Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ruchi
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. RuchiYour feedback matters!
Hii my age is 22 my weight is 82 I want to loose weight please suggest me diet chart of a week which I follow in my daily life I feel all time hungry.
How can I improve my speed in running please suggest me some tips and medicines which improve my speed.
My fat is growing and I'm unable to stop and all of these I'm a athlete at all. Just tell me something to control it.
My wife has delivered a baby girl just before 50days. Her delivery was normal. Now she produce less amount of milk, even she is taking calcium & iron tablets and also taking mother's horlicks with milk. Please advise me to improve her breast milk.
Insect bites and stings ( bee, wasp, fire ant, mosquitoes, snakes ) can be painfully annoying. The stings are often accompanied by redness, swelling, pain and inflammation. Some of the stings and bites, if not treated timely, can prove to be fatal. The goodness of homeopathy is known to all.
There are excellent homeopathic medicines available for insect stings and bites.
1. Formica Rufa: Stings from fire ants can be an awful experience. There is blistering and the affected area appears reddish. The sting results in an excruciating stinging pain. There is uncontrollable itching at the affected site. However, the sting does not result in much swelling. Formica Rufa is an effective homeopathic medicine to treat such stings.
2. Apis Mellifica: Sometimes, insect bites or stings result in immediate swelling and inflammation at the site of the sting. The unbearable stinging pain is followed by itching. There is a burning sensation and the affected area appears red and hot. In extreme cases, there is considerable swelling of the throat and the mouth (the mucous membrane swells). Apis Mellifica is a powerful medicine providing immense relief. Since the sting site feels hot, a cold compression can be a good option.
3. Staphysagria: Do not lose sleep over mosquitoes and mosquito bites. Staphysagria is an excellent homeopathic option to deal with mosquito bites. The medicine serves dual purpose. It can be effectively used before (Prophylactic) as well as after the bite. Caladium Seguinum can also be used to treat mosquito and fly bites
4. Ledum and Lachesis: Ledum is the best homeopathic remedy against poisonous animal bites. When it comes to snake bites, nothing can be more helpful than Ledum. The area affected by the bite turns slightly bluish. The area feels cold and there is a pricking pain and inflammation. Sepsis from animal bite can also be prevented by Ledum.
Lachesis is equally helpful against snake bites and other poisonous insect bites. This medicine is recommended in case the injury site appears bluish purple. There may be a haemorrhage, with the blood appearing few shades darker (almost black in some cases).
Though Ledum and Lachesis provide great relief, getting medical assistance is still very important.
1. At times, an insect sting can leave a person traumatised. There may be a stinging pain with swelling and tingling. Aconitum Napellus is the best option to treat and deal with such situations.
2. Urtica Urens is helpful against allergic reactions resulting from insect bites and some foodstuffs (shellfish).
3. Histaminum is useful against insect bites and hay fever.
4. Cantharis provides relief from stings and bites resulting in inflammation and redness.
Most of the Homeopathic medicines provide almost instant relief from insect bites and stings.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease which is increasing in incidence. A number of people are being affected, and the age of onset is decreasing. The issue with managing diabetes is that it is a multi-system disease, and affects almost the entire body system. The circulatory, nervous, and musculoskeletal systems and overall metabolism are all severely affected as the disease progresses. Therefore, early detection is highly helpful as it aids in controlling the progression of the disease as well as in arresting its symptoms.
Infections, especially in the leg, which lead an individual to suffer from a diabetic foot are due to two reasons:
- Nervous system: Diabetes results in a reduced sensation of the nervous system, especially in the distant organs like the toes and legs. As the sensory perception is reduced, small hurts and wounds in the legs go unnoticed and the person does not feel any pain.
- Skin: Once diabetes sets in, the collagen formation and wound-healing capability is reduced. The rate of regeneration of tissues is reduced. So in addition to the reduced sensation, the rate of healing is also reduced.
- These wound infections could be limb threatening or non-limb-threatening. As the infection progresses from mild to moderate to severe, the wound progresses from a small ulcer to cellulitis involving the infection of the subcutaneous layer. This then progresses to gangrene, which refers to the death of the underlying tissue due to chronic infection. This infection gradually reaches the bone to cause osteomyelitis.
The primary problems with severe cases of diabetic foot include:
- Hypoxia it reduces the oxygen supply
- Debris due to infection and death of subcutaneous tissue
- Nutritional deficiencies is a common side effect of diabetes
- Lack of vascularity due to atherosclerosis and arteriosclerosis
How does surgery help?
- Sharp surgical debridement: This is done in cases that only have a deep cellulitis or gangrene. The infected tissue is marked out along with a good margin of normal tissue, completely debrided leaving normal margins. This allows diagnosing the extent of the infection, clear debridement, and also promotes wound healing. The skin closure is done with skin grafts from another portion, usually the thigh or torso. Postop care is essential for success.
- Amputation: In people where the infection is quite deep, with or without osteomyelitis (bone involvement), amputation may be required. This amputation may be only of the toes, the foot, or below or above the knee depending on the stage of identification and extent of infection. This helps in improved diabetic foot control as well as re-ulceration, which can be quite complicated.
While surgery comes with its own set of complications, it sometimes helps in treating severe diabetic foot infections. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 28 years old and my weight is 78 kg so I want to reduce my weight. Kindly suggest me how can I reduce my weight?
Penile Health and Wellness: When It's Time to Talk to a Urologist
Although there are plenty of men who willingly see their physicians on a regular basis, the stereotype that men are unwilling to visit doctors does have some truth in it. There are numerous reasons why, from fear of what might be discovered to expenses associated with medical care to simply having difficulty with finding enough time. Nonetheless, men who care about their health need to see a doctor at least once a year. But what about penile health? When does a guy need to consider seeing a urologist instead of his primary care provider?
Actually, in many cases, seeing a primary care provider first is a good idea. They can then recommend whether the penis-specific issue is one that requires a visit to the urologist. But in other cases, a man may know that the urologist should be the guy to see.
Reasons to see a urologist
There can be numerous reasons why a man might need to pay a visit to a urologist. For example:
- It hurts to urinate. This may be the sign of a urinary tract infection, a sexually-transmitted infection (STI), or some other problem. Determining the root cause as early as possible is important, as the doctor can recommend the proper course of treatment. The treatment will be more successful if it is started early on.
- Blood is in the urine. This can be caused by any number of things, including a urinary tract infection or a kidney stone. But it can also be an early warning sign of something more serious, such as kidney or bladder cancer. Again, identifying the cause early on increases the chances of successful treatment.
- It's hard to control the urine. Urinary incontinence can present in many forms. It may be a situation where a man feels a marked increase in the urgency and frequency of urination. It may be difficult to completely empty the bladder. It may mean that a guy urinates before reaching the bathroom, or that some leakage occurs during physical activity or while coughing. Many men are embarrassed to admit they experience incontinence, but talking to a urologist about this is essential.
- There's pain in the abdomen or lower back. Often pain in one or both of these areas may be a sign of prostatitis, especially if it is accompanied by fever or chills. Prostatitis means a swollen and inflamed prostate, usually due to a bacterial infection, and typically requires antibiotics.
- Pain or lumps in the balls. Lumps or pain can be a sign of an infection, a benign cyst, or, more seriously, testicular cancer. Fortunately, the prognosis for testicular cancer is very good, if it is caught early - which is why seeing a doctor is important.
- Elevated PSAs or kidney issues. If a primary care physician detects elevated Prostate Specific Antigens in a blood test, it could indicate possible prostate cancer. And x-rays indicating problems with the kidneys usually require a urologist's expertise to evaluate and treat.
- Erectile dysfunction. Many men feel embarrassed or even ashamed to admit that they are having problems with their erections, but they need to overcome that shyness and seek out a urologist. Determining the reason for the problem can help a doctor develop strategies for treating it - and every man wants his erections to work as perfectly as possible.
A urologist can provide expert care for better penis health. It also pays to utilize a top flight penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) to help maintain the penis in good shape on an everyday basis. The best crème will include vitamin A, the antibacterial properties of which help fight unwanted (and unpleasant) penis odor. Look for a crème that also includes vitamin C, a key component of collagen, which gives skin its tone and elasticity and is vital for penile erections.