Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My wife is in her thirties, is having acidity problem for some weeks now, earlier she used to take antacids like gelusil, reflux forte and this would help, but problem seems acute after doctor check up for some 3 weeks she is taking pan d, antacid syrup, as per advise taking care of food, avoiding sour curd & citrus fruits, avoiding hot milk, having normal, less spicy food, but she still has gas coming from mouth, not feeling completely cured, and has some itching in oesophagus, request you to guide & advise whether another medicines, need to be taken, or whether her currents food intake is ok or do you have any other advise on food habit/ diet? please help as she is wants to get well normal soon.

1 Doctor Answered
Get an upper gi endoscopy done with h. Pylori test it's an opd procedure. Take 3 to 5 minutes the test will tell you the exact nature and gravity of problem if she comes positive for h. Pylori infection. It can be eradicated via 10 day course of antibiotics treatment
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.