is increasing alarmingly in India, with the country already having close to 70 million diabetics, it is important to choose food items cautiously.
The choice of Atta/rice is an important one since, being a staple, we consume them more often than other foods. A staple which can help us in releasing its sugar slowly in the system is thus highly desirable. Aashirvaad Sugar Release Control Atta is one of the many products available in the market which are low on GI and beneficial for those who want to manage their sugar levels.
Wondering why Low GI Atta is the right choice? Let us have a look at some of the benefits:
- Because the Atta is low on GI, it breaks down into sugar slowly in the body, thus helping in managing sugar levels and in maintaining a fit and active lifestyle. Aashirvaad Sugar Release Control Atta has a GI value of less than 55.
- Aashirvaad Sugar Release Control Atta is a blend of whole wheat flour, pulse and legume flours forming a unique “Natural Grain Mix”. Ingredients such as oats and methi ensure that the atta is high in protein and fibre.
- Atta does not contain any artificial ingredients.
- No difference in the taste. Chapattis, puris or paranthas made of Aashirvaad Sugar Release Control Atta taste as good as any other normal atta.
Choosing a low GI product is not only helpful for any diabetic, but also beneficial for the entire family. Mixing different grains in normal Atta is a laborious task and the resulting atta can be hard in bite and bitter in taste and thus may not be liked by all members of the family. So pick up an easily available low GI product which helps in managing diabetes.
I am very thin what should I do to make me strong and fit I don't like milk vegetables and many more I only eat potato's in vegetable So what I do?
I want to be a good personality. I mean my body is too thin. So how can gain weight. Please do the needful.
Hi doctor I am very thin. I always drink milk but I don't know that I should drink hot milk or cold milk to become fat.
Suffering fro serious thyroid, help me the diet chart, fro the same & various measures to be taken for the same.
Diagnostic tests- Females
We provide testing for fertility by all modalities ranging from reproductive hormones to diagnostic ultrasound to ascertain the cause. It is advisable that we make you undergo these tests before your final treatment/ plan of management is started.
- Blood tests – These include a whole array of blood investigation ranging from CBC , Urine routine microscopy, RBS, TSH, PROLACTIN, VDRL, HIV, HBSAG, HCV, AMH. And any other test depending on the history of the couple.
- Transvaginal ultrasound- A complete ultrasound of the uterus an adenexa is done to diagnose any anatomical disorder.
- Specific tests – In cases of recurrent implantation failure and recurrent pregnancy loss or if required other tests are also advised.
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy – For many, this test is an important part of a fertility evaluation .Laparoscopy takes place under general anaesthesia with small incisions made at or just below the navel and the pubic hairline. A laparoscope (a small-diameter telescope) is passed through the incision, which enables one to view the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus and pelvic cavity for abnormalities. We can check that the tubes are open (tubal patency) by injecting dye through the uterus and observing it spill or not through the ends of the fallopian tubes.
Hysteroscopy uses another small-diameter telescope called a hysteroscope. This enables to assess the uterine cavity for abnormalities such as polyps, adhesions or fibroids.
Hello Sir/madam I am suffering from diabetes since 9 years, I take insulin from the beginning. I just married last month My questions is -agar mere baby hota hai, to kya uska v diabetes ho sakta hai? Please tell me how much chances?
I'm suffering from over weight Is it better to follow some diet and reduce weight or exercise that reduces weight.
Whenever you peruse through snack options in a store, looking for a fulfilling yet healthy option often turns out to be really challenging. This is where you might consider nuts, such as almonds or walnuts. They are healthy snacking options with rich reserves of protein, fibre, and energy.
However, even in the choice between almonds and walnuts, there are certain things which need to be kept in mind.
- Energy content: Almonds contain 14 grams worth of fat, and 164 calories whereas walnuts contain approximately 18 grams of fat but give 185 calories. Thus, we find that walnuts contain a slightly higher amount of fat than almonds, but provide more energy in the form of calories.
- Protein content: Almonds and walnuts are both protein powerhouses - containing 13% and 9% of protein content respectively. Thus, both these nuts are great sources of protein.
- Mineral content: Both almonds and walnuts are rich in various kinds of minerals. When it comes to Iron, which is essential for muscle health and blood formation, both nuts contain very similar amounts (approx 5%). Almonds pack 19% magnesium - essential for strong bones, compared to the 11% in walnuts. Walnuts, however, have very high amounts of copper (50%) and manganese (54%) which prove to be useful in reducing symptoms of PMS as compared to almonds.
- Fibre content: Fiber,which plays a vital role in completing the process of digestion, is another component that these nuts pack healthy amounts of. Almonds contain 16% fiber whereas walnuts have 8%.
- Vitamin content: While walnuts contain 12% Vitamin B6, compared to the 3% in almonds, the real point of difference between these two highly healthy nuts is in their content of Vitamin E - essential for healthy skin and eyes. Almonds contain almost 48% of it, whereas walnuts contain only about 2% of the same.
Thus, we get a fair idea about the high nutritional content for both these nuts. They are both essential, especially if they can be incorporated into our diets in the correct proportions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.