Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sharat GuptaYour feedback matters!
Superb Skin Specialist
Freckles are skin cells (keratinocytes) that contain melanin, which is a brown colored skin pigment. The skin cells are otherwise very normal, so the spots can't be felt since they are flat. They don't cause lumps in the skin but they are quite visible.
Here are some of the methods and home remedies with which you can get rid of your freckles:
- Prevent your face from the sun: This is the best approach to get rid of freckles. Wear caps with wide overflows so your face is in shadow. Attempt to abstain from going outside when the sun is high in the sky since this is the time when you get the most UV radiation. If you do go out, try to stay in the shade. Also wear sunscreens with SPF 50 constantly, without fail.
- Lemon Juice To Bleach Freckles Away: Lemon juice is one of the best natural bleaches. Use the juice from crisp crushed lemons; delicately apply the juice onto the freckled regions. Be careful not to put the juice in your eyes. Leave the juice on for ten to fifteen minutes and wash off with warm water. You will need to do this twice every day for a few weeks before the spots vanish.
- Even Out The Skin Color: Conceal the freckles by darkening the rest of the skin normally. Castor oil - an old solution for everything from blockages to upset stomachs - is fabulous for adding a light tan shading to the skin.
- A Sake Facial Mask Works Fast: It causes the freckles to blur away quickly, since skin cell turnover rate is around three weeks. If you can keep the most reduced layer of cells from getting a considerable measure of melanin, the spots will be gone soon.
- Sour Cream Facial Peels:Sour cream contains lactic corrosive, which are an exceptionally tender peeling operator. Apply the sharp cream to the freckled regions and keep it there for ten minutes.
- Fruit Flavored Facial Peels: Use squashed strawberries and kiwi or cucumbers for a facial cover to create a peel. Banana crushed with mint leaves gives you a peel as well.
- Honey and Lemon Juice: Honey holds water and moisturizes the skin. It contains chemicals that are skin-lightening agents. Mixed with lemon squeeze, this is an extremely affective strategy to get rid of your freckles.
- Add Nutrients To Your Skin While Lightening Freckles: Vitamin E oil not just blurs spots quick, it contains supplements that saturate your skin and keep it sound.
- Eating Your Way to Fewer Freckles: Vitamin C (citrus extract) in your eating routine helps your skin, pretty much as it does when you apply it to your face. If your skin is excessively delicate for lemon juice, then ensure you eat a lot of citrus product.
- Business Bleaching Creams With Natural Ingredients: Over-the-counter skin brightening creams that contain hydroquinone and oxybenzone can prove to be extremely effective. Common fixings, for example, bearberry, aloe, mulberry and different herbs are calming to the skin and help the spots without risk.
The allure to look young is always compelling and the recent advancements in medical technology have resulted in many procedures, which can help you knock off years. In fact skin care related to anti aging is one of the largest and fastest growing industries within the medical realm. Let's take a look at some of the procedures which are very effective in anti aging skin treatment.
- Specialized Chemical Peels: In this procedure a doctor will put specially formulated acids on the area of your skin, which needs to be treated. This results in the abrasion or slight burning of the skin after, which new skin cells grow in its place, hence removing age related spots, wrinkles as well as freckles.
- Injection of Botulinum Toxin Type A or Botox: This is possibly one of the most famous and well known anti aging treatments all over the world. This treatment involves injecting Botox into strategic areas of the face to reduce wrinkles and creases that may occur due to aging. This treatment is especially effective for frown lines on the forehead and close to eye corners.
- Laser Resurfacing and or other Radio Frequency Treatments: These machine related treatments also use the principle of abrasion or wounding the skin to encourage the growth of new tissue. In laser resurfacing, a laser beam destroys the epidermis or the outer layer of the skin and heats up the dermis or the lower layer of the skin. As the wounded skin tissue heals, new tissue takes it place which is tighter, thus giving you a younger look.
- Facelift surgery: It is a cosmetic surgical procedure, which takes quite some time to heal but is known to have long term results. In this procedure, excess skin and fat from your face and neck are removed surgically and after the bruising and the scarring have subsided, the new skin is much tighter thus making you look much younger.
- Microdermabrasion and Dermabrasion: These procedures employ the abrasion tactic to the fullest to destroy old tissue and encourage the growth of new tissue. Dermabrasion uses the technique of sanding the skin with a rotating brush where new skin needs to grow. Microdermabrasion is a more subtle technique as it uses finer equipment to sand away only the top layer of skin and the side effects of redness, swelling and scabbing tend to be lesser compared to conventional Dermabrasion.
- Other Soft Skin Tissues Filler Injections: There are many other forms of soft skin tissue fillers other than Botox, which can be directly injected into the required area. Some of these are fats, gels and collagen which can be directly injected into wrinkles. These fillers work by swelling and plumping up the area around the skin to give it smoother look. However, these treatments also need to be done at frequent periodic intervals of a few months. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
You may have heard a lot about teen acne and things related to it, especially its nature and solutions to cure this skin condition. However, there are several misconceptions about acne. Many facts regarding the cause and remedy for acne, which are commonly talked about, are incorrect. Here are some myths and facts about teen acne you should know about:
- Tanning clears the skin: A tan may act as a temporary mask to prevent acne. However, the sun dries up the skin and irritates it. This may further lead to acne breakout. There is no link between exposure to the sun and acne prevention, and the rays of the sun can cause damage to the skin. You should always use a sunscreen while going out in the sun.
- Wash your face to prevent acne breakouts: Washing your face helps in removing the dirt and oil from the pores of the skin. However, too much washing may cause dryness and irritation, triggering more acne breakout. You should not scrub your face and use a mild soap or a facewash to wash your face.
- Popping pimples will help in faster elimination: Popping pimples makes them less noticeable for some time, but it causes the pimples to last longer. When you squeeze a pimple, you push bacteria, dead skin cells and oil back into the skin. This causes increased swelling and reddening. It might also cause a red or brown scar, which takes a lot of time to disappear. Some of these scars last forever.
- Stress leads to acne: The normal daily stress a teenager faces does not lead to acne. However, in the case of stressful periods, such as dealing with the death of a loved one or facing parent’s divorce, the skin produces extra oil or sebum. This does not always mean that you will get more zits and pimples.
- Acne is curable: Acne is not curable. It is chronic in nature and may last for a very long time. It is like a continuous situation which keeps on recurring on the skin. It may come and go several times and in case you are prone to acne, you will face a hard time dealing with it.
- Pimples occur overnight: Another common misconception regarding acne is that pimples occur overnight. The truth is that a pimple takes weeks to develop but it may surface while you are asleep. The process of acne development is a complicated one and involves four steps.
Many people think that applying cold water closes pores and hot water opens pores. This is not true as the pores present all over your face do not have muscles. They cannot open and close. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.