Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Asthma Management Program
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Health Screening For Women
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for MainakYour feedback matters!
Asthma - Causes And Homeopathic Remedies!
Asthma is a condition that severely affects the lungs. The airways become narrow and the lungs become inflamed. Its characteristic features include bronchospasm, reversible airflow obstruction and variable and recurring symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and chest tightness. This might be caused up to 2 to 3 times a day.
- Daily use of Paracetamol
- Daily use of antibiotics
- Caesarean sections
- Asthma in family
Asthma is usually triggered by:
- Tobacco Smoke
- Polluted or Poor air
- Cold Air
- Emotional Stress
Homeopathic Treatment: Asthma should be preferably treated using homeopathy. It is safe for most age groups. Asthma is a chronic problem that is best treated by a qualified homeopath. While few cures are found in numerous home use packs since they can treat a number of problems, the effective treatment of asthma usually needs potencies and changes of cures more than the extent of a prescriber and a home kit. For best results, the monitoring of a qualified homeopath should be sought. The homeopathic cures required for asthma change according to the signs of the sufferer. Some of them are listed below:
- Arsenicum Album (Ars.): Symptoms requiring the use of this medication include wheezing with dry cough and Asthma caused due to cold air. Upon application, the person will be anxious and restless and the condition worsens after midnight. Sometimes, it might result in exhaustion. There is a chilling sensation and they will crave for warmth. Patients required Ars. will be critical, anxious and afraid of being alone.
- Kali Bichromicum (Kali-bi.): Symptoms that require Kali-bi include asthma with stringy and sticky mucus. The patients feel chilly and after a while they get sick. The respiratory tract often is infected with mucous membrane infections. Ulcers are an additional infection.
- AntimoniumTartaricum (Ant-t.): Uncomfortable breathing and wet cough with mucus require this medication. It solves many issues that accompany difficult breathing. In severe cases, heart failure is possible.
- Grindelia (Grin.): Key symptoms are dry cough and possibility of wheezing. It may be accompanied by Rattling respiration, chronic bronchitis and suffocation during sleep.
- Phosphorus (Phos.): Upper respiratory tract infections cause asthma that ends in the chest. This causes coughing and wheezing.
Other homeopathic medicines for treating asthma are Nux Vomica (Nux-v.) and Pulsatilla Pratensis (Puls). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Diabetes is not an isolated disease but a syndrome. It brings with it a host of issues, affecting almost all organs, and that is the reason it is a dreaded issue. Diabetes is the result of chronic inflammation and this inflammation gradually spreads to all other organs. One of the main organs adversely affected is the kidneys. The kidneys are essential filtration agents, and impaired kidney function can have a series of bad effects on the body.
The good news is that not everybody with diabetes will have diabetic nephropathy. However, risk factors for developing diabetic nephropathy are:
- Severe, uncontrolled diabetes
- Family history
- Prior kidney disease, even chronic infection
- Race or ethnicity (native Americans, African Americans, etc.)
- Preexisting hypertension or high cholesterol levels
If you have these risk factors, then all efforts should be aimed at keeping blood sugar at highly optimal level. Once it reaches beyond a certain level, it is very difficult to get it under control.
There would be no symptoms in the initial stages
- If you suspect that increased sugar levels could be damaging the kidneys, it is imperative to do renal functions annually to test for onset of kidney malfunction
- There could be swelling of the feet and ankles
- Urine tests may indicate increased levels of protein in the body (serum albumin in particular)
The idea is to arrest or stop damage to the kidneys.
- Reduce and maintain blood pressure within the recommended levels. This will depend on the age and overall health status. Using angiotensin converting enzymes or angiotensin receptor blockers is the most effective way to control hypertension and related kidney damage
- Keeping blood sugar within the recommended levels helps reduce or stop damage to the blood vessels in the kidneys and thereby, prevent progression
- Maintain optimal levels of cholesterol, as this only adds to hypertension, which further worsens kidney function.
- Eat a heart-healthy diet and exercise regularly. It is a vicious cycle with components including hypertension, high sugar levels, increased heart disease, which all only continues in a circle nonstop. Breaking this cyclical trend is very important.
- Diet should not be too rich in protein, as the kidney function is impaired and may not be able to handle too much protein. Talk to a nutritionist as to how much protein is required and follow it strictly.
- Reduce salt levels in the diet, and strictly do not add extra salt onto your plate
- If you are a smoker, this is a great reason to quit, as it affects all the above conditions.
- Maintain weight under optimal levels.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist..
The battle of supremacy between processed and whole foods has been raging on for quite some time now. Which is better? Which is more nutritional? The debate seems a never ending one. This article will tell you the benefits and drawbacks of both types of foods. It’s for you to decide which one is better for you and which isn't.
Processed foods are foods which have been altered in some way or the other to make them healthier, to make them taste better or for storage purposes. Almost every day to day food that you consume is processed. Some examples of processed foods include breakfast cereals, cheese, milks, soft drinks, bread etc.
Advantages of processed foods
Here are some advantages that you drive home from processed foods:
1. Processed foods like different types of jams and juices taste very good and last longer, making them a part of every household.
2. Processed fruits, vegetables and herbs, when stored in cans, tend to be free from bacteria and other harmful agents.
3. They are easy to purchase because they are available in all seasons
Disadvantages of processed foods
Processed foods have their own set of drawbacks. Here are some of them:
1. Some processed foods are genetically modified, which may cause a negative impact on your health.
2. Foods tend to lose their nutritional value when processed.
3. Foods that contain added sugar and fat can lead to a lot of health problems like diabetes, heart diseases and other cardiovascular problems.
Natural foods are those which don’t undergo any change in the form of added color, sugar or flavor. Natural foods go straight from vegetable farms and poultry farms to the market where you can purchase them.
Advantages of natural foods
Fresh fruits, vegetables or meat are categorized under natural foods, including a host of other foods as well which are not processed. Here are their advantages:
1. Natural foods are as nature intended them to be. They contain no added ingredients or flavor.
2. A diet comprising of natural foods keeps many diseases at bay.
3. Natural foods are free harmful flavor enhancers like MSG
4. Natural foods are rich in vitamins and minerals which are necessary for a healthy you.
Disadvantages of natural foods
There are not many disadvantages of natural foods apart from the facts that they are difficult to store, spoil after a certain period and are not available all year round. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hello doctor I have a question for my wife. She is feeling toilet frequently more than normal. Is this a sign of pregnancy or some kind of urinal infection. Thanks.
Sir as I masturbate 3 to 4 times a week some times I feel pain near my stomach and I have hair loss whats the reason for it does it affect my sex life or any other problems.
Sir I'm 23 years male from last 2 years I'm suffering from cold in all seasons and mostly I get red bumps in throat and little white spots on tonsils and swelling tonsils when I take medicines in relief for some time and comes back again and again from last 2 years so should I get some surgery like removing tonsils or it can be removed by regular salt water gargle.
My last period cycle was on 5th January 2017. I was having PCOD Issue and my husband has a low sperm count as we are planning for baby from last 3 years. Till day before yesterday there is period not happened. Yesterday we had a kit test which showed positive then we did HCG, BETA, TOTAL, PREGNANCY test which even shows positive result. Where as when today morning we did the ultrasound our doctor said there is nothing identified in scanning. So my doctor asked to take Complete bed rest and prescribed MCBM 69 and Dubagest sr. And asked us to do the rescan after 2 weeks. I am a bit worried now. Can any one suggest what should I do. Do I need to consult another doc or should I wait?
Why Forgein men last longer on bed? (As shown in porn movies). Lasting long during sex, is it a technic or some stamina issue or something special powers, what is it? If it is a technic, can any certified person may share his wisdom? Or if it is a stamina or something special (exercise/workout, kindly tell us how to acquire that supernatural power? I just want to understand the logic behind lasting long on bed? Thank you.
I am 53 years old. For the last 20 years or so I have been suffering from dysentery. Usually I take allopathic medicines prescribed by the doctor. So long as the course continues, dysentery is under control but stopping of medicines cause recurrence of the problem. I have to go the latrine for 3 to 4 times, sometimes even more. Besides taking aqua guard filtered water, I eat home-made foods without spice and oil. What should I do to get rid of the dysentery problem.
Basically girl have period problem. Why its happened .and how to stop period from young age. During period time. Can I do sex or not. I am confused. Help me.
I am 21 years old. I am snoring a lot with high sound. My friends and my family members are teasing me a lot. So please plz help me with a solution in order to decrease my snoring.
How a diet high in salt increases blood pressure:
- The amount of salt you eat has a direct effect on your blood pressure.
- Sodium plays a key role in balancing the levels of fluid in our bodies by signaling to the kidneys when to retain water and when to get rid of water.
- When we eat too much salt, our bloodstream has more sodium in it than the surrounding areas of our body. This causes the water in those areas to be pulled into our bloodstream.
- Thus salt makes your body hold on to water. If you eat too much salt, the extra water stored in your body raises your blood pressure. So, the more salt you eat, the higher your blood pressure.
- A high-sodium diet can interfere with this delicate process and reduce kidney function. The result is less water removed from the body, which may lead to higher blood pressure.
- The higher your blood pressure, the greater the strain on your heart, arteries, kidneys. Overtime these extra strain can damage kidney an lead to kidney disease.
- As this reduces kidney's ability to filter toxic waste products out of the body which gradually start building up in the body leading to kidney failure.
- Also, eating too much salt may mean that blood pressure medicines (such as diuretics) don't work as well as they could.
So spice up your life with salt. But cautiously.
Many persons report to doctors complaining about weakness, backache, loss of energy and other vague symptoms attributing these all to the loss of calcium and sometime semen with urine. How do they get to this conclusion? They may have noticed ‘white discharge (particularly in morning sample) in urine, they leak few drops of white discharge while talking to women (talking over phone included) or thinking about them, their neighborhood ‘test wala’ (lab technician) report their urine containing a few calcium carbonate crystals (anyways its almost always same test wala or ‘medical wala’ (medical store owner) who orders their urinalysis in first instance), they suffer (as per them) from frequent night emissions associated with wet dreams or without wet dreams and so on (list is exhaustive).
This is precipitated and perpetuated by commonly held belief about extreme preciousness of semen in sub-continental cultures including ours. This is based on an old hindu belief that it takes forty drops of blood to create a drop of bone marrow and forty drops of bone marrow to create a drop of sperm (wikipedia). These persons usually spend good amount of resources for treatment of ‘calcium or semen loss’ without much success.
This is actually a neuro-asthenic syndrome first described by professor (dr) narendra wig as ‘dhat syndrome’.
Females also suffer from an equivalent syndrome characterized by excessive vaginal discharge or leucorrhea, which is again considered a" precicious fluid.
Reassurance and proper education is the mainstay of treatment. Many times counseling, anti-anxiety and anti-depressant medications are needed.
I am 22 years old female. I am having lip swelling for past 1 year due to allergy. I have had a history of allergic conjunctivitis for 5 year and history of asthma since birth. I have tried numerous medications like antihistamine and steroids for past year for my lip swelling but its not going away. I have also have trouble breathing at times and I'm becoming more allergic to even to the foods that I used to consume. Whats should I do now?
Winters can often be gloomy, which is why the Spring Equinox comes as good news for those counting the days until warmer weather. It is the time when equator passes through the center of the sun and the days become longer. The spring equinox does not only mark as the beginning of the spring, but has great influence over our health.
- On an average, we need 8-10 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated. This helps ensure proper blood circulation that takes nutrients to all the calls of the body, aids digestion, maintains proper functioning of the heart and brain and helps remove toxins from the body. Drinking water also helps improve metabolism and can, therefore, help you manage your weight. However, sometimes, you need to drink more water. The spring equinox is one such time of the year when the body needs more water.
- The equinox refers to the passing of the earth’s equator plane through the centre of the sun. There are two equinoxes in a year; once in march and once in September. On an equinox, the length of the day and night is almost equal. The equinox in March is known as the Spring Equinox or Vernal Equinox and occurs typically around the March 20. This marks the end of winter and the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere.
- For a few days before and after the equinox along with the day of the equinox, the sun is directly overhead and very strong. Thus, it is essential to drink a lot of water and stay indoors as far as possible. If you must go out during the day, carry an umbrella or wear a car. The strength of the sun’s rays can dehydrate the body very fast causing nausea, heat strokes and blackouts. In addition, the heat can also make you sweat excessively thereby increasing the amount of water expelled from your body. An easy way to check your body’s hydrated levels is to check your urine. A pale yellow, straw-like colour indicates good hydration while a darker yellow means that your body is dehydrated.
- While drinking water is important, drinking water the right way is equally important. Drinking a bottle of water at once may give you the impression that you have drunk enough water, but in reality, the body cannot absorb so much water at one time. Instead, you should space out your water intake and drink throughout the day. Juices, soft drinks, tea, coffee etc cannot be used as a substitute for water. The caffeine in tea and coffee can actually dehydrate your body further and hence should be avoided at this time. If plain water does not sound appealing to you, you could infuse it with herbs like basil or fruits and vegetables like strawberries, oranges, lemons and cucumbers to add flavour.
Washing your face often and showering twice a day can also help hydrate your skin and cool you down. Alternatively, you could fill a spray bottle with water and spritz yourself from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.