Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Hi, my son is four years old, he is very active and sharp. He is very naughty at home. He loves school, he learns things and he also wants to learn more. But the big problem is that he does not talk to his teachers. He doesn't utter a word. I have seen it myself. He has does the same in pre school also I thought when he starts his proper school he shall be fine. But no he does not say anything not even yes or know. Kindly help me in this.
My 6.7 years old son is passing urin on bed. When he is sleeping at night or day. His weight is 23kg. Please suggest, what have to do?
Hello Dr. I have 3.8 old Son. He has a cough and I have given amrolite s syrup 4 ml. N my husband also given amrolite s by mistake again.
My son is 6 year old, a continuously bed wetting (one or two) by day one. What is the reason, how it goes away.
Hi I have a 10 month baby girl. Her teeth not come yet. Please suggest and weight not increasing. Her weight is 8 kg
My 16 month old son, all of a sudden while sleeping vomited after getting up at night. I happened to notice that while vomiting, only milk and water was present. The moment I laid him down to sleep, he started vomiting again. He vomited 4 times within a gap of 4 hours getting up between his sleeps. Kindly assist or suggest as to what might be the issue.
Sir I have a child her age is 7 month when she was born she has a eyes problem her eyes are getting wet due to water is coming up from her eyes and pus like exudate is also flowing what should I do. I also consult a doctor he gave me some medicine to cure of this problem but did not found any recovery.
I have one baby boy whose age is 2and half months. I only give him breastmilk. Tomorrow I have to go out so I will keep breastmilk for him. But I don't know how much milk he should take each time? His weight is 5kgs.
Hi. Actually it is for my daughter who is 15 years old. She has a period problem for, 3 year's but she haven't go to hospital because she won't. In this problem she suffers from great and great pain of stomach. Nd over bleeding falls in during this time. Nd at morning she became very angry. What should I do in this situation without taking her to the hospital.
My daughter had 8 months now. She suffering from cold and cough. So what kind of medicine to take her? Please explain.
My baby is 1 month and 15 days he is not able to pass stool from 5 days and feed milk properly but pass gas but not pass stool what will I do for him?
Hello my son is suffering from loose motion and admitted to hospital. Aftr treatment there is no difference in numbers of motion he has only greenish yellow become yellow in color of his potty. His prescription is inj nepstem 25 mg 1 a day Inj Monocef 250 mg 2 times and ofm and taff pro liquid2 tome a day Why he is not responding to treatment what should I do im just too much tensed for him.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.