Doctor in Medicare Hospital & ICU
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Medicare Hospital & ICUYour feedback matters!
Constipation is a very common lifestyle disease now a days caused due to stressful life, junk food etc. But can cure easily by following some important things
- drink at least 3 - 4 lit of water daily
- take two spoon of ghee in any form
- take more citrus fruit (whole)
- green leafy vegetables
- eat soaked black raisins
- avoid backery product
- avoid frozen food
- get sound sleep 7-8 hours
- avoid late night eating
What is new drum repair surgery?
Majority of patients coming with ear discharge or hole in ear drum or hearing loss when advised Tympanoplasty or Tympano-mastoidectomy ask what is new ear drum? Tympanoplasty means exploration of middle ear , removal of disease if there any and repair of ear drum &/or ossicles (3 tiny bones for hearing). New drum formation takes place after 3 wks or more, after we put temporalis fascia taken from behind & above pinna or perchondrium &/or cartilage as graft when disease demand only ,then mastiod bone (which is extension of middle ear cleft behind) is also drilled open or removed. Bones of hearing may be refashioned from existing ones if needed or may be cartilage or titanium etc prosthesis can be used to improve hearing. Successful operation means stoppage of discharge, closure of hole and improvement in hearing. Patient should not have complaints of persistent pain or itching hence preoperative nasal sinus and throat infections must be treated and pt must avoid cold exposure and infections. Head wash must be avoided for 3wks so also forceful blowing nose. However a valsalva exercise in absence of cold is beneficial. Microsurgery of ear today has very high success rate,done under local anaesthesia except in children and should not be feared. patient can go back to his/her town next day and resume work on day 3rd.
I am male 17. My are hands shaking even if I hold a small spoon. People say it's nervous weakness. I don't know how to solve it. Now a days many of my friends told me that when I keep hands on their shoulders my hands are shaking. Even while I'm doing workouts I feel that. So I stopped gym. I'm talking good food. I don't eat any junk food.
Are you noticing brown, scaly patches developing on your skin? Do you feel an itching sensation in the affected areas? These symptoms may indicate Erythrasma, a skin disease caused by the Gram-positive bacterium called Corynebacterium minutissimum. This type of skin disease is more common among diabetic patients and people suffering from obesity. This condition is likely to affect people living in warm climates. The border of an erythrasma infected area is very well defined. A sharp, contrasting border is present between the erythrasma affected area and the normal skin. The infection is most likely to develop in the folds of skin such as in the groin and inner thigh region, under the arms, in the crevice of buttocks, in the folds under breasts and also in between toes.
The common symptoms of erythrasma are as follows:
- The skin becomes dry and pink.
- Reddish brown scaly patches develop.
- Headaches, weight gain and fatigue are likely.
- Abdominal, chest and joint pain may accompany a urinary tract pain.
By closely observing the affected area, erythrasma can be detected or diagnosed by any physician. In some cases, a Wood’s lamp may be utilized. This device emits UV light on the skin, helping the doctor to examine the skin condition. Some areas are scraped with a tiny blade by the doctor to collect samples. These samples are then tested in the laboratory for a detailed diagnosis.
In adults, erythrasma can be cured by applying several methods and techniques. Some of them are listed below:
- Scrub the patches on your skin using an anti-bacterial soap. This willreduce the infection and help in curing the rash.
- Use gels and oral medication,as prescribed by yourdoctor.
- Apply topical antibiotic lotions to the affected area for quick and efficient healing.
- Use a solution of aluminum chloride, which will helpin the inhibition of moisture and sweat.
- A special ointment made of benzoic acidand salicylic acid is effective.
- Use of certain oral antibiotics are also considered efficacious.
The medicines aim at eliminating the infection and preventing the recurrence or development of more complications. Antibacterial products help in eliminating the bacteria.
Photodynamic therapyusing red light can also be used to cure erythrasma. This therapy also treats rashes.
For the prevention of erythrasma, you should:
- Maintain proper weight and proper hygiene
- Avoid excessive heat and moisture
- Use antibacterial soaps
- Use erythromycin gel
- Use antibiotics when the infection is severe
With proper treatment, erythrasma can be totally cured. It is recommended that you visit a doctor for the best diagnosis and for knowing about the most effective treatment methods.
Viral fever refers to a wide range of conditions caused by viral infections of the body. These infections lead to an elevation of body temperature, along with a variety of other symptoms such as headaches, body aches, chills and skin rashes. Viral fever can affect people of all age groups and may even be highly contagious if it is not contained and treated.
What causes viral fever?
Viral fever is caused by the infestation of viruses that spread through various avenues. These viruses enter the body and multiply at a specific site, leading to an infection that manifests itself as the symptoms of fever. This fever may be chronic or acute, depending on the nature of the infection and can easily spread from one person to another.
Some of the ways in which viral fever spreads are as follows:
Consumption of contaminated food and water.
Contact with contaminated surfaces.
Contact with infected animals.
The symptoms of viral fever begin to show after an incubation period during which the virus multiplies within the body. The nature and duration of the illness varies from case to case. The most common symptoms of viral fever that accompany high body temperatures include the following:
Redness of the eyes
Inflammation of the throat
How is viral fever treated?
A case of viral fever can be quite easily treated if there is an absence of complications. For this, the illness simply needs to be diagnosed early. The use of antibiotics and steroids for treatment is advised against unless the infections have escalated beyond a certain extent. Some of the ways to treat viral fever are:
Prescription of antiviral medication
Adequate bed rest
Ample fluid intake
Administration of nasal decongestants
In most cases, the illness gets treated within the span of a few days. However, if the symptoms persist any longer, it is advisable to consult a specialist to check for underlying problems or complications.
Recovery from a hernia after the surgery will need a time of approximately 2-3 weeks. The time for recovery also depends upon the surgery performed. An open surgery performed through a large incision across the region of a hernia will require a longer hospital stay and a longer time for recovery, whereas, in contrast, a laparoscopic surgery performed with 2-3 small incisions will heal faster and will need a shorter hospitalization.
The recovery process can be speeded up by taking appropriate care, and recovery tips for it are as follows:
- Medication should regularly be taken as recommended by the doctor to lessen the symptoms of the surgery.
- Wound care should be taken properly.
- Dressings should be kept clean and dry, and they need to be changed very frequently in order to avoid the infection.
- A persistent cough and sneezing need to be treated with the proper medication.
- Keep a pillow nearby.
- Every time while coughing and sneezing hold the pillow over the suture in order to prevent pressure on the sutures.
- Use an abdominal binder of a proper size. It supports the abdominal muscle and maintains abdominal pressure.
- Use clothing which is expandable and has elastic waistbands whenever there is swelling.
- Swelling over the incision is a common complication after the surgery. Thus, the incision area should not be closed tightly by wearing tight clothing.
- Wearing expandable cloths will give more comfort and will not cause pain due to pressure. Take a stool softener before and after surgery.
- Constipation should be treated before the surgery and should be avoided after the surgery by using stool softeners.
- Straining for the stools will create pressure over the incision and hernia repair site and will delay the recovery.
- Eat healthy food. The food should be fiber-rich as it will help to improve the bowel movements, and it will avoid the risk of constipation.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid constipation and improve the bowel movement.
- Do not bend to pick up the things or maintain personal hygiene, i.e., cutting toenails as it will create pressure on the sutures and it may break open.
- Avoid lifting of any objects as it will create pressure on sutures and will increase the risk of rupture. After a certain period of time, lift only light items (less than 20 pounds), and always use back muscles and knees.
- Do moderate exercises, such as walking, as it will speed up the recovery. Do not start with heavy exercises.
- Smoking should be avoided after the surgery as it will improve breathing and blood circulation, which will help in the healing process.