Salicylic Peel Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstruction of Smile Procedures
Revlite Laser Procedure
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Prp Hair Transplantation
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Pityriasis Rosea Treatment
Ear Reconstruction Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Earlobe Correction Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Chin Reduction Treatment
Chemical Peel Treatment
Submit a review for Dr Ashutosh Shah ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Consultation from this Amazing dr resolved half of my problems. Precise consultation and very warm service and courteous Staff..
Dr.Aashutosh sir is a great doctor who listens to the patient and takes care of him/her with great attention.
Very good Doctor. Great human being.
It is human nature to want to look good and feel good. A young, smiling face that greets you in the mirror can be one of the happiest moments on a given day. However, it is not always the case. With age, the image that looks back leaves a lot to be desired. The wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, tanning spots, etc. seem to take away a lot of the beauty. However, with these concerns growing, the cosmetic industry has found out ways to mask these and keep that face in the mirror young and happy.
While earlier only celebrities could afford such treatments, now more and more people have access to simple but effective techniques to keep their youthful looks intact.
What is Botox?
It is a control use of a toxin to get desired paralysis the muscle according to three individual patient. In even extremely minor amounts, this toxin can relaxes muscles and this property of it is used to treat facial wrinkles and fine lines. This was accidentally discovered but is now one of the most widely used techniques in cosmetic surgery.
How does it work?
The nerves send messages to the muscles to contract or relax through neurotransmitters. Acetylcholine is one such neurotransmitter and sends signals to the skin from the nerves. Botox acts by preventing the release of this chemical. The result is that the muscle does not receive a signal to contract. The end result is reduced wrinkles and fine lines.
Uses: The forehead and corners of the eyes are the most common areas that are treated with Botox. The wrinkles are often lost and the skin looks younger and firmer. In addition, Botox is also medically approved for use in the following conditions.
- Blepharospasm (spasm of the eyelids)
- Lazy eye (strabismus)
- Chronic migraine and headaches
- Chronic spasms in the neck
- Overactive bladder (resulting in frequent urination)
- Spasticity resulting from stroke
- Excessive sweating
- Esophageal motility disorders
- Urinary incontinence
- Bruxism (tooth grinding)
- Crow’s feet (outer corner of the eyes)
With Botox gaining popularity, this list of indications is only set to get longer.
Precautions: This is a highly potent toxin and about 2 kg is sufficient to wipe out the entire human race. Therefore, it is very important to use this under the hands of a trained, experienced professional.
- Mild pain or redness at the injection site
- Temporary numbness
- Allergic reaction to toxin (very rare)
These are very transient and disappear over a couple of days’ time, revealing the real benefits of Botox. Set realistic expectations with your surgeon and be ready to look at a younger, happier you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic surgeon.
Hair transplant is a permanent one time solution for hair loss. Nowadays due to better understanding of anatomy surgeons are doing follicular unit transplantation. There are major two methods for harvesting the hair from donor sites: fut and fue.
There is a continuous discussion in hair transplant surgeons about which method is best for hair transplant for scalp baldness.
My views on this subject are as follows.
1. Fut gives a single linear scar. This scar is visible only if you shave completely. But if you are going for ht we believe that the person is not going to stay bald anyway. So scar is never visible.
2. Fut gives a linear scar. With help of trichophytic closure, hair grow through scar also. So nobody can see your scar.
3. Fut gives linear single scar that if not happy with can be transplanted with few graft to hide it. Even scalp micropigmentation may help to improve the quality of the scar.
4. If done by good surgeon the fut scar is barely visible. As marketed against. It does not pain. It does not cause any problems later. There are no need to remove sutures. Stiches does not hurt you. It does not get infected.
5. The linear scar gives you 2500 to 3000 follicles in single stage. It leaves you with natural density in other donor area, that can be used for 2nd sitting of ht later in life.
6. After 1st fut session you can get done second session of ht by either again fut or fue. Fut scar can be removed in second stage. So leaves only one scar at the end. Fue even can be done after 1st session of fut with good yield of hair.
7. It can be used with fue for megasessions
8. It is always in permanent zone. The hair from fut never fall.
9. Over all scar on scalp is less, gives good amount of hair follicles, with future chance of second session from same donor area as the donor site density never get reduced.
10. Fut can also be done in cases of 1st session of fue
11. In fut hair other than an agent phase can also be used for transplant.
1. If used as first stage will use most of the donor area
2. As fue uses large area of scalp, over all scalp scarring is more.
3. In contrary to belief fue scars also are visible if you shave.
4. It causes permanent reduction of donor site. The same area cannot be used again. So it is very difficult for young boys to get second sitting in case of 1st sitting with fue.
5. There are multiple small circular scar that numbers around 3 to 4000. It causes pulling of existing hair roots. This makes the second session by fue all the more difficult with increased transaction rates.
6. Fue uses larger area of scalp. So there are more chances of harvest from non permanent zone and those hair may fall in future.
7. Fut graft are surrounded by supporting structures while fue grafts are unsupported, very thin near hair root level. So chances of drying or damage wile implanting may be more compared to fut.
8. Fue grafts contain skin element on top. So if not implanted deep. Chances of epidermal cyst, cobblestone appearance and decreased density are more possible in fue.
9. In fue there are chances of buried follicles and also transaction. So at time of harvest it is a follicle loss. While in fut theoretically all follicles can be used for implanting.
10. Fue can be done by two or three persons only. While fut a team may work for follicles dissection. So time for surgery is more in fue.
11. As the time taken is more. Charge per follicle is also more for fue in most of the clinics.
12 second fue in same area will leave you with more scars.
13. Chances of shock loss are more in fue than fut.
Advantages of FUE.
1. It does not depend on the team
2. It does not produce linear scar so can be marketed as no scar technique, which is a myth.
3. It can in combination with fut give large amount of hair follicles
4. It can be used for donor sites other than scalp. Namely beard, chest hair and other body hair where cut and suturing not possible
5. It is good for small needs like. Eyebrows, eyelashes, moustache and scar revision.
6. Theoretically all active follicles in an agent phase are taken so hair growth with fue come little early than fut.
7. For white hair FUT is difficult while fue is more helpful.
So over all both are the method for harvesting hair from permanent donor zone. It does not effect the result much. The result depends on direction and density of transplanted hair. Patients and specifically young ones have to understand the importance of fut method. They must ask the transplant doctors about which method he or she is offering. Patients should choose those who offer both methods as they can get better yield.
Fue is marketed as no scar no stiches no pain method. This is totally wrong. This gives permanent 3 to 4000 circular scars, leaves you with reduced donor density and therefore very much decreased possibility of second session.
Plastic surgeons usually offer both methods while dermatologist and other transplant doctors offer only fue. Patients must be aware of advantages and disadvantages of both methods.
In the recent days of fashion and exposure, more and more people want their hair removed. They use plucking, threading, waxing, creams, shaving etc. But all these methods are temporary and have side effects. Laser hair removal is permanent painless option to remove unwanted hair.
In females, upper lip- chin, cheeks, under arms, legs and bikney area are common sites for lhr. While in males beard shaping, eyebrows setting, chest and back with forearms and private parts are the common sites.
Hair removal laser works on black pigment of active hair root and cause permanent damage to it, so that hair cannot grow in future. So that it cannot work on brown or grey- white hair. All hair roots are not active at a given point of time. So in one sitting all hair can't be removed and it requires multiple sittings- 5 to 6 routinely.
Lhr causes hair growth retardation, delay in growth, permanent hair removal. 85 to 90 percent hair are removed permanently. Remaining will become very thin and colorles.
In ladies with hair on lips and chin, hormone check up required to get good results.
Lhr is painless, permanent hair removal method with very good results at affordable prices.
In this competetive world we all want to look good. Beautiful face is God's gift, but we all can glow our own face by taking small steps.
- take water in plenty amount
- avoid direct sunlight
- use sunscreen when ever want to go out
- use physical barrier too for covering your face while in Sun
- use good moisturiser
- take green leafy vegitables
- take help of doctor fro regular creams adn laser facial etc.
- maintenance is must for good facial glow
Dear All Teenagers,
Gynecomastia is a very common problem in males of teenage. Almost 75 percent of males affected by this problem due to temporary surge of female hormones in males. This causes breast like chest in boys. Mostly it is a reversible phenomenon but if it gets fibrosed then it needs surgical removal. The breast like chest causes shame in boys and cause of low esteem in them. In severe cases it may cause depression. There is scarless solution for gynecomastia. It is a day care surgery. There is no need to get admitted in hospital. You can take 2 or 3 days leave from your work. The results are so natural that nobody can find the way surgery is done. In surgery liposuction and mammary gland excision done.
Dr Ashutosh Shah
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon
Burning your skin is a very traumatic experience and can leave behind scars that remind one of the traumatic incident. Scarring caused by burns may fade a little with time but are usually permanent. Apart from affecting your appearance severe burns can also affect the functioning of the body. Burns can make a person withdraw socially by making him or her afraid of how people will accept them with their scars as well as make them depressed about their appearance.
Burn repair surgery can be categorised under two headings: Acute and Reconstructive
- Acute repair surgery happens immediately after the burn and deals with large burns and burns that affect critical areas. The focus here is to close the skin in case of open burns and help the skin heal.
- Reconstructive burn surgery addresses the skin after the initial burn wounds have healed. The goal here is to improve the appearance of the scars and ensure no lasting loss of functioning. Reconstructive burn surgery has a high success rate.
There are many types of reconstructive surgeries for burns and the type of surgery best suited to a patient is based on the location of the scar, the extent of scarring and the patient’s personal goals.
- Skin grafts: This involves the removal of healthy skin tissues from one part of the body and transplanting it to the burn site. This skin graft may include only a few outer layers of skin or may involve the entire dermis. This is used in cases of severe burns where a large section of the dermis is affected.
- Microsurgery: This is a procedure where the surgeon reattaches or reconstructs severed fingers, toes, ears etc by sewing together blood vessels and nerves. This is often used alongside other surgical procedures.
- Free flap procedure: In this procedure, muscle, bone or skin is transferred from one part of the body to another to reconstruct the area. This type of surgery is often accompanied by microsurgery.
- Tissue expansion: This involves the insertion of a balloon expander under the skin near the burn site. As the balloon is filled with saline, the skin stretches and grows. Once the skin has stretched enough, the expander is removed and the skin can then be used to repair burn scars.
This procedure has many advantages as the skin colour and texture are a near perfect match thus reducing scarring to a large extent. However, it is a very slow procedure and can take a few months. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.