Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Secunderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Manidipa Dey
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Manidipa DeyYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Nice experience.... doctor has designed nice plan as per my need
Though some foods do not expire, but it is advisable not to consume certain foods once they have expired.
- Eggs: Eggs contain large amounts of nutrients per calorie. They are a cheap and tasty source of protein. It is no big surprise that they have turned into a breakfast staple; yet in case that you are eating an egg that is past its expiry date, do reconsider. These are the most widely recognized reasons for food-borne illnesses.
- Meat: Bacteria are common in both pre-packaged meats, and in the pieces you take from your butcher at the market. The listeria bacteria are especially hazardous, as the type of harm it causes can be lethal in most of the cases. From a general outlook, it is best to avoid processed meat.
- Mixed greens: Mixed greens including spinach, arugula, spring blend, bundled plate of mixed greens lettuce and other veggies do not keep extremely well after their due date. So if their withered appearance and disgusting covering does not turn you off, think about the bacteria and pathogens hiding underneath your sandwich bread.
- Hay sprouts: It is important that you use them rapidly once you get them, since they tend to be bacteria magnets. Truth be told, hay pulls in a greater number of germs than other vegetables, particularly in case you abandon them unrefrigerated.
- Clams/oysters: Bad oysters can be fatal. This is based on the type of microscopic organisms that develop in spoiled oysters. It is known as V. vulnificus. It causes an extreme type of food poisoning. V. vulnificus bacteria affects the circulatory system, sending the body into a septic shock.
- Shrimp: Much like clams and shellfish, shrimps are extremely inclined to bacterial contaminations. It is not to be consumed after a while since it can lead to food poisoning or diarrhea.
- Crude ground beef: E. coli bacteria are the most basic reason for food poisoning. These bacteria originate from the animal’s digestive systems and are available in all hamburger items. In case that the hamburger is prepared and taken care of securely, it will not turn into a problem.
- Berries: When berries turn sour, they pull in extensive amounts of cyclospora, a kind of bacteria that leads to food poisoning. While this sort of food poisoning is not as harmful as some others, it is something you definitely need to stay away from.
- Soft cheese: With hard cheeses, similar to cheddar, it is regularly safe to remove the external edges and eat the soft cheese underneath. However, this practice does not reach out to soft cheeses, similar to brie. In case you are discovering mold on the edges of your soft cheese, do not eat it. You may end up with an infection.
- Chicken: Poultry items, including chicken tend to cause the maximum harm in case that they are not taken care of and cooked properly. Undercooked and old chicken can be very unsafe for health.
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease, with the incidence mainly increased by changing lifestyles including food habits and sedentary way of life. How does it happen? The sugar that is consumed is metabolized by a hormone known as insulin. Diabetes can occur due to two reasons:
- Reduced amount of insulin production
- Increased amount of sugar levels beyond what the produced insulin can metabolize.
Risk factors: Diabetes can be genetic, but in most cases, it is acquired and the following are risk factors for the same.
- Ethnicity (Hispanics, Latino Americans, Afro-Americans, etc.)
- Dietary habits including excessive consumption of sugar(s), refined foods, processed foods
- Impaired glucose tolerance
- Developing resistance to insulin (thereby increased sugar levels)
- Decreased amount of dietary fiber
- Increased thirst
- Increased appetite
- Increased urination
- Increased fatigue
- Unintended weight loss
- Dryness and itching of skin
- Delayed healing of wounds
- Reduced sensation in the lower limbs
Management through Lifestyle changes:
Diabetes 1 which requires insulin is not preventable but type 2 diabetes is easily manageable through lifestyle changes. This can prolong the onset of getting diabetes and reduce the severity of the disease. It also helps reduce complications. This would require a combination of diet, lifestyle changes, and healthcare.
- Sugars are the main culprit, and refined sugar consumption should be reduced.
- Oils, white rice, refined flour, processed foods, packaged foods, canned foods, etc. also to be reduced.
- Increase the amount of fresh fruits and vegetables. This helps reduce calories and also increase fiber consumption.
- When it comes to fats, increase consumption of unsaturated fatty acids and reduce saturated fatty acids.
- Sufficient hydration ensures the toxins are washed off and the tissues are well hydrated.
- Pack the diet with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Diabetes is considered a chronic inflammatory process, and including antioxidants in your diet ensures that the buildup of toxins is reduced and inflammation is controlled.
- Avoid eating large portions at any meal. Small, frequent meals ensure the body receives an even spread of calories.
- The size of the meal should reduce as the day goes along.
- A routine exercise regimen helps in weight management, improved insulin function, and reducing fat accumulation. Pick what works for you - jogging, cycling, running, swimming, brisk walking, etc.
- Quitting smoking has multiple benefits, and improved diabetes control is just one.
- Weight management: Weight needs to be constantly monitored for deviations and immediate course corrections to be done
- Stress management: Stress is a risk factor for diabetes and controlling stress helps improve diabetes control
- Vigilance and Monitoring: Sugar levels need to be constantly monitored. Higher sugar levels or missed doses should be immediately corrected. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
With growing digitalisation, the types of weight management consultations, which are offered online are also increasing at a rapid rate. These consultatios range from being generic and applicable to all to specialised ones designed to suit your body type and lifestyle only.
Availing them online instead of availing them in person comes with a number of benefits as listed below:
- Designed to suit your convenience: These particular weight loss programs are available online which is why they are designed in a way to conform to your convenience. You can refer to them at any time when you feel is right, which makes them flexible and more comfortable to avail.
- They come with a variety of features: The online weight management courses come with a variety of features to suit your needs. Almost all programmes offer goal setting/target and a daily/weekly planner and tracker. Some also give you the liberty of choosing a free trial, weight loss buddy or interacting with the nutritionists privately in a separate chat room.
- Personalised help: Certain weight loss programmes give you the option of availing of personalised services of expert nutritionists via chat rooms or telephone and e-mail. These nutritionists aim to understand the composition of your body and design plans to suit your requirements accordingly. These plans are designed according to adhere to your comfort level and lifestyle which makes it a conducive choice.
- Opportunity to learn from a diverse group of instructors: Because these programs are based online, the instructors, advisors and nutritionists who apprise you are versatile in terms of their specialisation, diet planning, country of origin etc. They might have specialised in different forms of planning; for instance, a nutritionist based in Morocco will help you whip up healthy middle-eastern delicacies while someone else who specialises in functional training will be able to explain the various exercises which will help you lose weight.
I was detected with pcod 2 years back .I felt that my weight is gaining so I started gaining and dieting ,the progress is reduced slightly .is I have to do gyming and dieting throughout the life .my weight is now 49 kg and height is 147 cm is my weight is ohkk or I have to decrease and upto what kgs I have to decrease. Plzz tell me and I am a mbbs student so I don't get enough time so is discontinuing gym lead to weight gain.
My weight is very low so please suggest me good medicine to increase weight I feel negativity in office because of slim body please help me.
When diet is wrong medicine is of no use.