I am 44 years old. I now have been suffering from this problem from past 2 yrs. Every time during sleep (whether day or night) I experience a pain in my stomach and burning sensation too. It is also accompanied by breathlessness. Due to this I have to wake up several time in my sleep and feel suffocated and with burning sensation in stomach.

I am 44 years old. I now have been suffering from this pr...
All these are symptoms of acid reflux. The acid in the stomach is pushed into the mouth and can sometimes irritate the upper respiratory pathway and cause suffocated feeling. The reason for burning sensation in stomach is excessive acid in stomach. Some of the remedies suggested are as follows: Do not fill your stomach completely especially during night time when you are going to sleep. Leave some space. Take meals earlier before sleeping. About 1-2 hrs or so. Take frequent small meals throughout the day instead of large ones. Do not leave your stomach empty for long. Try and maintain your eating timings. Do not get stressed with your problem, it will worsen because acid secretion increases on stress. If all the above measures fail, you may have to take medicines on advice and under supervision of your doctor.
Breathlessness in night can be caused by cardiac problems. please visit a cardiologist.