Doctor in City Light Skin Clinic
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for City Light Skin ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Superb Skin Specialist
Right now I am a 33 years old. In age of 22 my skin is very glowing and white, but when I became older my body weight is also became high and my skin became dark. My skin is very oily, but really don't know why my skin became darn, please give me some solutions to get my skin tone back.
Are you fussy about getting a facial, believing an age old adage that men don’t need facials? Think again, you can be nowhere near the truth as the harsh reality is that men do need facials period. Yes, you might not entertain the fact of having layers of cucumber or banana on your skin and it certainly doesn’t look appealing. But the reality is that your skin can suffer the same damage and wear and tear as a woman’s skin and it needs the dedication and care it deserves. In fact, probably more than the ladies, guys need facials, thanks to their coarser skin, larger pores, and increased chance of sun damage. Feels discomforting? Fret not; as we lay down some points that staunchly suggest that men do need facials like their woman counterparts:
- Men produce more oil: Men have higher testosterone levels than women and this indirectly produces more oil. This oil can clog your pores and can lead to blackheads, which may lead to pimples. Also due to the coarseness, they can also develop as rashes and can leave permanent marks if not treated properly. Have a facial done at a spa to take care of these risks. The reason why these are better done at a spa is that the specialist can understand your skin type and can chart down a treatment plan based on it. Also, you might have to exfoliate your skin often to reduce the toughness of the dead skin cells.
- Benefitting in a smoother shave: No matter how many types of razor you use, the friction caused by the metal to your skin is irreversible. Irritation is one of the common consequences that your facial skin has to undergo every time you shave. The result can be more damaging than you have ever thought so. A deep facial will deep clean bumps and soothe the irritated skin. You can also try various after shave effects to reduce the rashness to the skin and simultaneously you can opt for specialised facial treatment for shaving side effects. You can experience a smoother and a better shave when your skin is smoother.
- Facials use products far from the market: It is a known fact that some of the facial products used are not available over the counters. The techniques and the products used can be handled like a pro only by an experienced facial therapist. Instead of following an advertisement and going for a product, take some time off for getting a facial. You can also experience an opportunity to ask more questions regarding the product used on your face. Facials can be ideal stress busters too and can help a great deal in relaxing. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A normal human being loses 50 to 100 hairs on a daily basis, but it doesn’t make thinning of scalp hair noticeable because new hair is growing in at the same time. Visible hair loss occurs when the cycle of hair shedding and growth is disrupted or when the hair follicle is damaged and scar tissue is formed.
Hair loss can be attributed to four main factors, namely heredity, changes in hormones, medical conditions and finally medication. The hereditary condition known as pattern baldness is the most common reason of hair loss. It occurs gradually and with a receding hairline and bald spots in predictable patterns in men and thinning hair in women. Heredity dictates the age when one begins to shred hair, extent of baldness and finally the rate of hair loss. Among men, pattern baldness is common whereas in women, hair loss occurs in form of thinning of hair.
Hair loss can also be triggered by hormonal changes and imbalances during pregnancy, childbirth, onset of menopause and thyroid problems. Patchy hair loss or alopecia areata occurs when the human body's immune system attacks and damages hair follicles causing hair loss and leaves behind smooth bald patches on the skin. Scalp infection like ringworm leads to scaly patches and hair loss. Skin disorders like lichen planus, sarcoidosis and trichotillomania causes people to have an irresistible urge to pull out their hair, whether it's from the scalp or other areas of the body.
Excessive use of hairstyling tools like iron curlers and products like gels, mousse, sprays and colours damage the hair and prolonged usage can hamper its growth. Hairstyles which pulls one’s hair tight like pigtails or cornrows cause traction alopecia. Hot oil hair treatments cause inflammation of hair follicles leading to hair loss.
Medicated drugs for arthritis, depression, cancer, hypertension and even birth control increase the rate of hair loss. As the hair is made of keratin which is a protein, if one has a protein deficiency, then the chances are that the hair will be brittle. Crash dieting and losing a lot of weight too quickly has an adverse effect on hair growth, because these diets deprives body of essential nutrients which impact hair growth.
Psoriasis and Diabetes responsible for loss of hair. Diabetes affects the body’s circulatory system due to which less amount of nutrients and oxygen reach the feet and the scalp areas due to which the hair follicles get damaged. Psoriasis is a skin disease which affects the scalp and hair follicles leading to red bald patches.
If one notices thinning of hair, it is best to get checked for any underlying condition which could be causing the hair loss.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
All of us desire to possess a healthy and glowing skin but factors like unhealthy lifestyle practices, inadequate sleep, extreme stress, anxiety and poor dietary choices tend to damage the health of your skin, giving it a dull and tired appearance.
The following are some tips that will enable you to revitalize your skin:
- Quit smoking and alcohol intake: Smoking reduces blood circulation to the interior of your skin layers, which makes your skin look dull and tired. Alcohol tends to reduce blood circulation, nutrients and quantity of oxygen supply to your skin. Hence, it is essential to limit the usage of both alcohol and tobacco.
- Drink lots water: Water is essential for the smooth functioning of your system. It is extremely important to hydrate your cells, to enable effective elimination of toxins from your system. An adequately hydrated body will add a healthy glow to your skin as well.
- Eat a balanced diet: A diet that is rich in carbohydrates and fats tend to cause more wrinkles. Green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits have antioxidants and essential vitamins, while food like fish, tofu, white meat, beans, lentils are rich in protein, all of which tend to make your skin appear younger. A balanced diet that incorporates essential nutrients is good for your skin cells and its rejuvenation. Eat mixed nuts to increase the elasticity of your skin; most nuts contain fatty acids that enable your skin to repair and rejuvenate itself.
- Use sunscreen: Almost ninety percent of the wrinkles occur due to extreme sun exposure. It is advisable to use effective sunscreen and sun protection techniques to prevent sun damage. It not only protects your skin from harmful UV rays of the sun but also protects it from sun burn and sun tans.
- Remove your make up prior to sleep: When you go to bed without removing your make-up, the accumulated dirt and sweat tend to clog your skin pores. It is extremely necessary to remove your make up prior to sleep to lessen the risk of pimple and formation of rash on skin.
- Go to bed early: Inadequate sleep tends to lower your blood circulation, which is responsible for making you look washed out and pale. Proper sleep not only gives your body the required rest but also enables your skin to rejuvenate itself through involuntary renewal process.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Lasers have come as a boon to treat many medical conditions very safely and effectively. They are absolutely indispensable for permanent hair removal, tattoo removal, freckle removal, skin rejuvenation, treatment of birthmarks and many other internal medical conditions. There is a common misconception that lasers are harmful for your skin and can cause skin cancers. This is far from the truth, since lasers are actually used to treat skin cancers and also help in keeping the skin youthful and rejuvenated.
- Lasers use non-ionising light (like red or green light) and not ionising radiation like x-rays or gamma rays. These spectrums of light do not induce cancer formation.
- Fair skinned races are at much greater risk than skin of color. Melanin in darker skin does not allow harmful UV light in sunlight to penetrate through and the risk of skin cancers in darker skin is therefore small with normal sun exposure. Also, common lasers do not use UV light.
- Laser treatments are administered not in prolonged durations but in pulses much less than a second and parameters in the range of milliseconds and microseconds are most commonly used. Prolonged sun exposure is the most common precipitating factor for skin cancers.
- Laser light does not reach any internal organ. In fact, it requires some expertise even to make laser light reach its target just 1-2 millimeters below the skin. This is because melanin pigment in skin blocks laser light from getting through. An expert dermatologist with sound knowledge of skin optics and laser physics is able to achieve this safely and effectively.
- Laser treatments work on the principle of ''selective photothermolysis'. This means that laser light very specifically destroys only the intended target. Thus, a hair removal laser will destroy only the hair roots while leaving surrounding skin structures unharmed. Similarly, blood vessels in birth marks, collagen in wrinkles or scars, abnormal growths and cancers and individual inks in tattoos can be targeted very specifically with lasers without affecting any other structure.
What is the cure for psoriasis. I have it on my thumb of both of my feet. I have applied creams but not much improvement.
A tattoo has a strong emotional association with the person having it. Commonly it is the loved ones name, idols, quotes or just anything that a person feels connected to. However, over time, it may happen that the tattoo may not hold the same relevance as it used to once upon a time. It could also lose its aesthetic appeal it once held. Whatever the reason, the tattoo needs to go. While tattoos were considered something permanent, there are now ways to remove it.
While the earlier methods were crude including removing the tattooed skin and grafting new skin, sanding the area, or dermabrasion; but today with the use of laser, the process has become much simpler and convenient. Laser is now the most widely used method of removing the tattoo.
A thorough evaluation to see the extent of the tattoo, in terms of depth, size and colors, is done before planning its removal. The type, strength and sessions of lasers will depend on these factors.
During the removal, the tattooed area is focused with a handheld device that emits laser light of the desired frequency and strength. This removes the colored pigments of the tattoo without affecting the surrounding skin. Different wavelengths of light are used to remove different pigments, which get broken down. These pigments are then washed out from the body as wastes.
Depending on the size and colors used in the tattoo, more than one sitting may be required. For large ones, up to 6 to 8 months may be required for complete removal. A minimum of 4 weeks gap is required between two sittings, allowing sufficient time for the skin to heal.
Professional vs Amateur Tattoos
Professional applied tattoos penetrate deeper into the skin at uniform levels which can make it easier to treat, but not always, as the ink is usually more dense. Amateur tattoos are often applied with an uneven hand which can make the removal challenging but overall they are easier to remove.
Risks and Side Effects
There are a handful of symptoms you might see post-treatment. Among them are blisters, swelling, raising of the tattoo, pinpoint bleeding, redness, and/or temporary darkening. Not to worry, though. These are common and usually subside within one to two weeks. If they don't, talk to your doctor.
- The way getting tattoo caused some pain, the removal will also cause some pain. Topical or local anaesthesia is used to make it comfortable.
- Not just the tattoo pigment but also some of the natural skin pigment is lost, so the skin can become lighter or darker than the surrounding skin.
- In some cases, there could be some scarring. The scar will get better and can be treated after tattoo laser sessions.
So, if you thought a tattoo is forever, it is not so. Go ahead and plan for its removal, of course after understanding what it entails.
Skin tags are painless growths on your body that are usually found in the folds of skin. You can find these non-cancerous growths anywhere in your armpits, groin, eyelids, neck, thighs, area under the thighs, amongst other places. They look like little solid roundish growths and are attached to the skin by a small, thin stalk called a peduncle. And this standard structure differentiates them from moles and other skin growths. They are made up of blood vessels and collagen surrounded by an outer skin layer. They are also mostly smaller than 2 mm in size and are flesh coloured. They can either be smooth and round, or wrinkly and asymmetrical. Some skin tags can resemble grains of rice and these are found mostly under the eyelids.
Skin tags can develop in both men and women. An individual is more prone to developing skin tags if you’re older than 50 years.
What are the causes?
It’s still unclear what causes skin tags. People think that friction could be a factor as tags usually show up in skin folds.
- Several studies have been done to understand the causes and risk factors for skin tags. As per studies, the human papillomavirus (HPV) which causes cervical cancer in women may be an important factor in the development of skin tags.
- Insulin resistance, a condition which can lead to type 2 diabetes and pre diabetes is also implicated in several studies.
- Obesity and high BMI (Body Mass Index) and high triglycerides in the blood are risk factors too.
- Skin tags are also a common side effect of pregnancy and this could be due to the squiggly pregnancy hormones and weight gain.
- Researchers warn that in rare cases, multiple skin tags can be a sign of a hormone imbalance or an endocrine problem.
The good news here is that skin tags don’t develop into skin cancer and they aren’t contagious. However, the skin tags can be an eyesore, so, here’s what you can do to get rid of them. There is no need to remove tiny skin tags as they may rub off on their own.
If a skin tag is large, ungainly, pains or bothers you in any way, you can try anyone of the options here to get them removed:
- Cryotherapy: This involves freezing the skin tag with liquid nitrogen.
- Surgery: This involves removing the skin tag surgically.
- Electrosurgery: This option uses high-frequency electrical energy to burn off your skin tag.
- Ligation: This involves cutting the skin tag’s blood supply by tying it off with surgical thread.
Something to remember here is that you should never try to remove skin tags on your own using DIY instructions. This can cause bleeding, burns, and infection. Therefore, it is perhaps the best idea to let the doctor handle your medical condition and prescribe a treatment that is best suited for you.
Freckles are skin cells (keratinocytes) that contain melanin, which is a brown colored skin pigment. The skin cells are otherwise very normal, so the spots can't be felt since they are flat. They don't cause lumps in the skin but they are quite visible.
Here are some of the methods and home remedies with which you can get rid of your freckles:
- Prevent your face from the sun: This is the best approach to get rid of freckles. Wear caps with wide overflows so your face is in shadow. Attempt to abstain from going outside when the sun is high in the sky since this is the time when you get the most UV radiation. If you do go out, try to stay in the shade. Also wear sunscreens with SPF 50 constantly, without fail.
- Lemon Juice To Bleach Freckles Away: Lemon juice is one of the best natural bleaches. Use the juice from crisp crushed lemons; delicately apply the juice onto the freckled regions. Be careful not to put the juice in your eyes. Leave the juice on for ten to fifteen minutes and wash off with warm water. You will need to do this twice every day for a few weeks before the spots vanish.
- Even Out The Skin Color: Conceal the freckles by darkening the rest of the skin normally. Castor oil - an old solution for everything from blockages to upset stomachs - is fabulous for adding a light tan shading to the skin.
- A Sake Facial Mask Works Fast: It causes the freckles to blur away quickly, since skin cell turnover rate is around three weeks. If you can keep the most reduced layer of cells from getting a considerable measure of melanin, the spots will be gone soon.
- Sour Cream Facial Peels:Sour cream contains lactic corrosive, which are an exceptionally tender peeling operator. Apply the sharp cream to the freckled regions and keep it there for ten minutes.
- Fruit Flavored Facial Peels: Use squashed strawberries and kiwi or cucumbers for a facial cover to create a peel. Banana crushed with mint leaves gives you a peel as well.
- Honey and Lemon Juice: Honey holds water and moisturizes the skin. It contains chemicals that are skin-lightening agents. Mixed with lemon squeeze, this is an extremely affective strategy to get rid of your freckles.
- Add Nutrients To Your Skin While Lightening Freckles: Vitamin E oil not just blurs spots quick, it contains supplements that saturate your skin and keep it sound.
- Eating Your Way to Fewer Freckles: Vitamin C (citrus extract) in your eating routine helps your skin, pretty much as it does when you apply it to your face. If your skin is excessively delicate for lemon juice, then ensure you eat a lot of citrus product.
- Business Bleaching Creams With Natural Ingredients: Over-the-counter skin brightening creams that contain hydroquinone and oxybenzone can prove to be extremely effective. Common fixings, for example, bearberry, aloe, mulberry and different herbs are calming to the skin and help the spots without risk.