Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Ankur PatelYour feedback matters!
Hello, Doctor i'm 19 years old boy. This year I got admission in graduation 1 years but whenever I think to join the enjoying group of the student I find myself different, a one thing arrives in my mind career, career, career and I sit alone and think. How can come out from this depression?
I lost somebody last year from that time I feel depress I remembering him what can I do I don't know what to do please help me.
I have difficulty while speaking. The words that I say becomes unclear for other. I feel more saliva comes from the glands and causes my speech difficult to understand. Does have anything to do with lack of drinking water or a lack confidence I don't go for the latter case because it happens during a casual talk.
I lost my job two years before and now feeling pretty much depressed. I want to maintain positive attitude. Please give some suggestion.
Hello, I can't understand the problem I am facing right now. I am explaining here what is happening with me. Generally Problem arises in between 3 pm to 6 pm. I think may be it's related to mind. During this period I feel lonely, depressed and fear. flashes of memory comes in my mind and disturbs my mind so much. I remember some moments of my past life randomly and I can't control myself, it feels like I want to go in that past again, I want to live that moment again. Sometimes it makes me cry, I can't control it and it makes me fear. At that time I feel totally lonely and under pressure. I can't stay that time, feels like I am in some jail and want to come out of it, want to go back in that moments once more and I fear what will happen next, what if I will loose my friends, what if I will go away from family, even I fear very little things without any reason. My breath increases and my body can't sit calmly, it feels like I want to cry so much and don't want to stay at one place.
I am looking for a psychologist specialist in dissociation and dissociative disorder for online consultation. I am so confused with this experiences. All I want is authentication and help. So if any psychologist who have a greater understanding in treating dissociative disorder will be very helpful.
Respected sir/madam, I am feeling me more weak mentally, when I see a boy taller than me, or stronger than me, I fell very uncomfortable, and I always think me very small from him. And I always think about this. I can not think positive long time. And then it happens breath problem, I can not concentrate to reading. My brain is very unstable and it forces me to think these and makes me mentally weak. And often my heart is becoming weak. What shall I do?
My brother 28 year old fight with every one with small small talking n high angerness and not care for family?
What will be effect of my smoking from 30 years back? any suggestions for me now? I am 60 years old, no bp, no sugar.
Sir/mam, I am 20 years old. I can not think properly to come up with the best solutions. I want to increase my intelligence in every field of view to become a versatile person. Please guide me.
I am 23 old, and I am studying CA. I have lot to study, the exams are coming. But I can not put my concentration in my studies. Always I am busy with my phones or laptop or other things. Look like not interested in studies. But I want to become a CA. I feel my memory power getting lower day by day, and physically and mentally I am not fit, I do not know what to do. How can I put time into studies effectively. Please help me with this.
Everyone desires to have a partner who can be their strength, a person who can help them sail through when the going gets tough. A perfect love filled, hassle free relationship tops the priority list of most people. Of late, the ideal 'made for each other' couples have become a thing of the past. Stress, work pressure, the mad rush to be at the pinnacle is taking a serious toll on a person's physical and mental health.
Many relationships have gone kaput due to irreconcilable differences. At times, the problem is not about infidelity, but compatibility. Love is there, but understanding is long gone. Under such circumstances, a therapist or a marriage counsellor comes as a ray of hope. Couples therapy has been instrumental in getting many relationships back on track.
Couples therapy cannot miraculously solve the complications and compatibility issues. For a relationship to work, both the partners need to make a conscious and sincere effort. The following tips, can go a long way to make the couples therapy work.
- No one is born perfect: To err is human. Imperfections will be there. The trick is to create and enjoy small perfect moments out of the imperfections. Do not fall for fairytale love stories. Believe it or not, even fairytale love stories come with their own set of imperfections. Couples therapy amalgamated with this fact can work wonders for your relationship.
- Choose the right therapist: An experienced therapist or counsellor will make the therapy much more effective. Thus choosing the right therapist becomes a determining factor in the overall success of the therapy.
- Discuss in detail: A wise man had once said; do not hide anything from your doctor and lawyer. If you want the therapy and your relationship to work, open up to the therapist. Be transparent and honest. To chalk out an effective therapy, the therapist needs to know every detail.
- Express your point of view: Couples therapy without the involvement of both the partners is meaningless and futile. The partners need to express their point of view. It helps a great deal to ease out the tension and awkwardness between the couple.
- Don't lose hope Couples therapy does not always guarantee 100% success. A lot of factors go into its success. A therapist is no magician. This should not demoralise you. Set realistic goals, be patient with the therapy. With time, things will change for the better.
- Be regular with the sessions: Work can wait, but a relationship, once lost, will be gone forever. Give your relationship the time and priority it deserves. A therapist knows what work for your relationship. Both the partners should participate in the activities assigned by the therapist.
The activities, if practiced diligently, will do your relationship, a world of good. Every relationship goes through a lean phase. Consult a therapist before it spoils your relationship. Reach out at to know everything about couples therapy.
Exercise: to relieve stress and lift your mood. Exercise is a powerful antidote to stress, anxiety, and depression. Look for small ways to add activity to your day, like taking the stairs instead of the elevator or going for a short walk. To get the most mental health benefits, aim for 30 minutes or more of exercise per day.
- get a dose of sunlight every day. Sunlight lifts your mood, so try to get at least 10 to 15 minutes of the sun per day. This can be done while exercising, gardening, or socializing.
- limit alcohol and avoid cigarettes and other drugs. These are stimulants that may unnaturally make you feel good in the short term but have long-term negative consequences for mood and emotional health
I have very angry lately.Every thing seems to irritate me as a result i either shout out loud on my close ones or cry for days at a stretch. I know its a problem, but how can i help myself?
I am 32, at times I feel stammer, like facing new people/environment, meeting, interview, etc. And I could not complete my words specifically, those words which require to use upper phrase, to raise tongue above, example: irr. Ra. Raa. Il. La. Etc. Appreciate your kind suggestion to resolve it quickly.
(Synchronised full body massage)
Abhyangam is a gentle full body massage with selected herbal warm-oils . Abhyangam is one of the most rejuvenating treatment of Ayurveda. This stimulating treatment increases blood circulation, which in turn encourages quick removal of metabolic wastes, while providing relief in diseases such as:- Anxiety, Fatigue, Circulatory disorders, Rheumatic & Arthritic problems, Backaches & injuries
Abhyangam is recommended for stress relief, nervous stimulation, toning up of muscles, rejuvenation & immunization & also ideal for post delivery/natal care.