Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You can find Endocrinologists online in Rajkot . View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pankaj M Patel
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Gestational Diabetes Management
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj M PatelYour feedback matters!
Very nice nd educated doctor m very happy wth his replyies..
Good doctor. Knowledgeable and explains everything nicely.
Dr.pankaj patel is vry humble and genius doctor.
I am make 76. Diebetis since 34 years ptca done 10 years back. On beta blockers & blood thiinners sine 12 years. Now suffering from back pain since one month. Also constipation. Inuilin human mixtard twice a day 30 units morning 25 unit at night suggest medicine for back pain & constipation.
I have done my Thyroid blood test yesterday and the report says that T3 is normal, T4 is normal but TSH is very high its >100. What should I do.?
At what time tab. Hydrocortisone dose should be taken in 3 divided dose regimen in case of Addison disease ? For example if dose to be divided of 40 mg of hydrocort, then what will be the split of dose and at what time ? Cortisol report of 8 am is. 0.76. Please tell.
I am 69 years old having bp & diabities ii. For bp. I am taking asomax 5, enam 10mg in the morning & embeta xr 50 in the evening with theses my bp is remain in control;. For diabities I was taking tribet 2 fort, in the morning before b. F & onglyza after bf & in the night metsmall 1000 after dinner. The fatting was 160-180. Now I got checked in escorts new delhi, th Dr. Said that in tribet 2 fort pioglitazone is there with this weight will increase, so he chsnged to gemer 2 ds in place of tribet 2 fott other remains same, but my fasting suger is 180 -200 my ht is 5ft 6in 7 wt 86 kg. Pl advice how to lower fasting sugar. Thanks
He is a diabetes patients, he is not well, even he take all type of precautions, he is weak, can you suggest me is revital help ful for him. He work hard at his shop. He always become ill because of weakness.
I am 47 years female. Last week my fasting blood glucose gave a value of 121 mg/dl. My doctor has told me to avoid sugar and repeat after 3 months. Please advise. Flavia.
A problem in any one of a number of key processes can result in infertility. Male and female factors can exist in isolation or combination and fertility investigations, diagnoses and treatment should always be considered in the context of the couple.
Sperm problems will contribute to about 40% of infertility cases. The normal working of the male reproductive system involves first the production of sufficient numbers of functional sperm cells and then the delivery of these sperm to the ejaculate. Key to the diagnosis of male infertility is a semen analysis, which assesses primarily sperm numbers, sperm movement and sperm form.
Dysfunction of the female reproductive organs is also apparent in around 40% of infertile couples. The most common identifiable causes of female fertility problems are outlined below:
1. Ovulatory dysfunction, (or anovulation) where an egg is not released from the ovary every month, is the single most common cause of female infertility. Predominantly anovulation is caused by hormonal imbalances such as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) but ovarian scarring and premature menopause can also result in failure to ovulate.
2. Tubal disease, comprising anything from mild adhesions to complete blockage of the fallopian tubes, prevents fertilised eggs from travelling from the site of fertilisation to the uterus. It may also prevent the sperm from reaching the egg. Normal uterine implantation can therefore not occur. The main causes of tubal infertility are pelvic infections caused by bacteria such as chlamydia, previous abdominal disease or surgery and ectopic pregnancy.
4. Repeated pregnancy loss - Some people may not have difficulty conceiving, but have suffered from miscarriages. This is obviously extremely distressing for the couples involved. Our miscarriage clinic can help investigate these issues and attempt to help couples with any future pregnancy.
Less common factors
The following other factors may also be responsible for infertility in a smaller proportion of cases:
1. Genetic abnormalities within eggs, sperm or both
2. An abnormal uterine cavity, including the presence of fibroids or polyps
3. Immunological infertility, whereby either the male or female partner produces anti-bodies against sperm cells or implantation of an embryo
4. Abnormal cervical mucus which hinders the passage of sperm to the uterus and fallopian tubes
5. Unexplained infertility - Even when investigations have been extensive, some couples will have no reason with which to explain their infertility. This can often be a frustrating diagnosis. In these cases the duration of the infertility is the best parameter by which to judge the chances of future natural conception; the longer the time of infertility then the sooner intervention should be considered.
Please do consult a competent sexologist for unexplained infertility problems.