Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 22 years old male and I am having Receding Gums problem so which medicine should take to cure it or any other way to stop it.

6 Doctors Answered
At your age the cause could be calculus deposition or forceful brushing. If you notice hard yellow or greyish black deposit around and on the tooth surface, it is calculus and has to be removed by scaling, a procedure done at a Dental clinic. Do not brush with force. Take a minute more but be gentle while brushing.
1 person found this helpful
avoid harsh brushing and do gum massage with dentakind gum astringent daily four times
Hi lybrate-user, to have receding gums is strange at your age. But anyways there is no medicine to cure it. There might be some other cause for the receding gums, probably there is plaque and calculus (deposits beneath your gums). So, you must visit a dentist and get a scaling done, there are no side effects of scaling except sensitivity for 2-3 days that too in extreme cases.
It can't b cured by med alone consult a periodontist you may require deep gingival curettage or gum surgery than maintain by twice brush especially at night.
Hi Receding gums indicate your supporting bone levels to be going down or in other words the tooth is getting weaker due to either deposits on teeth or wrong brushing technique. U need to consult a dental surgeon for further treatment options. Thanks.
For receding gums first get scaling/tooth cleaning done. Then ask you r dentist for correct technique of brushing.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.