Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Acupressurists in India. You will find Acupressurists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Acupressurists online in Rampur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahendra Singh
Ear Acupuncture Technique
Electro Acupuncture Procedure
Scalp Acupuncture Treatment
Three Edge Needling Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahendra SinghYour feedback matters!
What is the cause of Piriformis? Is it due to staying in same position for too long? Or the reason is something else? I am not 100% sure that I have Piriformis but the symptoms are much more similar to that of Piriformis. Please help me know how to get out of this problem. I have this problem since 8 months.
I am suffering from high uric acid level. That's why there is swelling in the thumb of the left foot which causes pain. What is the cure for this problem?
I am a 21 year male. 3 days back during my workout at gym I lifted a very heavy weight since then I having mild pain whenever I am drinking water and constipation problem has started from that day.
I have fever from last two days. Legs are also paining. I think, may be I am suffering from dengue? Can you please help?
I am 34 year old health female with on and off acidity issue which is currently in control. I have on going pain in my right leg (in all joints i. E pelvic, knee, ankle, hip) it is a shifting pain. Im taking kineto dp twice daily. Please recommend what should be done thanks.
I am 16 years old, I am suffering from leg pain when I walk or run fast then I feel weakness in leg.what to do
How to use minoxidil along with hair sprays for styling and would be okay to daily wash hairs with shampoo and hair conditioner. As I have to apply minoxidil in night time too. Kindly suggest the right way to use minoxidil liquid along with hair sprays.
The hand movement is to a large extent controlled by the shoulder. It is a ball and socket setup where the shoulder bone has a socket, into which the upper arm bone fits in like a ball. Due to excessive movement or repetitive strain, the shoulder can be subjected to a lot of strain and stress. Shoulder pain is one of the most common symptoms, especially in sportspersons who use the hands repeatedly, like swimmers, basketball players, volleyball players, etc.
The pain in the shoulder could be due to various conditions, such as:
- Dislocation: Due to repetitive movements, the shoulder can get dislocated and cause pain. This could be an acute injury or due to repeated instability.
- Rotator cuff tear: The point of rotation for the shoulder joint can suffer a tear, leading to rotator cuff tear, which is a very common cause of shoulder pain.
- Labral tear: The ligament which connects to the upper arm bone to the shoulder socket can tear up, again leading to pain.
- Tendinitis: There could be calcium deposits within the tendon space, which also can cause shoulder pain. The severity depends on the extent of calcification.
- Arthritis: Due to old age or due to regular wear and tear, there could be arthritis of the shoulder joint, leading to pain. This could be worse at night.
- Frozen shoulder: In addition to limited movement, there is also shoulder pain with frozen shoulder.
Depending on the cause, the shoulder pain intensity can vary, the duration can vary, it can be at night or day, can be intermittent or constant. In addition to pain, there could also be:
- Inability to lift hand above the shoulder
- Inability to carry objects
- Swelling of the shoulder along with stiffness
- Deformity of the joint
Shoulder pain can be very limiting and needs to be managed. From minimally invasive to surgical options, the following are some options.
- Rest: For the pain to subside, the inflammation should subside and so rest is the first line of therapy.
- Ice/Heat: Icing the shoulder for 10 to 15 minutes every 4 to 6 hours is a great way to remove the inflammation and provide relief from pain. This can be alternated with a heated pad if one gets relief.
- Massage: Massage with herbal or pain oils is another effective way to manage pain. The herbal oils soak into the skin and provide relief from the pain.
- Exercise: Exercises to improve shoulder joint strength prove to be really effective but should only be done under supervision.
- Anti-inflammatory medications: Care should be taken they are not used long term, to avoid other effects.
- Cortisone injections: Given into the shoulder joint, these injections help reduce inflammation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!