Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I have a red mark on my eye that got bigger. I have been told it is bloodshot but it has been in my eye for two days now, I woke up and noticed the mark, it stings when I blink and I touched it and it really hurt. Whom should I consult?

1 Doctor Answered
Have you got high BP or sugar problems. You should get it examined first to rule out cause and attain final diagnosis of bloodshot before starting treatment. The bloodshot usually occur due to erratic fluctuations in BP (as in coughing or straining) for which you should check your BP for consequent 3-4 days (at any time in a day) to notice fluctuations in BP and then visit your ophthalmologist.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.