Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ketan BharadvaYour feedback matters!
Sir, my son who is 4.5 year weighing 20 is having chronic tonsillitis for last 2 years, when I consulted ENT surgeon, suggested for operation, kindly advice.
My child is 4 year and 10 month old. I take proper oral care of him, still he has bad odour in his mouth, especially after he wakes up in the morn and in the afternoon. Can I use listerine mouth wash? please suggest.
My daughter has weazing at night times. We were user homeopathy for 1 year but not cured later we went to childrens specialist and he has done all tests and come to know that infection and sugeested to use levoline, budecort and montralkid. When ever using that time no weazing and again its comes. We are taking thi treatment from 8 months. Her age is 8. Please advise.
My 8 month baby is suffering from bronchopneumonia with CCF and she is having vancomycin and piptaz injections for treatment from last 9 days. Now from last nite she is sweating a lot. Is it normal.
Hi. My son is 23 months old. Since he was 1 year. As sson as he drinks milk he gets pressure and does his potty.My pediatrician suggested not to give him milk. Is this really correct ?
Hai last Saturday I putted sixth week vaccination to my kid. After that he not taking milk properly. Now he doesn't have fever. Kindly advice wat to do to take the milk properly.
Our baby is diagnosed with complete AVSD at 13 weeks. Is this curable or the only option is to terminate the baby. Please help.
Hi baby is five and half months of age when can I start with semi solid foods. What are the best foods which I can give to my baby.
I have a baby boy of one year. His weight is 8.6 around, is this the correct weight, please help me how to increase his weight, what are the food I gave him, please answer me quickly.
She has 16 month old now. But all physically developments late. I mean physically well. But they happened few day ya month later. Can you help me?
Hi, my son is 15 months old, all of sudden now (in the night), his body is so hot. And this is the first time it happened. I dont have thermometer also in my home, what can I do now as a first aid. Because its 3 in the morning, till morning what best I can do from my home.
मेरा बेटा 9 साल का है । काफी समय से उसके मुंह से बदबू की समस्या चली आ रही है । सबसे पहले कोई 3 साल पहले हमने इस बारे में गौर किया था। कई डॉक्टरों को भी दिखाया । लेकिन कोई फर्क नहीं है। वो सुबह-शाम दोनों समय ब्रश करता है। कृप्या मार्गदर्शन करें।
Sir mari beti 1 year ki honaaa wali h WO stand nhi ho paati koi prob to nhi h mari bdi beti 7 mhinaaa ki bjagna lgi thi aisaaa kyu. Or mari choti beti bht kamjor h PR WO khatiii bht h hr tym bhukiii hi rhti h.maiii kya kruu ab.
Kal se meri 7 mahine ke baby ko bukhar huva hai, davai laya hu lekin bukhaar chadh uttar kar raha hai to kya koi serious problem hai ki aesa hota hai?
My three year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do.
Child Aphasia is complex disorder that is caused by damage to parts of the brain that controls language and speech. This disorder affects the child's ability to express herself through words and understand the speech of other people. The severity of the problem depends on the extent of the damage as well as the location of the damage. Since this is not a birth disorder, therefore, you should be much more careful as so you notice that your kid is facing language disorder. A speech pathologist can diagnose language disorders and teach your child strategies to help.
What are the leading symptoms of aphasia in kids?
- Not understanding speech is one of the most common symptoms. Most patients cannot understand spoken or written language. Typically in these cases, the patient suffers from fluent Aphasia, which is caused by damage to the left temporal lobe of the brain. The patient's speech might seem meaningless and incoherent with lots of unnecessary words being used. The child usually becomes upset when people don't understand what he is saying.
- Patients suffering from this disorder also have trouble expressing their thoughts and understanding language and they often take more time to communicate. Only short sentences are used by these patients with words often left out, making the sentence sound incomplete. Such children suffer from non-fluent Aphasia where they understand what others are saying, but cannot communicate or speak well themselves. Their speech is almost similar to that of telegraphic languages that are usually followed by those toddlers who are just learning how to speak.
- Some children suffering from Aphasia might have trouble repeating words even though they don't have problem understanding what others are saying. These children suffer from conduction Aphasia and will be able to reproduce only parts of a sentence, if asked to repeat.
- Children affected with this disorder may see to be not listening to you or ignore you.
- Such kids might also have behavioral problems and may not be able to keep up with their friends and classmates. They will also suffer from forgetfulness.
Causes of Aphasia: The leading cause of Aphasia is brain injury, brain infection, brain tumour or abscess or bleeding in the brain.
Diagnosis of the disease: The disorder is diagnosed by a speech therapist who assesses the condition with a variety of tools to figure out the extent of damage. Its best to take your child to a paediatric speech pathologist who is an expert in treating children with brain injuries. The child will then be assessed on auditory comprehension, verbal expression, reading and writing ability and functional communication.
Treatment: There are many people who think that the speech trouble cannot be treated, but they are completely wrong. There are various ways to treat Aphasia. The younger the patient the better the chances of recovery since the brain is not that developed to handle specific functions in kids as in adults. The treatment will depend on the severity of the condition and the goal that is to be achieved. Factors behind this trouble need to be determined first otherwise the perfect treatment cannot be decided. Some of the most prominent factors are aphasia type, brain-injury cause, age, brain-lesion size and positioning and others.
Some of the leading tips that can be applied as per Association of National Stroke are as follows:
- Using props can be helpful in getting across messages.
- Speaking slowly and staying calm while speaking.
- Drawing pictures or words on paper for communication.