I am 34 male with 31 teeth. There is a gap in my upper section of teeth. Occurs due to brushing. How can makeup this gap .is scaling harmful for teeth as I have black rocky substance in my teeth. How to remove it? Regards.

Hi lybrate-user scaling is not harmful for teeth. U should go for scaling to remove that black rocky substance and pls visit orthodontist for gap in teeth.
When required scaling is good get scaling polishing done by a dentist than brush twice daily especially at night.
Actually your question was not clear. I do not know what you meant by gap. But I guess you are mentioning about abrasion. It may be caused due to vigorous brushing. So consult a nearby dentist and get yourself a filling and scaling is never harmful. Its a preventive measurement. Go to a dentist and get yourself both scaling and root planing. U will see improvement within a matter of days.
Hello, Visit a dentist and get it checked. Gap in between teeth can be closed by 1. Orthodontic treatment 2. Composite or ceramic veneers. 3. Crowns. Scaling is not harmful. It is not an invasive procedure, it just removes the deposits in between teeth, blackish rocky substance is called tartar which can also be taken care with scaling and polishing. So get it done. Brush twice daily, maintain proper brushing technique, floss regularly and rinse after every meal. Visit your dentist every 6 months.