Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Acupuncturists in India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Acupuncturists online in Surat. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravendar Prasad
Submit a review for Dr. Ravendar PrasadYour feedback matters!
I feel depressed when my talent hidden by my health. My weight (37 kg) height (5'3") not increasing, my voice is not changed and chest also not developed. I am looking very skinny. Facial hair and male organ also not developed. My father are taller than me (6 foot). I tried to explain my feelings but they never try to understood it. It is due to malnutrition diet and poor financial conditions I am looking like 8 th grade students. I have not any bad habit like drinking, smoking, hand job. Student of my age looking different and more active. I am 12th and 10th grade topper from my school. But due to bad physical health I am look like average student. Teacher and classmate always teasing me. My counsellor also suggest me the you have spark but that not appear. He suggested me to change your personality, health. Due to this I also thinking that I won't get any placement from college so I got depress. .Please Suggest me good homeopathic and allopathic medicine for good personality.
Are you trying to lose weight?
Is losing weight difficult for you?
Does losing weight take a lot of time, money and energy?
Weight loss is the biggest epidemic in the world.
Unfortunately, traditional and most used methods of losing weight like dieting and exercise don’t work for almost everybody.
Even the weight that you lost by dieting and exercise is gained soon after you stop following the above-mentioned methods.
Why dieting and exercise don’t work?
By dieting you just reduce your intake and by exercising you just burn more calories. This is why when you stop following these two solutions, you automatically start gaining your weight back.
If food and exercise are only responsible for weight gain then:
- Why there are people who don’t eat much but they are still fat and people who eat a lot but don’t get fat?
- Why there are people who walk everyday and still they are fat, who have an active lifestyle but still they don’t lose weight and people, who have a sedentary lifestyle but they don’t get fat?
2-3 Medicines for every problem
Suppose a doctor gives the same medicines for every problem without even asking the symptoms and diagnosing. Would you consult such doctor?
The same way weight gain has many causes which are needed to be identified 1st and the solution differs from person to person depending on the causes of the person's weight gain.
- About 80% overweight and obese people have found to be emotional eaters.
- Food is the emotional pain killer.
- Weight loss is more of a mental process.
- Exercise burns only 10% calories in your body while brain and stomach together burn 80% calories of your body.
So what is the solution?
- Habit formation for eating healthy food.
- Habit formation for avoiding fast/junk food.
- Habit formation for exercise and if exercise is not possible then training your mind so that whatever physical activity you do or you can do will become your exercise.
- Improving body metabolism so that it stores less fat and burns more fat.
- Stopping emotional eating so that you don’t eat more.
- Stress management.
- Improving lifestyle etc.
By this, you not only lose weight but also your quality of life increases, and your health improves. You also notice improvements in your career, work and relationships. And thus you lose weight permanently with this scientific method.
I am very slim. I want to gain a little weight. I want my face to look glowing and charming. I have lost weight and I have grown weaker from the last 1 year. I want to grow charming. What should I prefer? Please help.
I am 29years old suffering from knee joint pain for pat 3years tried more home remedies but not yet cured tried Many pain killers but of no use.
To begin with, what is binge eating? Binge eating is a tenacious temptation in your brain that rears its head every time you are bored or overwhelmed. This temptation literally overpowers all other thought processes to make you reach out for food that you know you do not need. And then, guilt, disgust, frustration and heavy dieting starts! Sounds familiar? Well, you may just be a victim of binge eating. So what can you do about it? Plenty! Here's our list.
- Emotional Hunger: Learn how to listen to your body. This is a way of bringing your mind and body in alignment by being aware and mindful. As soon as you feel a hunger pang, stop and think: is it emotional hunger or is it actually your snack or meal time? Once you learn to distinguish between the two, it is a matter of making a habit out of distracting yourself from emotional hunger by taking up a hobby or a pleasant activity that will also make your brain work in a different direction.
- Focus on your Food: Usually, binge eating happens around unhealthy food that will give your taste buds a temporary kick. This kind of food is generally fatty, fried or sweet. So next time, focus on what you are eating. If you are eating a healthy, regular meal, then focus on the fact that you are doing something positive. This greatly defeats the cause of binge eating as you will chase the positive feeling rather than looking for temporary gratification which leads to more permanent guilt later.
- Regular Meals: Eating your meals regularly at fixed times also dulls the temptation to binge. Regular meal times also set your biological clock and hunger ticking at the right times. If you avoid eating at meal times, then your mental hunger can get mixed up with a need for instant energy that your body requires due to a missed meal. This will make you reach out for unhealthy food in unhealthy portions.
- Maintain a Food Diary: Keeping a food diary of everything you ate during the week and then going through it later will give you a lot of perspective on what you are doing wrong and how you can avoid the same.
Distancing yourself from wrong food and portions, and digging deeper into the emotions that trigger chronic binge eating may be answer you are looking for!