Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Siliguri. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. MainakYour feedback matters!
I am 49 years old male. Slight diabetic of late, no other complaints so far. Has problem in sex. My penis is too small and not circumcised. While erect it gets to 5.5 inches. While inserting it does not long last and ejaculate fast. Any suggestions or guidance.
My partner was recently diagnosed with a type of hpv infection and he is using some ointment called podowart for those warts which he had in his penis due to the infection. But as we dint no about it priorly we participated in sex even . So will that infect me even? Is it a serious issue for me than my partner? What should I do for it whom should I consult?
Sir, I have a problem since childhood onwards. It's that I get bleeding from my nose, whenever there exceeds the heat in my body. Please suggest me a solution.
Sir I want increase my penis. Plzz tell me better suggestion. My penis's is only 3 inches long. My Height - 5'5 Weight - 56 kg Age - 22.5.
I am 39 years old. I have severe neck pains and frozen shoulder and hyperacidity problem. Please suggest medicine.
He have nightfall problem from last 2o years he is now 35 year old and because of that his penni became smaller in size please suggest what to do?
If a person is suffering from heart disease, blood pressure, diabetes. Is it recommended to opt for other options than whisky? Like red wine or something else.
I have a neck pain last 2 months, I cannot sleep, it causes pain in my neck. what should I do so that I can sleep easily any natural therapy is there to cure this? Please help me.
Hi sir my question is that.. My father are facing a problem regarding to right hand problem. Right hand any moment are pain all they day at any time.. They are also facing diabetes. So please solution.
I am 34 years age now having gas problem also my stomach is growing as compare to my body, I fill its due to the gas. One more thing that I am not very much of fund of to have the medicine.
I am 24 years and i'm very weak in intercourse I cannot perform my role more than a minute i'm afraid if my newly married life my wife is not satisfied with me please help me out.
How does this cyst occurs in ovaries & utreaus is it bcoz we take birth pills. As I was taking pills earlier for safe sex i& I had got cyst in the ovary as it is a simple cyst but when periods comes it starts paining.
Hello Doctors, I am suffering from premature ejaculation since 2 years, Then recently I started taking homeopathic Medicines to cure the same. Could you please let me know how much time homeopathic medicines take to give good result. As I am taking medicines since 1 month, feeling little improvements. Please help.
High blood pressure, which is often a result of hypertension, is the leading risk factor for a stroke, which in turn leads to severe and long-term disability, including death. Managing your blood sugar level is the most critical thing you can do to lessen your risk of a stroke, and you should leave no stone unturned in keeping your blood pressure at optimum levels.
What causes a stroke
A stroke, which is often referred to as a brain attack, takes place when the supply of blood to a particular region of the brain is cut off. The brain cells which are deprived of the oxygen and glucose die, and when the ailment is not caught early, a permanent damage to the brain can follow.
How is high blood pressure related to a stroke
Uncontrolled blood pressure levels can increase the risk of a stroke by about four to six times. With the passage of time, hypertension causes atherosclerosis as well as hardening of major arteries. This often results in blockages of small blood vessels present in the brain. With high blood pressure for a long period of time, the blood vessels of the brain become weak and burst. This way the risk of a stroke is directly related to the high levels of blood pressure.
What can you do to keep your blood pressure under control
There is a lot you can do to keep the chance of a stroke at bay. But the first thing you should try doing is keeping your blood pressure level normal. Some simple lifestyle changes can help you to lead a risk-free life and therefore, you should first aim at shedding off those extra pounds along your waistline.
In general, a man with a waistline measuring over 40 inches and a woman with that over 35 inches is at a higher risk of suffering from high blood pressure as well as a stroke. You should exercise regularly for at least half an hour and eat a well-regulated diet loaded with fibre, proteins, potassium and Omega-3 fatty acids. Stay away from junk food and maintain a food diary where you can jot down your honest food habits.
It is very important to lower down your high blood pressure in order to avoid risks of stroke. But if you fail to do so even after following a healthy routine, then it is crucial to consult a doctor who can help you by prescribing medications that are right for your medical condition.
I am 59 years old and I have multiple sebaceous cysts on my scrotum. Any medicine for removal of the cysts. Can a urologist remove them surgically. Also my prostate enlarged 36 cc. PSA is 0.4. Please advise. Thanks.
Blood in urine, medically known as Hematuria is not usually a cause of concern, but it can translate into an adverse condition if left unevaluated. The kidneys and other structures in the urinary tracts such as urethra (tube connecting the bladder to the outer part of the body); bladder (that stores the urine) and ureters (tube joining the bladder to the kidney) are the sources of blood flow to the urine. Hematuria can be accompanied by symptoms such as discharge of tea-colored, brownish-red or pink colored urine due to the presence of red blood cells, traces of which can only be detected under the microscope.
Underlying causes behind this disorder might be:
- Urinary tract infection is where the bacteria enter the body through the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder.
- Kidney infections (pyelonephritis) is when bacteria infiltrate into the kidneys from the bloodstream or travel up from the uterus to the kidneys.
- A kidney or a bladder stone is marked by the minerals in the concentrated urine precipitating out and molding into crystals that deposit on the bladder or kidney walls.
- Enlarged prostate is a condition in which the prostate gland, that is situated just below the bladder surrounding the upper part of the urethra, starts growing as males head towards their middle age.
- Kidney disease such as glomerulonephritis causes swelling of the kidneys, thus disrupting the filtering system.
- Bladder, kidney and prostate cancer are also possible causes.
- Hereditary disorders such as sickle cell anemia (a hereditary disease of the red blood cells in the hemoglobin) can also pose as a cause behind this disorder.
- Kidney injury as a result of heavy blows, accidents or injuries sustained while playing a spot can also contribute to this condition.
- Medications such as penicillin or the anti-cancer drug ‘cyclophosphamide’
- Strenuous physical exercises like intense workout or running may also result in Hematuria.
There is no fixed cure for Hematuria; instead the doctor would work on treating the repressed conditions behind the symptoms, such as prescribing antibiotics to heal the urinary tract infection or a medicine to shrink and normalize the enlarged prostate or administer a shock wave therapy to destroy the kidney or bladder stones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My age is 26 From last four days muje soch (letting) k time bhut pain hota h do ya three time bhut saara blood b nikla h saat mai Or letting k baad bhut jyada pain hota h hr time Pait m kabj bni rehti h hr time bathroom padta pdta h sbb s bdi problem pain he h.
Blood sugar plays an important role in your sex life. An estimated 381 million people in the world were diabetic in 2013 and by 2030 this number is expected to double. Diabetes can affect your performance or the way you feel about sex. It's just not a men's problem but women too have sexual problems that arise because of diabetes.
How Does Diabetes Affect Men and Women?
Men - Many sexual problems that men face are due to chronic high blood glucose. Erectile dysfunctions in men are often due to diabetes. Type 2 diabetes patients also run the risk for low testosterone levels, which can affect a man's desire for sex.
Women - Women having diabetes find it difficult to reach orgasm and the high blood sugar affects vaginal lubrication. The lack of lubrication not only reduces the sensation but makes sex more painful.
What can diabetics do to improve their sex life?
Here are 6 tips that can enhance your sex life if you're a diabetic:
1) Focus on pH: You should pay close attention to your blood sugar levels as an increased level can cause abnormal pH levels in your vagina, giving rise to chronic vaginal infections.
2) Eat right: Eating right can have a positive effect on your sex drive. Zinc helps in testosterone production and, thus, a diet rich in zinc is helpful for diabetic men. Good sources of zinc include cashews, red meat and crab.
3) Keeping Tab on your glucose level: Keeping a close check on the glucose level will help you avoid nerve damage and vaginal infections. It will also increase your overall health.
4) Exercise: This plays a pivotal role in reversing diabetes symptoms. It strengthens your heart, improves flexibility and stamina and also increases the blood flow to all the necessary areas.
5) Sleep Adequately: Sleeping soundly has been found to play an important role in controlling blood sugar. It is helpful in improving the sex-drive of diabetics.
6) Switch to sugar-free lubricant: Diabetics should keep tab on the lubricants. If you already have high levels of sugar in your vagina, adding more sugar to it is not advisory.