Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr Ashutosh Shah ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I feel strange that I am suffering from hair fall. I found the Dr Ashutosh Shah Clinic itself quite pleasant. I was in too much pain because of hair growth, but even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. The hair regrowth has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. The entire Dr Ashutosh Shah Clinic was spotlessly, clean. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. Dr Ashutosh Shah has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. I am really grateful as his hair regrowth has give me a ray of hope.
Not only Dr Ashutosh Shah is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor. The waiting area in the Dr Ashutosh Shah Clinic is very comfortable for all patients. Even though my problem was very big, the entire experience of undergoing fue hair transplant was very relaxing. I am so much benefitted with his fue hair treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. A friend of mine referred to Ashutosh Shah. The guidance he gave me has helped me immensely with my situation. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Dr Ashutosh Shah Clinic.
I was in so much pain due to my baldness. I consulted Dr Ashutosh Shah. The lab in the Dr Ashutosh Shah Clinic was very clean and well managed. Even after my treatment with my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but Dr Ashutosh Shah has treated my completely. His advice and treatment has helped me immensely. Dr Ashutosh Shah is really like god send person. I was quite impressed with Ashutosh Shah concept of holistic healing. His hair transplant treatment benefitted me to great extent.
I searched Dr Ashutosh Shah online and saw his reviews. He has expert knowledge in the field. The overall cleanliness in the Dr Ashutosh Shah Clinic was amazing. My previous experiences were not so good, but Ashutosh Shah has completely changed my opinion as he is very helpful and humble. Due to my hair growth treatment, I got my confidence back and I am thankful to him .
My boss referred me Dr Ashutosh Shah. His guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. The laser hair treatment benefitted me to great extent. The facilities available in the Dr Ashutosh Shah Clinic are very nice. He ensures that he listen to his patients. I consulted number of specialists but the way he treated me was the best.
I had a burning mark on my face for which I wanted to go for facial plastic surgery treatment. As it was a risky treatment so I consulted many doctors on website, I got to know about Dr Ashutosh Shah. He si a famous Cosmetic surgeon in Gujarat. I am really ebenfitte with his treatment.I owe him a big thank.
dr Ashutosh Shah helped me for my dental and serious jaw condition for my accident injuries on my face after at his clinic dr Ashutosh Shah Clinic which is located at Surat. His medications and treatment for my condition have been very effective and I started gaining my confidence again.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my gynecomastia. The Dr Ashutosh Shah Clinic is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of. Ashutosh Shah has expert knowledge in the field.
dr Ashutosh Shah is one of the best cosmetic and plastic surgeon in Surat at Dr Ashutosh Shah Clinic. He is a good listener and very professional. He treated my acne scars.
Consultation from this Amazing dr resolved half of my problems. Precise consultation and very warm service and courteous Staff..
Dr.Aashutosh sir is a great doctor who listens to the patient and takes care of him/her with great attention.
Very good Doctor. Great human being.
Over the past decade, many women have opted for Breast Augmentation Surgery. It is a surgical process to improve the aesthetics of one's breast. Apart from giving a much needed lift to the bust size, the augmented breasts can lift up your confidence. Breast Augmentation Surgery, if gone wrong, can create a havoc. The outcome of the surgery can be influenced by a number of factors. Thus, before going under the knife, some important and vital points need to be taken care of.
- It is advisable to avail the services of an experienced surgeon, who has a higher success rate. A lot of confusions and apprehensions may arise during course of the surgery. An experienced surgeon will ease out the tension to a great extend and guide you better.
- Breast Augmentation is no child's play. Do not embark on breast augmentation surgery if you are below 18 years of age. It can result in serious health complications. Surgery can wait, but health once lost, will be gone forever.
- Know the type of implants to be used. Saline and Silicone implants are commonly used in breast augmentation. Both the implants come with their own sets of merits and demerits.
Being softer and smoother, Silicone implants give the augmented breasts a very natural feel. The chances of scalloping (the skin around the breasts appear wavy) are negligible in case of Silicone implants. However, the Silicone implants come pre-filled. Thus, a bigger incision is needed to get it inserted. Though approved by the FDA, leakage of the silicone implants into the body has been reported. The leakage can affect the health seriously. Interference of Silicone implants with the mammogram can also pose a serious threat.
The Saline implants, on the other hand, are not pre filled. Thus, a small incision is all it takes to get the implants inserted. Once inserted, the implants are filled with saline solution. The saline implants can also leak into the body, without any serious implications. The biggest limitation of saline implants is in the fact that it gives the breasts a very hard feel. Scalloping cannot be ruled out either.
Things to take care of:
- Do not go for breast augmentation surgery if you are planning to start a family in 1-2 years of time. A weaning or lactating lady should also avoid the surgery.
- The exact location of the implant is an important factor to ponder upon. One can go for an under the muscle or over the muscle implants.
- One can opt for a round implant or a tear shaped implant. The biggest USP of tear shaped implant lies in the fact that it gives a very natural feel to the augmented breasts. The round implants, on the other hand, are much safer to use.
- Go for the surgery only when you are physically, mentally and emotionally fit and healthy.
Non-surgical cosmetic procedures are non-invasive procedures that make the skin look smoother and unblemished. These include dental cosmetic procedures as well, which are carried out to make your teeth look whiter and properly aligned.
Since surgical procedures are complicated with certain risk factors involved, they may not always be the preferred choice. This is when non-surgical procedures come in. Non-surgical cosmetic procedures can reduce wrinkles, alter the appearance of the lips, remove blemishes, moles and thread veins and even smooth the surface of the skin.
What are the types of non-surgical treatments you can opt for?
There are several types of non-surgical treatments. The commonly-used ones include:
Botox or botunilaum toxin type a is treatment used for removing skin blemishes. It is injected into a particular part of the face to reduce fine lines and wrinkles that usually appear at middle age. It is very popular as people consider it as an effective and relatively safer procedure compared to other invasive procedures.
• Dermal fillers
Dermal fillers are injections that are used to fill in wrinkles and creases on the skin surface. They also play a part in increasing the volume and size of the lips.
Chemical peels are specifically designed liquids that remove dead skin cells on the surface of the skin and accelerate the growth of new cells. They improve the general appearance of the skin, reduce uneven pigmentation and eliminate acne. There are three types of chemical peels - superficial, medium and deep.
• Non-surgical laser treatments
These forms of treatment are usually used to remove unwanted hair on the face and body, and to remove tattoos from the skin surface. In laser hair removal treatment, a laser beam is used to heat the small cavities in the skin from which the hair grow out. This process damages the follicles and reduces the growth of hair.
Microdermabrasion is a procedure in which fine crystals and vacuum are used to remove dead cells from the skin surface. It successfully eliminates wrinkles and skin blemishes.
What are the risks?
Non-surgical procedures are less harmful than surgical procedures. However, over correction can be difficult to treat, as well as asymmetrical placement of fillers and allergic reactions to the procedures. You should discuss the allergies and other potential complications of the procedure with the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
Abdominoplasty is a surgical procedure where fat and loose skin is removed to tighten the tummy area. In addition to fat removal, the connective tissues and muscles in the surrounding area are tightened as well. It is usually preferred only if diet and exercise have failed to achieve the desired results.
Reasons to opt for abdominoplasty
- If the lower abdominal wall is weak
- If excess skin is present around your tummy
- If you have retracted scarring from previous pregnancies
There are certain cases where abdominoplasty is not recommended such as wanting to lose weight, if the person is affected by chronic conditions like diabetes and an unhealthy body mass index.
Incisions are made in the tummy to eliminate the fat and the loose skin from the tummy. The skin around the bellybutton is contoured by removing the bellybutton and suturing it back to its regular position.
Once the surgery is completed, the incisions are covered with medical dressing. There could be some pain in the area which can be regulated by medications administered through intravenous injections. The excess blood and fluid will be drained out through tubes. An abdominal binder (supportive clothing) needs to be worn for about two months in order to provide proper support during the healing period.
Risks associated with the surgery
Some major complications that may arise from this procedure are infections and blood clots. If you have any previous disorders such as ineffective blood circulation, heart disease or lung problems then the chances of complications after surgery is very high. These surgeries cause scars in the body which may not completely fade away.
Post procedure care
You need to follow certain precautions after the surgery is completed. You should avoid any strenuous activity to allow the area to heal properly. You also need to take care of the bandages as the area will be stitched and bandaged by the surgeon.
Eyelid surgery or Blepharoplasty is a cosmetic surgery, which is used to correct droopy eyelids. It reduces the saggy quality of lower eyelids which you get with age and also rids of the excess skin from the upper lids. Apart from making your eyes look younger, Blepharoplasty also enhances your peripheral vision which can get affected due to sagging skin. An eyelid surgery does not help you get rid of dark circles or crow's feet which you get on the outer corner of your eyes.
Reasons to Consider Eyelid Surgery
Eyelid surgery is a good option if you want to get rid of the sagging skin from your lower eyelids or the excess skin on your upper eyelids. Sometimes with age your lower eyelids may appear puffy, making you look old and exhausted all the time. An eyelid surgery can make your eyes look younger and livelier and also do away with the grooves and lines formed under your eyes.
Precautions to take after the Surgery
You need to stay indoors after the surgery for more than a week for your eyelids to heal. You may suffer from dry eyes; so always keep ice packs handy. Your doctor may prescribe eye drops or artificial tears, according to your needs. Make sure you always use clean towels and consume painkillers only if your doctor recommends.
It is of primary importance to follow up the surgery with postoperative care. Your doctor will give you detailed information about dressing, a dosage of antibiotics, activity level allowed and also the complications which can arise. Make sure you follow all the instructions and are prepared for the symptoms associated with it.
Risks associated with Eyelid Surgery
Fortunately, major complications associated with Blepharoplasty are rare; yet there could be some side effects of this surgery. Sometimes, there might be cases of infection and bleeding or a bad reaction to anesthesia. Hematoma or accumulation of blood under the skin is also one of the side effects of eyelid surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
Liposuction can be defined as a surgery, which uses the suction technique to pull out bodily fat from various parts. It is more commonly used for certain body parts like the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms or neck and the surgery is performed on both men and women.
However, there are certain facts on liposuction you need to know about:
- Liposuction gives you better skin
It is proven that after a liposuction surgery, the skin becomes more elastic, smooth and adjusts automatically to its new shape.
- The process of liposuction
- Time taken for the results of liposuction to show
After a liposuction surgery, you may not see the results immediately. Compression garments and/or elastic garments are used to get your affected body part to adapt to its new shape.
The side effects of liposuction
A liposuction surgery is mostly safe but in some cases it might just have certain side effects. The most common side effects are: temporary fluid accumulations, short-lived numbness, kidney and heart problems, internal organ damage/puncture, skin irregularities, etc.
Now that you know how it works, there are some factors that you need to keep in mind before going for a liposuction surgery. They are:
- Checking your medical history
The operating doctor should carefully review your medical history before even thinking to start the surgery. This helps to disclose a lot of medical conditions related to the patient that minimize the side effects.
- Checking your family's medical history
The health records of your family should also be reviewed to check for genetic conditions and allergies that might be common amongst the family members. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
The branch of plastic surgery that is generally used for the treatment of burns and other wounds is known as reconstructive plastic surgery. There are numerous surgical methods that fall under this category, which is effectively used to treat these injuries and the related issues that they cause.
What are medical issues caused by burns and wounds?
Some of the most frequently occurring issues that stem from burns and similar wounds are as follows:
- Restriction of mobility
- Aesthetic disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of sensation in the affected area
The different issues are caused by varying kinds of burns and injuries and, hence, each case must be approached in a different manner for remedy.
Different kinds of plastic surgeries that are used for treatment
Depending on the nature of the injury, your plastic surgeon may opt for any of the following surgical methods for treating the problem.
1. Skin grafting
In this procedure, skin is removed from one part of the body and transplanted to the affected area. This method is used for the treatment of burns. There are two types of this surgical procedure - one removes a few layers from the dermis of the donor area (split-thickness graft) while the other removes the entire dermis (full-thickness graft). Recovery time depends on the kind of procedure used. Skin grafting is occasionally used for breast and nose reconstruction as well.
This type of surgery makes the use of a microscope in reconstructive procedures for working on minuscule veins, arteries, and nerves for repairing damaged areas. Microsurgery is often used alongside other surgical procedures for re-attaching body parts, relieving paralysis of the face and in the reconstruction of breasts.
3. Tissue expansion
This method is used to induce the growth of extra skin on the body that can be used for reconstructive purposes. This is done by inserting a balloon expander underneath the skin that slowly gets filled with saline solution and makes the skin swell. This excess skin is then used for correction or reconstruction of the affected area.
4. Free flap procedure
This procedure involves the transfer of skin, bone, muscle and blood supply from the donor area to the damaged area for repairing purposes. Microsurgery is often performed alongside this treatment method, which is used most frequently for breast reconstruction or after the removal of cancer from the neck or head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
It is human nature to want to look good and feel good. A young, smiling face that greets you in the mirror can be one of the happiest moments on a given day. However, it is not always the case. With age, the image that looks back leaves a lot to be desired. The wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, tanning spots, etc. seem to take away a lot of the beauty. However, with these concerns growing, the cosmetic industry has found out ways to mask these and keep that face in the mirror young and happy.
While earlier only celebrities could afford such treatments, now more and more people have access to simple but effective techniques to keep their youthful looks intact.
What is Botox?
It is a control use of a toxin to get desired paralysis the muscle according to three individual patient. In even extremely minor amounts, this toxin can relaxes muscles and this property of it is used to treat facial wrinkles and fine lines. This was accidentally discovered but is now one of the most widely used techniques in cosmetic surgery.
How does it work?
The nerves send messages to the muscles to contract or relax through neurotransmitters. Acetylcholine is one such neurotransmitter and sends signals to the skin from the nerves. Botox acts by preventing the release of this chemical. The result is that the muscle does not receive a signal to contract. The end result is reduced wrinkles and fine lines.
Uses: The forehead and corners of the eyes are the most common areas that are treated with Botox. The wrinkles are often lost and the skin looks younger and firmer. In addition, Botox is also medically approved for use in the following conditions.
- Blepharospasm (spasm of the eyelids)
- Lazy eye (strabismus)
- Chronic migraine and headaches
- Chronic spasms in the neck
- Overactive bladder (resulting in frequent urination)
- Spasticity resulting from stroke
- Excessive sweating
- Esophageal motility disorders
- Urinary incontinence
- Bruxism (tooth grinding)
- Crow’s feet (outer corner of the eyes)
With Botox gaining popularity, this list of indications is only set to get longer.
Precautions: This is a highly potent toxin and about 2 kg is sufficient to wipe out the entire human race. Therefore, it is very important to use this under the hands of a trained, experienced professional.
- Mild pain or redness at the injection site
- Temporary numbness
- Allergic reaction to toxin (very rare)
These are very transient and disappear over a couple of days’ time, revealing the real benefits of Botox. Set realistic expectations with your surgeon and be ready to look at a younger, happier you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic surgeon.
Hair transplant is a permanent one time solution for hair loss. Nowadays due to better understanding of anatomy surgeons are doing follicular unit transplantation. There are major two methods for harvesting the hair from donor sites: fut and fue.
There is a continuous discussion in hair transplant surgeons about which method is best for hair transplant for scalp baldness.
My views on this subject are as follows.
1. Fut gives a single linear scar. This scar is visible only if you shave completely. But if you are going for ht we believe that the person is not going to stay bald anyway. So scar is never visible.
2. Fut gives a linear scar. With help of trichophytic closure, hair grow through scar also. So nobody can see your scar.
3. Fut gives linear single scar that if not happy with can be transplanted with few graft to hide it. Even scalp micropigmentation may help to improve the quality of the scar.
4. If done by good surgeon the fut scar is barely visible. As marketed against. It does not pain. It does not cause any problems later. There are no need to remove sutures. Stiches does not hurt you. It does not get infected.
5. The linear scar gives you 2500 to 3000 follicles in single stage. It leaves you with natural density in other donor area, that can be used for 2nd sitting of ht later in life.
6. After 1st fut session you can get done second session of ht by either again fut or fue. Fut scar can be removed in second stage. So leaves only one scar at the end. Fue even can be done after 1st session of fut with good yield of hair.
7. It can be used with fue for megasessions
8. It is always in permanent zone. The hair from fut never fall.
9. Over all scar on scalp is less, gives good amount of hair follicles, with future chance of second session from same donor area as the donor site density never get reduced.
10. Fut can also be done in cases of 1st session of fue
11. In fut hair other than an agent phase can also be used for transplant.
1. If used as first stage will use most of the donor area
2. As fue uses large area of scalp, over all scalp scarring is more.
3. In contrary to belief fue scars also are visible if you shave.
4. It causes permanent reduction of donor site. The same area cannot be used again. So it is very difficult for young boys to get second sitting in case of 1st sitting with fue.
5. There are multiple small circular scar that numbers around 3 to 4000. It causes pulling of existing hair roots. This makes the second session by fue all the more difficult with increased transaction rates.
6. Fue uses larger area of scalp. So there are more chances of harvest from non permanent zone and those hair may fall in future.
7. Fut graft are surrounded by supporting structures while fue grafts are unsupported, very thin near hair root level. So chances of drying or damage wile implanting may be more compared to fut.
8. Fue grafts contain skin element on top. So if not implanted deep. Chances of epidermal cyst, cobblestone appearance and decreased density are more possible in fue.
9. In fue there are chances of buried follicles and also transaction. So at time of harvest it is a follicle loss. While in fut theoretically all follicles can be used for implanting.
10. Fue can be done by two or three persons only. While fut a team may work for follicles dissection. So time for surgery is more in fue.
11. As the time taken is more. Charge per follicle is also more for fue in most of the clinics.
12 second fue in same area will leave you with more scars.
13. Chances of shock loss are more in fue than fut.
Advantages of FUE.
1. It does not depend on the team
2. It does not produce linear scar so can be marketed as no scar technique, which is a myth.
3. It can in combination with fut give large amount of hair follicles
4. It can be used for donor sites other than scalp. Namely beard, chest hair and other body hair where cut and suturing not possible
5. It is good for small needs like. Eyebrows, eyelashes, moustache and scar revision.
6. Theoretically all active follicles in an agent phase are taken so hair growth with fue come little early than fut.
7. For white hair FUT is difficult while fue is more helpful.
So over all both are the method for harvesting hair from permanent donor zone. It does not effect the result much. The result depends on direction and density of transplanted hair. Patients and specifically young ones have to understand the importance of fut method. They must ask the transplant doctors about which method he or she is offering. Patients should choose those who offer both methods as they can get better yield.
Fue is marketed as no scar no stiches no pain method. This is totally wrong. This gives permanent 3 to 4000 circular scars, leaves you with reduced donor density and therefore very much decreased possibility of second session.
Plastic surgeons usually offer both methods while dermatologist and other transplant doctors offer only fue. Patients must be aware of advantages and disadvantages of both methods.
In the recent days of fashion and exposure, more and more people want their hair removed. They use plucking, threading, waxing, creams, shaving etc. But all these methods are temporary and have side effects. Laser hair removal is permanent painless option to remove unwanted hair.
In females, upper lip- chin, cheeks, under arms, legs and bikney area are common sites for lhr. While in males beard shaping, eyebrows setting, chest and back with forearms and private parts are the common sites.
Hair removal laser works on black pigment of active hair root and cause permanent damage to it, so that hair cannot grow in future. So that it cannot work on brown or grey- white hair. All hair roots are not active at a given point of time. So in one sitting all hair can't be removed and it requires multiple sittings- 5 to 6 routinely.
Lhr causes hair growth retardation, delay in growth, permanent hair removal. 85 to 90 percent hair are removed permanently. Remaining will become very thin and colorles.
In ladies with hair on lips and chin, hormone check up required to get good results.
Lhr is painless, permanent hair removal method with very good results at affordable prices.
In this competetive world we all want to look good. Beautiful face is God's gift, but we all can glow our own face by taking small steps.
- take water in plenty amount
- avoid direct sunlight
- use sunscreen when ever want to go out
- use physical barrier too for covering your face while in Sun
- use good moisturiser
- take green leafy vegitables
- take help of doctor fro regular creams adn laser facial etc.
- maintenance is must for good facial glow
Dear All Teenagers,
Gynecomastia is a very common problem in males of teenage. Almost 75 percent of males affected by this problem due to temporary surge of female hormones in males. This causes breast like chest in boys. Mostly it is a reversible phenomenon but if it gets fibrosed then it needs surgical removal. The breast like chest causes shame in boys and cause of low esteem in them. In severe cases it may cause depression. There is scarless solution for gynecomastia. It is a day care surgery. There is no need to get admitted in hospital. You can take 2 or 3 days leave from your work. The results are so natural that nobody can find the way surgery is done. In surgery liposuction and mammary gland excision done.
Dr Ashutosh Shah
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon
Burning your skin is a very traumatic experience and can leave behind scars that remind one of the traumatic incident. Scarring caused by burns may fade a little with time but are usually permanent. Apart from affecting your appearance severe burns can also affect the functioning of the body. Burns can make a person withdraw socially by making him or her afraid of how people will accept them with their scars as well as make them depressed about their appearance.
Burn repair surgery can be categorised under two headings: Acute and Reconstructive
- Acute repair surgery happens immediately after the burn and deals with large burns and burns that affect critical areas. The focus here is to close the skin in case of open burns and help the skin heal.
- Reconstructive burn surgery addresses the skin after the initial burn wounds have healed. The goal here is to improve the appearance of the scars and ensure no lasting loss of functioning. Reconstructive burn surgery has a high success rate.
There are many types of reconstructive surgeries for burns and the type of surgery best suited to a patient is based on the location of the scar, the extent of scarring and the patient’s personal goals.
- Skin grafts: This involves the removal of healthy skin tissues from one part of the body and transplanting it to the burn site. This skin graft may include only a few outer layers of skin or may involve the entire dermis. This is used in cases of severe burns where a large section of the dermis is affected.
- Microsurgery: This is a procedure where the surgeon reattaches or reconstructs severed fingers, toes, ears etc by sewing together blood vessels and nerves. This is often used alongside other surgical procedures.
- Free flap procedure: In this procedure, muscle, bone or skin is transferred from one part of the body to another to reconstruct the area. This type of surgery is often accompanied by microsurgery.
- Tissue expansion: This involves the insertion of a balloon expander under the skin near the burn site. As the balloon is filled with saline, the skin stretches and grows. Once the skin has stretched enough, the expander is removed and the skin can then be used to repair burn scars.
This procedure has many advantages as the skin colour and texture are a near perfect match thus reducing scarring to a large extent. However, it is a very slow procedure and can take a few months. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.