Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Healthy Heart Diet
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Dt. RuchiYour feedback matters!
I am under weight, and I want to gain weight what should I do? Actually I eat very but its not working still I look like. A lean person.
I do hand practice 3 times a week Thatswhy I feeling weakness in my body so please tell me what I do?
What Happens if we drink quater whisky or brandy daily how long we sustain like this what will happen to our body
How to grow up my weight? Now I am 21 year old. My weight 49 kg. I want make batter body.& if possible increases hight by any process please tell me.
I am 19 years old My weight is 45 kg only I month before my age is 50 kg their is a downfall of 4-5 kg My appetite decreasing day by day so please suggest some medicine to increase my appetite My name is Milind Shukla.
Herniated disc, bulged disc, protruded intervertebral disc (PIVD) are the different names of one condition. This is a condition where- disc in between the two vertebral bodies starts peeping out on one side- anterior or posterior. These discs are just like the bags filled with liquid material, which work like shock-absorbent. There are several hard bony vertebrae in the vertebral column and there is plenty of movements with these vertebrae. When we look on one side to other side, we look upwards, downwards or we twist and even we bend forward or backward in each and every condition, there will be a movement in these bones, these discs decide the free movements of the spine. Along with this- when we walk or run there will be shocks and jerks to all these bones and these bags decide that there wont be any kind of jerks in between the bones. So, these discs are of multiple uses.
Our spine is inverted “S” shaped. There are two main curvatures in the spine which are free to move- Cervical and Lumbar curvatures. These curvatures of the spine are maintained due to the spaces in between the two vertebrae. Whenever there is a loss or change (specially reduction) of this space between two vertebrae- pressure will be exerted on the intervertebral discs. This uneven pressure on the disc causes- protrusion/bulge/herniation of the disc- this is the condition known as SLIPPED DISC, in layman language. Why does disc slip
Generally, slipped disc condition is diagnosed by its signs and symptoms. When slipped disc starts exerting pressure on the nerves surround the disc- the nerve will be excited which gives sensation of- Pain, Burning or Numbness in the related area of the nerve. This sensation can travel long far away to the areas, which are being supplied by the nerve and can be limited to a particular location in neck or back even. Sign & Symptoms of Slipped Disc.
Ayurveda about Slipped Disc
Where modern medical (Surgical) sciences believes that this is a problem of just bones and joints of the vertebral disc besides this Ayurveda takes a “Wholistic” (Complete and wholesome) approach towards this and tells that this is a problem at three levels-
- Mamsa Dhatu, Asthi Dhatu, Majja Dhatu!!
- These are different tissue levels according to Ayurveda- Mamsa is muscles, Asthi represents bones and the Majja denotes everything which is in between and in the bones.
- Mamsa (the muscles) starts stiffening due to the dryness – improper diet and imbalanced lifestyle and deteriorate the curvature of the spine- which leads to the deterioration of the intervertebral discs.
- Asthi (the bony tissue) is affected due to the muscles.
- Majja (the disc and the neural tissue- spine) is compressed due to the pressure and all effects.
So, we need to treat the condition, wisely and in a wholesome manner, rather just to removal of the protruded tissues (Laminotomy) and this is the basic reason- there are risks associated to the surgery of the spine and in almost more than 45% cases patients had to go for a second surgery to stay pain free. Why Surgery for spine doesn’t succeed. Secondly, this is a mechanical problem so medicines alone can give you temporary relief rather than the cure- So better you save your money and invest it on complete cure for the problem, rather than just taking the pain killers and medicines which were indicated in epilepsy to just reduce the signs and symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi my health is very down regularly so I want to become a healthy so please tell me some health tips and tell me about som medicine.
I am 22 years old and and I am vry concern about my health my height is 5 feet and weight is 40 how di I gain weight.
My age 30 height 6 feet and weight 81 doing gym regularly .plzzz tell me about intake of creatine .i need to cut my fluid retention and want to increase my muscle mass.
Sir I go to the gym regularly please give me some tips to gain more and more muscles I am taking on whey protein please suggest me some good tips.
I am 59 years old and had sciatica problem for the last two and half years. I am putting up my weight by about 6 kgs after giving up walking. Kindly advice whether I go for brisk walking and also advise any food restriction, to reduce weight slowly but on permanent basis as far as possible. Is it advisable to use any allopathic/ayurvedic tablets? Awaiting your valuable advice
I am 19 and my weight is 67 kg how should I plan my diet and how much should I exercise to loose weight and get back to my 50 kg in two months.
Weight gain in one year before it was 58 and now 80 what are the tips to loose weight easily because its getting increasing and am getting weak and unable to control it so please he me out.
I was suffering from dehydration because of water few years ago now every thing is okay but hb level is low i. E. 7.5 how it will be increased.
Dairy is a well-known food group that supplies necessary fuel to our bodies. This fuel comes in the form of nutrients like protein and calcium, along with various other minerals. These substances help us in building stamina, immunity and endurance as well as precious muscle and joint strength. Yogurt or curd is a highly beneficial dairy product. In Ayurveda too, it has been recognised as a food that can help in keeping the organs in a well-functioning state. Here are the reasons why this is considered as a superfood.
- Bacteria: Fresh yogurt that has been made at home has a number of healthy bacteria. There are many kinds of bacteria that can enter and reside in one’s body. While some of them may cause infections, there are others that are vital for the healthy functioning of the body. The bacteria contained in yogurt are especially beneficial because they aid the digestion and keep the Agni or digestive fires burning. At the same time, these bacteria also kill the harmful virus that can infect the body. This helps in building better immunity as well. In fact, in most Indian homes, people usually have a bowl of curd or buttermilk after their meals, as this aids digestion and strengthens the immune system.
- Healthy Carbohydrate: Yogurt is a healthy carbohydrate that can be used for a diabetic diet. This can help patients suffering from diabetes in getting a dose of protein rich dairy that does not affect the blood sugar levels. It is also a good choice for patients suffering from high cholesterol, as it helps in keeping the lipid levels at a minimum even as it gives plenty of strength to the body and its bones.
- Brain Food: Ayurveda recognises yogurt as one of the top brain foods. This ingredient is known to enhance the memory. It also helps in better nerve and brain functioning. This food also helps in increasing the brain capacity which keeps it alert and sharp.
- Vata Balance: Yogurt is a fermented food that is good for the balance of the Vata Dosha. If this Dosha is thrown into a mode of imbalance, it can lead to various ailments like thyroid disorders and digestive problems. Having yogurt gives much comfort to the intestine and helps in balancing the digestion. This Dosha also creates blood circulation problems when it is not in a balanced state. Yogurt helps in keeping this Dosha in balance.
- Muscles and Joints: The protein and calcium elements of yogurt make it a superfood in terms of muscle and joint strength. This is also related to the Vata Dosha. Having plenty of yogurt can help in preventing such problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.