Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I have OA in both knees and also need a hip (R) joint replacement for which I need to take off about 26 - 30 Kg. Is there any exercise that will help me walk or injections for cushioning in these areas - I want to avoid surgery - I am 63 years old and female. The metabolism in my body has slowed down and due to pain in hip am unable to walk even 10 mt without stopping. Pl answer. Thank you.

2 Doctors Answered
OA in both knees requires surgery but it depends up on how much it is damage so that you have to visit the orthopaedics doctor for clinical examination without clinical examination that can't be determined. So we advised you to visit joint replacement surgeon with x-rays of both knee and hip so that treatment course can be done.
1 person found this helpful
Do janubasti & erandmuladiyapan basti for 7 days.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.