Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ankur Patel
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ankur PatelYour feedback matters!
My son is unable to concentrate on studies and failed to pass exams due to fear and tension pl advise we are unable to find out the reasons as hr does not mingle with parents and even with friends.
I have a memory problem. I am not able to remember things for long time. Ge could I solve this problem.
I feel very much depressed especially when I am at home. There is always a worry in my mind about anything that comes in my mind. Thoughts are uncontrollable. My palms and feet gets sweating due to tensions. Always worry about future. Any thoughts get in my mind I start worrying. Due to this I am unable to sleep late night which impact on my food digestion. Please help me to get out of this. Is there any medicine for this?
Smoking 4 cigrate a day can cause cancer. As I used to smoke 6 a day and reduced to 4 now. I also get throat infection easily n cough n cold too. Pls suggest some remedy n do's n don't.
Since childhood I speak very fast and some times I feel difficult in speaking few words. How to reduce it.
Do gals have 90% signs of lesbians. Like holding hands of there besties or sis kissing on der cheeks, gossipin with them or sleeping. Are this d signs of lesbians.
Hello doctor! I'm 20 years old and i'm in a relationship from past 2 years with a boy. Though there had been many ups and downs in our relationship but this guy as promised never left me alone. He loves me a lot and does so much for me but he used to have a very bad cannabis addiction but it was not a big deal for me. He left everything for me . But then he again started it for a week. And then again left all that because I left him. Both our families know somewhat about us. But the guy has very bad image. Every other person comes and says bad about him that He's only using Me and about his past. I had straight away talked to him about it also but that's all ok. whenever we get intimate after that I get the feeling that He's only using me. Every little action of his like not talking on phone immediately for some reason it all makes Me feel so sad. I get very depressed as i'm not again able to trust him completely on that he will completely leave the cannabis though he has promised me. He meets me everyday and on phone call as well doesn't go to his friends for me. But still I feel very insecure. It feels that he will leave me. He is not listening to my problems and keeps on telling that he has headache after sex and all that. He lows I feel such way he tries to convince me but my mind doesn't makes up. Please help.
Dear sir I have a problem of weakness and memory lose I am not remember name and face in my mind. So please help me to solve my prblm.
My mother 94, gets in to depression often and gets confused with the time line and places. Talks a lot, cries and get horribly abusive. What cabn be done?
Sir, I am 21 years old boy, now I cant concentrate my mind and my medically energy is getting very low. What to do?
Depression follows the trajectory opposite to contentment. It has adverse effects on a person's mental and physical health. Being depressive is not a choice; it is a condition. The fact that despondency is not an elected way of life is a mystery to many. People surrounding a depressed person should make conscious efforts in treating them with love and dignity. Subjecting a person to strict deadlines, stringent rules or excessive pressure could worsen their situation.
Ways to tackle a depressed family member:
- Create occasions to enjoy a hearty laugh: If you have a family member suffering from depression you should probably share the benefits of laughter with him or her. Laughter is the best medicine to remedy acute depression. Look for opportunities to crack a joke or make the concerned person play with a pet. You can also take the person to watch humorous movies.
- "You are impossible" is the worst way of approaching a problem: In many cases a depressed person is reported with instances of negativity. Though the expressed negativity makes you feel morbid, do not give up on your family member. The person involuntarily finds reasons to feel hopeless. You should never think the case is beyond any kind of betterment.
- Keep them in a positive environment: Positive ideas can counter dejection. Help the person plan for a great future. Lay stress on how important that person is to you and to the world in general. Keeping one's mind creatively occupied can prove to be effective. Music or any other passion for that matter can help a person get over phases of depression.
- You should not associate depression with perpetual sadness: Depression can have plenty of symptoms. The symptoms vary from one person to another. While some people lack in motivation some might want to harm themselves or others. Many become a recluse. The minute you associate depression with sadness you limit your overview of the actual problem.
- Help the family member take his or her medicines diligently: While counseling helps a few patients of depression some others require medication. A bout of depression will dissuade a person from sticking to his or her medical routine. As a loved one it is your due responsibility to persuade him or her to take medicines regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
My brother is having some redness and pain in his eyes. Specially at the time of study. He got his eyes checked up and no problem was found. If there is no problem than why his eyes are red and have pain?
I am very depressed now. I was good in study in class x and class xii. After passing HS I lost my father, from then all the responsibility of my family come over me though I have a elder brother. Now I am a student of 3rd year math hons . I can't concentrate in my study. I am doing tuition for money. I have a girl friend also. She is brilliant in study but they are very poor . I want that anyhow she can continue this. For this I have earn extra money. But I want to study also . But this is a huge pressure for me. I can not understand what should I do . Please tell how can I concentrate on my study ?
After my break up I got very lonely. I had friends, but soon when j got to know about the 7 selfishness, j distanced myself from everyone. I stay alone now. I don't want anybody, bit at the same time I want people to understand me. I am afraid to get closer to people with the fear of being hurt. I often get mood swings and get get upset. I am not able to free my mind. I have constant fear of losing people, due to which I leave them before they leave me. And I end up being alone. I have financial issues. And I M upset with my body, the way I look. Job dissatisfaction. And a Relationship I have no hopes how further will it last. I am always in tension. Have start hating myself. Please help me. Show me the way for a better life.
Hello. Doctors. 4 months ago. I got my new smart phone. Last one month I noticed I am too much obsessed with my new phone. Too much. Facebook addiction, whatsapp addiction hampered my study. Kindly tell me the solution how to get rid of this obsessive addiction towards new smart phone. Facebook n whatsapp. please help me. My concentration is always diverted to the phne, features,fbk. Whatsapp.
I am 23 year old boy meri problem ye hai ki mai kuch bhi kam jo karna hota hai wo bahut jaldi bhool jata hu jiski bajhe se kabhi kabhi mujhe dant bhi padti hai mai esh problem se kaise bachu.
It's alright to feel low and not so happy at times. Just remember to love yourself no matter what and let that be a tough love so that you live a healthy and fit life.
ACCEPT THE WAY YOU ARE
1. Set a self-acceptance intention.
2. Stop comparing.
3. Choose what makes you unique.
4. Appreciate more.
5. Surround yourself with support.
6. List your achievements.
7. Be happy
8. Intentionally counter negative self-talk with positive words to yourself.
9. Perform acts of kindness
10. Treat yourself to things that make you feel good.
11. Learn how to accept a compliment.