Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ankur Patel
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ankur PatelYour feedback matters!
Mam/ sir, my husband passed away last july 2 in an accident. Today my daughter who is 6 years old told me negative thoughts arises for her like she might die. How can I treat her?
I want to know about weakness of mind and the body. What are the medicines of it? And what are the precautions for it?
I went though alcohol rehab 10 years ago. On the last day of rehab I was given alcohol .as soon as I consumed the alcohol the air rushed out of me and I was given oxygen immediately. This was given as a deterrent and I was told if I were to drink alcohol this is what would happen to me. What happened? Can you please explain?
I am suffering from OCD since last 7 years Treatment done for 3 years But no improvement Now also suffering from depression It seems now nothing can be done.
I am a married woman for 4 yrs. I have a baby girl of 2 year. After her birth I had a quarrel with my husband which creates a huge gap between us. He used to hate me. We do not have physical relation for last 3 years. But he performs his duty as a father and lives with me like a roommate. It hurts me a lot. So I transfered my job to another district and now I live with me baby and my parents. He lives in his house along with his parents. He visited my place after 15 days each. But till now we hv no physical relation. Is it affect our family life. please suggest me.
Career counselling can be defined as a process that helps an individual to gain an understanding of oneself and the various interests to make a firm decision about the career choice and further education plans. It helps in managing a variety of problems such as managing time, help in increasing the concentration levels, resolving various conflicts between parents and children in a family regarding what profession should a child choose.
Career counselling is required by everyone at one point in time as it helps in gaining an insight and hence illuminates us regarding our career opportunities and various improvements that a person can make. There are different roles performed by the career counsellors which are mentioned below:
- They help in making the correct assessment of aptitude, personality, interests and other aspects of an individual.
- It helps an individual to gain access to the resources and knowledge that are possessed by career expert.
- It helps in gaining confidence to cross the hurdles in one’s life and give a right direction with respect to different aspects of one’s life be it maintaining social relationships, personal life or any other career problem.
- It helps in modifying the abnormal behavioural patterns, especially in case of children. These behavioural patterns may involve the procrastination, ignorance of one’s mental and emotional health, low self-esteem etc. A career counsellor helps in correcting these behavioural patterns and makes a person indulge in more productive activities at any place.
- It helps in connecting students to the professionals having extensive experiences in life to share.
Psychology has played a very prominent role in counselling. Other than handling emotional difficulties, counselling follows a more holistic approach in dealing with various issues. Psychology is an integrated part of the field like career counselling where more emphasis is given upon the understanding thoughts and feelings of others. The roles like performing personality assessments require the knowledge of psychology where a person should have a detailed knowledge of different theoretical perspectives of personality and other underlying principles.
Hence, to work as a counsellor, you should have a professional educational qualification in psychiatry, psychology, or social work. The career counsellors have to be very effective in dealing with people; therefore they should be having good communication skills and should be able to establish rapport with the clients. They should be having the good connection with the education institutions such as schools, colleges, etc. The practitioners should be able to handle associations of large or small groups. They should be willing to take initiatives and work as a team. They should be flexible while dealing with different people and working on various aspects. They should have a good adaptability with respect to changes that take place in the environment.
Therefore, career counselling is not just a matter of good communication but a lot more than that. It involves a variety of skills and knowledge to deal with people’s problems. Also, knowledge of psychology is very much essential for being a career counsellor. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I'm 25 years old. I'm going through a very depressing stage right now. I have people around me. But I'm not able to express them my feelings and emotions that are destroying me day by day slowly and steadily. At times I feel like no one is there who will be able to understand my feelings and all those emotional turbulence I'm going through. I have zero hope from my life nowadays. I don't know how I will be able to get through this situation. Day by day I'm drowning in depression and I have no one to pull me out from there.
Depression is a mental state which is not easily identified in its early stages; it is evident only when the symptoms become obvious. You may overlook it as a passing phase, and assume it to be normal. The people around you may also get used to the symptoms and accommodate accordingly. This can make the identification of depression even more complicated. Homeopathic treatments are entirely natural and do not carry any side effects. They are holistic treatments that get rid of the cause instead of just treating the symptoms of depression. The various homeopathic remedies for depression are:
- For anxiety related depression: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy that is used in the treatment of anxiety. The symptoms that it is used to treat are the ones, which occur suddenly and make you extremely pessimistic. For acute panic attacks, this medicine is very effective. Some other medicines that are also used to treat anxiety are Argentum Nitricum and Arsenic album.
- For depression in teenagers: Kali phos is a very effective homeopathic remedy for treating depression in teenagers, the causes of which are usually hormonal changes and high levels of stress. In some cases, depression may also be triggered by genetic factors. Ignatia is also used to treat depression in teenagers.
- Stress related depression: Kali phos is used to treat stress-related depression. It also helps in treating fatigue with homeopathy.
- Insomnia that results from depression: To remedy insomnia resulting from depression, you can opt for Kali Phos and Coffea Cruda.
- Severe depression: If the symptoms of depression are very severe and include suicidal tendencies, Aurum Metallicum may be recommended.
- Depression resulting from menopause: It is common for a woman to undergo a phase(s) of depression during menopause. The homeopathic remedies that are used in the treatment of this condition are Lachesis and sepia.
- Seasonal affective disorder: This type of disorder usually occurs during the winter season. The treatment for this disorder is prescribed after a proper diagnosis of the symptoms. Ignatia is a remedy that is usually recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.